Midpoints

Does anyone know much about midpoints in the chart, I was looking at my midpoints yesterday and my Venus/Pluto midpoint was square my Sun. But I am not sure how the midpoints work and what aspects I should be looking at. I will post my Midpoint chart soon to see if anyone can make heads or tails of it.

I may not even have read the Midpoint chart right. But I think my Venus/Pluto Midpoint is square my Sun, and Mars/Pluto Midpoint is square my Moon/Mercury conjunction. If that's how you read it. Also do you think house positions matter for where the Midpoints fall. Or do I ignore them. This is all very interesting adding an extra more subtle meaning to my planetary energies.

My Midpoint Chart

Last edited:
Well I guess this was a boring topic. :rolleyes: Oh well I found it interesting and searched the net for meanings of my midpoints.

Here is what I found it was quite an interesting read and adds something extra to my natal chart. I haven't looked at all the meanings yet but I will explore this topic some more.

SU.VE.PL.
+ accommodating. adaptable. skilled at converting and transforming. spontaneous. charming. attractive. even-tempered. conciliatory. agreeable. likes variation and change. emotionally ardent. refined. enjoys eating. highly aesthetically-conscious. capable at artistic development.
Enjoyable transformation. Increasing sympathy or for a person. Development of affection. Personal gifts. Changes due to love of a man. Emotional transformation. Pleasure due to the husband's changes. Good digestion. Harmonious physical development. Restoration of physical balance due to nutrition. Harmonious course of the day. Years of developing love.
- not always trustworthy. [sometimes abusive in love or partnership.]

MO.MA.PL.
+ emotionally and mentally dynamic. active. goal-oriented. ambitious. daring. forthright. acts on instinct. arranges and organizes situations. adapts in practical affairs. capable of athletic development.
Readjustment due to the wife's activities. To contribute to change. To develop a profession. Active woman in transformation. Work plan. Woman's [or public] work in development. Organizing of women. To contribute to changes among the public. Developments of the working populace.
- fickle. has fluctuating energies. moody. [exploitive or abusive when unevolved.]

ME.MA.PL.
+ productively ambitious. practical. skillful. comprehensive; sees the overview. skilled at organizing. proceeds according to plans. systematic. carries on several activities simultaneously. skilled at combining things. assimilates readily. frequently changes opinions about work. change-prone.
Discussion of varying activities. To implement new ideas. To speak of increasing work. Stimulating exchange of ideas. To think of changes in work. To initiate an evolving discussion. Discussion of job development/s. Talk about readjustments. Change in commercial activities.
- easily scattered; tries do too many things at once. [exploitive or verbally abusive when unevolved.]

VE.MA.NE.
+ instinctive. intuitive. has reliable hunches. highly perceptive. private; drawn to obscurities. sentimental. highly imaginative. enraptured. playful. dispassionate. goes with the flow. nonchalant. daydreams. future-oriented. intuitively creative in art. drawn to metaphysical phenomena.
To act on a secret attraction. Esoteric work as a hobby. Enjoyable metaphysical work. To apply artistic imagination or inspiration.
- contrary. secretive. frail. easily swayed. unenergetic. idle. fanatical. deluded. unrealistic. disinterested. apathetic. passive. lacking in self-control. self-indulgent. indifferent. emotionally cool. dissatisfied. may have sexual dysfunctions. easily imposed upon. perverse.
To contribute to loss of sympathy. Sexual insecurity. Mistakes in love. Denial of or due to relatives. Danger of infection. Kidney disease or dysfunction.

Wow I haven't even looked at transits to midpoints yet, but I have read on the net that they can be important in understanding a situation which may not be shown by a transit to natal planet. But yes T. Uranus to the Sun/Moon midpoint does describe exactly what happened with your step mom and dad.

AquariusMoon

http://www.lunarliving.org/featured/sun-moon_midpoint.shtml

Shining Ray, yes, transits to the midpoints are important. My Sun-Moon mp is in H4, and everytime it's been conjuncted by an eclipse since my birth I've made a major move.

Also, certain transiting midpoints are worth watching.

You can also use the midpoints in synastry, like if A's Venus is conj the Sun/Moon mp of B, which is very good in synastry.

The most important mp's are the Sun/Moon and the ASC/MC mp's. Venus/Mars is good to watch for those that are single, Jupiter/Pluto for those in business. I'm new to mp's as well.

Those are nice interps that you found (as usual!) Astrodienst also has mp interps under the (Special) Walter Pullen wheel. Combination of Stellar Influences by Ebertin is a classic on midpoints.

Yes, the mp's you asked about do square your Sun (Venus/Pluto) and Moon/Mercury (Pluto/Mars).

Pretty art wheel. I have Kepler too. There is an add-on program that gives forecasts with Sun-Pluto and in addition gives the transits to the midpoints and transits from the transiting midpoints.

Hi AquariusMoon,

I have found these midpoints really interesting. It is only since I have got the Kepler Software, that I have been able to see the Midpoints aspects clearly. I have just been on the program and I have learnt to read the midpoint trees listed, so I can see all my midpoints aspecting planets a lot quicker. Does the Kepler program list M.C or Asc Midpoints I have been looking for these but can't seem to find them.

I was looking through my transits for 1997 for the month my father died (I am analysing significant events in my life) Saturn Conjuncts my Sun/M.C Midpoint in the 8th house and was opposing my natal Pluto. I know my transit describes this event but I didn't know my Sun/M.C Midpoint was in the 8th house. I thought this was quite a significant midpoint in my chart especially since it was activated. I am still playing around with all the features on the program to learn how to bring up all the different charts.

But I am very happy with the program it is really easy to use, It was my early valentines present. I never knew Midpoints could be so significant, I have always ignored them because they looked very complicated. But you have found them significant for your major home moves, so I will do lots more of exploring with them.

Thanks for the information, I got the interpretations from another forum I remember someone copied the book out on the subject. So it saves me buying a book. :)

EDIT: I found the Asc/Mc Midpoints, I had to right click on the midpoint list. I'll get there in the end. ;)

Last edited:

AquariusMoon

Shining Ray said:
EDIT: I found the Asc/Mc Midpoints, I had to right click on the midpoint list. I'll get there in the end. ;)

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip, Shining Ray! I just use the midpoint list under "Listing."

AqMoon

Last edited:

lilllybelle

I have keenly watched when ever a planet passes over my sun/moon midpoint, and to date nothing has ever happened when a planet passes over my midpoint. It could be that my midpoint is in the 12th house, so things are kind of quite there. L.

SimplyRed

Midpoints are used in Uranian astrology and futher developed into cosmobiology. Alfred Witte is the founder of Uranian and Reinhold Ebertin of comobiology.

Midpoints futher refine a chart and show where clusters of energy may be with certain natal planets and the MC/Asc. I can give info not readily seen. For instance a person has Jup/Mer midpoint conjunct their MC, this person more than likely can write well and see the big picture. Like my Midpoint of MC/Venus is currently transited by Pluto. Lets see what happens with this.

Noel Tyl uses them extensively with solar arc theory. This theory is based on the planets arcing to sensitive points or planets. It is different then progressions or secondary progressions.

Like Aquarious Moon states, they can often point to unknown connections in synastry or composite charts. Sun/moon being the most important midpoint.

Noel Tyl has a midpoint reference in his book, Solar ars

There is a midpoint calculator if you do not have the software to find them. It can be found be googling, midpoint calculator, astrology.

I have found them helpful in understanding the natal chart better and they are used in predictive as AM stated as well.

My sun/moon is 8 Aqa, almost conjunct Venus

AM, midpoint in fourth house means much because it shows where a lot of her energy may be put to good use. Home, psychological, roots. It further synthesizes a chart especially if a planet conjunct or oppose the sun/moon midpoint.

SimplyRed

SimplyRed said:
Midpoints are used in Uranian astrology and futher developed into cosmobiology. Alfred Witte is the founder of Uranian and Reinhold Ebertin of comobiology.

Midpoints futher refine a chart and show where clusters of energy may be with certain natal planets and the MC/Asc. I can give info not readily seen. For instance a person has Jup/Mer midpoint conjunct their MC, this person more than likely can write well and see the big picture. Like my Midpoint of MC/Venus is currently transited by Pluto. Lets see what happens with this.

Noel Tyl uses them extensively with solar arc theory. This theory is based on the planets arcing to sensitive points or planets. It is different then progressions or secondary progressions.

Like Aquarious Moon states, they can often point to unknown connections in synastry or composite charts. Sun/moon being the most important midpoint.

Noel Tyl has a midpoint reference in his book, Solar ars

There is a midpoint calculator if you do not have the software to find them. It can be found be googling, midpoint calculator, astrology.

I have found them helpful in understanding the natal chart better and they are used in predictive as AM stated as well.

My sun/moon is 8 Aqa, almost conjunct Venus

AM, midpoint in fourth house means much because it shows where a lot of her energy may be put to good use. Home, psychological, roots. It further synthesizes a chart especially if a planet conjunct or oppose the sun/moon midpoint.

I wanted add, What a Pisces Chart, Beautiful

Thanks AM, I had not read that one by Noel Tyl, Love his work.
So, I guess Venus again, conjuncts sun moon midpoint

Strange, have always ditched my Venus, thinking it unimportant in my chart.
Venus, and Aquarious as well. We Aqu Venus tend to keep people at a distance. Find most relatonships smothering.

Learn something everyday:) Strange, I know the least about Venus than any planet. HMMMM, thought I knew most about my chart. Another MP sort.

Thanks for the information Simplyred, I have been reading a bit more on the net about these Midpoints. You can read them like a back up to your chart further confirming what is already there in the natal. Also it can reveal extra information. I have personally always connected strongly to my Venus/Pluto aspect in my chart although natally it isn't the tightest of aspects in my chart. Although this aspect does rule both my M.C and I.C, so this could be why it has felt pretty strong. But my Venus/Pluto Midpoint squares my Sun and my Ascendant. So this could be an added factor to the stronger emphasis I feel on this aspect.

I also read the harmonics from a reading in the Kepler program and for the very strong harmonics in my chart they were accurate in their reading. The other ones I didn't relate too, which had less influence. I have always had quite a probing little investigative mind, and I like to look into the darker subjects in Astrology like death/murder/suicide cases. But I have never really been able to see this side of me in my chart. But other factors with harmonics/and midpoints have explained something different which I could not find in my natal. Of course the natal planets aspects/placements are the most important overall factors.

But after saying all that my Venus/Pluto probably attracts me to the darker side of life. So this is probably the indication in my chart. I will definitely have to look further and read a lot more on the subject.

Belgianmoonguy

My Sun/ Moon MP is 16°13' Leo (/Aqua)
And I have Jupiter on 16°18' Aqua... I think this could make Jupiter more important...
I also have my Virgo AC in the Sag Dwad (7°30' - 9°59' Virgo), and Jupiter is the apex of a T square...

My Sun/ Venus MP lands on my Cheiron... Being wounded and have wounded in matters of love, but also able to overwin this wounds and teach about them, being wounded in matters of the self...

My Sun/ Saturn MP falls in my 1st house, conjunct my rising (but an orb of 4°, i prefer to keep orbs until 2° with MP's)... May be that's the reason why they estimate me older then I am

My Sun/ Neptune MP is conjunct my Juno... Some relations I had were ambigouos and I seem to attract dubious relationships...

My Moon/ Venus MP is conjunct my Mercury... I seem to communicate well about feelings, my feminine side and i'm not shy to talk about that (well, sometimes not, sometimes well)... Feelings do have a place in the life of men and women...

Only the Sun/ Moon MP = Jupiter falls in the same degree (16°), others one I mentioned are 1 or 2° away...

joyrjw

I got a couple of midpoints reports done not too long ago and I thought that it might be useful to post the information I recieved. So here it is.... :)

The natal midpoints represent our birth traits, our strengths, weaknesses and potential for personal growth. Each midpoint could involve others who are part of our life’s path. Thus, a natal midpoint may apply to family and friends as opposed to the energy being directed to the self. Likewise, the medical influences and health issues mentioned are often manifest by others in our lives as opposed to the self. The possible medical problems, as well as the "shadow side" of a midpoint may never become an active manifestation of the midpoint's energy when addressed early.
[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

joyrjw

Here's the other report, I think this one is actually really accurate ....

Technical Details of how the planetary patterns are determined: Each interpretation is based on a 3-planet
pattern. The 3 planets are forming a midpoint structure where a planet forms one of the following aspects to the
midpoint of 2 other planets: conjunct or opposition with 2 degee orb, square with 1 1/2 degree orb, semisquare
or sesquiquadrate with a 1 degree orb, or 1/16, 3/16, 5/16, or 7/16 with a 30 minute orb. Also, the 3 planets are
aspected to each other in the same harmonic. The harmonics analyzed are 1 through 64 and any doubling of
these numbers

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

cindystubbs

Re: Midpoints What if a planet is there, on that point?

I have jupiter exactly on the midpoint between the Sun and Moon.
I have Saturn exactly between Neptune and Mercury.
I have the Sun 18 degrees away from Mercury and from Saturn so it also is a midpoint/
what can this mean to have so many, and is Jupiter the only one that counts? I also have all these bi-quintiles.
Wierd

Does anyone know much about midpoints in the chart, I was looking at my midpoints yesterday and my Venus/Pluto midpoint was square my Sun. But I am not sure how the midpoints work and what aspects I should be looking at. I will post my Midpoint chart soon to see if anyone can make heads or tails of it.
midpoints
I have my chart ruler Uranus conj Sun/moon midpoint and mercury conj Asc/MC midpoint. These two are the most important as far as midpoints go. They can be very sensitive points, espec to progressions, transits and solar arcs. To watch/research how these points play out make a note of the degree for example my sun/moon = 3' 05" taururs, but any at that degree in 'fixed' will be considered same as conj, square or opposition. Same with Asc/MC being 'outlet or exit points' for planets energies. So although I have mercury retrograde natally, having this conj Asc/MC I've always known that communications, written, verbal, relating, analysing are important to me but in practical way (taurus merc)
http://www.cafeastrology.com/astrologytopics/midpoints.html
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/midpoints/index.php
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/midpoints.html
http://www.astrocollege.com/campus/libraries/The_Magic_Of_Midpoints.pdf

How to calculate midpoints http://www.cafeastrology.com/sunmoonmidpointrelationship.html

Free online midpoint calculator
http://www.noendpress.com/pvachier/midpoints/index.php

Midpoint lessons
http://junojuno2.tripod.com/mini.htm
http://junojuno2.tripod.com/
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17513
The orb has to be very tight 1’ or max 1’30” to be effective though

m0ney*p0wer*re$pect

I just now learning about midpoints myself. My most powerful midpoint, in my opinion, is the mars/Pluto midpoint and that's b/c my sun is located exactly on the midpoint. It's like my sun is the midpoint.

And for me, I admire anything powerful. The kind of power you can't deny, even if you try. the "it" thing. I an a very driven person and my drive gets stronger after every failure b/c I put so much energy and emotion into things I love. And I do the Sam for relationships(though my Venus and mercury is in Scorpio)

I am domineering at times and as a child I was extremely aggressive and rebellious, I was always fighting. I changes going to high school a b/c my focus shifted.

I have had my share of emotional breakdowns where is just had to break down to tears(alone of course)but came put transform and stronger. My drive comes from failures an hope that I triumph.

A couple ppl told me I have a dark personality, but I also have a 1st house Pluto lol so I can easily turn tha human me off and turn the beast on lol

Re: Midpoints What if a planet is there, on that point?

I have jupiter exactly on the midpoint between the Sun and Moon.
I have Saturn exactly between Neptune and Mercury.
I have the Sun 18 degrees away from Mercury and from Saturn so it also is a midpoint/
what can this mean to have so many, and is Jupiter the only one that counts? I also have all these bi-quintiles.
Wierd

When first exploring these, just stick to these most important ie; Asc/MC and Sun/moon

I just now learning about midpoints myself. My most powerful midpoint, in my opinion, is the mars/Pluto midpoint and that's b/c my sun is located exactly on the midpoint. It's like my sun is the midpoint.

A couple ppl told me I have a dark personality, but I also have a 1st house Pluto lol so I can easily turn tha human me off and turn the beast on lol

Also depends on how your pluto is aspected? Pluto in first holds themselves aloof, back, distant, never really shows what's going on underneath.....