Can I have help answering "unanswered horary questions."

Vista

[FONT=&quot]1. I have always read that the Mother is represented by the 4th and the father is represented by the 10th. Houldings say says the reverse is true.

2. When the questied significator is represented by the moon, however the moon is placed in the querents significators house does the moon represent both parties? The moon is planet of action and is the querents significator of action, but the moon would also indicate the interest of the questied in the querents question right?

3. If the querents main significator does not aspect the questied significator, but there is an aspect between the questied significator and a planet in the first house of the querent or vice versa( planets in the house of either the querent or questied signfiy the party in question too according to Lilly. Does this mean a positive outcome as well?

4. Lastly, does an aspect between the querents alumuten or co significator and the questieds main significator have any value, particurlarly if the querents main significator makes no aspect to the questied main significator. Also, vice versa?

5. Finally, when a planet is within 5 degrees of the next or previous house, are there instances that you consider both houses to be significant?

Thanks for any input. BTW, Deborah Houldings Tutorial was very enlightening and helpful, I highly recommend it.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Vista
[/FONT]

Last edited:

archergirl

Hello, Vista,

I have always read that the Mother is represented by the 4th and the father is represented by the 10th. Houlding say says the reverse is true.
In traditional astrology the Mother is the 10th and the Father is the 4th, one of the reasons (amongst many) being that the 4th also represents property, and in most societies property was inherited from the father. The association of Mother with the 4th house is more of a modern approach. In horary, the 10th will be mother.

When the questied significator is represented by the moon, however the moon is placed in the querents significators house does the moon represent both parties? The moon is planet of action and is the querents significator of action, but the moon would also indicated the interest of the questied in the querents question right?

If Cancer is on the cusp of the quesited's house, whatever that may be, the Moon is given ONLY to the quesited, and NOT the querent, without exception. You are right, however, that the Moon will also signify the 'action', or lack thereof. That the quesited (Moon) is in the house of the querent simply means that whatever or whoever the Moon represents, is of interest to the querent; the Moon-person or thing is on the mind of the querent. That's all.

If the querents planet does not aspect he questied significator, but there is an aspect between the questied significator and a planet in the first house of the querent( planets in the house of either the querent or questied signfiy the party in question too according to Lilly. Who does it belong to?
The planet will belong to whatever house that planet signifies. So if Mars is in the 1st house and Aries or Scorpio is the sign on the cusp of the 3rd house, it could mean a sibling, for example. It really depends on the context.

Lastly, does an aspect between the querents alumuten or co significator and the questieds main significator have any value, particurlarly if the querents main significator makes no aspect to the questied main significator. Also, vice versa?
Not really, no. Almutens should really only be used if the planets involved can't be used for whatever reason, like they're taken by another player in the question. 'Co-significators' are a very dodgy thing, and I would avoid using them whenever possible. The only 'co-significators' to be used are the Moon (if not the primary significator already), and maybe the Sun and Venus in romance questions. Otherwise, stick to what is given to you by the house cusps.

Finally, when a planet is within 5 degrees of the next or previous house, are there instances that you consider both houses to be significant?
The "Five Degree Rule" will always place the planet in the next house; not in both. You can't be in two houses at once. You are in one, or the other. The same holds true in real life, yes?

The thing to remember with horary is "don't make it more complicated than it needs to be". Horary is actually very cut-and-dried; far, far simpler than natal astrology. Most beginner horarists try to bring in all sorts of complicating factors (asteroids and outer planets and semisequiquadrate aspects, amongst other things). They don't need to. Horary, as I'm fond of saying, is very elegant, and doesn't need frills to work.

The Skyscript site is indeed a real gem for learning resources.

Cheers,

AG:)

Last edited:

Vista

The AG for your quick response. You certainly answered my questions and made things more clear. I agree that simplifying rather than bringing too many aspects in complicates things. Again, great lesson today.

Summery Joy

I generally agree with AG, but I do have two more piece of information to add.

1. The 10th house represents the more authoritative parent, the one that made the rules and made sure they were followed. The 4th house will go to the other parent. If both parents were equally authoritative over the child, which very rarely happens, the 10th house is assigned to the parent with the most intellectual/serious influence in the child's life. The 4th house may be then assigned to the parent with the most emotional influence.

2. A planet in a house can be a significator of that house by placement, as opposed to the significator by sign, which is the significator that rules the sign on the cusp of the house. The sign significator is stronger than the placement significator. The placement significator use should be limited to cases where the sign significator cannot be used for some reason.