Pluto square Pluto (1st/9th house)

Neptune Rising

Hello

I'm watching my upcoming Pluto square Pluto and trying to see what type of energy this brings.

Natally, Pluto is at 9 degrees Libra in my 9th house. Scorpio rules my 11th and 12th house, or in equal house it rules my 12th. Pluto is in trine to my Venus/Mercury which sit in my 2nd house, ruling 10th, 9th, 7th, 6th, 5th houses.

Pluto is also square natal Saturn in the 7th house, and Saturn rules my 2nd house. So Pluto seems to tie into my money, self esteem, body, posessions as well as 9th house things such as travel, law, study, philosophy and career as well as 7th, 6th, 5th house issues.

First exact square is 7th March 2012, 6th May 2012 R, 30 Dec 2012, 18 Aug 2013 R, 22 Oct 2013. Five direct hits! I have read that if there are more than three hits including the retrograde, that the lessons are a bit more difficult than usual.

Interestingly the first his coincides with Nodal return, and my nodes are at 9 degrees Gemini and Sag, at the same degree as Pluto. Progressed Moon is in my 7th house. The 2nd hit, retrograde invloves Jupiter on my south Node, trine the natal Pluto, and transiting Sun is in conjunction to transiting Pluto, both square natal Pluto, while prog Moon opposes natal Sun. It looks quite interesting but could involve anything.

I started to worry that it could involve some legal issues or something like that, as Pluto is in the 9th square Saturn in the 7th, ruling my 2nd house. I think this is my natal pre disposition, I've already started legal proceedings against two previous employers for unfair treatment in the past. But with Pluto, I worried about the impact of such a thing.

I've been reading Robert Hand's 'Essay's on astrology' which mentions Richard Nixon's Pluto square transit, where he got power and had it taken away. People were acting as a mirror to the way he used his Plutonian influence.

With my chart, karma is closely tied into Pluto with south node so closely trine Pluto. The final hit also involves Uranus at 9 degrees Aries which is closing into my IC! Feeling the rumbling already! :biggrin:

Does anyone have any thoughts or links on Pluto square Pluto?

Thanks

B

bigblack

I can only tell about the pluto sq pluto and the effect it had. At the time I read that this indicates either being an tyrant or meeting a tyrant and suffering at their hands. Either way its a power struggle which it was for myself. The tyrant was the leader of the department where I was a student.

But surely there must be signs that you can see - a long wind up - you might call it. There certainly was for myself. Not an easing-in but one long softner situation.

And like nixon I have the natal pluto in the tenth - as some of his aids had, and some top level nazis had. But maybe I should not go there. Sorry!!

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

I can only tell about the pluto sq pluto and the effect it had. At the time I read that this indicates either being an tyrant or meeting a tyrant and suffering at their hands. Either way its a power struggle which it was for myself. The tyrant was the leader of the department where I was a student.

But surely there must be signs that you can see - a long wind up - you might call it. There certainly was for myself. Not an easing-in but one long softner situation.

And like nixon I have the natal pluto in the tenth - as some of his aids had, and some top level nazis had. But maybe I should not go there. Sorry!!

Sorry its taken me so long to see this response, thanks very much Bigblack! I read a bit about the Nixon Pluto square Pluto.

My Pluto is near the 10th cusp on the 9th house side, so Pluto also squares the MC/Nadir but not until next year. Its just past the first direct square to natal Pluto now. I have experienced a bit of a power struggle with one friend who I also have done some work with. I feel this will probably be a little power struggle dance with this person. My Pluto is square their Sun/Saturn and Pluto is also now conjuncting their Sun/Saturn.

This transit also involves the Uranus square too, sounds a little electric to say the least :unsure: