Astrology related fiction

SirHorns

I'm curious if anyone here has read any stories/watched any shows/movies that had astrology as theme?

I'm currently writing one, (Link in my signature) and wanted to see just what else was out there.

I've seen a couple of animes and see a few mystery books that used astrology as theme for their stories, but surely there has to be more, right?

SirHorns

Ever played Final Fantasy? That's one, albeit a video game.

Which one?

I know 10 had it in there subtlety. Like needing Sun/Moon/MArs/Venus Crest and Sigil to get the characters Ultimate Weapons.

I'm told 12 had the Zodiac Sphere...

Which others had it? (Also thanks for replying!)

Oddity

I want to say 14, especially, the one that's an MMO. There's a whole quest chain at the Observatorium where you have to steal astrological/astronomical records, and there are a number of damage dealing abilities that use things like the out-of-sect malefic to do harm. It gets into some tarot-y stuff, too. A lot of the gods appear to be astrologically based, as well.

SirHorns

I want to say 14, especially, the one that's an MMO. There's a whole quest chain at the Observatorium where you have to steal astrological/astronomical records, and there are a number of damage dealing abilities that use things like the out-of-sect malefic to do harm. It gets into some tarot-y stuff, too. A lot of the gods appear to be astrologically based, as well.

14? And the MMO I think is 11.
I'll look into it, thanks!

conspiracy theorist

Didn't know you were down with final fantasy, Odd man. I used to love it when I was younger but I've lost my taste for video games. Just going off this post, I like how deep they get into the astrology.

AppLeo

I'm curious if anyone here has read any stories/watched any shows/movies that had astrology as theme?

I'm currently writing one, (Link in my signature) and wanted to see just what else was out there.

I've seen a couple of animes and see a few mystery books that used astrology as theme for their stories, but surely there has to be more, right?

That's so cool you're writing one!! :joyful:

haidee

Sir, the link in your signature doesn't work. :I

There's an anime called Fruits Basket which includes the 12 chinese zodiac signs. I didn't find it too interesting, since I recall only watching one or two episodes of it.

What are the titles of the books that you've read?

SirHorns

Sir, the link in your signature doesn't work. :I

There's an anime called Fruits Basket which includes the 12 chinese zodiac signs. I didn't find it too interesting, since I recall only watching one or two episodes of it.

What are the titles of the books that you've read?

12 house Rising was one I heard of, the author's name escapes me at the moment.
Story:

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3285599/1/Tales-of-the-Endbringer-and-Builder-Capricorn I wonder what's wrong with the signature link?

haidee

Hm, okay. I can't find any with that title, but I found a book called "Rising Sign" by Jared R. Lopatin. :joyful: That looks interesting.

The link works now btw. I'll read it. ;)

SirHorns

Hm, okay. I can't find any with that title, but I found a book called "Rising Sign" by Jared R. Lopatin. :joyful: That looks interesting.

The link works now btw. I'll read it. ;)

I think that author has more then book under their belt involved with astrology.

I think Aries Rising is another one.
(As an Aries rising, I hope that book is gold)

Enjoy!:happy:

CapAquaPis

Reviving this thread and after someone mentioned anime with astrological sign references, there is the famous 1990s-era manga turned anime Sailor Moon. They are part-time high school students, teenage girls, who were reincarnated souls of princesses sent to earth to heroically save the day. They are referred to as senshi or sailor scouts are named after the 9 astrological planets starting with Moon. There are Sailors Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. And their birthdays correspond to their sun signs: Moon (Cancer), Mercury (Gemini or Virgo), Venus (Taurus or Libra), Mars (Aries), Jupiter (Sagittarius), Saturn (Capricorn), Uranus (Aquarius), Neptune (Pisces) and Pluto (Scorpio).