Astrologer to be on Wife Swap April 24, 2009

freedomlover

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This is from an astrologer I found. Thought some of you might be interested in watching the show. He also has a very interesting site:

http://www.divineinspirationastrology.com/home.htm

Hello Everyone! It has been a truly strange year thus far, especially since my family was recruited as a family of "astrologers" to appear on ABC's Reality TV show, Wife Swap.

We'll be on the show Friday April 24th, at 8 PM on ABC.
Hope you can find time to tune in and laugh!

They released this press release yesterday:

Wednesday, April 08, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ON ABC’S WIFE SWAP (4/24)

A COWBOY FAMILY WHO BELIEVE MEN SHOULD RIDE THE PLAINS WHILE WOMEN STAY HOME SWAP LIVES WITH A VEGAN FAMILY OF ASTROLOGERS WHO TALK TO PLANTS, ON ABC’S "WIFE SWAP"

"Brazenwood/Taylor" - A meat-loving cowboy family with traditional values swap lives with a free-spirited vegan family who consult the stars, on "Wife Swap, " FRIDAY, APRIL 24 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. Each week two very contradictory families from across the country participate in a two-week-long challenge: The wives exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover daily life in another woman’s shoes. This astonishing experiment repeatedly changes lives and redefines families.

The Taylor family from Texas own a cattle ranch and live for the good old fashioned American rodeo! World Champion Team Roper Dad Calvin (33), and his wife, Heather (34), have four children, Claire (12), Caroline (9), Cameron (6) and Calvin Jr. (4), who are tough rodeo competitors themselves in barrel racing and roping. The Taylors are raising their kids to be hardworking winners. Calvin strives to lead by example and spends most of his time outside with the animals, while Heather prefers to stay at home, "barefoot and pregnant." Calvin expects hot dinners of meat and potatoes but refuses to do any housework. To ensure Calvin Jr. follows in his footsteps, his father takes him out for meals alone, leaving all the Taylor women behind. Even if it upsets his daughters, the girls aren’t allowed to show any emotion because the Taylors believe crying makes you weak. They believe their traditional values are creating well-grounded, practical children, which is important to the cowboy way of life.

Meanwhile, the new-age Brazenwood family from North Carolina live in a world of their own, literally. Astrologer Dad Kelly (37) wrote a fantasy novel about a fictional world named "Thandoria" starring a boy named Arian Brazenwood, which is the name he later gave to his real-life son here on planet Earth. Arian’s step mom, Christina (28), is an energy healer who lets her astrological chart dictate her days because she believes it puts her in touch with the meaning of life. She enjoys spending time outside talking to her friends the plants, and isn’t afraid to rub dirt all over her body or even have a taste of it while communing with nature. When she’s not one with nature, she dons funky costumes and teaches a dance class called "soul shaking." Back at home, Kelly wears a towel wrapped around his waist instead of pants and loves to run around and to pretend sword fight or play in fantasy worlds with Arian (13). When it comes to domestic duties, they all chip in, and they prefer a vegan diet. To help unify the family, they chant "om" before every meal, which is the sound of the universe being created.

In the first week, Heather leaves behind the rodeo for the world of fantasy. Kelly begins by giving her an astrological reading, but pragmatic Heather claims she doesn’t believe in all the "fluff." Though she tries to talk to plants like Christina, she finds it difficult to have a true conversation. With so much focus on astrology and the world of make believe, Heather worries the family doesn’t know the difference between work and play. Meanwhile, in Texas, Christina Brazenwood notices the plants on the ranch are far less inviting than the friendly foliage back at home. Like the plants, she thinks the family has difficulty expressing emotion and is saddened that Calvin chooses to spend time with his only son and leave his daughters behind. After spending time with the Taylor girls, Christina confronts Calvin about his lack of emotion and chauvinistic attitude, but Calvin maintains he’s happy living life by his cowboy code.

In the second week of the swap, when the wives change the rules and turn the tables, Heather rules that Kelly has to trade in his skirt and star-gazing for spurs and become a real cowboy. For Heather, that means eating like one too... after 17 years of abstaining from meat, Kelly has to chow down on chicken fried steak and cheeseburgers. Although Kelly tries to man up and follow her rules, he eventually melts down and tosses his burger off the balcony, leading Heather to believe he’ll never grow up. Meanwhile in Texas, kooky Christina bans rodeo, ranching and riding in favor of poetry, writing and painting. However, before she can even finish reading her rules, Calvin stages a walkout and takes his kids for a meat dinner. After the explosive rule change, Calvin takes the whole family to live in a trailer. Christina decides to persevere anyway and tries to introduce the family to interpretive dancing, but Calvin continues to shut her out, claiming, "real men don’t dance!" After two weeks in another home, can Heather Taylor bring the eccentric Brazenwoods one step closer to reality? And can Christina Brazenwood help the no-nonsense Taylors get in touch with their emotional sides?

"Wife Swap" is an RDF USA production. It was created by Stephen Lambert and is executive-produced by Mike Gamson and Michael Davies of Embassy Row ("Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Stephen Pettinger, Neil Regan, Julie Cooper and Will Nothacker are co-executive producers. Stef Wagstaffe is a consulting producer. "Wife Swap" is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

ABC Media Relations Contact:
Virginia Mastroianni (818) 460-6989, Virginia.m.mastroianni@abc.com
Photography is available at www.abcmedianet.com or at (818) 460-6611
[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kelly's Website[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kelly Lee Phipps, Astrologer, Novelist, Poet, Teacher
828-808-3512 kellyleephipps@gmail.com
[/FONT]

katydid

I really hope the show isn't edited in a way that makes astrologers look imbecilic. From the press release, it seems like they might- they call the astrologer KOOKY . oh oh, here goes...

freedomlover

katydid said:
I really hope the show isn't edited in a way that makes astrologers look imbecilic. From the press release, it seems like they might- they call the astrologer KOOKY . oh oh, here goes...

Well, I'm on the astrologer's e-mail list, and he wanted everyone to know he was on it. I guess he wasn't too displeased with it.

I think it's fine if they look "Kooky" in the sense that it's very different from the way the cowboy family lives. Just as long as they make the cowboy family look "Kooky" since they are very different from the way the astrologer's family lives. :D

katydid

freedomlover said:
Well, I'm on the astrologer's e-mail list, and he wanted everyone to know he was on it. I guess he wasn't too displeased with it.

I think it's fine if they look "Kooky" in the sense that it's very different from the way the cowboy family lives. Just as long as they make the cowboy family look "Kooky" since they are very different from the way the astrologer's family lives. :D

yes, however he probably hasnt seen the final edit yet. :eek:

But i do agree with you- as long as both seem a LITTLE kooky it is fine.

freedomlover

katydid said:
yes, however he probably hasnt seen the final edit yet. :eek:

But i do agree with you- as long as both seem a LITTLE kooky it is fine.

YIKES!!!:eek: I hadn't thought of that! Yeah, those reality shows can sure chop them up to make them look anyway they want.