What is a Mundane chart, how to produce one and how to read one?

PaulB

I have recently become interested in Mundane/Political astrology due in main to what is happening in North Africa I have read a couple of books on the subject, about ingress charts etc, but wondered if anyone could enlighten me on what is important within the various charts, the country's chart, transits to the chart, its ingress chart, the rulers chart etc etc. There must be a lot of knowledge out there on the subject, thank you for any insights you can give.
Paul

dr. farr

Want best easy-to-understand mundane astrology book to start with? Go to astro-america.com and get "Mundane Astrology" by C.C. Zain; that will satisfy you for a long time. After that, and from the same source (astro-america.com) get Bonatti's recently republished book on Mundane (it has been out of print since the 1400's!), very hard going, but the best of the best in the known English literature of mundane astrology. (Title: "Bonatti on Mundane Astrology")

Last edited:

PaulB

Thank you for your info on useful books on the subject, I have ordered CC Zain's one and see how I go from there. Do you know of any other posts on this subject of the middle east countries problems and how they show up in their charts?

dr. farr

You might check posts in the Country and Place Forum (such as the thread about the 4th Front-Libya); also there were some posts regarding the Egyptian uprising which you might find by using the AW search function (entering Egyptian uprising as a search topic)
Skyscript.com has an extensive mundane forum as well...