Aunts and Uncles

CarrieLee

where in the chart do you see Your Aunts..My paternal
Aunt died today and she had an impact on me and helping to develop the eating disorder that has plagued this life even though I loved her greatly..
I am thinking about the Jup/nep/Chiron conjunction happening tomorrow since it squares my own Neptune and that Yod is a player in my eating disorder..For anyone wondering I was once bulimic and borderline anorexic (in my young years)and in my healing I learned to love food a little to much ..My healing will come when I learn balance and I am learning it now and I am learning self esteem not based on looks...

where do I find her? She wasn't the only one in my family that helped this but she was a major player...
Thanks in Advance to all the beautiful peeps on the forum....
Carrie

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_carrie.1847.11840.gif
    astro_2gw_01_carrie.1847.11840.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 45

Claire19

CarrieLee said:
where in the chart do you see Your Aunts..My paternal
Aunt died today and she had an impact on me and helping to develop the eating disorder that has plagued this life even though I loved her greatly..
I am thinking about the Jup/nep/Chiron conjunction happening tomorrow since it squares my own Neptune and that Yod is a player in my eating disorder..For anyone wondering I was once bulimic and borderline anorexic (in my young years)and in my healing I learned to love food a little to much ..My healing will come when I learn balance and I am learning it now and I am learning self esteem not based on looks...

where do I find her? She wasn't the only one in my family that helped this but she was a major player...
Thanks in Advance to all the beautiful peeps on the forum....
Carrie

Paternal aunt belongs to the 12th house and you would have Neptune through there right now. This can indicate death and loss. THe ruler of the 12th and its aspects will give you a fuller picture as well as looking at your 4th house of general family if she was prominent and loved, as you say.

Did she encourage you to be thin at all costs??? Criticise you for eating or putting on even a little weight. I had an aunt like that. whose own daughter is border line anorexic as is her daughter. This can be typical of Moon in Gemini. The husband of this cousin of mine has Venus in Gemini and only finds adolescent figures attractive......boyish even. SO he is part of the scenario too.

I could say a lot about society demanding that women be thin and powerless in order to be accepted. but I wont........

Last edited:

CarrieLee

Thanks Claire19 for your input and yes she was like that ...At the age of 11 I was chunky and she called me fat and it stuck that same year a teacher told me how the Romans used to eat at huge banquets and take a feather and they would have vomitoriums and It stuck ..Bulimia was just two years away..
I still have thin problems even though I am a size ten the normal size in America
She only loved me (or any female ) when they were thin..I get in my intellectual self that this was her neurosis but my mom had it and another paternal aunt had it so they just passed it on.
I also get that I incarnated in this to resolve this..I just do not want to pass on to my daughters..One of whom is 19..
It is crazy what we do to our poor girls...
Thanks Carrie

I confess I'm not sure where an aunt would fall in natal chart, but regarding your own health issues belongs to 6th house of health where you have natal mars in leo square neptune. This aspect alone can suggest your either ignore health problems and have high pain threshold, or could take an aspirin at first sight of pain. Predicting death or looking for aspects in incredibly hard and not really professional to give people information about....

Just to check your time of birth using solar arcs then SA IC conj moon age 5, should have been a relocation of family. If this happened earlier or later you may need to adjust your time 1' on Asc =4minutes real time...

mars.gif
square.gif
opposition.gif
neptune.gif

Mars square or opposition Neptune
Mars square Neptune
Your attempts to assert yourself often result in turmoil for you and/or for others. You tend to swing from one extreme to the other--asserting your needs powerfully at times and at others slipping into a state of total apathy. Passive-aggressiveness can be a problem in your life. Ordinary life often seems drab and uninteresting to you and you must have something that stirs your imagination, some vision or ideal or dream to motivate you.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/marsneptuneaspects.html

You also have 4 quincunxs and I've noticed that 3 or more are always searching for the divine meaning to life and continually restless. So it's worth researching these asepcts, so try here....
http://www.cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

Although with Pisces rising you could 'appear' sympathetic and empathetic, your sun conj Pluto can be dogmatic, assertive and makes you an honorary Scorpio cos it is combust and burning out the sun's energy here. Obviously, the area of 'relationships' are going to be your major focus and where you have chosen to learn your Lessons in this lifetime

You have calculated your chart using the default on astro.com of placidus and I use Equal House system and am a modern astrologer. Lots of people that come into Astrology get their free charts calculated at www.astro.com and the default ‘house system’ used is Placidus and think that’s just the norm and all that there is……..BUT that is just the tip of the iceberg. You can change the default on astro.com in Extended Chart selection to Equal house and a few more.

Throughout the forums but mainly in natal astrology there are two main branches Placidus (unequal size houses) v Equal House (whereby each house is same size) but lots more……. For more information on these go here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(astrology)#Description
http://www.astrolozy.com/article19.asp
http://www.skyviewzone.com/birthinfoforms2/housesexplained.htm

It's only with study and research will you be able to assess where your planets are deposited and in which houses... thus see which 'glove fits'

www.astro.com has Free six month transit forecaster

Now in Equal house your Venus and mercury are in 8th house of sex, other/shared finances, life after death mysteries, etc.
Chiron in the First House

+Chiron here can make you like a knight in shining armor, always ready to fight for the underdog. Usually, while you are doing this, you are neglecting yourself. You could also be a wise counselor (especially in health matters) but you seem to have trouble taking your own advice. A 1st house Chiron can be a gifted teacher, and, of course, you can teach others how to do something better than you can do it yourself. A neat trick to get around this: Give yourself advice as if you were someone else. Then maybe you will take it.

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinhouses.html

Chiron in Aries

Aries is the sign of selfhood and with Chiron here the sense of self may be weakened. Melanie Reinhart in Chiron and the Healing Journey says that sometimes the person feels as if they don't exist and have to take their sense of identity from others. I mentioned this to a friend who had Chiron in Aries opposing her Ascendant, and she said that it was true for her. She frequently felt that way. At the time, she was on her third marriage (there was also one live-in relationship), as she couldn't bear to be alone.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/chironinthesigns.html

North Node in Aries and/or in the First House
With North Node in Aries, our South Node is in Libra. With North Node in the first house, our South Node is in the seventh house.
Co-dependency, indecisiveness, and a tendency for problems in one-to-one relationships are some of the issues this position suggests. With this position, we need to learn to love ourselves, to trust our instincts, to lead without fear. We tend to fall back on co-dependent relationships due to a fear of independence and of standing alone. We are indecisive and don't trust our instincts.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeinaries.html
North Node in Taurus and/or in the Second House
With North Node in Taurus, our South Node is in Scorpio. With North Node in the second house, our South Node is in the eighth house.
A tendency to define our own worth and values in terms of our significant others, to be wrapped up in the needs of others at the expense of our own needs, and to attract confusing and intense life situations at the expense of comfort and peace are some of the issues this position suggests.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/northnodeintaurus.html

You also have a Yod with Saturn as Apex sometimes called 'Finger of God' aspect
Yod​
This is a quincunx-sextile-quincunx. It features a crisis of - and a need for - perspective, in which the energies of the two sextiled planets find difficulty integrating with that of the apex, quincunxed planet. This dichotomy is not directly a conflict, rather a bewilderingly dualistic, seemingly irresolvable and compromising situation. This is an 'appointment with power' in which consciousness and its capacity for seeing are tested. It is a secret to be decoded, an intense dilemma, or a visitation from the Unknown.
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/aspectpatterns.html

[deleted overly long quotes against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
E

eternalautumn

Traditional views:

-The 3rd house represents family in general, besides the parents and children.

-The 12th is self-undoing, hidden enemies who know us well, and in this case, the mind could be that enemy.

-Mercury and the Moon signify the intellectual/left and creative/right brain(hemispheres) respectively. You could look to see if one or both of these is afflicted in your chart; that might indicate mental problems.

I see by glancing at your chart that Moon in Gemini is ruled by Mercury in Libra...

waybread

CarrieLee--congratulations on your success to date in dealing with eating disorders. I am sorry for your loss. Even if your relationship with your aunt was ambivalent, this must be a difficult day for you.

If you can construct her birth chart, you may be able to learn why she behaved the way she did.

I agree w/ A50 that you probably want to look at your own health issues. Presumably someone else could have family members who criticized their weight, but just ignored them.

In astrology the moon and the 4th house rule the stomach. You have a very close square between your 4th house moon and Pluto, which rules purging. Your sun is also at 22 degrees (wow!) making another close aspect, suggesting that you identify very closely with your moon-Pluto dynamic. Moon-Pluto, especially with the sun involved would also suggest power/domination struggles with the mother specifically or mature women more generally. Then there is a pretty close yod involving Neptune and Uranus, with Saturn at the tip. Saturn knows all about self-denial.Chiron shows us "where it hurts", and in the 1st house, you "wounds" have to do with your body and personality.

I just checked Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (AFA). He gives a pretty complex delineation of rulers for aunts and uncles: it depends whether the aunt is from the mother's or father's side; and whether the native is male or female. He gives the 12th house for a maternal aunt in a woman's horoscope, but the 6th house for a paternal aunt in a woman's horoscope.

The 12th house as the house of self-undoing can also show how we suffer, but it is interesting that the 6th house also deals with health. This house is ruled by your sun, getting us into the above-mentioned moon-Pluto loop. Mars in your 6th is pretty well aspected, but square Neptune it can confer a sense of unreality about your health.

Interestingly you have a kite formation pointing to your 4th house moon, suggesting that you are on the right track in mastering the relationship between food, women, maternal relatives, and emotions.

Claire19

I was looking for this information, my aunt died under transiting Jupiter square Neptune too. I looked in google books and it seems to indicate Jupiter for aunts and uncles.
Aunts and uncles are in the 6th and 12th houses. Depending on what side of family.

For instance I have Mercury Saturn Pluto in 6th and represents my Capricorn, Scorpio maternal aunts and uncles and Mercury conjunct Pluto, indicates there are two Scorpios.:smile: It is not always so clear cut.

When I had Uranus going through the 12th house of paternal aunt squaring my Uranus in the 4th of general family and she was killed in a car accident. She was also an Aquarian. Uranus also rules my 12th house so it all seems inevitable. True to Uranian energies it was a shock and unexpected.

It is really Mercury or Ceres as proper ruler of 6th??? and Neptune that indicate our aunts and uncles. Jupiter is not necessarily connected unless in the 12th or 6th houses or connected there.

THe derivative chart method will show you all the relationships. If you look that up on the net it will explain it. Otherwise I can send something through to you. COntact me on seahorse19@hotmail.com

Claire19

Father is 10th house+ his sibling + 3rd house = 12th house. Neptune through there in Aquarius is her demise.

My father's sister died when I had a transit of Uranus through the 12th and squaring my Uranus in the 4th of family. It was a sudden shock as it was a car accident....She was also an Aquarian!!

Claire19

Maybe the 6th house since it's the 3rd house (siblings) of the 4th house, or perhaps the 3rd house of the Moon.
6th house would be maternal aunt. MOther 4th house + her siblings 3rd house = 6th.......

The third deals with siblings, peer group, neighbours and those we see on a regular basis in the local environment. Our school mates and other friends.
It is everyday contacts house. Not family necessarily. That belongs to the 4th house for domestic conditions.

Claire19

Thanks Claire19 for your input and yes she was like that ...At the age of 11 I was chunky and she called me fat and it stuck that same year a teacher told me how the Romans used to eat at huge banquets and take a feather and they would have vomitoriums and It stuck ..Bulimia was just two years away..
I still have thin problems even though I am a size ten the normal size in America
She only loved me (or any female ) when they were thin..I get in my intellectual self that this was her neurosis but my mom had it and another paternal aunt had it so they just passed it on.
I also get that I incarnated in this to resolve this..I just do not want to pass on to my daughters..One of whom is 19..
It is crazy what we do to our poor girls...
Thanks Carrie
From what I hear size 10 is not the norm in US and it is certainly not here.
The realistic figures are more like 14-16 and clothing stores have to reflect that in their stock more and more.:smile: