2017 Eclipse U.S.A

rahu

Banned

Attachments

• astro_2gw_2013_eclipse_2017_81655_24116.jpg
    astro_2gw_2013_eclipse_2017_81655_24116.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 36
the first total eclipse visible only in the USA/ . since 1776
There was also an annular eclipse (a total solar eclipse) in 1811 and another total eclipse in 1918.

However, I would like to talk about the chart of the 2017 solar eclipse. Pluto will be square to Jupiter, and Jupiter is also square to Venus, and Venus is square to Uranus. There are also some strong trines at this eclipse between Saturn and Mars/Node, and Uranus trine Sun/Moon. Scorpio is rising and the Pluto square Jupiter alignment is pointing to an earthquake.

Jupiter is moving into opposition with Uranus during September with a strong kite formation.

Even more important, the solar eclipse on August 21, 2017 has its longest duration, that is its peak gravitational influence on the Earth's crust, exactly over the New Madrid Seismic Zone.

If there isn't a major earthquake on August 21, 2017, it will soon follow in September.

The significance of all the trines occurring in government and industry (Saturn and Mars) and the startled people (Uranus and Sun/Moon) is that the country will come together and heal rapidly. There will be lots of heroes making extraordinary sacrifices for the good of others.

rahu

Banned
Inuit elders have stated the sun is rising higher in the sky.. so the obliquity is increasing. I wonder if this change will affect the location of the eclipse path?

rahu

Culpeper

Premium Member
This really is a very favorable eclipse for the USA due to the trine and sextile aspects in the eclipse chart. The eclipse will be in the Sun's own sign of Leo. There is no indication of a major earthquake. People living in the USA could use this eclipse for a favorable electional chart to start something new.

CapAquaPis

1776 - independence of the USA (the path of totality misses the mainland).
1918 - Our short involvement (and supposed victory) in WW1 as superpower.
2017 - First US president w/o experience in politics nor the armed forces.

There were 3 total solar eclipses: March 7, 1970 (Eastern seaboard - also Mexico), Feb. 26, 1979 (Pacific Northwest - obscured by clouds) and Jul. 11, 1991 (Hawaiian Islands and Mexico - both tip of Baja and Mexico city area).

1970 was when Liberal Democrats were the strongest, 1979 when conservative Republicans organized to "take back America" and 1991 the end of the cold war.

These were significant years in US history. Also prepare for the 2024 and 2045 solar eclipses (Hopkinsville, KY will have 3 total solar eclipses in this century).

Culpeper

Premium Member
Some christians may be frantic over some very bad mundane astrology. We may all be doomed in the long run, but in the short term the charts are favorable for the USA. This eclipse is only seen here and that is where its effects will be seen. The eclipse chart has some very favorable aspects. One is the sextile aspect of Jupiter and Saturn in mutual application. This is very favorable for the chart in general and for the matters covered by the houses these planets rule in the chart.

SteveGus

Traditionally, eclipses generally don't bring good news. From the excerpts on the Skyscript site:

Eclipses in Leo portend death or misfortune for royalty, nobility and 'persons of quality'; the ruination and destruction of ancient buildings, palaces and churches; division amongst the clergy, the besieging of towns, and a scarcity of horses and grain.
Of particular interest is the fact that the eclipse is conjunct with Regulus, the heart of the lion. (29 Leo) Traditionally, it relates to rulers. Regulus rising or on the midheaven is a sign of royalty. A darkened sun conjunct Regulus would appear to bode ill for the ruler of the land. From Robson's Fixed Stars:

With Sun: Power, authority, great influence over friends, honor and riches, but violence, trouble and ultimate disgrace and ruin, sickness, fevers, benefits seldom last.

With Moon: Occult interests, powerful friends, danger from enemies and false friends, gain by speculation, public prominence, great power, honor, wealth, benefits seldom last, violence, trouble and sickness. Make women high spirited and independent. If at the same time the Sun is with the Dragon's Head in Gemini, or Jupiter is in the 10th house in trine to Mars and the Sun is with the Dragon's Head, great preferment even from the lowest sphere to high rank.
The business about buildings being destroyed is worrisome. Given the territory the eclipse path passes over, the long feared reactivation of the New Madrid fault line may be indicated. This may take several months or years to come about, but again that path is truly ominous. The path also passes by both Mt. Hood, and the Yellowstone caldera; it too is overdue for an eruption. Mars is lord of the ascendant in the place of maximum totality (Hopkinsville KY) and Saturn is in the first house. Retrograde Mercury, strong in Virgo, is on the midheaven.

This may be the crisis that breaks Trump, as well. Remember Bush II's incompetent response to Hurricane Katrina? When the earth swallows up St. Louis, the shortcomings of the Trump administration, born of cronyism and tax cutting austerity, will be there for the world to see.

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
"A darkened sun conjunct Regulus would appear to bode ill for the ruler of the land." Well then there is that. But the ancient astrologers warn us to be careful about making such predictions.

SteveGus

"A darkened sun conjunct Regulus would appear to bode ill for the ruler of the land." Well then there is that. But the ancient astrologers warn us to be careful about making such predictions.

For better or for worse, I've already given Trump several reasons to chop off my head if he is so inclined. :whistling:

dr. farr

Trump-born on a lunar eclipse-will (I think) get a boost from this forthcoming Solar eclipse, at least as I have delineated it (using maximum obscuration time @ the population center of the US, ie 1:30 PM @ Plato, Missouri)-however, the good fortune for Trump will reverse itself after a time; overall I consider the forthcoming eclipse very unfortunate in general, but I'll be posting my take on this in a forthcoming thread.

dr. farr

The Eclipse will be near Regulus, but over a degree away; however, the Eclipse is right on (same degree as) the star al-Jabhah, being only some minutes away from exact. From my perspective, while the Eclipse will transduce Regulus energies somewhat, it will primarily conduct the energies of al-Jabhah into the world field, since the Eclipse is pretty much right on that star.

(for al-Jabhah's nature and quality of energies, see Robson,or constellationsofwords,com)

The Cat astrologer

I see that the chart is made for Washington, but the eclipse is most visible on Carbondale.
I am not expert on mundane astrology, do you confirm that we must use the chart of Washington?
Anyway comparing it with the chart of the USA it doesn't seem so positive:
1) The eclipse is opposite the birth Moon (lord 8th!);
2) Neptune lord of tempests and hurricanes conjunct the IC (although separating by retrogradation).
3) Saturn opposite Mars (lord of the radical 12th)
4) Venus opposite Pluto (lord of death) wich also receives a square from Uranus.
5) Mercury is squaring Uranus
6) Jupiter is trining natal Mars
7) Venus is conjunct Mercury, I think this is important, but I am not sure what to think about it

This makes me think that something big is going to happen, what do you think? natural disaster or war/terrorist attack?
The eclipse itself in the event chart 4is trining Uranus and there is an interesting Saturn-Mars trine that sestiles Jupiter (Mars is on Algenubi).
Still Mercury lord 10th seems well in Virgo, although it doesn't receive any aspect (except a loose opposition to Neptune).

Last edited:

dr. farr

I am not expert on mundane astrology, do you confirm that we must use the chart of Washington?

The great majority of Mundane experts, past and present, always use (and continue to use) the capitol of a country for mundane maps, eclipse, lunation, ingress, yearly revolution, etc.

An exception was radical Modernist astrologer Johndro (1920's-early 1950's), who taught that the population center should be used, or-for long range weather or geological trend determinations-the geographic center should be used.

Experimenting with this concept, I have become convinced that using the population center (of a larger country*) for erecting mundane charts, yields more accurate maps than charts erected for the national capitol-hence my study of the forthcoming eclipse is based on the chart erected for the US center of population (Plato, Missouri)

Thank you for comparing elements of the US birth chart with the upcoming eclipse chart:biggrin:!

(*by "larger country" I mean the USA, Canada, Brazil, Russia, India, China, Australia, Mexico; for smaller countries I still pretty much use the national capitol as mundane chart location)

katydid

Al Jabhah:
Influences of the 8th Arabic Moon Mansion Al Jabhah: Strengthens buildings, promotes love, benevolence, and help against enemies. [Robson*, p.71.]

Al Jabhah:
Of the nature of Saturn and Mercury. It gives loss and many dangers, a violent and intemperate nature, and to a military officer danger of mutiny and murder by his soldiers. These characteristics are most marked when the star is rising. [Robson*, p.128.]

detectahead

The time given for the eclipse at Washington DC is 2:42 pm. We are observing DST presently. Real time is 1:32 pm. Washington is 5 hrs difference from Greenwich. If you notice the universal time on given chart is 18:30. Subtract 5 hrs equals 13:30 or 1:30pm.
The 2 minutes increases cusp lines by about 30 minutes. No effect on planets
Not trying to create excitement Just pointing it out

Last edited:

dr. farr

The time given for the eclipse at Washington DC is 2:42 pm. We are observing DST presently. Real time is 1:32 pm. Washington is 5 hrs difference from Greenwich. If you notice the universal time on given chart is 18:30. Subtract 5 hrs equals 13:30 or 1:30pm.
The 2 minutes increases cusp lines by about 30 minutes. No effect on planets

In the US population center map (Plato Missouri) I use the time 1:30(10) (local time)

Bjorkstrand

On september 17 1811 the eclipse path is very similar to the up and coming August 21 eclipse path

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEsearch/SEsearchmap.php?Ecl=18110917

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1811–12_New_Madrid_earthquakes

16 december 1811 the new madrid earthquakes began.

The august 21 eclipse happens right over st louis. So it looks like some time after in the fall of this year a monster earthquake will rock the new madrid "fault".

Any guesses on when? October 23 area looks interesting.

I wouldn't want to live in St Louis.

Jim