Writing talent?

luck

Gemini is the sign that rules communication and therefore writing so a lot of planets in Gemini or in the 3rd house would point towards that direction. Alas, you have neither.

Also, according to Gaucqelin having the Moon in the 12th house is beneficial to writers, which I think you have, the houses in this chart are confusing. My Moon is in my 12th house in Cancer and I consider myself a writer so I think you may have that going for you, if I do say so myself.:wink:

I think you have your Mercury in the 9th house, which rules publishing, so that might be a plus.

I'm sorry I don't have anything else to offer you. I'm pretty new to astrology and I don't think much research has been done about writing potential in natal charts.

I agree with IleneK though, some backstory would be helpful.

d00dle

i read somewhere that the midpoint of mercury and jupiter is the signature of a writer (or of an aspiring writer). in your case, Mercury/Jupiter midpoint = neptune (and perhaps uranus too).

Last edited:
I'm relatively young, but yes, I've been told I'm quiet talented. Especially in expressing emotions, and therefore in romantic fiction stories :love:

My english teacher insists that if he was a publisher, he would consider it carefully. He always says: "Take into account english isn't your momma tongue'' :tongue:

I don't like to write. I love to. I think I started at the age of 7 or something. I came across an article the other day, which -you know- stated that writers have some common planet aspects and such and I thought it was rather intriguing. I reaaaally tried to do some research on my own, but I ended up really confused. That's why I'm asking.

i read somewhere that the midpoint of mercury and jupiter is the signature of a writer (or of an aspiring writer). in your case, Mercury/Jupiter midpoint = neptune (and perhaps uranus too).

So, if the midpoint of Mercury&Jupiter is neptune, what would that mean? :/

luck

Would you mind linking to the article(s)?

With all the water in your chart, especially Pisces, I think that you would be good with the emotional details, quite romantic, very imaginative, and creative. With your Sun conjunct Mars you probably don't have difficulty motiving yourself to write or finishing your pieces.

What I would worry about is your revision, though. I think you would tend to be too impressionistic and might not offer enough concrete sensory details for the average reader's taste. This might be mitigated by the fact that you have your Neptune in Capricorn, though.

I think that when you do decide to publish you will distinguish yourself. Suns in the 10th are found quite often in the charts of the famous. Plus the bar for romance is so low that if you have any talent at all you will quickly shoot to the top.

Here's some non-astrological advice for you:
First of all, I know you're probably not going to listen or agree with me in this respect, but I wouldn't really put much stock in the fact that your teacher told you that you were good. I have been told that by virtually every teacher I've shown my writing to and they've always been wrong. I would suggest that he might have said it more for encouragement than in actual fact or that he plain might not have much taste but I know you'll disagree with me. However, if you look back on this later, I think you will realize that I was right.

Work and skill building matters as much if not more than talent in writing as much as anything else. You are very young and I highly doubt that your work would be accepted by any agent, let alone a publisher. If your romances have sexual components I don't think they can legally buy it from you since you are underage. Basically, I would wait until you're at least 18 so that one, agents will touch you, and two, you will have developed so much by then the thought that you might have been publishable at this point in your life is laughable.

Basically my advice is this:
Keep writing. Hard work matters just as much if not more than talent.

SniperBomber328

Mercury, the Moon, the 5th, 3rd and 10th house all indicate your creativity, type of writing and whether you'll make a career out of it. The Moon rules the right side of the brain therefore imagination, creativity and emotions. Mercury rules the left side of the brain therefore logic, analytical abilities and intellect.

Another good indicator would be the 9th, but more in the sense of 'Publishing' since it rules that area. I've read (don't quote me) a retrograde Mercury helps someone write, since a person with retro mercury tends to write a lot.

Signs that are good indicators of writing would be Virgo, Gemini, Aquarius, Cancer and Pisces (not saying other signs don't possess the ability). Of course that is assuming the above stated (i.e. first paragraph in this post).

Also look to the 6th House and the PoF if you really want to narrow things down to the tibit. As well as the 2nd, since it indicates where a person will make money.

Zaphod

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at my own chart for significators of writing talent. I had a 31-year career as a professional technical and legal writer, producing detailed technical instructions/procedures for engineers and legal correspondence for communication with federal (US) regulators. Not terribly creative or great fun, but still quite fulfilling for someone who loves language. As a teen I tried to write and sell science fiction but never got anywhere with it. I also took some creative writing courses in college but eventually got a degree in management.

My main career driver was Mars in the 10th in Virgo, conjunct the MC and ruling the Scorpio Ascendant and the Aries 5th House. Mars makes no major aspects to any of the other planets, just a trine to the MNN in Taurus in the 6th House. Saturn and Pluto are widely conjunct in Leo in the 9th House, with Saturn trine Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 1st (actually within 3 degrees of the 2nd House cusp and ruling it). Mars makes a partile, applying, waxing semi-sextile to the Saturn-Pluto midpoint and, as the fastest of the three, brings the Saturn-Pluto influence "forward" into the 10th House. Mercury and Venus are both retrograde in Cancer in the 8th and conjunct the Sun; both are making a close waning quintile to Mars, Mercury separating and Venus applying. (These quintiles and the semi-sextile are the only planetary aspects Mars makes.) In its more positive manifestation, the quintile series suggests creative talent and has been linked to successful writers. Venus rules the 6th (and 11th) and Mercury the 10th (and 8th), and both are in quintile aspect to the elevated ruler of the 1st and 5th; both are semi-square Saturn, traditional ruler of Aquarius on the 3rd House cusp, within a few minutes of arc. The Moon is in Capricorn in the 2nd; it is making a waxing, separating (by 16 minutes of arc) sesqui-quadrate aspect to Saturn. Moon is also trine the Virgo MC and opposed the 8th House stellium. Moon disposits the Sun, the Sun disposits Saturn and Saturn disposits the Moon, making what Kevin Burk calls "dispositorship by committee" since there is no final dispositor. They do seem to function as a committee.

I've pretty much decided that Mars symbolized the career drive and creative outlet while the quintiles from Mercury and Venus signified the writing emphasis, with Saturn and Pluto showing steadiness and depth in the mental faculties while also underpinning my 17-year stretch in middle management. (Although I don't credit it for much, the Sun in Cancer is also biquintile the Scorpio Ascendant.) Jupiter ruling the 2nd and trine Saturn, with the Moon in Capricorn in the 2nd, implied a measure of success in practical terms, although with some occasional fluctuation. While relations with my various bosses were up and down over the years, I never had a position where my writing ability wasn't the linchpin of my ongoing career development.

If you don't have any obvious major indicators of creative talent in your chart, you might see if you have any tight quintiles (or perhaps biquintiles) to the planets either ruling the creativity-and-career oriented houses or dispositing the rulers of those houses, or that are otherwise sensitively placed in the chart.

Last edited:

dhundhun

You have poetic talent, best expressed in the form of teaching, education. Probably there will be greater role of spouse in driving this talent.

Good luck.