The Lunar Nodes Change Quality: Pisces & Virgo - 22 June 2007 - Dec. 18, 2007

Theo

Banned
The Lunar Nodes Change Quality: Pisces & Virgo - 22 June 2006 - Dec. 18, 2007

The Dragon's Head & Tail
The Lunar Nodes Change Quality
Pisces/Virgo - 22 June 2006 to Dec. 18, 2007

By Theodore White; Judicial astrologer
June 2006 -- A New era is about to begin with the entry of the transiting Lunar North Node into tropical Pisces, and the Lunar South Node into tropical Virgo on 22 June.

Arriving just a day after the start of the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere, and the winter solstice in the southern hemisphere, the Dragon's Head enters tropical constellation Pisces for a 18.6 month transit as the Dragon's Tail transits through tropical constellation Virgo.

This nodal "change of quality" is mutable with the North Lunar Node being ruled by Jupiter/Uranus/Neptune and the South Lunar Node ruled by Mercury, the traditional ruler of Virgo.

As the nodes pass out of the cardinal mode of quality of Aries/Libra (where it has been since 26 December 2004, the world is entering a new nodal era ruled mainly by Jupiter and Mercury - an intense, and changing 18-month cycle that presages the future times of the coming decade of the 2010s.

This nodal era transit along the axis of Pisces/Virgo can bring about a new sense of beginnings for people all over the globe as the issues from events since late Dec. 2004 end and mark the opening of a powerful global cycle from June 2006 to mid-December 2007 under the direction of Jupiter (judgement, leadership, spirit) and that of Mercury (discrimination, discernment, details). This nodal cycle, by the time it has completed itself in December 2007 will have presaged the decade ahead of the 2010s, and asks of us to prepare in advance.

During the transit of the Dragon's Head in Pisces and the Dragon's Tail in Virgo, there will be six solar and lunar eclipses:

7 September 2006 - Lunar Eclipse 15/PISC
22 September 2006 - Solar Eclipse 29/VIRG

3-4 March 2007 - Lunar Eclipse 12/VIRG
18-19 March 2007 - Solar Eclipse 28/PISC

*28 August 2007 - Lunar Eclipse 4/PISC:
(close to the Synetic Vernal Point at 5/PISC)
11 September 2007 - Solar Eclipse 18/VIRG

These transits are mutable and release energies across the globe that will play strong parts in the world's weather, seismic activity, and a wide range of global issues that have been left unresolved. Some of the most powerful earthquakes can take place during the transit of the lunar nodes in mutable signs such as Pisces and Virgo. Care should be taken to monitor volcanic activity related to the synergy of line-ups of the Earth-Moon-Sun, and the combination of transits between late June 2006 to mid-December 2007.

Transiting Jupiter, after it makes ingress into tropical Sagittarius in late November 2006, will square the Lunar nodes several times during 2007, causing economic stresses, among other events. However, it is the entry of Saturn into tropical Virgo in early September, and its conjunction to the Dragon's Tail in October 2007 that is cause for concern.

The lunar nodes often presage the future, and when planets cross these nodes, particularly at conjunction, there is a need to pay attention to the sign, in Saturn's case, that of Virgo - where Saturn will start a long transit (Sept. 2007 - July 2010) and in the process will oppose Uranus in Pisces (2008-2010) while Jupiter heads to conjunction with Uranus, and it's own opposition to Saturn (2010-2011).

The Jupiter/Uranus conjunction and opposition to Saturn is quite powerful at the end of the decade of the 2000s, and presages that at least six-to-seven years of the decade of the 2010s will be difficult at best. Uranus will enter Aries in the early 2010s, and produce a long-running, and malefic square to Pluto in tropical Capricorn. Meanwhile, Saturn will transit through the signs Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius - a difficult 7.5-year transit cycle at best.

This presage means using the time between 2006-2010 to prepare in advance for the major and extended economic downturn and global problems of the 2010s.

The transits of the Lunar Nodes through Pisces/Virgo reveals the ability for many people aware of this transit and to be creative in their planning for the next decade. Avoiding excessive waste, saving monies, and overall preparation to improve matters using the North Node's transit through Pisces is very helpful. Meanwhile, the South Lunar Node's transit through Virgo highlights the need to take care of the details (Mercury) by checking documents, situations, etc., carefully, several times, to avoid the crystalizing effect of Saturn when it begins to transit tropical Virgo between September 2007 through July 2010.

Expect rising prices worldwide, as markets continue financial corrections. Energy prices remain high, but are forecasted to drop, with sometimes wild swings in prices due to world events during the transit of the Dragon's Head & Tail along the Pisces/Virgo axis. Housing prices stagnate, and begin a long drop that opens a buyers market beginning in 2007.

Interest rates, and mortgage rates will continue to climb during this mutable lunar nodal transit. Bond markets are negative. Careful consideration of future economics over the longer time is wise to begin during this nodal transit in Pisces/Virgo. Expect prices to rise, while real earnings/wages, fall. This is a time to improve one's economic positions by searching for the new, and the steady - and using this nodal transit towards reaching positive and life-changing goals.

The transit of Uranus in Pisces ahead of the North Lunar Node, and the position of Pallas in Pisces in 2007 there gives many people the ability ward off the problems of the 2010s (economic for the most part) while giving time during the 18.6 month transit of the Lunar Nodes in Pisces/Virgo to make the changes required to bolster one's personal/professional positions by the end of the year 2010.

Times are changing, can you feel it?

Last edited:

HH

I'm looking forward to this exciting time although I don't know much about influence of nodes transitting natal planets. I have 17 Pisces Sun (10th house) and 18 Virgo moon (4th house) with 7 Pisces midheaven so just the
Uranus transit has already been interesting with an opportunity to do the work I've always wanted in an environment I've dreamed of. Pluto is nearing my Dsc however (27 Sag) and relating has intensified! Natal north node is 2 Capricorn. I will add that my new life was made possible by the Sat/Pluto transitting squaring my natal, angular full moon -- which cleaned me out in every way! As Theo says, I except an economic downturn and am planning on paying off my house next year and investing in a rental - this after a lifetime of no financial planning and hand in mouth living! I hope my plans realize. Read Ray Merrimon's site for financial predictions.

Lorielle

Not sure what to expect... My natal south node is in Pisces... and this is opposite of that. 8 Pisces Sun, 6 Pisces s. node... so I have some time to prepare. :)

Kite

Well this must be the transit that brought me to the board today to figure out the huge shift of energy I've felt today.

Since my natal Jupiter sits in the middle of a boomerang and kite at 29:54 Virgo, I can see why I feel like I'm riding in a submarine.

Of course the Sun squaring all of this doesn't help so I guess I will submerge and look for mermaids..............

Theo

Banned
Kite said:
Well this must be the transit that brought me to the board today to figure out the huge shift of energy I've felt today.

Since my natal Jupiter sits in the middle of a boomerang and kite at 29:54 Virgo, I can see why I feel like I'm riding in a submarine.

Of course the Sun squaring all of this doesn't help so I guess I will submerge and look for mermaids..............

Hi Kite,

Well, a natal Jupiter position there, at that degree of Virgo, with the crossing of the South Lunar node will have its impact, but remember to look at your own natal transits as a "whole" - and know that no matter how difficult a particular aspect may be - the kite, for instance - that you always have options, alternatives. They are there. Look for them in your own transits.

Also, try not to forget about your secondary progressions, as they often will reveal the true situations, and offer "outs" which really just are other transits, that perhaps, you have not used, or applied in some time. These kind of positive transits/aspects - depending on the players, can certainly be of positive use to correct situations that may stress (and those of the world, the people around us, society, etc.)

Often, these nodal crossings highlight the near-to-medium term future (and longer in mundane cycle charts) so, there's time to look at, say, what your natal Jupiter is trying to show you. For instance, note the position of transiting Mars, now in tropical Leo, but in Virgo by August, and in early September. Mars will cross the transiting lunar south node by the very end of August 2006 and into September.

That is a malefic transit, strong from September 1 to about September 14, overall. Look to avoid it, generally, by simply sidestepping negative social, personal situations that could rise to the level of violence (meaning generally in the world) and cooling out, setting positive, forward-looking goals, while making sure to stay away from people who lean toward the negative in life. That Mars/S. Lunar Node conjunction is bad news transit wise. Situations are building just now... through summer in the northern hemisphere, and in the southern hemisphere as well. This summer ends badly, is short, with winter arriving earlier than normal.

Moreover, transiting Venus, now in "morning star cycle" (rising ahead of the Sun) will enter "evening star" phase, in Scorpio, by 31 October 2006 and will remain declining after the Sun until late August 2007.

Right now, use the remainder of what is left from Venus' current morning star phase from June to October. It is an excellent time to work, be goal-oriented, be creative, to build anew, strenghthen positive friendships, relationships, and start new careers, etc.

Don't spend a lot time "looking back" per se, rather - look forward, and save the "review" of one's recent experiences over say, the last 2.5 years of one's life, but do this after transiting Venus turns towards evening cycle (30-31 Oct. 2006) which is the best time, to say, to reflect.

By doing so then, you will have much better perspective by then because you've allowed some time to pass - some distance from current events/situations that are still fresh now. This too will pass... Be wise, and look forward. Use your ephemeris to improve your life.

The work you do from now to October then arrives as the fruits of the work you've accomplished previously (June/October 2006) and is rewarded during Venus' evening star cycle (Nov. 2006 to August 2007) - which by that time the world will be deep into the current new ingress and transit of the Dragon's Head in Pisces and the Dragon's Tail in Virgo.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Theo

Banned
Lorielle said:
Not sure what to expect... My natal south node is in Pisces... and this is opposite of that. 8 Pisces Sun, 6 Pisces s. node... so I have some time to prepare. :)

You've got to keep smiling Lorielle! Often, the opposition nodal return to one's own natal/progressed nodes indicate a need to "upgrade" and to "renew" by applying strength of will and accentuating the positive. The transits can work for you (if one is versed in reading and knowing them in advance) or they can make the choices for us. Those who choose not to make a choice, in fact, have made one. I prefer free will with knowledge of the transits. That is best. A positive spirit, faith, love, and open eyes to the transits always make for an easier go of it. The world is not an easy place (never was) but it can also be what we make of it.

Mary

Theo,

As well as what Arian asked...

I´m also intrigued because I have true nodal axis at 16º Cancer/Capricorn (and Mean nodal axis at 17º Cancer/capricorn),.. so therefore,...this tr nodal axis will be making gentle aspects to mine besides of the north node being conjunct my venus in pisces.

I´m feeling it could be a "reafirmation" that may help to develop my north node potential so as to balance the nodal axis...Please correct me if wrong?

Thanks,

Mary

Theo

Banned
Mary said:
Theo,

As well as what Arian asked...

I´m also intrigued because I have true nodal axis at 16º Cancer/Capricorn (and Mean nodal axis at 17º Cancer/capricorn),.. so therefore,...this tr nodal axis will be making gentle aspects to mine besides of the north node being conjunct my venus in pisces. I´m feeling it could be a "reafirmation" that may help to develop my north node potential so as to balance the nodal axis...Please correct me if wrong?

Thanks,

Mary

Hi Mary,

Yes, depending on the position of one's nodal axis, the transit of the Lunar Nodes along the Pisces/Virgo will work through sextiles and trines to your own natal nodal axis which will be particularly active during Jan., Feb., Mar., and April 2007.

The conjunction of the Dragon's Head to your Venus/Pisces position is very helpful, nice, calaming, and allows you (depending on other aspects to this Venus position) expansive opportunities using good judgement (Jupiter) that are unusual/maverick (Uranus).

Moreover, in 2007, Pallas will conjoin transiting Uranus, the North Lunar Nodes, and your Venus, with a stellium conjunction. Planning and achieving goals, making calm & steady changes, and exercising your mind, and spirit. Working...

These transits often benefit those involved in the arts, cultural arts/sciences. For instance, if you are a composer or musician, the transits here in Pisces would be an excellent time to write/compose new music, add unusual/creative slants on your music (Uranus in Pisces) with the creative/career changing recognition, financial benefits, etc., arriving by the time transiting Jupiter/Uranus conjoin in Pisces in the years 2010-11

Nice aspects to have. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mary

Whooowww!!!

First of all...That´s a superb amount of info!!!

Actually, I´m a musician and I was feeling more creative lately...wanting to do some compistion (not kidding!) I guess sth nice may come up! I hope!

Also,...I don´t know if it´s because pluto conjucnt neptune (afects my venus since it´s its ruler which also is squared by pluto) by the changing careers has been in my head for a while. Not a very big change though...I just wanted to get started with Music Education, while I´m studying to be a Guitar Instructor/performer but.... I love both !! So actually I´m not quite sure what I´m going to do in that area.

I hope this transition will help me!

Thanks so much

Mary

Theo

Banned
Mary said:
Whooowww!!!

First of all...That´s a superb amount of info!!!

Actually, I´m a musician and I was feeling more creative lately...wanting to do some compistion (not kidding!) I guess sth nice may come up! I hope!

Also,...I don´t know if it´s because pluto conjucnt neptune (afects my venus since it´s its ruler which also is squared by pluto) by the changing careers has been in my head for a while. Not a very big change though...I just wanted to get started with Music Education, while I´m studying to be a Guitar Instructor/performer but.... I love both !! So actually I´m not quite sure what I´m going to do in that area.

I hope this transition will help me!

Thanks so much

Mary

That's good news Mary. For those who are aware of the recent change of quality of the global Lunar Nodes, then, it is a time of good awakenings, and opportunities, especially for the next 18.6-months, will be varied, exciting, and diverse. Those who are positive, knowledgable, and driven will do best with these transits. Enjoy working, and find joy in all mundane work, as this is the best course toward success and happiness.

"To thine own self be true."

Lorielle

I could research this, but how long do the nodes take to travel through one sign? I was trying to figure out what was going on the last time they changed. :)

Lori

Cassie Priam

NN returns can indicate a new phase of life, a new cycle, or a re working of the planetary energy involved for the purpose of soul evolution.

Theo

Banned
Lorielle said:
I could research this, but how long do the nodes take to travel through one sign? I was trying to figure out what was going on the last time they changed. :)

Lori

Hi Lorielle,

The Lunar Nodes, transiting, take about 18-19 months (1.6 years) on average. For longer-term forecasting, as the classic astrologers and ancient cultures used them, we have a total 18 years, and 11 days. The lunar nodes, along with the contacts between Sun and Moon are a part of the "Saros Cycles" - an eclipse cycle.

The lunar nodes take about 18 months to complete one single transit through a sign. In this case, the Dragon's Head/Tail will transit through the Pisces/Virgo axis from 22 June 2006 to mid-December 2007. The next time the Dragon's Head will transit Pisces after Dec. 2007 will be in the year 2025.

Teddybull

I need help, Pls....

I am feeling queezy about this aspect coming up. I have 26 degree Pisces SN. Right at that time of exact transit in August, Saturn will be opposition my sun, conjuncting my natal uranus and vertex (8th house). Karmic time for sure, but am not getting good vibs about the saturn opposition and transits. Also at 26 degree I have natal Jupiter in Sagitarrius (in my 12th house) conjuncting transiting Pluto.... (all squaring the nodes)

I am deeply into eastern philosophy.....

Is there a silver lining that I can put into my thinking? I can't help but think it will be a fated time beyond my control? ..... tb

Cassie Priam

Never be afraid of your chart.

My interest is karmic and spiritual astrology.

I feel strongly that we are not meant to look at our natal chart and transits with fear. We are here to evolve spiritually and everything happens the way it should, for the purpose of soul growth.

Saturn is Lord of Karma, and his job is to point the way along our path of duty and to teach us about structure and form, duty and responsibility, and inner discipline. Saturn teaches us about inner strength, resilience. He teaches us how to bend without breaking. Saturn will teach us how to live in accord with our soul purpose and destiny. He is also ensures that we pay off any karmic debts form past lives, and we are to do so with courage and wisdom.

The more westernized version of karmic/spiritual astrology which I practice, (and this differs from the Vedics), is that we believe strongly in free will. Nothing is fated, nothing is certain. God gave us total free will. It is our choice to follow the soul purpose as outlined in our natal charts or not.

It is our choice to use the planetary energies in a constructive or destructive fashion. For example you can chose to use the Uranus-Saturn energy to be innovative, original, ambitious or determined. Or you can use it in a more chaotic destructive way.

All the energy sent to us is from the Divine, it is all silver linings. It is up to us to use it wisely and with courage.

Cassie Priam

Saros Cycle

Theo:

I am interested in karmic astrology and very interested in the nodes, eclipses, etc. I am so glad you mentioned the saros cycles, hardly any one knows what they are. There is also very little written about the meanings of the specific cycles. I have read some of Lineman's books and Brady's. As well as Spiller etc. But not much out there about the saros cycles in terms of interpretation of the meaning of each cycle. I am interested specifically in the PNSEs.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Theo

Banned
Teddybull said:
I need help, Pls....

I am feeling queezy about this aspect coming up. I have 26 degree Pisces SN. Right at that time of exact transit in August, Saturn will be opposition my sun, conjuncting my natal uranus and vertex (8th house). Karmic time for sure, but am not getting good vibs about the saturn opposition and transits. Also at 26 degree I have natal Jupiter in Sagitarrius (in my 12th house) conjuncting transiting Pluto.... (all squaring the nodes)

I am deeply into eastern philosophy.....

Is there a silver lining that I can put into my thinking? I can't help but think it will be a fated time beyond my control? ..... tb

Teddybull, there is no "fated time beyond" your control. Transits come and go, however, we all have control over them, as has been set by God from the beginning. Transits can and have been used by humans for good and for evil -and the choices we make for their uses determines our own destiny. This means that your own free will directs you. Rather than not having good vibrations about any particular personal transits as you noted about - use them to perform the appropriate duties (hopefully to move forward in a positive fashion) rather than waiting for something to happen. In effect, live your own life, or life (transits) will live it for you.