What do you look for in a pro astrologer?

estrella

Here are some questions for those that have had professional astrology done. What services did you get and what did you pay? Did you feel the fee was reasonable? Did you get computer generated interpretations, or did the astrologer write out your analysis? Did the astrologer do a taped analysis, if so did you like it? Did the astrologer work at home or have an office? What services would you like to receive from an astrologer, and what would you think is reasonable payment? Do you have a good astrologer whose services you use, if so who is it?

EJ53

Banned
estrella said:
...What services did you get and what did you pay? Did you feel the fee was reasonable? Did you get computer generated interpretations, or did the astrologer write out your analysis? Did the astrologer do a taped analysis, if so did you like it? Did the astrologer work at home or have an office? What services would you like to receive from an astrologer, and what would you think is reasonable payment? Do you have a good astrologer whose services you use, if so who is it?

I had a consultation about 15 years ago.......At the time, I had a good understanding of my own chart/natal astrology but was seeking a new direction in life (after retiring from my career/work) and wanted an analysis of the related progressions/transits.....(as I couldn't then interpret them myself).

At to-day's prices, it cost some £50 pounds (UK).........For which I got a face-to-face consultation, taped for me to keep/consult later....The astrologer kept the charts he'd prepared, in case I needed to consult (for free) again by telephone rather visiting his home (from where he worked).

I found the whole experience educational and uplifting.......and would happily have paid more for the "astrology lesson", although he uncovered little more than I'd already managed to do myself. And, because I know how much work is involved in chart analysis, I'd certainly pay $250 dollars to consult the professional astrolgers that participate on this forum.......But, I'd be picking their brains about astrology rather than seeking answers to specific problems in my life.

EJ:)

natasa812

Dear Estrella,
I also went to a professional astrologer. What I wanted to know was ``near future`` - like the next year predictions. So, I think that he probably did some progresions or transitions or whatever...
It was 1 hour in his office. His office is at his home but nicely separated.
I payed about 35-40 euros (for exact amount I have to convert...)
I think that it is resonable amount (for Balkans at least)
It was computer - based chart but he did his own analysis.
He was recording his verbal analysis and gave me a tape after.
No, I don`t have my ``own`` astrologer - advicer but I would love to use services of many members on this site and I probably will in the future.
I can say, briefly, that it was what I expected - and even more - he pointed at some weak spots concerning my health, mistakes I make in my love life (like geting myself involved with water signs), a good career change that could bring me better income, he predicted new things to come, told me that the curent flirt I had has nothing good in him (lately I found out this by myself - how bad person, hypocrite and with no respect for women he was), telling me in which direction I should turn in order for my ``arrows`` to find a target (meaning I should chanel my energy in more effective way in order to achieve my goals and, obviously, to stay healthy and to become happier person).
Nice man indeed...

And about the price, this astrologer lives far away from the capital city, in the capital city they charge 50, 100 or even 200 euros, depending on a reading. About this one, I was acctualy in my cottage near the mountain, wild nature anyway, there is a small burgh near and we went for some wedding with my mother (Pisces) and her best friend (what else) - Cancer. And I thought that, since we are leaving the mountain and the wild nature, before we go to the wedding, we can visit the astrologer who lives in other small burgh about 20 km away from the wedding place (7 km + 20 km + 20 km back + 7 km to the house...), my mother got (another) nervous brake down with me ``constantly traveling`` but her Cancer friend was very happy because this visit to astrologer made me``feel well``... Not to tell that we were late for the wedding because the Cancer friend is driving 35 km / hour because she wants to feel ``safe``...

Last edited:
S

starnoud

I would prefer a new world (society) where the individual is the only one who does the interpretation for him or herself. For that, it is needed to teach astrology at school, starting at day 1, in whatever way. To find out our own chart, themes, clues, problems, talents, destinations... I think that is still the best way.

I had too many readings that were not helping me at all. Professional ones.

EJ53

Banned
Chimerical said:
....I tend to agree..

I guess most (maybe all) astrologers will agree.......But, unfortunately the Education Authorities tend not to.......Let's hope things change in the future.

EJ:)

natasa812

I can understand what are you talking about. I partualy agree because of course, I am the one who knows myself in the best way and what am I able or not able to do. But there are astrologers, and at this point a talent comes in to the story, who can interpret the chart and ``feel`` what is for the clients best interest, what are his directions in life and so on. And this talent is more then just calculating and printing a chart from a computer.
Like my piano teacher used to tell me: Music is 98% hard work and only 2% talent but, there were kids (including me) not having this 2% and you could hear it at our concerts - you could just tell the diference after first few tones...
I see astrologers in the same way - some of them have this talent and some of them not. Both groups work on computer based charts and have similar interpretations but there is something missing...