Using Solar Arcs to Rectify a Natal Chart

Atria

Hello Starlink, i am glad that the site is ok again, and hear from you, sorry to all, i make many clicks, it was so slow my computer i was thinking it doesnt works.
First began only moving the planets one degree per year until he reaches or make a conjunction with a cuspid, only make this practice, counting the degrees and thinking of probably events, You have two times , 6h 49 or 7h. We have to begin with one, lets begin with 6h 49', it is only an exercise, take Pluto. Pluto is at 11º of leo , how many degrees he moves , (recorre) to reach the midheaven at 25º of leo, 14º= 14 years old, Pluto could indicate a trip because he is at nine, he makes an opposition to IV , father , home , something related to your father , mother , grandfather , grandmother, or at home. Pluto at midheaven frecuently indicate changes. Then you take another planet Saturn, move Saturn to midheaven he is at 2º 51' of Leo , to midheaven he passes to 22º degrees till he reaches the midheaven at 25º Leo, 22 degrees = 22 years old, you give an orb to think near 21-22-23 years old, so again may be a trip, near that age or something with your mother or father, may be the trip to Peru, Saturn is at IX has analogy with mountains, the same you do with all the planets, directly or converse way, this is an exercise that is necessary to practice, with Jupiter you can do the same move to the ascendant he is at 23º 49' of Scorpio to reach the ascendant he has to move 5 degrees= 5 years old, is the lord of IX and of V, may be a trip , or another event afectiv,. First you move the planets, and then you think of the event, always think at what house he is present and what houses he govern , I am making more hipotesis to find more events that concordate with your data you gave me, then i ll give you the keys to the future, i am testing them. Another one: Neptune to the ascendant he is at 8º if Libra has to pass trough 22º of Libra and 29º of scorpio, 22º+29º= 51º = 51 years old , Neptune is the lord of V , a trip, an affective event, something related with friends? Could be your love? Tomorow i will do more, but you have to do this pasito a pasito, is a slow process, Cheers¡¡

Andonis

Marilyn Monroe: Using Solar Arcs to Rectify a Natal Chart

Hi Atria,
.....at period of report put 15 jul till 15 aug is the month of her death, at location put natal,..........

How do you do this with solar arc (I have a Delux Demo for a few days)

In the Extra in point selection I did not put anything.....
User direction rate ....1 degree 25 min 30 sec in the first instance and then 11 degrees as suggested further down in your reply. (Not sure where the 11degrees comes from).
The start date 5 Aug 1962 or 15 July 1962

Press view but do not get the mars aspect you refer...I dont know what I am doing wrong....

I get north node square saturn on 6August 1962 in both cases.

Last edited:

starlink

Re: Marilyn Monroe: Using Solar Arcs to Rectify a Natal Chart

Thank you so much for explaining this part of the hypothesis Atria. I actually do the same with the Noel Thyll system, but then you get to claves and keys using Solar Fire (I have Solar Fire but still dont know all the things I can do with it, so yes, I do need explanation there I'm afraid...).But the 22 years is the year when I married and one month before that I traveled to Hongkong to prepare for the wedding (27th of June 1969 and at 27th June 1968 we got engaged.) It could also be that we went there 3 month before the wedding, I cannot remember now, but I will ask my ex. He was still a student then and I was not working so we could just as well have gone for 3 month before the wedding. I will check. I think the Saturn one is the most obvious one because it could indicates social stability when on MC during a wedding.
I cannot remember anything special at 14 years, only at 17 years, 22 May 1964 when my youngest sister was born at HOME (my mother was 46 so it was quite special). 5 Years old I REALLY cannot remember, I unfortunately do not remember anything before 10 years old. In 1998 at 51 years old I left my husband, exactly on September 1, I started living on my own. I was indeed very confused and yet very determined (transiting Pluto conjunct Ascendant also) at that time (Neptune sextiles my Ascendant thank God). Interesting.
Just take your time Atria and lets hope the site is not breaking down again, because this is a very interesting thread. If I see an email address of yours in your public profile, I will write it down so we can communicate via email when this site does not work. Mil veces gracias!! Star.

Atria

Hi, the symbolic direction 11º 00' 00'' was discovered by a disciple of Spicasc, a friend too, Daniel Lanfranco, it works.
Remembered to put PLacidus when you enter the new natal chart, and you have to use the natal chart rectificated not the old one, I tried with solar deluxe , and mars square ascendant appears,at 4 august, (this coordenates of LA are more precise) the direction of Pluto doesnt appears because we need to enter the other new cuspids at Extra. Pluto square II and VIII , intermediate houses. May be if i see the image.
At the window up at right at Directions you have to see written User arc 1º 25'43'' , this has to be written, and when you change of key , another one, 2º 30'have to see written too. At Preferences you put the key like this : 1 25 43 separated. I hope you can do it

Andonis

Hi Atria, yes 11 degrees I also thought it is a symbolic direction, it was not in the article so I was unsure. Thanks for clarifying this. I do use Placidus. The settings in Preferences in the Solar Fire are:
In Progs/Dim
Chart Angle Progression
Set to : SA in Long
Rate for user progressions: 0.002737909

Progression Day Type: Standard Q2

Rate for user Directions: 1degree 25 min 30 sec. This may change to other keys...

Rate for Primary Directions: Natal Solar rate

Relocation is NOT ticked

In DYNAMIC REPORTS SELECTION
Event Selection : ticked ONLY Directions to Radix
Saved Selections: Age Harmonics (1 year)
Period of Report: Start Date :15 August 1935 Period: 30 days ....This may vary....
Directions: Solar Arc
Point Selection: Progs: Planets Radix: Plan&ch

Aspect selection: Standard

Thats the settings I use ........Do you see anything strange? I do not get the same dates as you do...
Also, please see your email here I have sent you an email.

Last edited:

starlink

Atria, I just read this:
you have to use the natal chart rectificated not the old one
But we are trying to rectify our "old" birth chart, so how can I use the "rectified" chart and not the old one? What do you mean exactly here? Star.

starlink

Great Andonis for showing how you do it, I printed it out and will see how far I get. I still dont understand this Progression Day Type: Standard Q2. What is Q2? I will really have to sit quietly and see if I EVER will understand this rectifiying thing. I am soooo bad with numbers and really not very good figuring out how programms work,except for the basic things. Your indications might help me. Thanks.

Andonis

Hi star, the Q2 is in solar fire. Remeber I am NOT familiar with Solar Fire and this is where Atria may help. My settings obviously do not work as my search dates are not the same as Atrias which are good. Yes the correct date only, gives the right dates. That is what Atria means.
basically I have the problem that if one uses the wrong settings in Solar Fire the dates come wrong.
Since the dates come also wrong when the rectification is poor we have a double problem. So we MUST use the Solar Fire correctly otherwise no example makes sense.

Atria

Hi, where it says rate for primary directions, you have to put one year per degree instead of natal solar rate. The rectified Marylin, 9 26 46 PST +8:00,Ascendant 12º 24'44'' midheaven 5º taurus 11'. Directions User arc not solar arc, put first 1 25 43 and then there it has to say user arc 1 25 43/yr. At save selections is indistinct. it doesnt affect the results.

Arian Maverick

Wow, this is getting intense! :eek:

I'm almost glad I don't have have Solar Fire...

By the way, my grandparents came over this afternoon and told me they found the exact date my grandfather had heart surgery--June 25, 1998. Oddly enough, this was exactly nine years before I graduated high school; I'll have to see if the transitting Sun forms any important aspects to possible natal angles on this day.

Arian Maverick

Andonis

Oh yes, thanks Atria,I now get MArs square ASC but on 4th August 1962 for merilyn monroe. (using
Not sure if the date accuracy is supposed to be....

Atria

He rectified at 9h 26'47''i dont know why i put one second of less , but is frecuently to make an adjustment later. But you have to give an orb, sometimes came one day before and sometimes one day after, and like a clock the same day, with that second the day of the square of mars to the ascendant is 5 of august 1962. At Extra could you insert the cuspids?

Atria

Hello Arian, welcome the new data, the days of the exams¡¡ are important too, recollect them if you can, and your pets... and get a solar¡¡you are corageous or brave.

Arian Maverick

What type of exams should I include? Midterms and finals and such? This is my first semester in college, so I haven't had any absolutely critical exams yet that determine my final grade. Thanks for mentioning this, though, because I will undoubtedly have some of these in the future...

I can give you the date I passed my driver's test and received my license--October 11, 2006 at about 8:00 AM.

I also know the days my dog and my ferret passed away, if this is what you are referring to with pet dates--my dog was put down on June 18, 2007 at 11 AM and my ferret died some time in the morning of June 19, 2003. I'm certain of the first date but less certain of the second, although it sounds familiar to me.

I know that I also carefully recorded the day we received our second dog, except I need to find the records; it was about two weeks before my childhood dog died, but I'll have to get the exact date for you.

Thank you so much! :)

Arian Maverick

Andonis

Hi Atria,
No I do not think the extras include the cuspids I mean the choice is not there on the pop up window. So I am not sure how to. What would be useful in order to ensure my settings are good enough is to give me another example RUN with what you get with different clavas. If I get the same planets and aspects on the day (+ - a day ) then maybe the settings are satisfactory? What do you think?
Thanks

Last edited:

starlink

Hi Arian! Yes, you are right, I am starting to despair.... but am not giving up yet. I have not even looked at the Solar Fire way of doing it because I want to wait for good instructions on how to proceed. Meanwhile I am looking at the Noel Thyl way and that is easier, way easier but maybe not as accurate as Atria's method. Still not convinced my Asc. is Sag. I am a real mix of both which makes it soooo difficult. I lived most of my live abroad. Is my Asc. Scorpio, yes, that makes sense with Pluto in 9. Is my Asc. Sag. Yes, that is also making sense with Jup. in the 12th because I just LOVE to be alone. Really, probably when the Asc. is so much on a cusp from one sign to another, you probably have to look at both signs but it still would not serve as a prediction point. Patience, patience and poco a poco as Atria says! Cheers, Star.

Andonis

Does anybody know how can one correct mnually the ASC /MC of a birth chart (when one knows the new rectified ASC) using Astrolog32?

Andonis

Does anybody know how can one correct mnually the ASC /MC of a birth chart (when one knows the new rectified ASC) using Astrolog32?

Sag Moon

unukalhai said:
Astrolog 5.41G and later default to using smaller orbs for "comparison" (dual ring; transit, progressed-to-natal, etc).

Settings -> Aspect Settings .. "decrease comparison chart's orbs" -- set that to zero and it will use the same orbs for all charts. The logic here is many feel transit and progressed orbs are smaller than natal orbs. The default, 2.5, subtracts 2.5 degrees from each aspect orb in transit/progressed dual-ring mode.

If 5.41g is working for you, don't worry about 1.33 :)

Just so you know the "Zero" setting did not work for me so I just used 0.1 as that took.

Thanks fr the help ,you are most knowledgable wit htis softare and I have used the other version since their inception.