Afflicted sun conjunct ascendant, square chart ruler

Psalm

I am looking for a little illumination... my chart is a little intense (and my life has been no different), what with my sun conjunct venus and the ascendant (by less than one degree) and t-square the moon (conjunct the midheaven & chiron - the honorary ruler of Virgo) and jupiter (conjunct uranus and the fourth house cusp). The only "positive" aspect to my sun is with Saturn.... I have a lot of pretty good aspects in my chart though... not counting the squares. Success seems to come naturally although is related to my health and I have to work hard to maintain said health... Another interesting aspect is neptune in the 4th house almost directly conjunct (less than one degree) the galactic center.... I am a writer, editor, graphic designer and musician... I seem to have a million interests and now beginning to ground them :) Is there any hope of relief?? or am I destined for challenges every step of the way this lifetime?

Untitled-2.png

Last edited:

R4VEN

Mate........................... Chill already, you're only 25!! Life is a journey, and there'll be rocky patches, and sometimes you'll stumble, fall and barely be able to get up. At other times you'll sail on every breeze.
I suspect you still have a long way to go before you develop a real sense of who you are. This normally takes until you've endured your Saturn Return at 29-30 or so. The 20's are normally a time for exploration, so exploration is what you need to be doing.

Having said all that, your T-square involving your Moon opp Jupiter-Uranus conj, all square your Sun is tricky. Within this T-square you may struggle with the squares to the sun - particularly Uranus and Moon, where your actions may be erratic, and not in keeping with what is actually happening around you - and the opposition between Moon and Uranus, which can describe erratic moods, or mood changes which pit you against others. The `health' issues of which you speak look to me like they are related to mood swings. Not easy.
You also have Venus and Mars both in Leo in the 12th, and neither would be terribly comfortable there. I suspect you have some difficulty in accessing this energy, so it may manifest as a feeling of blocked energy.

Saturn-Pluto conjunction is a sign of ambition, and the ability to work at what you want to achieve. These planets rule the 5th and 3rd houses, so communication and creative pursuits are favoured.
Your 10th house - with all that Gemini, and Moon's North Node in there as well - looks favourable to me, and from what you describe you are already accessing this.

I'm deliberately not talking about Chiron, as that is a chapter of its own.

The reason I was attracted to replying to your post is that you have described your chart in negative terms, like somehow you have been given a dud astrology chart this time around. There is no such thing as a bad astrology chart; your astrology profile just is - it is neither good or bad. You have obviously given yourself some challenging lessons for your lifetime, so the sooner you come to terms with that, the better. T-squares are always harder to handle in early life, but the key to working with yours is probably to work with your Virgo sun at the Asc, rather than to be overwhelmed by it. Accessing your Sun and it's healing properties seems to be the way through this for you.

Psalm

Thanks Raven! I do know I have to chill... which is why I meditate... seems to be the only thing that cools the jets ;) Thank you. Would be interested in hearing some discussion on Chiron. I definitely like Barbara Hand Clow's take on it and she agrees that a Sun square Chiron person like myself will definitely not have a clear idea of "themselves" until Saturn return.

The Mars & Venus in the 12th house DOES create a lot of blocked energy... it's insane, my emotional outbursts could turn a stadium of heads and I think every one of them would be like "is she okay?" but that could just be my sun-conjunct-ascendant perspective on them ;) I tend to stop up big emotions like sadness and anger and when I experience those emotions, I feel SO free and liberated, I can finally laugh and cry.... other than that I feel like I am perpetually emotionally constipated!!

Curious to know how I can be a better friend to people - I might make another post... It feels like I mask my real feelings a lot to avoid being an emotional bulldozer... I can be very nervous that when people get to know me, they'll just HATE me which has resulted in me not having a lot of close friends, even though people seem to WANT to be my friend (maybe because of my venus conjunct ascendant sextile pluto)... but I just can't commit.

May start a discussion on Chiron soon because it FASCINATES me ;) and hope you'll contribute to that discussion too... Thank you for reminding me I don't have to have it all figured out NOW! :)

starlink

Psalm, you asked:

am I destined for challenges every step of the way this lifetime?

Some people are more challenged than others. The more squares, T.squares and especially Grand squares as well as oppositions a person has, the more this person will be challenged, every time a transit passes over the sensitive points (Apex especially).
It becomes like a cycle. First it is a conjunction, then some years later (especially with Jupiter and Saturn which move faster than the other slow one's) a square, then again the opposition followed by a square again etc. The benific aspects also trigger the existing challenging aspect of course. Good aspects can never make a basic difficult aspect "easy". With a positive aspect I usually see more focussed energy put towards the problem at hand. Where one used to really get into trouble or hardship, one can, with a trine or sextile, get over these issues easier, handle them better.

When the planets in a T-square, by progression, get into another sign, again, the dynamics of that T-square will change for the better (if the planets are in more suitable signs) or worse.

Your chart shows a great weakness in Earth and Water whereas Fire and especially Air are very strongly represented. This in itself shows lots of versatility and change.
Your Sun, Ascendant are in mutable Air and Mercury ruling them in Libra, Air again.
The Leo planets, all ruled by the Sun also get the final ruler in Libra.
Saturn's ruler Pluto is also found in Air so everything in this chart ends up somehow with an air overtone and the rest is all fire.

Venus and Mars are placed in Water houses which creates a lot of frustration for them because they are both are ruled by Fire and the other personal planet Moon is in an Earth house where she is forced to act more earthy which is also problematic. Earth is too slow for this very curious and restless Moon.

Having that Moon in your 10th house and also conjunct the MC is a sure sign of a very restless life, lots of changes in career and social circumstances. This is underlined by the square to your Ascendant and Sun. Uranus opposing the MC and the Moon tops it all off!! I dont think you can ever escape perpetual change in your life. You just have to go with the flow and being so Airy, I think you can.

It is the planets in the 12th which seek solitude and could make it difficult for you.They want peace and quiet and are not really getting that unless you actively change outer circumstances so that you can fill up your batteries. Especially mental rest is of utmost important to your health.

Chiron, the one you want to hear about so badly:) is actually not at all an easy one for you to have there. It often shows a person who seems to feel completely alien from others when in a social situation. It is almost painful to have to act "socially" and others might also find the person very different in some respect.
This Chiron position can cause a lot of emotional pain.

I want to ask you what that green "Venus" at 17° Aquarius and the red "Venus" (Lilith?)at 6° Capricorn represent. I have never seen this before. Is one of them Ceres?
It is a bit confusing to see three characters in the form of the Venus glyph.
And what is the "Mars" at 19° Leo? I used to have WinStar, but never saw these glyphs.

katydid

I think one thing that might help you feel less 'burdened' by your chart would be to post one without so many asteroids drawn with aspect lines.Imo, It is too much to digest and your major aspects get lost in the shuffle. I do look at asteroids, but only after seeing and delineating the basic planets and angles. Add Chiron and maybe one or 2 more, but that's it.

Psalm

I want to ask you what that green "Venus" at 17° Aquarius and the red "Venus" (Lilith?)at 6° Capricorn represent. I have never seen this before. Is one of them Ceres?
It is a bit confusing to see three characters in the form of the Venus glyph.
And what is the "Mars" at 19° Leo? I used to have WinStar, but never saw these glyphs.

The green "Venus" in Aquarius is Ceres. Pallas Athene is in the 4th house in Capricorn and Transpluto is in the 12th house in Leo.

Psalm

Your chart is very similar to mine,and I'm having difficult times as well!Of course some positions and rulers are different,but I saw your chart and I just had to post mine,to know you're not alone!

I don't know when you were born but we do have a lot of similarities chart-wise. Thanks for putting this up for me to see! It's good to know I'm not alone out there. :)

starlink

I like your quote - That is good to read and easy to forget.
progress.gif

Yes Psalm, very true!

About all the extra asteroids, really, follow Katydid's advice, just put in Chiron , leave the rest. I am over 30 years in astrology and only recently sort of sideways look at Ceres, Vesta, Pallas and Juno, preferring the first and the last. But Transpluto??? Just forget them, unless you know very well what they represent in a chart and I still struggle with that at times.

R4VEN

Psalm, just another couple of comments about your chart.................

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/Ceres21.1.html

Check out the above page for your Ceres placement. I believe that females living in a Western society need to pay heed to Ceres. I also have Ceres in the 6th, and I give and give and give, then think: "Oops, what about me?"

Jupiter conj your IC in Sagittarius is quite beneficial, just on its own, without taking too much else into account. Jupiter in Sag is very comfortable, philosophical, internal, and benevolent as an energy, and it will tend to exaggerate the Sag IC, so that you are probably quite restless, and settling in one place may not work for you.

I'm glad that you are consulting Barbara Hand Clow for your Chiron information. In my opinion, she is the doyen of Chiron researchers and writers. Your Chiron conjunction with the moon and MC is a very, very sensitive and reactive placement. If you can somehow channel this sensitivity into creative/artistic pursuits then it will be less likely to overwhelm you.
Before you begin another thread on Chiron, use the search facility at the top of each page to check out the other threads on Chiron. They are very comprehensive.

starlink

I also have Ceres in the 6th, and I give and give and give, then think: "Oops, what about me?"
Yes, this is very true. I have Ceres in the 5th and give and give to my children, but in this case I dont think "what about me":). I just love giving them over and over again. This is called "spoiling rotten", even though it is not often money I give. (only when highly necessary, in desperate situations).