Hello, I'm supposed to be getting married, but the stars

tauri

seem to be against us! Would anyone like to take a look and give some advice?

Our combined chart is here: [url]http://usera.imagecave.com/tauri/chart.jpg[/url]

We are aiming to get married in Summer 2007, but I have been through every Saturday and there is not one that seems okay! Venus is going to be retrograde for most of the summer, Mercury is retro in the early summer, and Jupiter is retro from April to mid-Sept. Things are not looking good.

My family will simply not tolerate us postponing it any further and since it is going to be a big party, everyone wants it to be on a Saturday. So these parameters can't change.

Right now I'm thinking that perhaps we should actually get legally married on some day between now and then that looks good, and go through the ceremony-show and party on one of the less than ideal days, but at least it will only be the show and not the actual birth of our marriage.

We will marry in Redwood City, CA.

Teh two most likely days right now are July 21st and July 28th 2007.

On the first date, the Moon in Libra is square the Sun in cancer. On the second, Venus is retro. These both seem very bad for a mariage, but maybe if we do the legal marriage earlier, then it won't be reflective of our marriage.

If anyone would find it fun to use their advanced knowledge of astrology and help us to solve this puzzle, I'd appreciate hearing your interpretation.

Here is some stuff about July 21st:

Sun Cancer 28.48 Ascendant Scorpio 28.19
Moon Libra 25.23 II Sagittarius 29.18
Mercury Cancer 8.40 III Aquarius 4.39
Venus Virgo 2.20 IV Pisces 10.36
Mars Taurus 19.07 V Aries 11.51
Jupiter Sagittarius 10.19 R VI Taurus 7.11
Saturn Leo 24.40 VII Taurus 28.19
Uranus Pisces 18.23 R VIII Gemini 29.18
Neptune Aquarius 21.15 R IX Leo 4.39
Pluto Sagittarius 26.53 R Midheaven Virgo 10.36
Lilith Scorpio 0.39 XI Libra 11.51
Asc node Pisces 7.29 XII Scorpio 7.11

And the 28th:

Sun Leo 5.30 Ascendant Sagittarius 3.56
Moon Capricorn 22.02 II Capricorn 5.43
Mercury Cancer 17.56 III Aquarius 11.59
Venus Virgo 2.55 R IV Pisces 18.02
Mars Taurus 23.51 V Aries 18.34
Jupiter Sagittarius 10.03 R VI Taurus 13.09
Saturn Leo 25.31 VII Gemini 3.56
Uranus Pisces 18.13 R VIII Cancer 5.43
Neptune Aquarius 21.04 R IX Leo 11.59
Pluto Sagittarius 26.45 R Midheaven Virgo 18.02
Lilith Scorpio 1.26 XI Libra 18.34
Asc node Pisces 7.14 XII Scorpio 13.09

tauri

Hi Arian,

Thanks very much for the charts. I thought the chart for the 28th looked pretty good. I know the moon is in Capricorn, is not the best place for it, but since we both have our moons there, it's comfy enough to us! But Venus retrograde seems very unfortunate and with Jupiter also retrograde, the day seems less than blessed.

On the 21st, Venus is not yet retro, the moon is waxing, but it's square the sun. Not so good. There is a sextile between my and my finacee's sun sign so maybe that could offset the moon/Sun square, and i think Venus was also in a favorable aspect to Jupiter. But since it's retrograde, maybe that's no help.

If it were your wedding day, and you had to pick one which would you choose?

Thanks,
Tauri

tauri

I just realized, I neglected to specify a time for the wedding. It will be proabaly around 4:00-4:30 PM.
Here are the charts for 4:00 PM

july21.gif

july28.gif

blumen

Tauri,

can't you really postpone the time for this marriage? With those planets in the first, Uranus in the fourth - your home, and Mars in the sixth - everyday life - I would think about the date twice, but yet "astra inclinant......"

Blumen

C Jayne

tauri said:
seem to be against us! Would anyone like to take a look and give some advice?... I have been through every Saturday and there is not one that seems okay! Venus is going to be retrograde for most of ...

Dear Tauri,

Do not do this to yourself! :!:

Yes, astrology is a nice tool, but there are areas where you must simply follow your heart!

I heard a story long ago -- never tried to follow up and learn if it was true -- that during one of his early marriages (I don't know how many he's had), Sylvester Stallone's wife was soon-to-have a baby. He believed in astrology. He learned a date that was supposed to be auspicious, and they had the child induced/ Cesarian. As the story goes, the baby was born retarded. :cry: Later, Stallone divorced this wife and moved on to another.

I was just looking over the time when I married my second husband. One would think our date was awful!
:| My progressed Moon had just pushed past Neptune and was about to hit Saturn!
:? Transiting Saturn was sitting on top of my Venus/Mars conjunct, and Transiting Uranus was conjunct my Sun! Tr Neptune conjuncted my natal Mercury!

:eek: Gackkkk! What else was left!!!!

We're about to celebrate our 11th anniversary. 8) For the past year, we've been separated because of job problems, but my husband just got a job in our city -- he starts in a couple weeks -- and we're in Heaven! We still like each other. We can trust each other. We've each had unfaithful spouses, but in this relationship, we each feel safe and cozy.

Just follow your heart. The chart will work itself out. You cannot manipulate these things. Any astrologer who wants to yell at me about this, feel free. Look at my earlier posts about my first marriage. Time has taught me, this way is the truth.

-- CJ

Lynns

C Jayne said:
Just follow your heart. The chart will work itself out. You cannot manipulate these things. Any astrologer who wants to yell at me about this, feel free. Look at my earlier posts about my first marriage. Time has taught me, this way is the truth.

I agree with this. some things cannot be manipulated. The chart reflects what will happen and is happening, and cannot be cheated. Even if you try to "modify" it by holding a ceremony in an auspicious day, there might be something hidden, if it was not meant to be. afterall, charts have good and bad aspects and are never perfect.

Like the witches in Macbeth when they tricked him. Things on the surface aren't always what it seems. If it's meant to be, things will always work out. There's always a right time for everything, so it's best to trust your intuition, if it feels right on that day, go for it. Although some assistance in charts can help too.

I remember consulting the tarot, and it told me head-on that I should throw all control to the wind. I used to think I have control over my future, the events, and what the other party will do.. but somehow the universe wanted to break all that and disrupt my life to show me that I should take things as they come and not be bothered by setbacks. Because we don't have as much control over our lives as we think, but everything will work out for the best because we are here for self-improvement.

Lynn

tauri

Thank You Blumen, CJ and Lynn for your replies.

In some ways I agree it is just silly to worry so much because the thing is, our relationship is stong, I can't imagine we won't be able to work out any issues that come up -- I'd just like to be able to minimize whatever those issues might be!

My heart was saying July 28th would be a perfect day -- the middle of summer, a full Moon, everything great. then I found out about Venus Retrograde and I began doubting my instincts.

i am bothered enough by it that I am taking the advice of a friend who has gotten me in touch with an astrologer she really respects. Her thought was that one thing a good astrologer does it to reassure people about the undesirable aspects in any chart, and that this could ease my mind a bit.

:)

C Jayne

tauri said:
I am taking the advice of a friend who has gotten me in touch with an astrologer ... to reassure people about the undesirable aspects in any chart...

Tauri--

Liz Kelly, a mentor of mine and a much-beloved psychic and astrologer who was active up into her late 80s, used to give people the following advice. Either (1) or (2):

(1) "Oh! Yes, darling, it looks like everything will be fine, just fine, everything is going to work out, you'll see! It's going to be wonderful!"

or--

(2) "Oh! Yes, darling, it looks like -- " (flipping through Tarot cards, making little noises and thinking--) "well, there may be some difficulty, yes, there will be a bit of trouble, but, hmmm---" (flipping through more cards-- ) "well, you're very strong and you'll get through it. It's going to work out!"

So, I'm sure it will work out, just the way it is supposed to! :wink:

-- CJ

JUPITERASC

Hello Tauri! I'm glad to see you here in this forum

index.php

HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101 https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57956

ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT discussion thread at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92935

NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS

Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted
or changed at the AW forum. You can delete any of your own posts at any time

or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

important to keep in mind that

There is no requirement for members to post comment - it's completely voluntary
ours is an astrological learning forum members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
and
responses to threads are often from members who are beginners

with little or no experience but keen to learn by practice
Indeed
members sometimes discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice

clearly we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
NEVERTHELESS many members have day jobs
and
those of our members who ARE professionals

unsurprisingly DO NOT provide a complete professional reading for free
I would suggest it may not be the most prudent idea to give one's real name or physical location
on forums like this for reasons of privacy and personal safety.

Not to frighten you, but since this is the internet, advise you not to use anything resembling your real name or to geolocate yourself; in other words, as much as possible, be X from ZYX.
Please do not give out personal information. No one here has a right or need to ask you to.

ElenaJ

index.php

HOW TO GRADUATE FROM ASTROLOGY 101 https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57956

ASTROLOGY FOR PAY - HOW TO DO IT discussion thread at https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92935

NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS

Registering and using multiple account IDs is not permitted.
Any such duplicate account IDs will be banned by moderators.
For Moderation and Administration purposes, no User IDs are deleted
or changed at the AW forum. You can delete any of your own posts at any time

or stop posting to the Forum if you want to leave the Forum.
You can restart posting any time you want if you decide to come back.

important to keep in mind that

There is no requirement for members to post comment - it's completely voluntary
ours is an astrological learning forum members practice astrological skills free
no one is paid
and
responses to threads are often from members who are beginners

with little or no experience but keen to learn by practice
Indeed
members sometimes discuss interpreting their own charts to learn by practice

clearly we also have members with many years of astrological study completed
NEVERTHELESS many members have day jobs
and
those of our members who ARE professionals

unsurprisingly DO NOT provide a complete professional reading for free

This thread is dated 2006. They probably have grown kids by now!