parents' health this year

sagvirgorising

After following a link from here and reading a tutorial by Deborah Houlding I decided to ask about my parents' health. I am concerned especially about my father who has had cancer but is in remission (8 years) just after that he became diabetic and has generally been ill due to the low immune system caused by the chemotherapy. He is also due a hip replacement but has problems with his sugar levels so cannot have the op until sugar is lower. My mother has also had quite bad asthma attacks. My parents are divorced and my mother remarried so has my stepdad to look after her, but my father lives alone and is quite old school, independant and would rather tough it out (they both are!)

I have been quite busy studying and concentrating (or trying to) on making something of myself but am aware of their failing health and feel guilty of wanting to have fun and do my own thing despite being severely restricted due to caretaking duties (kids).

I am looking at my father - 4th house -mercury. He is angular in his 10th house but approaching the sun - combustion. He also has saturn in his sign. Saturn rules his houses 4, 5 and 6th of health. Mercury is in the moon's house, exalted by jupiter, in triplicity of mars and own terms and own face. However is in saturn's detriment and the fall of mars. Mars is also at a critical degree and about to enter mercury's home but is cadent. The 6th house also holds neptune rx, jupiter rx and chiron rx. I am concerned jupiter rx may be the cancer coming back? I am concerned also that the moon may be taking the light from saturn and carrying it to mercury even though they are in a 0 separating sextile. The moon is 6A trine to merc and a 6A opposition to saturn.

As for my mother, she is jupiter in her 12th house and retrograde. Her first house has the moon and uranus rx. The sun rules her 6th house and is placed in her 4th house. I see mars in a critical degree and it is squaring her signicator. Also the moon in her first squares the ruler of her 8th but opposes saturn in her 7th which is angular. Jupiter is in saturn's house, in triplicity of mercury, not quite sure whether in jupiter terms or mars' and in face of moon. She is in the detriment of the sun, which is ruling her 6th house of health.

The last aspect will be moon conjunct Uranus which is retrograde and I am worried. I am no expert at horary but I fear more for my dad's health, it's one thing after another. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_147_parents_health_this_year_1756_31405.gif
    astro_2gw_147_parents_health_this_year_1756_31405.gif
    27.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

starlink

I have been quite busy studying and concentrating (or trying to) on making something of myself but am aware of their failing health and feel guilty of wanting to have fun and do my own thing despite being severely restricted due to caretaking duties (kids).
Childrend should not feel guilty about having fun and doing their own thing. They are expected to do that. You (and any person for that matter) are not responsible for the lives of your parents, they were and should be (maybe now less because you are an adult) responsible for you, like you are now responsible for your own children.

However, you can be there for them, but they must understand that you have your own life. As you write :
my father lives alone and is quite old school, independant and would rather tough it out (they both are!)
So then let him tough it out but make certain that he knows that he can always count on your help should things really get tough, too tough, even for him. I dont think he would appreciate it if you would mother him too much. It would make him feel debilitated even more. OK, I will go over your own interpretation:

I am looking at my father - 4th house -mercury. He is angular in his 10th house but approaching the sun - combustion.
Indeed, he is combust, not strong, but he is in his own term which keeps him going or shows that he is his own man (and does not need help) as well as being in his own 10th house. Ruler of Mercury is the Moon and Moon is going to trine Mercury, then the Sun as her last aspect. This in itself is not bad at all.

However, Moon will oppose Saturn in your fathers 1st house first and this could show indeed that a health issues could come up again.

The 6th house also holds neptune
Dont use Neptune in traditional astrology!

rx, jupiter rx and chiron rx.
And certainly dont use Chiron either. Nobody knew about him in the 16th century.
Jupiter does not play a rule in this chart, so dont look at him.

I am concerned jupiter rx may be the cancer coming back?
Jupiter does not rule his cancer and does not rule his 6th house either. Saturn does.

I am concerned also that the moon may be taking the light from saturn and carrying it to mercury even though they are in a 0 separating sextile. The moon is 6A trine to merc and a 6A opposition to saturn.

OK, I can understand your concern when looking at this translation of light. But Saturn means not only illness! It also rules his 4th and his 5th!

Saturn as ruler of 6 in his 1st does show that he is not well which is normal if you tell us that he had Cancer and is weakened by chemotherapy.
Saturn as ruler of 5 in his 1st can show a love interest or a child (probably you) who is close to him
Saturn as ruler of 4 can show that he is in fact strongly tied to his family in some way or that his own family is also close to him.

Now Moon rules your fathers 10th house. Should he still work, then it is possible that he is considering retirement because of his physical energy diminishing. Career might be too much for him. It is also possible that a female (;Moon) will bring Saturn to him, meaning maybe that she brings love to him, or that she offers to make a home for him, like moving in with him. Now I have no idea of course if your dad is into finding another partner of course, but the Moon, who rules your dad (Mercury) is in his 7th house of relationships.

So I dont see this Moon as having an opposition to Saturn, but I indeed see her as a translator of light.

In the worst case scenario, the Moon brings the illness , who is inherently inside your fathers body but suppressed by chemo, to him, when translating the light of Saturn. Or, when Saturn is seen as his 4th house ruler of endings, could bring the end.

As you see, there are many interpretations possible. I do like however the last aspect of the Moon which is a trine to the Sun and this aspect is absolutely the best there is. The aspect to Uranus you can forget about as well. It could only show some sort of change to his career if you ask me, so retirement is a possibility should he still work.

As for my mother, she is jupiter in her 12th house and retrograde. Her first house has the moon and uranus rx.
Forget about Uranus unless it shows she is a bit of an excentric individual and Moon there shows that you are also close to her.

The sun rules her 6th house and is placed in her 4th house.
Which could show that she is working (6) at home (4)? In other words, that she is a housewife or has a little job she does at home.
I see mars in a critical degree and it is squaring her signicator.
No, it passed the square to her significator. She might have a critical financial situation because Mars rules her 2nd

Also the moon in her first squares the ruler of her 8th
Moon has passed the square to Venus. This situation lies in the past.

but opposes saturn in her 7th which is angular.
Saturn rules her 12th, so maybe she needs to be alone for some time. It has nothing to do with her health which is ruled by the Sun.

This only shows her concern maybe for her ex husband. I agree!
The 8th house shows fear and anguish.

Jupiter is in saturn's house, in triplicity of mercury, not quite sure whether in jupiter terms or mars' and in face of moon.
You are digging too deep here, taking side streets. The question was: how is her health and we have to concentrate only on the Sun's position in fact. Sun is peregrine and in term of Mercury so she might have some general health problems.
As Archergirl also always says, just keep it simple.:)

She is in the detriment of the sun, which is ruling her 6th house of health. Yes, Jupiter is in her 12th, so maybe she needs to go into hospital for some check-up or something. Sun is in term of Mercury so she might have some intestinal trouble.

I cannot tell you what exactly will happen to your father. There are several possibilities so time will tell. Please let us know if there is any news and if any of what I wrote above makes sense:)

Starlink

sagvirgorising

Thank you so much for your reply.

I worry more than usual as I am aware of how temporary everything is. If the last aspect counted is the trine to the sun then would this class the moon as VOC? I know you don't count the outer planets as such but have read how there is still some significance. For example neptune in his 6th could have been all the meds and painkillers he has had to take for the past ten years or so? He hasn't worked due to a bad back for over 15 years (I think) and is now at retirement age. My concern was always the cancer coming back or an alcohol related illness, he had pneumonia a few years back as a result of a chest infection of which he has had many because of the low immune system. (lucky for us a friend called him and went to check on him and called an ambulance). The diabetes is proving to be a problem and now the hip which should have been done about 14 months ago had the NHS not lost his first x-ray! I know he's a fighter, and he detests to be babied but lately I have mentioned that he should get a carer in to help cook or something or that he move closer to me so I can watch over him. I even suggested for him to stay here after the operation until he's better but I sense he prefers his own company so he can do his own thing and with five children in my house, we are a bit overcrowded to say the least! The main thing is that without a stable blood sugar level they will refuse to operate and he is in all kinds of pain from his teeth to his toes. Seeing Saturn in his first and Merc heading into the sun made me worry. It was a case of I want to know but I don't. I don't think my dad has a girlfriend, he's a man's man and dislikes restrictions!! It would be nice for him to have someone.

As for my mum, I think she may be heading into redundancy as a result of lay offs. You can understand seeing the sun ruling her 6th in the 4th of her endings would make me worry even more so! We argued a few months ago and haven't spoken since, it wouldn't have happened normally but there were issues that had not been addressed and were long overdue plus I thought we needed time out. I think it may be time to make contact. As family goes we are quite a small unit but have been through a lot, ups and downs like everyone, but we usually stay close.

I forgot to mention that saturn is also in a critical degree in a mutable sign and my concerns were for mars at a critical sign too. If mars rules his surgery (8th) and nothing gets past 29 Taurus (or 29 pisces) according to http://www.bemyastrologer.com/fixedstars.html does this apply in horary too?

Thanks again for your help, time and experience.

starlink

If the last aspect counted is the trine to the sun then would this class the moon as VOC?
No no, only when the Moon does not make any aspects to other planets before she leaves her sign. Here Moon makes first this aspect to Saturn, then to Mercury, then to Sun so she makes 3 aspects before she leaves her sign. I think maybe even a sextile to Mars, but probably just out of sign. (meaning that it is possible that Mars who is very late in it's sign could just have moved into Gemini. Moons orb is 12° so an aspect out of sign almost immediately when a planet has left the Moons sign, can be considered as a valid aspect.

If mars rules his surgery
This horary is not about his surgery, so dont look at that, again, only look at the main players, otherwise you risk working yourself into a knot!:)

I always try to look at different interpretations as just fixing on one I find limiting. In this case, it does look as if things dont get much better on the one hand and do end well on the other. Totally confusing and very difficult to decide what will happen, I am not good enough i'm afraid to give a conclusive answer. But that ruler of the 8th in his 4th house I also find worrying although that is usually seen when the person is already not living, like asking about a disappearance. Here it might even mean that your father wished he was dead for instance.

Your question only shows how the health of your father looks like at the moment. It does not give other info. You did not ask a +yes or no question. It is clear from this horary that your father is not in good health this year and will probably get worse with Mercury heading even closer to the Sun. This does not mean that the cancer will come back. The health issues can be his back, his lungs, everything that is bothering him together. Those things make him an unhealthy man at the moment and it is doubtful that he will totally get problem free this year i.m.humble opinion.

sagvirgorising

Thank you very much Starlink. I appreciate your input. I was in such a panic I was chasing planets all over the place and imagining the worst. My biggest fear is to not be with my family when it's their time. I'll keep my eye on him - which is all I can do. He's so stubborn, he doesn't make it easy! Thanks again!

sagvirgorising

Ok. My dad is due to have the hip op next week. I am concerned as there are several medical complications. He has really slowed down quite a bit and is quite tired. Also the op would be the day after a full moon - extreme blood loss? He has needed this op for about 2 years but the good ol' nhs lost his first x-ray, which he waited ages for. His diabetes is the biggest obstacle in the whole thing. If the late degrees means I know the answer, then I can only advise him not to have the surgery because my fear is it will put him at great risk, but it is his choice. He wouldn't believe me if I said it says so in astrological charts.

The chart is late degrees (28) and the moon had quite a while before the last two aspects. Not sure if classed as VOC with 24 degrees to travel before the Saturn opposition? Saturn is also in critical degrees. (I know you won't count the Uranus conjunction technically). Does this mean I would have to ask again?

Any suggestions? Please?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_209_will_the_op_go_ok_1290_25258.gif
    astro_2gw_209_will_the_op_go_ok_1290_25258.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 27

starlink

Sagvirgo, lets have a look here. Yes, the chart is late so this means that you wont be able to change the situation, rather than that you already know the answer. I say this because your dad is so stubborn, so you really wont be able to change anything.

Your father is ruled by the Sun in this chart and Sun is actually peregrine. I find peregrine a difficult thing to explain. It shows a person who does not belong in one country, nor in the other, somewhere lost at the border, not belonging anywhere.
So maybe he feels like he is totally not playing a role anymore to anybody in this life. Would not know how else to describe this situation.

He is not that badly off though, as Sun is in term of Mars and Sun and Mars have a connection, same humor as it is called. But Mars in this chart also rules HIS intercepted 8th house, so this again could explain the subconscious deathwish. (I see intercepted signs and planets as "stuck", not able to express themselves, hence staying more underground.

Now HIS 8th house, operation, is ruled by Jupiter. We can also look at Mars as ruler of the operation. Jupiter is in term of Venus in his 6th house and Venus is very strong in own sign. Maybe it wont harm him because the operation is in the "hands" of a dignified Venus (own sign).

There is a strong mutual reception by rulership between Mars and the Sun, really indicating that he needs this operation or that it will happen very soon.(only a about 17' to go). Sun moves just a bit faster than Mars at this moment. It forms a square with Mars (with operations you usually can expect difficult aspects as it is of course a difficult procedure). But the MR between them shows that they support one another and not harm each other.

I think he will undergo the operation. You wont be able to change his mind about this. The end of the matter for the operation (how the operation will end) is ruled by the Moon in Pisces and Pisces is not a bad sign for the Moon to be in as Jupiter is the ruler and Moon does not get totally powerless (peregrine in this case) when in a sign ruled by either Venus or Jupiter. Also, Moon is in term of Venus. All in all, I believe that the operation wont pose a danger to your fathers health at the moment.

Your father, Sun, and his 8th house, Jupiter, will form a square after 17 seconds. Sun is in a succedent house (slow) and in a fixed sign (also slow), but still, there is an indication of upcoming death to be seen here. It could be 17 hours, days, weeks or month.

Moons last aspect is an opposition to Saturn at 29°, ruler of his 5th house, but your 8th house.Before that Moon will conjunct Uranus showing a sudden event.

So all in all I could conclude that the operation itself will be a success, but that maybe your father is too weak to really recover from it and his physical strength could be reduced even more. If this will result in him dying I dont know, but sooner or later I suspect he will (as you yourself also know).

We will just have to wait, pray and see. Please keep me posted on this. Wish you much strength with all this and all the very best for your father.

STarlink