Mental illness and physical disabilities in natal chart

Vista

Interesting subject!! My personal observations are the following:

Moon in hard aspect to Uranus = bi-polar/manic/easily irritated and loses interest quickly

Moon/Mercury in hard aspect to Saturn = Prone to depression and or morbid or negative thoughts, as in the glass is "half empty."

Moon/Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto = Deeply wounded, can be verbally abusive, emotional problems

Mars in hard aspect to Ur/Pluto = can have anger issues, or be controlling and abusive

Of course one must look at the sign/house placement to see how the native works through these issues, also other supportive aspects in one's chart to offset these challenges. I believe there are ways to work through any challenges we have natally. For example, Mars in hard aspect to Pluto, many athletes have this natally. This is a great way to work with this energy.

lazarusx

I don't think there's any aspect which guarantees this, but I've seen Mercury conjunct Neptune native visibly have a full blown conversation with themselves.

Yeah i can have entire conversations with myself, i've never considered it unusual because i think to some degree everyone does.. especially when attempting to figure out a problem or scenario. Naturally if someone observes you doing this it's going to appear strange though :sideways:

My Moon is conjunct Mercury in Gemini, so there's a strong connection between my subconscious and conscious mind that's expressed verbally.

Claire19

From what I've heard, mental issues mostly come from afflicted Moon/Mercury and certain aspects with Uranus. Eating disorders would probably be Jupiter and Venus. Physical disabilities probably come from bad fixed stars or "lame" degrees if "lame" degrees are actually important.
This is a very complex issue and I would only respond if the person's condition is established and not mere supposition.

For mental issues definitely Uranus with Mercury, often Neptune as well.
Eating disorders belonng with the Moon and often Pluto. The sixth house of food and diet is often involved. Jupiter expands whatever planet it is connected with so can exacerbate a condition. Physical ailments are often denoted in the 1st house and its influences as well as the 6th of illness. I dont use fixed stars at all. Lameness is depicted by Mercury aspects in general and again connected to the 1st house.

Claire19

Moon in hard aspect to Uranus = bi-polar/manic/easily irritated and loses interest quickly

Moon/Mercury in hard aspect to Saturn = Prone to depression and or morbid or negative thoughts, as in the glass is "half empty."

Moon/Mercury in hard aspect to Pluto = Deeply wounded, can be verbally abusive, emotional problems

Mars in hard aspect to Ur/Pluto = can have anger issues, or be controlling and abusive

Of course one must look at the sign/house placement to see how the native works through these issues, also other supportive aspects in one's chart to offset these challenges. I believe there are ways to work through any challenges we have natally. For example, Mars in hard aspect to Pluto, many athletes have this natally. This is a great way to work with this energy.
Brilliant post.:happy:

Claire19

I don't think there's any aspect which guarantees this, but I've seen Mercury conjunct Neptune native visibly have a full blown conversation with themselves. I didn't interrupt in case I upset them, but from what I could tell they had great rapport with the voices in their head haha :biggrin:
Mercury with Neptune is often able to tap into psychic realm and communicate there with those who inhabit that world. Dont assume that they are only talking to themselves or are crazy. Schizophrenia is a vulnerability to the forces in the lower realms and not having the natural barrier against those entities who mean harm and are negative. It is not something to be laughed at.

sequestra

Wow I have all of the aspects mentioned, and yes I am bi polar. Off to the gym for me :sideways:

Cold Fusion

yesterday astrologer50 insulted me.. im just trying to be a little sarcastic

anyway as i said, nobody mentioned lilith's position in the natal chart and her impact on possible disabilities on the individual. imo lilith's position in your chart shows alot about your problems.

Would somebody with saturn/venus/lilith conjunction conjunct Unukalhai be really crazy? I'm talking downright psycho.

Carris

In the book, "Signs of Mental Illness - Mitchell E Gibson", the author describes the following markers for mental illness:

Saturn-Pluto parallel - as "one of the most difficult patterns for mental illness", "chronic recurrent unipolar depression"

Pluto-mercury contraparallel - a major sign of mental illness, "major depression and schizophrenia"

Pluto-Mars parallel

Conjunctions: sun-mercury

Sextiles: sun-neptune, moon-uranus, saturn-uranus

Squares: moon-mercury, saturn-neptune, saturn-uranus

Surprisingly, he also says that trines between jupiter-venus, jupiter-uranus, jupiter-pluto, uranus-neptune, etc are also markers for depression. Who would have thought that trines would indicate hardship?

He also talks about things like "exdeks", "hideks", elevation by proximity, grand elevation, etc. Things I know nothing about. Anyone know?

Last edited:

Nicehotpink

I'm pretty sure I'm a hypochondriac because Libra is my 6th house.
I'm mostly (legally) deaf, but wasn't born that way. I just recently found out I have a "full house" of every sign. I'm worried about what mental health problems might arise. I've had years of therapy so if I am crazy it just makes sense. I'm just curious how the astrology and psychology work for me.

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
Ascendant
Taurus
22°45'22

2nd House
Gemini
19°36'15

3rd House
Cancer
12°44'21

Imum Coeli
Leo
6°41'54

5th House
Virgo
5°23'39

6th House
Libra
11°52'58

Descendant
Scorpio
22°45'22

8th House
Sagittarius
19°36'15

9th House
Capricorn
12°44'21

Medium Coeli
Aquarius
6°41'54

11th House
Pisces
5°23'39

12th House
Aries
11°52'58

PLANETARY POSITIONS
planet
sign
degree

Sun
Sagittarius
24°07'55​
in house 8

Moon​
Virgo​
11°35'54​
in house 5

Mercury​
Sagittarius​
4°21'23​
in house 7

Venus​
Aquarius​
8°17'25​
in house 10

Mars​
Cancer​
25°38'31​
in house 3

Jupiter​
Libra​
11°47'19​
end of house 5

Saturn​
Aquarius​
14°45'55​
in house 10​
Uranus​
Capricorn​
16°44'04​
in house 9​
Neptune​
Capricorn​
17°45'47​
in house 9​
Pluto​
Scorpio​
24°03'57​
in house 7​
True Node
Sagittarius​
21°29'48​
in house 8​

Last edited:

Vista

NHP, might I suggest you erase your chart information and just attach a natal chart. You can obtain one from astro.com for free. It's in the free horoscope section. Right click on the chart image and save as a picture and then reattach below in the manage attachments section of your post.

I'm pretty sure I'm a hypochondriac because Libra is my 6th house.
I'm mostly (legally) deaf, but wasn't born that way. I just recently found out I have a "full house" of every sign. I'm worried about what mental health problems might arise. I've had years of therapy so if I am crazy it just makes sense. I'm just curious how the astrology and psychology work for me.

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
Ascendant
Taurus
22°45'22

2nd House
Gemini
19°36'15

3rd House
Cancer
12°44'21

Imum Coeli
Leo
6°41'54

5th House
Virgo
5°23'39

6th House
Libra
11°52'58

Descendant
Scorpio
22°45'22

8th House
Sagittarius
19°36'15

9th House
Capricorn
12°44'21

Medium Coeli
Aquarius
6°41'54

11th House
Pisces
5°23'39

12th House
Aries
11°52'58

PLANETARY POSITIONS
planet
sign
degree

Sun

Sagittarius

24°07'55​

in house 8​

Moon​

Virgo​

11°35'54​

in house 5​

Mercury​

Sagittarius​

4°21'23​

in house 7​

Venus​

Aquarius​

8°17'25​

in house 10​

Mars​

Cancer​

25°38'31​

in house 3​

Jupiter​

Libra​

11°47'19​

end of house 5​

Saturn​

Aquarius​

14°45'55​

in house 10​

Uranus​

Capricorn​

16°44'04​

in house 9​

Neptune​

Capricorn​

17°45'47​

in house 9​

Pluto​

Scorpio​

24°03'57​

in house 7​

True Node

Sagittarius​

21°29'48​

in house 8​

Vista

Not based entirely on generation, nor limited to gender (Autism more frequent among boys, and notice Aquarius is a masculine sign) or race (the risk of Autism found in ethnic groups, but can be found in all races).

Autism is a pandemic to children or teens born between 1990 and 2005, or should I say among them originating in generation "Y" (the 25th letter of the Roman alphabet, or 12th sign/house?) have the most diagnosis rate of autism than any previous generation. Uranus was in Sagittarius, Capricorn and Aquarius in that time period, currently in Pisces going onto Aries.

Not to start a firestorm, however I was having this discussion just the other day with a friend of mine and why there is such an escalated rate of autism in children never seen before. BTW, his brother is autistic. He said the new research coming out is relating directly back to MEN(not just women) who are older than previous generations having children late in life. I do respect him and believe there is some truth to this. The other consideration are vaccines. They are finding a direct link to the childhood vaccines and children with autism. It's very scary!

wilsontc

Staff member
no link between vaccinations and autism, to Vista

Vista,

You said:
Not to start a firestorm...They are finding a direct link to the childhood vaccines and children with autism. It's very scary!

This has been a rumor for quite a long time and it simply won't go away. Despite what "they" say there is no link between vaccination and autism. More here about the rumor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMR_vaccine_controversy

A good example of this being an "urban legend" and not a factual argument is that it is about "they"...when no one really knows who "they" are.

Don't vaccinate and your chances of getting an extremely debilitating disease is very high.

Warning,

Tim

Claire19

Fullmoonlibra, I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder seven years ago, during a major depressive episode (ok, it was Pluto transiting my Sun). I blame Moon conjunct Saturn in 8’th house, in Virgo-intercepted sign. Also, Saturn is the ruler of my Ascendant. Chiron is the focus of a bowl pattern, and is tightly conjunct with IC. My Virgo Moon tends to be oversensitive like a water sign Moon, but also very introverted and practical, so there goes my depressions. When I didn’t know how to help myself with all my problems I started doing handcraft to release my instability. The things I’m doing practically with my hands are a cure for my tortured mind.

Doing handicrafts is a great way to relief the stress. May I suggest you look at your diet as well? This is a classic for allergies. It may be clinical depression rather. Do you have Aquarius rising? Being ruled by Uranus it can indicate instability and I would look at what Uranus is doing and where. Saturn Moon can indicate depression for sure but for bi polar there has to be something more.