Last years World Series game predictions

Frank

Last year's World Series game predictions

Since we've had some posting of baseball predictions here recently, I thought it might be interesting for people to take a look at how I predicted last year's World Series games. I made these posts on two different forums and I've edited out others' comments. The words are all mine, so no copyright issues.

I do NOT do sports predictions for gambling purposes, but soley for my own (and others) amusement and edification. The methods I use for baseball is to assign the Home team both the 4th and 7th House cusps and the Away team the 1st House cusp. The Away team's significator needs to be stronger than BOTH the Home team's significator due to the great advantage given to the Home team in baseball - having the final at bat.

Here are the posts:

Posted: Oct 20, 2008 10:05 PM

This World Series looks to be very difficult to pick astrologically. My preliminary analysis on all seven games using the techniques I used to get the NLCS games right looks very strange.

If we adhere strictly to my current method, it appears that the visiting team will win each game of the series. That means that the Phillies would win in seven games, never winning a single game at home. This seems counter-intuitive to me, but it needs to be put out there before I start looking at individual games.

The reason that this series is problematic to predict has to do with all the games taking place around the same time either 8:29 or 8:35 p.m. either in St. Petersburg or Philadelphia.

Each game has Gemini rising and Sagittarius on the 7th House cusp. Every game except Game 6 has Leo on the (quadrant-based) 4th House cusp. Game 6 has Virgo. If one uses Whole-Sign houses, Virgo is of course on the 4th House for every game. In charts like this, I personally favor Regiomontanus rather than Whole-Sign houses.

[Disclaimer – I am a life-long Phillies fan. But I hope to be able to detach myself enough to be objective.]

So, let’s look at Game 1.
2008 World Series Game 1
Oct 22 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
27N46’14” 082W41’46”

1 Gemini 18 rises. The early ascendant might be problematic – I like to see a well-developed ascendant (more than 3 degrees rising) to judge this sort of chart with confidence. But let’s put that aside for now.

Mercury, the Domicile ruler of the ascendant is Dignified by Triplicity (Lilly’s table) and also has a Mutual Reception with Saturn by Exaltation. The Sun rules the 4th House by Domicile and is both in Fall and Peregrine.

The 7th House cusp takes Jupiter as its Domicile ruler, which is in Fall but has Dignity by Term (Ptolemaic as described by Lilly). The 7th has Venus placed there – but she is Peregrine.

The Moon (the People) is placed close to the 4th House cusp in Leo, Peregrine. The Rays have not had much success pulling in crowds to their ballpark, and many Philadelphia Phillies fans transplants live in the Tampa Bay area due to the Phillies Spring training facilities in nearby Clearwater. The Moon also applies to an opposition with Neptune as its next aspect, then trines Pluto and sextiles the Sun.

The away team’s resources (2nd House) are also Mercury ruled, good for the visiting team.

The Home team’s resources (5th and 8th House) are Saturn and Jupiter ruled (Neither dignified), bad for the Home team.

There are other factors, of course, which I’ll not bore you with here.
For the first game of the World Series - even with some misgivings due to the early ascendant and other mixed factors – I predict a win for the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday night.

More games will be predicted as the series continues.
[Phillies won 3-2]
--

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 6:56 AM Ok, here we go:
World Series Game 2
Oct. 23 2008
8:29 pm EDT
St. Petersburg, FL

While the chart is of course similar to that of last night, there are a few differences to bear in mind. The Ascendant for game time is slightly earlier at 00 Gemini 28 (watch the first pitch time closely), Fortune changes signs to Cancer, Moon changes signs to Virgo and the Sun changes signs to Scorpio.

Mercury remains strong, the Sun is still Peregrine, the Moon gains Dignity by Triplicity and has Mercury as its Domicile ruler, and Fortune has the Moon as Domicile ruler.

The (mean) Nodes are exactly on the MC/IC access with a 8:29 p.m. start time.

Mercury remains stronger than both Sun and Jupiter. I still see a Phillies win, but a game of very a different character than last night’s low-scoring match. I expect the fans at the ballpark to be a much more important factor and the game possibly having a much higher-score. If the score is high, expect the runs to start piling up after about one half hour into the game.

Let’s see what happens!

Saturday’s Game 3 looks problematic because heavy rain is forecast for Philadelphia Saturday evening/night. Game 3 might be postponed.

--

Posted: Oct 23, 2008 11:57 PM

Rays win Game 2, score 4-2

That one didn’t work out so well – it was tough prediction. Rays win with some really questionable calls by the home-plate umpire – home field advantage, I suppose. One of those questionable calls cost the visiting team an out in the final inning rather than an additional base runner.
But the Phillies also didn’t take advantage of the opportunities they had. The announcer also made the point that some of the Phillies hitters (who are really not well acquainted with the Rays’ ball park) were having difficulties seeing the ball in the indoor stadium and lighting condition.
One might consider the officials/umpires/referees as the 10th House, possibly – and that’s where Neptune sits for the series.

It can also be as simple as that since the game took place on a Jupiter day - and that a good portion of the game took place during a Jupiter hour and that one of the Home team’s significators is Jupiter – the balance was tipped to the home team’s advantage.

Like I said, I’m still working on the system - you are seeing my process.
Now we know that there is going to be at least a Game 5 – which I am scheduled to attend Monday. Let’s see what the weather looks like for Saturday in Philly and I’ll have my Game 3 prediction by then.

--

Posted: Oct 24, 2008 11:39 PM
OK, let’s look at Game 3 – which might be only a purely academic exercise at this point due to the bad weather moving into Philadelphia tomorrow. They might get the game in on time, it might be delayed a while and be played Saturday, or it might be re-scheduled for Sunday and all subsequent games moved up a day. Which would drive me crazy and cause me to miss being at Game 5 on Monday.
S
cheduled Game 3
Oct 25 2008
8:35 p.m. EDT
Philadelphia, PA
(Regiomontanus Houses used unless stated)

Visiting team is again signified by Mercury, Dignified by Triplicity in Libra, Succedent (5th House) and in Mutual Reception with Saturn by Exaltation. Mercury is partile and applying to a square with Jupiter
Home team significators are Sun Peregrine (but Mitigated by Mutual Reception by Face with Mars – as it was for Game 2, which I disregarded and may be a factor) and Succedent, and Jupiter, in Fall, but dignified by Term and Succedent (8th House) and conjunct Vega.

The game is on a Saturn day and is scheduled to start during a Saturn hour. The Jupiter hour begins 48 minutes into the game, then the Mars hour, and if the game runs long, it could end up in the Venus hour.

One really important thing jumps out at me for this game chart:
The Moon changes signs from Virgo to Libra around 10:47 p.m. EDT (about two-thirds of the way into the game), and since the Moon is the Domicile ruler of Fortune placed in the 2nd House, the fortune of the visiting team should change around that time because the Moon goes from a place where she has dignity by Triplicity to one where she is only dignified by Face – at her last gasp. The Moon’s last aspect before she leaves Virgo is a Square to Pluto. The Moon is decreasing in light, moving toward the New Moon Tuesday evening.

Let’s sum things up:

-Visiting Team’s Mercury is still stronger by Essential Dignity than both of the Home Teams significators, Sun and Jupiter.

-The Sun/Mars Mutual Reception by Face boosts one of the Home team’s chances.

-The Moon changing signs during the game from something favorable to the visiting team to something less favorable.

Although I’m inclined to give the edge to the Visiting team slightly due to this chart, I’m going to officially make this a “no call” – there is just too much going on.

However, if the game is delayed due to rain and starts when Cancer rises and the Moon has separated from Pluto (around 9:20 p.m.), I will call it as a Home-team win.

Let’s watch for that first-pitch time. I’d like it if someone else timed it accurately if the game starts near scheduled time Saturday evening – I might be out to dinner at that time and I don’t trust a mere wristwatch or clock for this.

(For anyone who thinks I’m letting my life-long Phillies fan status influence my predictions, I’m not. I think I’m objective enough when working with this sort of research/conjecture to eliminate bias. I will support my team and heartily hope they win and prove me wrong when I predict against them. I’m TESTING a technique – or a group of techniques to see how they work. If it were my personal non-astrological opinion on who I think should or will win, it wouldn’t count for much – just like those silly polls they take on Web sites that ask which team will win a game or series. Opinion doesn’t count when it comes to concrete outcomes of sports and other objective results.)

--

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 1:59 AM Frank P wrote:
However, if the game is delayed due to rain and starts when Cancer rises and the Moon has separated from Pluto (around 9:20 p.m.), I will call it as a Home-team win.

(The game started after 9:20 p.m. - the Philiies [Home team] won.

--

Posted: Oct 26, 2008 4:07 PM
World Series Game 4
Oct 26 2008
8:29 p.m. EDT
Philadelphia, PA
(Regiomontanus Houses used unless stated)

Visiting team is signified by Mercury, Dignified by Triplicity in Libra, Succedent (5th House) and in Mutual Reception with Saturn by Exaltation. Mercury is Partile and separating from a square with Jupiter.

Home team significators are Sun Peregrine (but Mitigated by Mutual Reception by Face with Mars) and Succedent, and Jupiter, in Fall, but dignified by Term and Succedent (8th House) and conjunct Vega.

The game is on a Sun day and is scheduled to start during a Sun hour. This gives power to one of the Home team’s significators. The Venus hour begins 54 minutes into the game, then the Mercury hour at 10:30 p.m. and the Moon hour at 11:38 p.m.

The Moon applies to a square with Jupiter, and does not complete this aspect until the next morning.

Let’s sum things up:

- Visiting Team’s Mercury is still stronger by Essential Dignity than both of the Home Teams significators, Sun and Jupiter.

- The Sun/Mars Mutual Reception by Face boosts one of the Home team’s chances.

- Change of Planetary Hours point toward a Home team early lead, with the advantage going to the visiting team after 10:30 p.m., then the Moon (crowd) might make the difference in the game at the very end.

The main indicators point to a Visiting team win, but the Home team has strength also. I’m going to officially make this a no call.

Let’s watch for that first-pitch time.

Go Phillies! If they win tonight’s game, the game I will attend tomorrow night in Philly could clinch the World Series.

--
Posted: Oct 26, 2008 11:48 PM

The Phillies bats came alive to win Game 4 by a score of 10-2. Ryan Howard hit two home runs and Jason Werth and pitcher Joe Blanton also homered. There was a brief threat from the Rays in the Mercury hour, but the Phillies were just overpowering.

World Series Game 5
Oct 27 2008
8:29 p.m. EDT
Philadelphia, PA

The chart is very similar to Game 4, with the exception of the Planetary Hours. Moon to start, then Saturn, then Jupiter then possibly Mars.

Officially, it’s a no-call, but I think the Home team will win just like Game 4. It will be a much more tense game, I think, until the Jupiter hour.
I’ll be there, and I hope to be able to celebrate a victory tomorrow night in Philly. If so, it will mean that I have been to the World Series winning game every time the Phillies have won in their entire history since 1883. I was at Game 6 of the 1980 World Series when the Phillies beat the Kansas City Royals.

Off to Philly tomorrow morning, I’ll be back sometime Tuesday.

[The game was postponed after 5 innings, to be reumed later]
--

Posted: Oct 28, 2008 2:27 PM

Boy, talk about the ultimate "no-call!"

And very frustrating to boot. They’ve already said the game will NOT be resumed tonight, they are now aiming for Wednesday.

The atmosphere at the game early, even though it was very damp and chilly, was electric. Thankfully, our seats were sheltered and there is also an inside area restriced to that area’s seat holders. The conditions were worse than they looked on TV in the wide shots. I’ve seen games that were delayed or postponed with the amount of rain falling at first pitch time.

We have no proposed time for the game to resume on Wednesday (they’ll pick it up in the bottom of the 6th Inning, just where it left off).

Obviously, my spirits are dampend because I won’t get to see a Phillies victory in person or celebrate the win on Broad Street as I hoped to last night. I stopped at a friend’s bar a couple of blocks from the stadium on the way home, and the atmosphere wasn’t pretty.

So, what do we do about the chart? The Moon will, of course, have changed signs. It will be a Mercury Day and around 8:30, it will be a Mercury Hour. If the game resumes at 8:35 or later Mercury will be Domicile ruler of both the 1st and 4th House. If they start around that time, the game will likely end in a Moon Hour, unless it goes into extra innings which could stretch it into the Saturn Hour.

Watch the game resumption time very closely Wednesday (if it happens Wednesday, that is) - if it’s before 8:35 p.m., it’s still a toss up. If after 8:35 p.m., I think it’s a home team win.

--

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 8:52 PM 8:40 p.m. restart time.
Phillies have already scored a run in the bottom of the 6th with 1 out.
3-2 Phils, breaking the tie.
--

Posted: Oct 29, 2008 10:03 PM

Philadelphia Phillies -2008 World Series Champions!

Last edited: