What aspects in synastry may show an «unilateral» atraction?

Lissa

Hi everyone!

Well,I don't know if I explained myself clearly in the thread title.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell what are the aspects that,in a synastry chart,show that one person feels atracted but the other person doesn't.Like those relationships where one person is absolutely crazy about the other but the atraction/love isn't really mutual.

Have fun in the New Year's Eve
And have a great year :D

akpastro

Hi there,

I've noticed that conjunctions, trines and sextiles to the ascendant, especially by the sun cause attraction. And it's usually the "sun" who experiences the attraction. The ascendant-person might not feel the same way. Somehow the ascendant of somebody else if in aspect, especially conjunct your sun, might make you "vibrate", because in that case (conjunction) the ascendant somehow expresses your inner self. Obviously that's not enough to make some long-term relationship work.

Venuslure

Also I've noticed house placements can cause an imbalance of attraction. For instance one person may have there Venus in the other persons 7th house(the house of partners and marriage). While the second person might have planets in 'unromantic' houses(like the 10th, 11th, 9th, 2nd, 3rd). Thus the attraction isn't as mutual. Just a thought:eek:

Catatonia

Venuslure said:
Also I've noticed house placements can cause an imbalance of attraction. For instance one person may have there Venus in the other persons 7th house(the house of partners and marriage). While the second person might have planets in 'unromantic' houses(like the 10th, 11th, 9th, 2nd, 3rd). Thus the attraction isn't as mutual. Just a thought:eek:

The STRONGEST attraction can be explained through angularity. Houses 1, 4, 7, and 10 are all angular houses. Romantic attraction doesn't necessary NEED a backup of, let's say, the 5th or 7th to explain itself. Partners also have midpoint overlaps. Sun/Venus midpoint falling in another person's 7th, for example, find tons of attraction too.

Thought I'd throw that in there...

BTW, the 2nd is all about value and who/what we value. The 3rd regards communication and who with/how we communicate. The 9th deals with travel, higher education, vision, and law. This may indicate having a travel partner, someone special you meet in college, someone you invision...or just your lawyer. Attraction can be indicated by any house :)

Catatonia

Venuslure

Also when someone's personal planets are aspected more than the other persons, personal planets especially Moon, Sun, Venus...I've seen charts where one person Moon was aspect at least 9 times compared to the other persons whose Moon was aspected just twice. When you have aspects like Moon conjunction Mercury or Moon conjunction Saturn, the Moon person of course feels it more deeply(I believe the Moon plays a more important role in a person interworkings more so than any other planet in a natal chart, including the Sun). This is of course my personal view and personal experience.

Betelgeuse

I know a method that helped me.

The synastry has two circles, ok we all know that, don't shoot me, but swicthing the circles can be a big factor.

The inner circle shows the person affected by the outer circle according to the houses. So let's take like this example:

X is the guy that likes Y, does Y like X?

Take thier synastry:

X is inner, Y is outer.
The houses used by X's chart can show how receptive or emisive he is to Y according to the fellings. If the synastry Y's planets are more in the unpaired houses ( 1/3/5/7/9/11 ), then Y will take longer to like X. Y is less interested.
Let's reverse:
Y is inner, X is outer.
If we take Y as inner circle, if X has lot's of planets in paired houses ( 2/4/6/8/10/12 ) more than the impaired houses, he is more receptive in fellings in the relationship and more interested than Y.
This shows X was the one who likes Y, but Y needs more time and more events to make Y interested in X.

Francesca

The above answers are really interesting. I'll have to take note in the future. In my experience, I have to say conjunctions to the asc. make for mutual attraction, though. Anyway, there's one thing no one considered, and that is an aspect in one person's chart that inclines them to onesided attractions. That would be something like a square from Neptune to venus/moon. This person may have a history of picking partners who are unavailable to them in one way or another, sometimes emotionally.

lagosta

I don’t believe in “unilateral” attraction but I think that house overlays in synastry could indicate some attraction felt only by one person.

E.g.: If he have is venus in your 5th house you could se him in romantic terms but if his venus don’t like your “style” I think that you are the only one to feel the attraction.

Last edited:

lagosta

Well this is just a logical thought like I said a Venus could be in house 5 or 7 of the partner so the person of the house my feel that the Venus person has is Ideal of partner (special in 7th house).

But the Venus person not necessary views the other in the some way so this creates the “unilateral” feeling. It’s very possible to happened the reverse…:rolleyes:

Well it’s just a theory :D

Francesca

Oh, I'm glad you clarified that. I thought you meant there are never truly unilateral feelings. Now I understand you. Thanks

Francesca

Lagosta, your opinion is as valid as anyone's but I can tell you in caps THAT I'D LOVE TO HAVE A GOOD OBSESSIVE LOVE RELATIONSHIP RIGHT NOW!!! What do you mean time consuming? Everything is time consuming, and it's more interesting to be consumed by passion than by boredom. Vive la Pluto/Venus!!!

Lissa

Francesca said:
Lagosta, your opinion is as valid as anyone's but I can tell you in caps THAT I'D LOVE TO HAVE A GOOD OBSESSIVE LOVE RELATIONSHIP RIGHT NOW!!! What do you mean time consuming? Everything is time consuming, and it's more interesting to be consumed by passion than by boredom. Vive la Pluto/Venus!!!

I can understand what you mean,Francesca.Boredom is also my WORST enemy.But,believe me,Pluto/Venus relationships tend to be more about obsession than about love.The Pluto person usually does lots of things that end up hurting the Venus person,even though the person doesn't really mean to hurt the other.The Venus person often keeps running after the Pluto person,desesperatly trying to win his/her attention and approval,trying all kinds of aproaches to do so.I have my Moon/Mercury/Venus in Aries so I prefer it when things are light and fun.So,this is just my personal opinion ;)

All the best,
Lissa

Lissa

I was just thinking about that "house overlays" thing,and I was wondering if you consider the7th house to be an exception.Since the 7th is the Descendant's house,which shows the type of person who we're atracted to,when someone's personal planets fall on your 7th house,isn't it supposed to produce a very strong atraction towards that person?(I'm just guessing,please correct me if I'm wrong:eek: )

lagosta

Lissa said:
I was just thinking about that "house overlays" thing,and I was wondering if you consider the7th house to be an exception.Since the 7th is the Descendant's house,which shows the type of person who we're atracted to,when someone's personal planets fall on your 7th house,isn't it supposed to produce a very strong atraction towards that person?(I'm just guessing,please correct me if I'm wrong:eek: )

Maybe yes maybe no. Yeah that person venus could overlay 7th house but as i said the venus person may not fell a special attraction to house person.:)

I say this because the girl that i like has is venus in my 7th house unfortunately she doesn't fell the same to me :eek:

I have venus in virgo she have venus in aquarius it's not necessary to say anything more :p

Yeah i'm crazy!

Note: Lissa very nice post about pluto i hate pluto aspects they could ruin you life:banana:

Belgianmoonguy

lagosta said:
Maybe yes maybe no. Yeah that person venus could overlay 7th house but as i said the venus person may not fell a special attraction to house person.:)

I say this because the girl that i like has is venus in my 7th house unfortunately she doesn't fell the same to me :eek:

I have venus in virgo she have venus in aquarius it's not necessary to say anything more :p

Yeah i'm crazy!

Note: Lissa very nice post about pluto i hate pluto aspects they could ruin you life:banana:

Virgo and Aqua aren't necessarily not attracted to each other...

As Virgo Moon, two of my relations were with Aqua Moon and as Virgo Rising, i once had a relation with a Aqua Rising

But if we look at of from longevity point of the relation... Well, you could be right :D

Lissa

Lagosta,

I bet you've been in a "Venus-Pluto" relationship before.You can only understand the power of Venus-Pluto contacts in synastry once you've experienced them:p

I'm under the Venus opposite Pluto type of atraction right now,altough I'm the Pluto person.Let's add it to the fact that I'm a teenager.Us teengaers have crazy hormones and tend to get obsessed with their relantionships with the opposite sex(in my case,with boys:p ),and so you get a pretty good idea of how stupid and annoying Venus-Pluto contacts can be.Well,I bet you probably have a good idea about how that feels anyway lol.

All the best,
Lissa;)

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Fullmoondawn said:
When your Venus is conjunct, square or in opposition to someones Pluto then this is one of the most potent cross-aspects for sexual and emotional attraction. Although both people are generally attracted to each other, it is the Venus person who is the most enthralled and even obsessed with Pluto—Venus is consumed with the attraction. Ultimately, it is the Pluto person who has the upper hand in terms of whether the relationship is going to endure.

:38: I was reading this and had such a good laugh, tears were rolling down my face. My best friend of 30 some years has Venus in in an early degree of Virgo. Our entire generation and then some have Pluto in early Virgo.... all of these years we just thought she was "loose and easy". :eek: She never lacked a date until she would smother them and they would run off.

TK