Really tricky aspects

hyperion

Hello! I would like getting some interpretations about my natal chart. It really amazes me how my venus is afflicted in almost all its aspects, what do you think about it? I believe as well that my mercury square uranus might be linked to some claims from others about some arrogance and lack of humble in my speech, which i'm not aware of. Jupiter oppositions look tricky as well.

I would really appreciate any suggestion or comment about these aspects and my natal chart as a whole. Thank you very much.

Hyperion

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_tsg.57152.24877.gif
    astro_2gw_01_tsg.57152.24877.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Ah, I think you were born several months after me, after the second hit of the Saturn-Neptune conjunction when the outer planets turned retrograde. I have this same configuration of outer planets in Capricorn with similar orbs of the square aspects--except my personal planets are located in Aries instead of Libra. I don't have Jupiter in the mix, however, as it's located in early Gemini.

Therefore, I can relate with your "tricky" series of square aspects, when a planet forms an aspect to a group of planets (stellium). Your aspects are actually stronger than mine because Venus is applying towards a square aspect with Saturn and then Neptune; indeed, Saturn and Neptune are also applying towards Venus, since these planets are retrograde and Venus is direct. Venus is incredibly strong in Libra, the sign of its rulership, in the seventh house of relationships to boot! Indeed, you have many strongly-placed planets--exalted Moon in Taurus, exalted Jupiter in Cancer, dignified Sun in Leo, dignified and exalted Mercury in Virgo, dignified Venus in Libra, dignified Pluto in Scorpio, and dignified Saturn in Capricorn! Almost every planet is strongly placed by sign, with the notable exception of Neptune in Capricorn, which is in its fall. However, this is a generational aspect.

The T-square involving those outer planets in Capricorn, Jupiter in Cancer, and Venus in Libra is really the only difficult configuration I see in your natal chart, which is filled with trines and sextiles. However, it's necessary to have some "tricky" dynamic aspects among the harmonious ones because the squares release energy. A chart consisting entirely of trines and sextiles is not desirable, but you have a nice balance.

I'm not too familiar with the Venus-Jupiter square aspect, but I recommend you research it first because it has the tightest orb--almost exact. Research the Saturn-Venus square next, and then the Venus-Uranus and the Venus-Neptune.

I wish I could offer more of an interpretation of these aspects, but I have to study. Good luck, and hopefully, I'll be back later! :)

Arian Maverick

katydid

hyperion said:
Hello! I would like getting some interpretations about my natal chart. It really amazes me how my venus is afflicted in almost all its aspects, what do you think about it? I believe as well that my mercury square uranus might be linked to some claims from others about some arrogance and lack of humble in my speech, which i'm not aware of. Jupiter oppositions look tricky as well.

I would really appreciate any suggestion or comment about these aspects and my natal chart as a whole. Thank you very much.

Hyperion

Your Venus is actually strong by both sign and house placement. Considering all of the challenges [squares] it receives, that is a lucky thing. It also receives an inconjunct from your Moon in Taurus. I believe that your stable,
solid emotional base [ moon/taurus/2nd] is your saving grace. Your innate, strong sense of who you are, and what you bring to the table of life, will help you through these relationship challenges.

Venus in libra in the 7th is often indicative of a magnetic, alluring, feminine nature. You may attract a lot of attention, and the many squares may bring some difficulties along with those opportunities. :p

Your Moon is a great sounding board. You have a wonderful, down to earth temperament. Learn to dig down to your gut level, and listen to your own feelings and needs, and NOT to everyone elses. You do know what you want, and what is right for you, and do not let your Libran urge to please others pull you off track. :60:

amzolt

hyperion said:
It really amazes me how my venus is afflicted in almost all its aspects, what do you think about it? I believe as well that my mercury square uranus might be linked to some claims from others about some arrogance and lack of humble in my speech, which i'm not aware of. Jupiter oppositions look tricky as well.

My first piece of advice is to quickly drop the word "afflicted" from your astrological vocabulary. The ideas that certain aspects are bad and others good is extremely archaic and very harmful for psychological and emotional growth.

Your Uranus, Saturn, Neptune opposite your Jupiter is the source of tremendous power and a positive attitude about it is critical if you're to use that power correctly. Oppositions confer Awareness and bring the use of the functions of the planets to a peak of conscious control.

The squaring of this power-polarity to Venus and Mercury make them the focus of the energy of Awareness generated by the oppositions--They become the focal release point for the energy in an applied form. Squares do take work to master since they're the "producing" aspect.

We all have the free will to use our functions, energies, and activities positively or negatively. Usually, the oppositions take age/experience to deal with the power generation and the squares need age/experience to find the proper work-methods; still, looking at these and other "afflictions" as some inherently negative part of ourselves is self-defeating. "The devil made me do it" just doesn't cut it when we have to sit in our own stew of mistakes and begin to find a way to digest it and make positive progress, eh?

Last edited:
your chart has lots of trines and a kite formation. http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

It can be good to have to a few squares and oppositions, cos they create tension and inner struggles, whereas oppositions, are 'other people'

Now basically your sun sign is your 'core beliefs, values, ego' and Asc is your physical body, mode of expression and mask and persona that we all wear and hide behind, but definitely not what's going on underneath. What's going on underneath is your Sun sign. Moon sign, house placements and aspects describe your emotional and intuitive responses, also describes your view of your mother, as saturn describes your father by sign and house position.

So, think of a glass milk bottle the bottle is your Asc and your sun the milk, but the milk still has to 'come out' through the glass neck of the milk bottle....

Now aspects within a natal chart represent 'facets' of our personality, because we are all multifaceted beings. What these do is 'break down and compartmentalise' these facets into smaller bite size chunks. This does take quite a lot of self analysis and objectivity to 'see yourself' and why you do certain things and behave in certain ways. Actually it can be quite good therapy...

Venus‑Saturn Square
Uncherished or unloved from childhood

With tense aspects between Venus and Saturn, we become aware very early in life of our emotional vulnerability and all its ­consequences. No wonder traditional astrology treats these aspects as unpleasant. Their effects are similar to those ­described under the conjunction but they are more acute and immediate.

Whenever we are in situations in which it is natural to give and take love and warmth, we feel uneasy. Inhibited by Saturn, we find it hard to display much ardour, and even harder to show gratitude. We are therefore inclined to run away from situations of this sort, and so become isolated and lonely. Here, too, the development of self‑confidence and a feeling of personal worth is essential for overcoming the painful side of these aspects; having done which, we can build stable relationships with loved ones.

From the book ‘Aspects and Personality’ by Karen Hamaker-Zondag
Another interpretation http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/venussaturnaspects.html

Moon Quincunx (Inconjunct) Venus

The frustration you experience in life often comes because you get what you ask for from other people (and life in general). Unfortunately, what you ask for isn't what you want. Partly, you are slowly learning better communication skills, and partly you are learning to understand your own deeper cravings as they are. You see the unacknowledged and undigested parts of your sensitivity and creativity present in others, but, these are really projections that you have to own within your self if you are to change for the better.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

Now this simply moves venus into 8th and moon into 3rd house and Pluto into 9th.
Venus square Uranus =divorce aspect
Venus square neptune = romantic disillusionment
Venus square saturn = you may always feel that you have to 'give out' more than what you receive back.

Saturn is sandwiched between uranus and neptune. Saturn conj Uranus = freedom v convention, Saturn conj Neptune = fear of unknown

Your chart really lacks the element of fire just two planets (Equal house) are in fire houses, ie; pluto 9th and jupiter 5th. It also lacks air but 5planets in air houses compensates for this.

So, if your time of birth is correct Solar arc MC onto uranus around age 19 suggests a relocation, breakdown of work, family matter. Then age 22 SA IC onto Jupiter suggests expansion within family, possibly child born Cancer Jupiter in 5th house? I don't know how old your are but SA pluto onto MC age 30? major transformation of work, career, practically everything. When T pluto conj my MC my father died, my marriage ended I changed jobs all in the space of 12months.....

Mid Sept T Saturn will have it's last direct hit on your Mercury in 7th house and rules your 4th and 7th houses.

Over Xmas T Saturn will conj Venus, so this could break a relationship that may have outlived it usefulness. Saturn is testing really what is of value to you but when it conj Venus it will 'set off' all venus aspects natally which are already challenging with square to uranus and saturn. For actual timing of events, look for the retrograde hit and last hit and the 'ignition key' will be T mars...

If you can plot your transits manually, try here...
http://www.khaldea.com/kldaephem/2000/dec2009gmt.shtml

www.astro.com has a Free six month transit forecaster

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

It occurred to me a short while ago that the Saturn-Neptune conjunction is essentially a fusion of opposites, and that you may continuously slide from one pole to the next in your expression of Venusian energies, particularly in the realm of relationships due to its position in the seventh house. I could be wrong in this regard, particularly because my natal Venus sign and house position is opposite yours, but my experience of the Saturn-Neptune conjunction has been that I went through a long period in which recognition was incredibly important to me, and I was incredibly ambitious to achieve my goals (Saturn in Capricorn in the tenth house). Many years later, the Neptunian and Uranian energies simultaneously kicked in; I was quite unsure and indifferent about who or what I would become and avoided competition with my peers (Neptune) yet I was also eager to "fight the system" and desirous to pursue an alternative path following my high school graduation (Uranus).

It is possible that you may feel almost magnetic attract/repel energies regarding relationships, or fluctuate between extremes of desiring independence in a relationship or experience a desire to "shake up" a current relationship (Venus-Uranus square), idealizing your partner or perhaps idealizing the concept of relationships in general (Venus-Neptune square), and being pessimistic about relationships or not desiring a relationship at all (Venus-Saturn square). These may not be the most "perfect" interpretations of these aspects. Yet I have Venus square a Saturn-Neptune conjunction, as well--the orb with Uranus is too wide for my liking, so I don't include it--and my expression of this aspect has been to delay or discourage relationships (Saturn), prefering instead to indulge my imagination, on occasion (Neptune). I must note that my natal Venus is comparatively weaker than yours, in the sign of its detriment, although it's cazimi with the Sun, which strengthens it. Venus is also located in the first house of self--not of others.

As you are aware, Saturn is strong in Capricorn, so it is likely to dominate the conjunction with Neptune. Perhaps you do not wish to engage in relationships because you are afraid of being disappointed or disillusioned.

That's just my two cents ;)

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

amzolt said:
My first piece of advice is to quickly drop the word "afflicted" from your astrological vocabulary. The ideas that certain aspects are bad and others good is extremely archaic and very harmful for psychological and emotional growth.

Your Uranus, Saturn, Neptune opposite your Jupiter is the source of tremendous power and a positive attitude about it is critical if you're to use that power correctly. Oppositions confer Awareness and bring the use of the functions of the planets to a peak of conscious control.

The squaring of this power-polarity to Venus and Mercury make them the focus of the energy of Awareness generated by the oppositions--They become the focal release point for the energy in an applied form. Squares do take work to master since they're the "producing" aspect.

We all have the free will to use our functions, energies, and activities positively or negatively. Usually, the oppositions take age/experience to deal with the power generation and the squares need age/experience to find the proper work-methods; still, looking at these and other "afflictions" as some inherently negative part of ourselves is self-defeating. "The devil made me do it" just doesn't cut it when we have to sit in our own stew of mistakes and begin to find a way to digest it and make positive progress, eh?

My problem with your stance is that you completely discredit the astrology. What I mean by that, is the chart of a shy person, hence he's naturally shy. Are you saying it's his fault for being shy?

amzolt

Confusedpisces said:
My problem with your stance is that you completely discredit the astrology.

I'm afraid I really don't understand why you would say this. I addressed the major configuration in his chart and explained it's importance to him...

Confusedpisces said:
What I mean by that, is the chart of a shy person, hence he's naturally shy. Are you saying it's his fault for being shy?

I see no reason in this person's chart to call him "shy".

hyperion

Thank you all for your comments! they were very useful for a deeper understanding of my natal chart. By the way, what do you think of my sun (leo) opposite ascendant (aquarius)? it's possible a inner tension because of the fight of the two influences? Indeed, i feel myself pretty much like an aquarius than like a leo, but sometimes i notice some leo features inside me.

Most interpretations tell about give your sun to others whom you admire or a confusion of the self and showing to others one way very different from your real one. It happens frequently to me that a person that knows me deeper change a lot his mind about myself, it's like a put a wall between me and the others and just those few that i allow can know me the way i am (more or less). However those that i don't allow to do so have a different opinion about me. Maybe this is usual for all people? what your opinions are?

seventhsun

hyperion said:
Most interpretations tell about give your sun to others whom you admire or a confusion of the self and showing to others one way very different from your real one. It happens frequently to me that a person that knows me deeper change a lot his mind about myself, it's like a put a wall between me and the others and just those few that i allow can know me the way i am (more or less). However those that i don't allow to do so have a different opinion about me. Maybe this is usual for all people? what your opinions are?

I'm not sure about what you mean about the sun interpretation but I have saturn sq venus and sun and lots of people say the personal me is much different than the public me. Many interpretations talk about "walls" when it comes to saturn and with current transits I'm really noticing them more.

I also have the mercury sq uranus - means short temper and no shortage of colourful expression ;)