what would "activited" progression imply

cassanra

Porgressed venus in my chart is semi-sextile partile merc....progressed venus is now experiencing a lot of transits. Right now Saturn is coming up to conjunt it . Progressed venus is righ t now at 14 degrees virgo which is being hit with a trine from jupiter, conjunct saturn. With the semi-sextile to merc and the transits would I need to be on the alert? Is this degree activiated? The other confusion is houses in progrssions. Since venus (natally in the fifth but rules the the 7th ) has prgressed to the 6th (and merc to the fifth from the fourth) what might I look for...would it be 6th house issues, 7th house issues or fifth.... health? relathipships or children.

BobZemco

cassanra said:
Since venus (natally in the fifth but rules the the 7th ) has prgressed to the 6th (and merc to the fifth from the fourth) what might I look for...would it be 6th house issues, 7th house issues or fifth.... health? relathipships or children.

Can't examine it without knowing the signs. Like natal astrology, the planets by themselves mean nothing. You have to look at the signs in which they're operating.

cassanra

P-Venus is now in Virgo and semi sex tile p- merc. in leo. I just noticed the p-moon has progressed to a sextile with venus from cancer . I know that venus is in fall in virgo and trans. 6th deceases its strength. Merc rs also not doing so well but is in terms of venus so there may be a mutual reception though how it would benefit I amnot sure.The moon is happy in cancer and does connect to merc. and venus is in moons trip. So they certanly support each other I am at a loss as towhatit means. Venus and the moon forma semi-square natally so this a repeat. Would this be concerns for health of a loved one.

Attachments

• astro_25gw_14_cass_2008822.6647.15248.gif
    astro_25gw_14_cass_2008822.6647.15248.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

BobZemco

cassanra said:
P-Venus is now in Virgo and semi sex tile p- merc. in leo. I just noticed the p-moon has progressed to a sextile with venus from cancer . I know that venus is in fall in virgo and trans. 6th deceases its strength. Merc rs also not doing so well but is in terms of venus so there may be a mutual reception though how it would benefit I amnot sure.The moon is happy in cancer and does connect to merc. and venus is in moons trip. So they certanly support each other I am at a loss as towhatit means. Venus and the moon forma semi-square natally so this a repeat. Would this be concerns for health of a loved one.

When Venus progresses from Leo to Virgo, Venus is in Fall. It's basically a non-event.

However, progressed Venus in the 6th (daily routine) was semi-sextile to natal Uranus (in the 5th) ruling your 11th House. If you're romantically involved, you might have experienced a heightened sexual spontaniety with your partner, something like making love in the shower, the kitchen, the closet or the garage, somewhere out of the ordinary, or perhaps at different times of the day, in the moring, or a little afternoon delight, instead of your normal at night routine, in part because Uranus is in an active sign and a fire sign. But also, because Uranus in the 5th rules the 11th, you might have been more socially active, more open to perhaps a few more happy hours than normal, a few nights out more than normal, and especially exploring new places to get together with friends/co-workers and hang out whether it's new restaurants or new watering-holes or other places of interest.

BobZemco

cassanra said:
The moon is happy in cancer and does connect to merc. and venus is in moons trip. So they certanly support each other I am at a loss as towhatit means. Venus and the moon forma semi-square natally so this a repeat. Would this be concerns for health of a loved one.

I forgot this. The Moon is not in Cancer. It's in Cancer in the 4th House. So yes you're doing the domestic thing (and probably very well) so it's only natural for you to be concerned. It means nothing, other than you're being very typically 4th House Cancer Mooney.

Jupiter is now your VOC Planet. It rules the 9th, so don't panic if your in-laws or your SO's parents start acting squirrely. You should expect a few things to go wrong, but here's the kicker, you'll be able to look back and laugh at all of them.

What happened in 2001?

cassanra

That was an interesting year I think...if my memory serves me I reconnected with a beau after we had been separated for some time, my job site was in transition, and there was some decisions coming up as to whether I was going to move too. I pulled that up and it appears p-mars was conjunct my sixth house R-Pluto ruler of the 8th as well connecting to the MC. I have had a lot happen this year and I have been trying to figure out why or what it is connected to via progressions. I interviewed for two managers positions and was declined. I took a position that covered a rehab. hospital as I needed some sort of change. I felt burned out. My ofice moved into a more pleasant setting on my urging. I am in a better place with work though I was declined management. Actually, since t-Pluto is trining R-Pluto and conjuncting my R-saturn in the 10th house I had read that this would be an important year for me and I should try to move up if not it would be detrimental like "go big or stay home". P-saturn is exact trine R-pluto but still the outcome was emotionally overwhelming for me as I really felt like I was putting myself out there to try and it was hard for me. I am not a 'social' person. I am quite insecure, quite serious and more a one on one kind of person so to put all that shyness out there and be declined took a lot out of me but I felt like I should try. The other thing is this difficulty with a relationship where we have been essentially on hold since March of 2007 with an unknown future. With a progressed sun to R-venus/mars/urnaus I thought from what I read that this will be the year things work out....not. I am confused about the whole progressions thing. If I use dignities and deblilites venus rules 7th and is not in good condition in leo in the fifth and mars the same would the conjunct p-sun aid in some way? It appears to be the opposite. Would it imply that the sun (in its own house) would bring too much ego to the table? I have certainly had a right of passage in this wait. I am normally the 'move on" kind of person and I have vowed to him to be patient (which has not sat well with me). I am not sure if this is a needed lesson? With moon and sun square, relationships in general have not run smoothly and with uranus sitting next to it I suspect it adds to my drive toward independence. The R-sun rules the sixth house and is in the third gemini. Its transit to the fifth, in its own sign, would that also imply ego in connetion to work had an effect? You seem to have a knack in the area of progressions....I do not think my reading material has been helpful but only served to confuse me further. Any insights would be helpful or direction for reading. Why did you ask about 2001? I keep reading that if its not in the progessions and transits then it is not going to happen? So clearly progressions are something i need to understand but I have picked up horary faster than progessions (sort of:) ) probably due to reading material. Thanks Bob for your reply.

BobZemco

cassanra said:
With moon and sun square, relationships in general have not run smoothly
Why would they? Moon square Sun creates tension, because the challenge is to keep everything in your life the same. The placement of Moon/Sun is 6/3, which is your daily routine and your environment. I feel for you.

I've been thinking about Jupiter as the VOC Planet in the 8th House in both your natal/progressed chart. I can't believe it represents an inheritance, or sex, or death, or the occult. I think it represents that you'll have to pool your resources with others in order to accomplish what you want and some of the irritation is how to go about that, or that you haven't done it or don't realize you need to do that.

Your insecurity is a self-esteem issue. Having your progressed Sun in Leo is a good time to work on that, just make sure you don't alienate people coming across a little too brusque (that Leo fire).

cassanra said:
I do not think my reading material has been helpful but only served to confuse me further. Any insights would be helpful or direction for reading.
Read the old stuff. Your natal chart is transits frozen in time. Progressions show how your life unfolds. Transits are the timers that show you when something will happen or is the best opportunity to happen.

cassanra said:
Why did you ask about 2001?
Your progressed Moon would have conjuncted the Ascendant at the same time transiting Venus conjuncted the Ascendant. That often indicates marriage or "living in sin." In your case, another possibility might have been your first home.

cassanra said:
I keep reading that if its not in the progessions and transits then it is not going to happen?

Pretty much so. In the alternative, just because it's there doesn't mean it will happen.

If I tell you that you'll win the lottery, you won't if you sit at home waiting for the winning lotto check to arrive.

If I tell you that someone is going to help your career, nothing will happen if you sit at home waiting for the phone to ring (although in reality there is a teeny tiny chance it might happen just like that). I told an acquaintance he' find the people he was seeking, and one night he left a bar to go back to his dorm room, and on a whim, just decided to pop into another bar on his way to see who was there. He ended up staying a bit and got to talking to a couple of guys looking for a guitarist. His band isn't going anywhere, but at least he's happy screwing around with them.

cassanra said:
So clearly progressions are something i need to understand but I have picked up horary faster than progessions probably due to reading material.
People complicate progressions and over analyze them. Rarely do you need to look at anything other than Ptolemaic aspects.

When your Sun moves from Gemini to Cancer, it doesn't mean you become a Cancer, it just means you add a few Cancer traits to your Gemini self. Which traits will depend on what else is happening in your chart. Maybe you become a little more maternal and domestic, but you might also start brooding and become touchy or manipulative, or maybe not.

You should only have to do a progressed chart once, or maybe twice, and then refer to it from time to time (a few times a year, not a few times an hour).

The best thing to do is get you a spreadsheet, word processor or a legal pad and some crayons and make up a little chart. Put some columns in, Age, Year, Planet, Action, Event, Date, and Comments (if your want).

Age always starts with 1 and goes to 120. Are you going to live to 120 years? No, but the planets don't stop orbiting when you die. Does your estate end up in probate, children fighting over your will, spouse remarries, you end up famous or whatever can all be answered. Are you going to be cremated? Pluto/Fire/4th. That doesn't appear to be you, but if it did, and you don't want to be cremated, better make some provisions in your will (it'll probably happen anyway). Are your ashes going to end up on the mantle of someone's fireplace, at a masoleum or scattered in the sea? That answer's there too. Little Caylee has Pluto/Fire/4th and not just that, but Pluto in Sagittarius(Fire) in the 4th. It'll be some time before they find her. There's a group of Belgian and German civilians who have a hobby of hunting down dead US soldiers. They do it in gratitude for a debt owed to America. Even though the soldiers died in December 1944 during the Battle of the Bulge, their charts live on and 60 years later their progressed Uranus came into aspect with natal Pluto on the dates their bodies were discovered. Pretty amazing. I have an MIA bracelet from back in the 1980s, and that guy has air signs galore. His body will never be found.

Grab an ephemeris and using a pencil, mark off 10 day increments from the day after your birth date (the day of your birth to the next day is year 0). Start with the Sun and mark down in the Action column each year (a day is equal to a year) the Sun changes signs or houses, or aspects a natal planet or a progressed planet. You can develop your own little short-hand for notation. Use different colors if you want. Skip the Moon and do the same for Mercury, except also record each time it changes direction. Do that for the rest of the planets. Use Ptolemaic aspects only and exact orb.

After you do that, look at the daily motion of the planets. The Sun moves about 1° per day. Divided by 12 means the Sun moves about 5' per month. If the Sun moves 15' to make an exact aspect, then it took 3 months do to that, so add 3 months to your birth month, which would make it mid-September of that year. Venus moves 1°12' per day, which means progressed Venus moves 6' per month. If Venus has to travel 60' to make an exact aspect, then it took 11 months, so add that to your birth month, which makes it mid-May of that year.

The Outers don't hardly move at all, but sometimes they change direction, and sometimes they move to form an exact aspect with a natal planet, so note those things if they happen.

Once you do that, go back and try to match the dates with significant events. An "event" in a progressed chart can be mental, emotional or physical. You sprained your pinky when you were 4 years old. Not a significant event. But it hurt. Who cares? You fell out of a tree and broke your arm. Sorry, not a significant event. You fell out of a tree, broke your arm, and had to have 3 surgeries to repair the damage. Now maybe you're talking significant event. Auntie Em died when you were 3. Not a significant event. In high school, someone died in a car accident. Not a significant event. You sat by the person in study hall once. So? You're best friend dies in a car accident, that's significant. Parents divorce, die, leave, a parent remarries, the parent you're staying with has a live-in, those are significant. Your sibling is born. Not significant. You're 12 and staying with your father who remarries and his new wife has a child, that could be significant (it could be traumatic for a single child who is spoiled). Your progressed chart isn't going to show you every time you had a bowel movement, or went on a date, or changed hair styles, or after shave, or stopped liking one musical group and started liking another or other mundane things like that. Just things that have an impact on you and helped define who you are.

Once you have your events listed, check the transits happening in that period. That will help with timing events in the future. Your chart says 1:21, but it could have been 1:21:55, which is not the same as 1:21. It isn't really a big deal, but it can throw off the timing a wee bit and it is important if the event in question is a physical one. In addition to timing events, it'll show you how to integrate the transits and progressions and their signs, houses and aspects to the natal planets.

To save you some time, Solar Return charts are not compatible with transits or progressions. You read a Solar Return Chart against a Natal Chart only. You can progress a Solar Return Chart, but you have to do it by hand, and it's incredibly time consuming because it's hit or miss and you need Koch's Table of Houses so you can calculate (by hand) a new MC, Ascendant and house cusps to see when a house cusp might conjunct a solar return planet, then use some mathematical acrobatics to figure out what the real date is.

cassanra

Bob thanks so much you have given me a project....I have started on it already. It is quite interesting. When I was four or so I was bit by a dog right between my eyes and carry a fairly noticeable scar as the dog almost got my eye. It looks like P-Venus had progressed to a conjunction to Uranus in the fifth house. The transits at or around that time included saturn at 0 degrees pisces in my 12th house opposite natal pluto in the sixth, jupiter square the natal ascendant, pro-asc trining the natal uranus. I was looking for mars (maring accident) and transits directly hitting Uranus and venus but on each of the progressed aspects I did not see a whole lot of direct transits to the progreesed aspect. Maybe it is a theme I should be looking for. The other aspect I noticed for the dog bite incident merc progressing to a square with natal north node. It might fit time wise I wil have to check with my mom. the other thing I noticed was the year I met my husband to be, venus had progressed to a trine with saturn and the north node was transitiing opposite progressed venus which was interesting too. There were other transits that were odd like trans urnanus trine pro-venus, tran, jupiter coming to conjunt natal venus, and saturn trans to oppose pro-venus. I just want to thank you again for leading me in the right direction and taking the time to type it out. I was beginning to think nobody liked me:) or I was asking dumb questions . But now I have some actual footing to work with and an understanding of my own processes.

BobZemco

cassanra said:
Bob thanks so much you have given me a project....I have started on it already. It is quite interesting. When I was four or so I was bit by a dog right between my eyes and carry a fairly noticeable scar as the dog almost got my eye. It looks like P-Venus had progressed to a conjunction to Uranus in the fifth house.

The 6th is animals in general, especially work or farm animals. The 5th House is personal pets. Since Venus rules the 7th, it would seem to be someone else's dog.

cassanra said:
The transits at or around that time included saturn at 0 degrees pisces in my 12th house opposite natal pluto in the sixth, jupiter square the natal ascendant, pro-asc trining the natal uranus.

The 12th is sometimes called the House of Sorrow. Jupiter does rule the forehead.

cassanra said:
The other aspect I noticed for the dog bite incident merc progressing to a square with natal north node.

Mercury rules Virgo which rules domestic pets. Even though I say that, in my opinion, it's Virgo (and Gemini) that rules Mercury. The little tiny planet Mercury exerts no influence over Virgo or Gemini, but those massive constellations do (mathematically the Force of Gravity: Fg = M2 - M1 /d (distance) squared tells the story).

People have a hard time sifting through the muck to make sense of things. You have develop your own system through experience.

Beginners will often say, "I'm a Libra" and then they will go to a web-site and cut and paste the traits for Librans and then say, "This is me."

Artistic
Companionable
Cooperative
Diplomatic
Judicial
Refined
Peaceable
Suave
Sociable

No, not exactly. You look at their chart and they have 7 planets below the horizon. They're an introvert, so you can take "Sociable" and throw it right out the window because they aren't.

Then you find Mars in hard aspect with other planets or the Ascendant and you can throw Diplomatic and Peaceable right out, too. So you're new list of Libran traits is:

Artistic
Companionable
Judicial
Refined
Suave

Big difference. You take the same approach with planets. Does Uranus represent an airplane or your grandparents (or another elderly person)? You have to use the process of elimination to figure it out. The signs and houses help. Uranus in the 1st or 12th House wouldn't represent an airplance, but in the 3rd or 9th it very well could.

cassanra

Thanks again....yes I hate telling any one I am a Gemini as I don't feel like one:)You have given me a few more pieces in this 1000 piece puzzle...