how do you interpet an unaspected uranus?

Krewster

Seems pretty ambitious to try to interpret an outer planet's influence "on" you in isolation (e.g., without aspects) as if part of "you" can "see" things from the viewpoint of Uranus (so much easier to focus the viewpoint from the perspective of personal planets only).

But that Ven bi-quintile Uran should be giving you more romantic/financial opportunties than the "average" person.

Depends how tight the orb is and what other minor aspects are being made to your Ven (would need the birth data for that review).

RodJM

Imo, the title of the thread is misleading, even a minor aspect is an "aspect" and like has been mentioned by Krewster, and providing birth data as accurate as possible is a 'must have' for proper interpretation. :)

Last edited:

greybeard

Not all aspects are equal.
A basic and ages-old tenet of astrological doctrine assigns more power to a conjunction or opposition than to a sextile, as an example.
Which is why there are "major" aspects and "minor" aspects.

A planet not in aspect to other planets in a chart is disjunct...not joined or uniited.
From the psychological perspective the energies symbolized by the planet are not well-integrated into the personality. The energies will manifest in a way that is disconnected from the "main body" of the personality. There may be occasional "atypical" behaviors, out-of-character actions, unexpected eccentricities. There may be a sense of detachment where the planetary energy is concerned, feelings of separateness, isolation, difference from the norm. Situations may come up which can be characterized by a strong sense of either -- or, where one must choose between clearly antagonistic or mutually exclusive alternatives. The condition may indicate a break in some association. A lack of coherence or logical sequence may appear from time to time; episodic disruptions in the normal course of things.

You can think about this idea of being separate, disjunct and develop your own understanding of what it might mean in any particular horoscope, such as your own. Or study a text on psychology describing the effects of disjunction.

Once we have a grasp of the many possibilities of an unaspected planet in general, we can turn our attention to Uranus.

What does Uranus mean, symbolize? The symbolism contains many possibilities. Usually the energies (meanings) of a planet manifest in several ways more or less simultaneously, or consecutively. I think Robert Hand calls this polymorphism, a very apt term.

It is, of course, necessary to consider the sign and house holding the unaspected planet. The lord of the sign the planet is in disposes it toward one thing and another, so we have to look carefully at the conditioning of that lord. There is an intimate connection between the unaspected planet and its lord.

With Uranus in the Second House, things such as our resources, our degree of personal liberty, supportive associations and the things we value (our sense of values) are apt to be featured...and colored by the nature of Uranus, as modified and determined by his lord. Venus has a natural association with these affairs, so its biquintile to Uranus serves to underscore the same things. We need to understand the biquintile aspect of course, what it shows.

How do you interpet an unaspected uranus? That's how I would do it.
Or, if I weren't much interested in studying and learning astrology but only wanted to know what my own Uranus means in my life, I would engage an astrologer to tell me.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Nothing is unaspected. OK, maybe it has no ptolemaic aspect to another major light or sign, but it probably has some aspect.

And if you are a modern astrologer, then it has aspects to fixed stars, asteroids, and impacts abounding.

I'd need to see the chart. I'm betting I would disagree with you that its unaspected.

dr. farr

Right-there always must be considered any Parallels (declination, latitude) and, if no degree-based aspects are to be found (within whatever orb the practitioner is using), there are always platik (ie by-sign) relationships: so everything in a given chart is, in some way, "connected"....

greybeard

As Carl Sagan said, "Billions and billions and billions..."
I have read a newspaper, without squinting or straining, by starlight.
I'm sure that, absent an atmosphere, at least some areas of the sky are seen as a solid carpet of starlight.
There are millions of asteroids in our solar system.
We can divide the circle into 360ths and call one-degree divisions aspects.
There are parallels, antiscions, and countless other gadgets we can use or invent if necessary.

I have, many times over the past 40 years or so, read charts for people I'd never met before and on the basis of planets without Ptolemaic aspect, extracted meaningful and useful information for them.

In other words, there are planets without aspect and such a situation yields meaningful information for the client.

I told the OP "That's how I would do it." You folks may do it the way you wish. But a planet without major aspect provides a meaningful and useful symbol.

I don't know if the OP's chart contains an unaspected Uranus or not. He hasn't presented a chart.

Of course everything is connected. That is the essential nature of the universe, and of its parts. Sometimes, in this human world we inhabit, it is convenient to consider things in their separateness, to set them apart for a microscopic study.

Your point of view is that everything is connected. My point of view is that sometimes things are not well connected and tend to act as if independent. Long experience has shown me that this viewpoint makes for effective interpretation.

hannya

Imo, the title of the thread is misleading, even a minor aspect is an "aspect" and like has been mentioned by Krewster, and providing birth data as accurate as possible is a 'must have' for proper interpretation. :)

i read an article on unaspected planets and it said the minor aspects should not be counted...

hannya

Right-there always must be considered any Parallels (declination, latitude) and, if no degree-based aspects are to be found (within whatever orb the practitioner is using), there are always platik (ie by-sign) relationships: so everything in a given chart is, in some way, "connected"....

by declination there are many aspects to it.

hannya

r0NXC.jpg

tr1nity

Hello,

If it is an unaspected planet then it behaves as a lone wolf...my son has an unaspected Venus, it's also very rare...
with Uranus, I would say shockable or un shockable and very creative
I did read that... quote: " it's quietly unique" so can't be labelled and independent.