Mars in hard aspect to Venus in synastry/composite

astro11

In terms of synastry/ composite, I've observed in other people and personally experienced myself that if you have the repeating theme of Mars in hard aspect to Venus with a lover, usually it indicates extreme changes in feelings towards the other (love-hate) at some point. There is more competitiveness than cooperation coupled with a tendency to be rough and careless with the other person's feelings. Overall the feeling of gentleness and caring is lacking. This is true even if neither partner has natal Venus in hard aspect to Mars but the intensity is greater if one or both people have the natal aspect.

If you have had Mars in hard aspect to Venus with a past or current lover or have observed how this aspect manifests in other people's relationships, please share.

Yes, I currently have a venus trine mars and mars quincunx venus with a person and we have a very love hate relationship but not just because of those placements it could also be due to the, 25 squares, like 30 something inconjuncts and 7 oppositions we have in our synastry.....

astro11

Hi PisceanPallas,

It has been my experience that easy aspects in synastry do have the fortunate effect of dampening the effects of the hard aspects. In addition, since neither of you had the natal hard aspect that is probably why things haven't been as rough. Nevertheless the square has brought difficulty as it usually does and what you describe seems to be common.

astro11

Yes, I currently have a venus trine mars and mars quincunx venus with a person and we have a very love hate relationship but not just because of those placements it could also be due to the, 25 squares, like 30 something inconjuncts and 7 oppositions we have in our synastry.....

That is a heavily challenging karmic relationship indeed!

Claire19

Interesting. it must be that the combination in composite brings out the worst in that way with each other. I feel that the contact is the most important thing and where it is. Venus also rules finances and Mars our general energy drives and initiative. So the houses have to be looked at. The difficult aspects are those in challenge with Saturn which can keep people bound even when unhappy so in that way it must be karmic. However without saturn contacts the relationship does not endure anyway.

Sometimes the conjunctions in the natal can manifest as squares in composite.

Claire19

That is a heavily challenging karmic relationship indeed!
I dont really use inconjuncts, they may be a source of irritation but the orb with synastry and composites have to be tight, around 0-4 degrees at most and only with the Sun and Moon would I go to four degress. I imagine not all the aspects you cite would be valid. Pluto brings in hate combined with passion and/or Scorpio and Aries involved. Saturn is the heavy one and deals with karmic debit and credit to be addressed.

Neptune Rising

I have my Venus in square with a fella's Mars. He has natal Venus square Mars in his chart, so his Venus is also opposite my Venus. In the composite they don't contact. I also don't have Venus in contact with Mars in my natal chart. But when we were together, we had a very passionate time, not necessarily caring but lots of love and fun. I had an ex also with his Mars and Venus square my Venus, it was the same thing, we had a passionate time, but not necessarily caring. I didn't feel I was tenderly loved. Though, my Venus is inconjunct Saturn in natal anyways. Both these guys had their Mars in Scorpio, and I did find them quite pushy, in that sense. They certainly pursued me. Though the Mars' were in my 11th house, so I also felt an affinity with them! Paradox!

"Sexual disharmonies or conflicting needs and desires regarding how love is expressed will have to be worked out." from Pisceanpallas' post, I can relate to that.

With another ex, it was my Mars in Sag square with his Venus in Pisces. I think he found me quite pushy, in some way.

I dont really use inconjuncts, they may be a source of irritation but the orb with synastry and composites have to be tight, around 0-4 degrees at most and only with the Sun and Moon would I go to four degress. I imagine not all the aspects you cite would be valid. Pluto brings in hate combined with passion and/or Scorpio and Aries involved. Saturn is the heavy one and deals with karmic debit and credit to be addressed.

Umm I am the one posted about those aspects (inconjuncts), if you wouldn't mind, would you check out my thread about it : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56731

I have a lot of tense saturn/pluto/mars aspects with this person.

Last edited:

chei star

My partner's Venus squares my Mars in our synastry chart.

CafeAstrology: "This is likely to be a stormy and fiery relationship. The romantic attraction between you is very strong, but your feelings are often not in tune with each other. One of you (typically the Mars person but sometimes the Venus person) may feel sexually aroused by the other and consequently be too aggressive in approach, while the other person feels great love and affection, but is not feeling as sexually attracted."

Our energies have always been out of sync, especially sexual energies with him having Mars in Libra and me having Mars in Scorpio. I think this Venus-Mars aspect is so important. We get on really well in other ways but in this way we are most incompatible. Ruins otherwise good synastry, really.

astro11

I disagree with you on inconjuncts (quincunx). They can and do cause a lot of damage, not just a minor irritation. I frequently see them contributing to significant problems in synastry/composite between people. In predictive work they show up all the time in disturbing incidents such as major vehicle/plane crashes, criminal acts, public disgraces, large scale fights, skeletons out of the closet etc.

zoumizzouzou

CafeAstrology: "This is likely to be a stormy and fiery relationship. The romantic attraction between you is very strong, but your feelings are often not in tune with each other. One of you (typically the Mars person but sometimes the Venus person) may feel sexually aroused by the other and consequently be too aggressive in approach, while the other person feels great love and affection, but is not feeling as sexually attracted.

Hmm... Well the guy I like's Mars in Scorpio is square my Venus in Leo, but our Venus' are conjunct... Also, we have my Pluto in Scorpio conjunct his Mars and and square his Venus... :sideways:

Anyway, I feel sexual attraction (and I'm the Venus in the relationship, Idk how he feels...)

astro11

Hmm... Well the guy I like's Mars in Scorpio is square my Venus in Leo, but our Venus' are conjunct... Also, we have my Pluto in Scorpio conjunct his Mars and and square his Venus... :sideways:

Anyway, I feel sexual attraction (and I'm the Venus in the relationship, Idk how he feels...)

He likely feels a sexual attraction as well, the aspects Venus-Pluto and Mars-Venus together usually point to a good degree of sexual attraction. If you have a Moon-Mars and/or Sun-Mars aspect with him as well, you can be 100% sure he is sexually attracted to you, even if he doesn't show it.