Winter & Early Spring 2009: Transit Opportunities Not To Be Missed

Theo

Banned
WINTER & SPRING 2009: TRANSIT OPPORTUNITIES NOT TO BE MISSED
Get Ahead of 2009's Rough Transits By Planning & Action Early
By Theodore White, CSA

The current global economic crisis now sweeping the world will soon reach down to the street level in 2009, 2010 and into the next decade. It is important to gain a handle of what is happening, and how to survive in the times to come.

World transits clearly reflect the incredible events of 2007 and 2008 that is brining several nations to the brink of bankruptcy. At this time many national currencies are dropping in value, with the exception of the U.S. Dollar and Japanese Yen. What we are now witnessing is the first step in a series of severe economic contractions around the world that will greatly challenge all people in the months, and years to come.

The world is heading towards a series of planetary configurations mainly involving the planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto over the coming years from 2009 through to 2014. In between these years is the Cardinal Climax, where Saturn, Uranus and Pluto form a T-square from 2010 to 2012, more or less, with Jupiter adding to the mix with a strong square to Pluto, then an opposition to Saturn.

Saturn will continue its opposition to Uranus, and form a square to Pluto in Capricorn in 2010. Most of the Signs affected will be in the early degrees of the Cardinal Signs of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn, and the last degrees of the mutable signs of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius and Pisces.

THE CARDINAL CLIMAX AND AFFECTED BIRTHDATES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8H1IK7uQM&feature=related

MUNDANE ASTROLOGY & WORLD TRENDS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqZvkpQogDg&feature=channel

PART II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ00rZzKJaE&feature=channel

PART III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD0-mVK3pSA&feature=related

WORLD NEWS HEADLINES ON THE CRISIS
For the time being, cash will be king. Credit markets are closed, and even those with perfect credit cannot obtain financing to support their companies, get a car loan, or purchase a mortgage.

See ~ http://www.startribune.com/business/33081104.html?elr=KArks:DCiU1OiP:DiiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUU

Currency markets are very tight, with the currencies of many nations falling to levels not seen since the early 1970s ~

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081022/bs_afp/financeeconomyworld

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122489037635168565.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/business/25currency.html?ref=worldbusiness

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aS8AipCmldcM&refer=canada

HOW TO PREPARE & SURVIVE
World transits indicate that the current global crisis will continue long into the 2010s. Expect contractions of economies, i.e., recessions to deepen, lighten, and then deepen again with the transits of Jupiter (inflates prices) and Saturn (which deflates) combined with the motions of Uranus (which shocks by unexpected, and erratic actions.)

For some commentary on the global economic meltdown, see ~

http://www.alternet.org/workplace/1...or_the_worst_the_economy_has_to_offer/?page=1

The first of several oppositions between transiting Saturn in Virgo and Uranus in Pisces will occur on the day of the U.S. General Election on November 4. The other oppositions on the Virgo/Pisces axis indicate a series of ongoing crisis throughout the world directly related to the global economic meltdown.

Some of the influences of a Saturn/Uranus opposition is the effect on people:

- Unreliable individuals & groups
- Inconsistent attitudes
- Lawsuits, financial hardships
- Conflicts between old & new among friends & group associations
- Frustrations in attempts to change conditions
- Ulterior motives, dishonest people, cheating to get ahead
- Estrangement from former colleagues & friends
- Sudden reversals of fortune
- Rebellion, disassociation from former companies
- Open enemies
- Selfish people

The stresses of the Saturn's opposition to Uranus in 2009, 2010, and early 2011 will see a series of crisis that seems to be never-ending. This is due to the length of the opposition, since the superior planets move move slowly in their transits to one another. Therefore, expect the opposition to continue to have strong effects into the year 2011.

The best way to prepare is to keep a close watch on all world and local news and to plan in advance for the years ahead. Those looking to avoid the primary effects of the Saturn-Uranus opposition should take the time to build new alliances and relationships that are creative, and to take the time to be reliable, and not to force situations through selfishness, but to cooperate with others who cooperate with you. It is very important to avoid people looking for fights, causing mischief, cynics, looking for battles where there are none. Much time can be saved by avoiding people, groups and organizations that fail to work together via positive common interests.

Transiting Jupiter will leave tropical Capricorn and enter tropical Aquarius on January 5, 2009. The conjunction of transiting Mars & Jupiter with the Dragon's Head (the Moon's North Node) in Aquarius in the second and third weeks of February 2009 is an excellent planning time for those who want to get a head start for the new Astrological Year in March 2009.

The conjunction of Jupiter with the North Lunar Node allows those who seriously seek planning for the future to do so with this beneficial conjunction in Aquarius... Work on projects, look at the years 2009-2011 extensively and follow up on plans when Venus begins its "morning star" cycle eight (8) days after the vernal equinox on March 20, 2009.

WINTER & SPRING'S 2009 WINDOWS OF OPPORTUNITIES
Plan early, Initiate With Timing To Achieve Success in 2009/2010

Venus As Morning Star
March 2009 sees transiting Venus turning from evening star to morning star at the end of March. Venus will turn retrograde at 15-ARIES on March 6, 2009, and will begin to rise ahead of the rising Sun on March 28-29, 2009.

Venus' turn to "morning star" indicates a time of "looking ahead" that will last for ten (10) months until Venus turns to back to its evening star cycle on January 12, 2010.

This is an important time for those who are looking to start new lives, and who want to initiate their plans for the new astrological year, to get things going in 2009. The next 10 months from late March 2009 to January 2010 will allow those in the know to forge ahead with new creative projects, start new jobs, new careers, new lives.

The Spring of 2009 gets off to a decent start in April 17, 2009 as Venus turns direct at 29-PISCES, and re-enters Aries April 24. This helps new plans to get off, but there is a problem in early May ~ Mercury's retrograde.

MERCURY RETROGRADE (May 7 to May 31)
Slowdowns, Money Concerns & Confusion in Spring Extends Into Summer 2009

Mercury enters tropical Taurus on April 9th and via its coming retrograde in May, will remain in the constellation Taurus until June 14. This long transit includes a series of two strong fixed square aspects to Jupiter, Chiron and Neptune, all in tropical Aquarius. Money is tight, stress and frustrations high, and these extends deep into May, June, July, August, September to mid-October 2009.

These barriers and the resulting stress CAN be navigated and worked through creatively if your 2009 plans are intiated starting earlier in December 2008 and completed by April 23, 2009 -> Move to new places, start new jobs, careers, etc., between this period, and transits will assist your success for the remainder of the 2009 into 2010. Do not wait, nor waste this very valuable open global transit window, or you will regret it the rest of the year.

My advice is to those who want to be successful during 2009 is to plan accordingly and get your spring & summer plans (where you will live, new jobs, relationships, etc.) settled by April 23, 2009. Have it all done by that date in April and you will survive the remainder of 2009, and will also be well-placed to take advantage of the transits of 2010. Those who wait, who waste that valuable time will be playing catch-up all of 2010 after wasting nearly the entire year of 2009.

THE CAUSES:
Mercury stations retrograde at 1-GEMINI on May 7, 2009, after slowing considerably after its transit through Taurus in April. This retrograde will go back over the degrees it passed since at 22-TAURUS (April 23) and will re-contact this degree on May 29, 30, 31 and June 1, 2009 before turning stationary direct on May 31, 2009.

During the first 16 days of June 2009, a direct Mercury will gradually speed up and then enter Gemini June 14/15 just as the transiting Lunar Nodes on the Aquarius/Leo axis are reducing at 0-degrees before changing quality to the Capricorn/Cancer axis in late August. The lunar nodes are ending an 19/20-month era on the Aquarius/Leo axis it began in mid-December 2007. This quality turns from "fixed" to "cardinal" in late August 2009. Times are changing again...

Mercury's retrograde in May, and its slow transit before picking up speed by mid-June 2009 means that those who have plans to kick off during the spring months in the northern hemisphere should use the window that opens from March 29, 2009 to April 23, 2009, or have their plans (moving, etc.) seriously delayed and disorganized during the months of May & June leading to many frustrations during the spring & summer months that will not be resolved without great stress until October 2009.

This Mercury retrograde is in Taurus, which indicates that finances will a major concern and impediment for many people. The transit of Venus & Mars, together in Aries shows new couples, husbands and wives, partners, looking for new places to live, and wanting to sign leases during this time.

Finances are highlighted, as Taurus signifies money, and transiting retrograde Mercury works into its second series of tight square aspects to transiting Jupiter, Chiron & Neptune in Aquarius from mid-May until mid-June 2009. This second series of squares is very tight, unfavorable, and causes problems for people who've signed leases and moved into new homes, apartments during the Mercury retrograde of May and June.

The tight economic climate, added to Jupiter's retrograde in mid-June means that anyone who missed the window of opportunities in March and April 2009will have to move repeatedly in late June, July, August, and September, which will waste the entire summer for them, and most of the fall season, with most not being able to settle comfortably until October 2009.

We know not to sign leases or contracts during Mercury's retrograde motions, so many people unaware of this retrograde will have to move again in July and August 2009, which will cause further disruptions and upsets in relationships. By the time some of these couples get settled in their new homes, it will be August for some, and early September 2009 for others.

In order to avoid this: I advise moving into new cities, homes, apartments during the winter and very early spring months before April 23, 2009, and definitely before the May 7, 2009 retrograde of Mercury.

If this open window is missed, then expect significant delays in moving plans from April 23, 2009 to June 16, 2009 that will extend into July, August & September.

Therefore, to avoid having most of spring & summer considerably slowed down, it is essential to plan during the months of December 2008, January, February and March 2009, and then to complete all early 2009 plans BY April 23, 2009, or all plans will be greatly delayed for all of the following summer months and into the fall months.

This is also because of Jupiter's retrograde on June 15, 2009 to October 13, 2009 ~ which is a major delay for most projects, until the middle fall months of 2009. As Jupiter slows down in May 2009, transiting Saturn turns direct on May 16/17, 2009 at 14-VIRGO and will begin to re-apply to its opposition to Uranus by mid-September 2009.

With Venus in "morning star" cycle until January 12, 2010, this means that there will be only three (3) months of favorable transits after Jupiter's direct motion in October, before Venus turns back to evening star cycle in January 2010.

These global transit motions during 2009 will make for some tricky times ahead, and requires careful planning, scheduling and navigation without delay in acting on personal & professional goals by April 23, 2009.

Get an EARLY start this winter, work through December 2008, January, February 2009, and by March, know what you want, where to go, and how to get there. By April 23, 2009: be there. Then settle in, get to work, and relax over the spring & summer months while waiting for the New Moon of October 18th in Libra, which arrives five (5) days after Jupiter stations direct in motion.

Those who begin planning by December 2008 will have the best start, and will be the ones to reach and achieve their goals for 2009 before spring and summer's unfavorable world transits lead into November and December 2009s challenging transits.

LONG RANGE TRANSITS
It is also very important to realize that the world is changing rapidly. According to my calculations of world transits, we are entering a new era ~ a true decade of this new century.

The era of the late 20th century is coming to an end according to the transits of the outer planets of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto. All four (4) planets are heading towards three of the four cardinal signs between November 2008 and Spring 2011.

Expect extensive and long-lasting changes as we enter the new decade. The year 2009 is very important to apply well: planning is essential to make certain that you can be successful in your timing and plans to start new careers, new lives. Act during late winter and early spring, and use the winter months of 2009 as best as is possible to avoid wasting very valuable transit time due to theworld transits of spring & summer 2009.

TIPS & ADVICE:
Have your natal & progressed transits reviewed in detail by a professional astrologer for the next decade & plan accordingly

Be calm, but not ignorant of current events & news

Talk openly with friends & family and brainstorm on future plans

Honestly review your economic situation

Relocate to Areas You Know, or where you have family & friends

Plan to get out of debt

Save cash, spend wisely

Begin to find businesses you can create Barter Deals with

Find People of Common Interests and Form Alliances

Plan Moving Carefully

Cultivate a Positive Attitude

Visualize what you want in your life, and attract it to you with knowledge of the transits

Here are some lists of U.S. cities where transits show will have the hardest times recovering, also see in these links where careers, and new lives have the best & worst chances for starting over in 2009 in America's Least Vulnerable Towns ~

The Economy
America's Fastest-Dying Cities
http://www.forbes.com/business/2008/08/04/economy-ohio-michigan-biz_cx_jz_0805dying.html

Real Estate
America's Most & Least Vulnerable Towns
http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/09/cities-vulnerable-towns-forbeslife-cx_rr_1009vulnerable.html

In Depth: America's Most Vulnerable Towns
http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/09/ci...09mostvulnerable_slide_2.html?thisSpeed=15000

In Depth: America's Least Vulnerable Towns
http://www.forbes.com/2008/10/09/ci...009leastvulnerable_slide.html?thisSpeed=15000

Peace & Light

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

Thanks Theo, for your always deep in detail posts. Becoming 17 on March 6 of next year. I know that I have to make plans. Not only to make plans. But to evaulate myself and my being. Partially because of your informative posts. As a Native Pisces, I think I should try to take advantage of when Pisces is in Neptune. Is that a proper move?

Neptune Rising

Thank you Theo.
I am seeing now how it is important for people of like minds to stay together, friends and groups. Also to help each other and keep each other informed. Too much fear and negativity is spreading, and some seem to revel in it. I see it at work, out and about in town.. maintain faith in positivity and inner strength.

Im interested in Jupiter conjuncting my Sun in December, then conjuncting my ruler of 10th/7th Merc, and 5th, 9th, Venus. Im hoping to start a massage therapy business, wasnt sure how/when this happens, but this seems like a great time :)

NR

Theo

Banned
Confusedpisces said:
Thanks Theo, for your always deep in detail posts. Becoming 17 on March 6 of next year. I know that I have to make plans. Not only to make plans. But to evaulate myself and my being. Partially because of your informative posts. As a Native Pisces, I think I should try to take advantage of when Pisces is in Neptune. Is that a proper move?

You're welcome. Should you have any number of positions in Pisces, planetary, or near angles, then yes. You should also be looking forward to the coming Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Pisces in 2010, and yes, Neptune's transit into tropical Pisces in 2012. There's a lot of action in Pisces already with Uranus now deep in the middle of this tropical sign.

You should be feeling some of this now with Uranus' transit in Pisces, and as transiting Jupiter enters Pisces in January 2010, and makes conjunction with Uranus in the spring and summer of that year, you should also be close to the return of your natal lunar nodes as well. This means that 2010 will be a major year for you as well, and is a prelude to the 2010s for you with Neptune's entry in Pisces two years later.

Awakened_Pisces

I have Sun in Pisces(In Scorpio's 8th house). Funny thing is. In regards to 2010. I was hoping to meet and finalize my marriage dreams with my fiancee of several years now. Agreed to disagreed on mostly everything which I enjoyed. So I was thinking 2010. When I'm 18, as soon as I can. To jump in the water and have some fun.

Theo

Banned
Neptune Rising said:
Thank you Theo.
I am seeing now how it is important for people of like minds to stay together, friends and groups. Also to help each other and keep each other informed. Too much fear and negativity is spreading, and some seem to revel in it. I see it at work, out and about in town.. maintain faith in positivity and inner strength.

Im interested in Jupiter conjuncting my Sun in December, then conjuncting my ruler of 10th/7th Merc, and 5th, 9th, Venus. Im hoping to start a massage therapy business, wasnt sure how/when this happens, but this seems like a great time :)

NR

You're welcome NeptuneRising. World transits from December 2008 to mid-April 2009 is a very good opening for people who have to make changes in their lives because of the hard year most have had in 2008 and 2007. The coming transits from this December to mid-April 2009 contain good transits to survive the rest of 2009, which is a tough year for most because of the transits of Mercury, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

When transits of Jupiter conjoin your natal Sun, it often signals a change of "weather" so to speak. I treat it like a new moon aspect, as Jupiter's transit over the natal Sun position is helpful to make a new start. Now, although Jupiter doesn't often work well in Capricorn, what makes it different this year is the trine from Saturn in Virgo, which helps to stabilize Jupiter's energies in Capricorn.

Since Capricorn is a cardinal sign, this is a good time to plan, and to strategize about what you will do with a new business in 2009 and 2010. Use December 2008, January, February and most of March 2009 to lay some seeds down, and then kick things off on March 29 through April 23 ~ then allow the transits to work for you the rest of the year. Expect some slow downs during Mercury's retrograde in May, and a slight pickup in June, with summer being a time to review, and tweek what you need to improve as you go into 2010. Try not to put all your eggs into one basket ~ have a variety of business goals, and act on them. Timing is everything.

Neptune Rising

Theo said:
When transits of Jupiter conjoin your natal Sun, it often signals a change of "weather" so to speak. I treat it like a new moon aspect, as Jupiter's transit over the natal Sun position is helpful to make a new start. Now, although Jupiter doesn't often work well in Capricorn, what makes it different this year is the trine from Saturn in Virgo, which helps to stabilize Jupiter's energies in Capricorn.

Since Capricorn is a cardinal sign, this is a good time to plan, and to strategize about what you will do with a new business in 2009 and 2010. Use December 2008, January, February and most of March 2009 to lay some seeds down, and then kick things off on March 29 through April 23 ~ then allow the transits to work for you the rest of the year. Expect some slow downs during Mercury's retrograde in May, and a slight pickup in June, with summer being a time to review, and tweek what you need to improve as you go into 2010. Try not to put all your eggs into one basket ~ have a variety of business goals, and act on them. Timing is everything.

Thank you very much Theo that is so helpful. I can feel this happening, ideas are starting to formulate and I'm just trying to figure out how to go about them now. Sounds like a great time December, I'll do my best to use this time well.
NR

Theo

Banned
Neptune Rising said:
Thank you very much Theo that is so helpful. I can feel this happening, ideas are starting to formulate and I'm just trying to figure out how to go about them now. Sounds like a great time December, I'll do my best to use this time well.
NR

You're welcome. Remember, unemployment is rising, and will continue to do so well into 2009. Many people are finding themselves not only out of work, but also struggling to pay rent, and having to navigate the global economic crisis in the midst of some tough world transits.

December 2008 through April 23, 2009 provides a very good window of opportunities for people who need to find work, and new places to live. It comes during the time after the U.S. general election, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and extends into the winter and very early spring season in 2009, so using this window of transit opportunities is very important to avoid struggling even more after late April 2009 and the rest of next year.

Theo

Banned
Confusedpisces said:

You're welcome. The coming windows of opportunities between December and April, and again, between August and November should be used very well in order to bear fruit for 2010's successes.

Theo

Banned
Confusedpisces said:

The year 2009 presents a lot of opportunities for people should they get the right guidance on their transits for it. Each day, month, and year presents their own opportunities and affects individuals in a variety of ways. Neptune's transit in Pisces will have some effect on you, however, you should have your whole chart reviewed by a professional in order to plan accordingly for the future.

Awakened_Pisces

I consider you as professional as anybody out there :D. Because we're both Philadelphians. All Hail this great city and it's history. I remember being awed by Center City each and every day of my youth and my mom would drive me around it.

Delphia

Thank you so much or your post Theo! I plan to retire from my Day job April 09, so guess I am right on schedule. I (and lots of other baby boomers) have the Uranus square happening so I am sooo ready! I feel I am financially well prepared and look forward to more time for astrology practice and connecting with like minded people to help us move through this current transition. I have indeed appreciated reading your posts, and your latest was particulary helpful.

Theo

Banned
Delphia said:
Thank you so much or your post Theo! I plan to retire from my Day job April 09, so guess I am right on schedule. I (and lots of other baby boomers) have the Uranus square happening so I am sooo ready! I feel I am financially well prepared and look forward to more time for astrology practice and connecting with like minded people to help us move through this current transition. I have indeed appreciated reading your posts, and your latest was particulary helpful.

You're welcome Delphia. For many boomers who have lost their life savings in the massive leveraging of multiple financial products it is already too late. What we are seeing now is just the beginning of this. It will become painfully apparent in the decade of the 2010s.

As long as you have saved, and protected your savings, you will be ok, however, make sure that you are investing wisely so you have protection for the 2010s and 2020s.

MarieCamery

Yes thanks alot, have been feeling an urgent need for change--this explains whats going on, I have to be careful because uranus is heading toward my 2nd house moon opposing my 8th stellium. I will have to keep an eye on these transits carefully! Marie

emilyelizabeth

Theo,
This is great - thank you! I went looking for the AlterNet article you list here too and see that it looks like the link takes us to the front page which changes each day. Did you actually mean to list the link to this article published in Oct of this year?

Recession? Depression? How Deep, How Far and What Can Be Done?
http://www.alternet.org/workplace/102379/recession_depression_how_deep%2C_how_far_and_what_can_be_done/

-- scary stuff --
AlterNet also offers this primer:
Financial Meltdown 101
http://www.alternet.org/workplace/102672/financial_meltdown_101/

ee

astrop86

Though I am still relatively new to this, it does pique my interest as both from what I read on here, as well as reading the various independent news organizations around the world, it appears the world is collapsing around us, and few have come to this sad realization.

Theo, you have mentioned that the baby boomers that have invested and managed to avoid much of the problems that became publically evident in early October of 2008 will be okay. I am a little more concerned for those of us who are just starting out, those of us that are in our late teens or early to mid-twenties, as we are just graduating from college (or for the case of those slightly younger than me, highschool) and finding it absurdly ironic that we have studied for the past four or five years for a world that may not exist in the way we had planned for. Naturally coming out of college, we've managed to aquire a bit of debt, yet continue to work low-paying jobs to pay the bills until we graduate from college, up until now, believing that we would pay them off with the first few big checks from the beginnings of our careers.

Is there much our generation can do, particularly those of us who are starting out with seemingly nothing but a strong mind and ambitious efforts? If so, what would you recommend? Right now, I'm am trying for graduate school for a few years, as for my field, they tend to pay stipends and tuition for us.

rogue_red

Thanks theo, very informative and useful although with venus going stationary retrograde 2 degrees after my natal venus in aries and retrograding back over my asc im wondering just whats instore for me lol.

Theo

Banned
astrop86 said:
Though I am still relatively new to this, it does pique my interest as both from what I read on here, as well as reading the various independent news organizations around the world, it appears the world is collapsing around us, and few have come to this sad realization.

Theo, you have mentioned that the baby boomers that have invested and managed to avoid much of the problems that became publically evident in early October of 2008 will be okay. I am a little more concerned for those of us who are just starting out, those of us that are in our late teens or early to mid-twenties, as we are just graduating from college (or for the case of those slightly younger than me, highschool) and finding it absurdly ironic that we have studied for the past four or five years for a world that may not exist in the way we had planned for. Naturally coming out of college, we've managed to aquire a bit of debt, yet continue to work low-paying jobs to pay the bills until we graduate from college, up until now, believing that we would pay them off with the first few big checks from the beginnings of our careers.

Is there much our generation can do, particularly those of us who are starting out with seemingly nothing but a strong mind and ambitious efforts? If so, what would you recommend? Right now, I'm am trying for graduate school for a few years, as for my field, they tend to pay stipends and tuition for us.

Yes, there is. Right now, as you know, the economic crisis facing the world has stagnated many careers, including those just starting out. One of the things you can do just coming out of college in this climate is to navigate this year according to the global transits. This would mean outlining a general plan for ten (10) months from March 26, 2009 to about January 12, 2010, and planting the seeds for success throughout 2009.

Even the older establishment generation is feeling the pinch, and some of this generation does not have enough savings to retire, because of the loss of trillions in the world stock markets, and national economies. The contraction of economies is a part of the failure of this generation to stop the outragous excesses of leveraging in the world financial system.

Try not to worry so much about debt this year, as too much is in flux globally, and frankly, most people are just thinking about the basics. One of the problems here, regarding psychology of people is that most have gotten used to a certain lifestyle, and the shock of what's happened globally in the world economy has most people still dazed and confused by it all. Much of this will continue into spring, but with the new world transits just ahead in 2009, it is best to be calm, cool, and collected and avoid those who prefer to look back and want things they way they were. That is a waste of time because the global transits clearly say to look ahead. That is where your concentration and efforts should be ~ straight forward.

Your generation should concentrate on urban areas, and direct your efforts towards looking for employment in fields that are up and coming. Because of the high unemployment rates, expect lots of competition in many fields of employment, but the mid-spring and summer months will be challenging until lending to companies eases up, which I expect to occur in late March, and into April and then a slowdown because of the Mercury retrograde in May into June 2009. The summer is a bit slow too, through to July. However, with the transiting Lunar Nodes changing quality in late August, expect that month, into September, and October to bring some relief.

Overall, 2009 will be a challenging year due to the events of the last eight years. Avoid negative people, and those wasting time. There is no transit to waste this year (or next) rather, focus on positive people, network, and look at new areas and new careers, and plan to make changes that will last for you positively into the 2010s.

Last edited:

astrop86

Somehow I feel slightly protected by being in the physical sciences with some experience already in my field. As long as they don't cut the NSF budget, I personally might be able to make it out. Now I just have to figure out how to help my mom and sister, as none of us have really anything in terms of monetary wealth. While that isn't an issue for me, as I see wealth in a much different and positive light, it does become an issue when trying to pay back bills and such.