Stars beside Procyon in my chart?

herokangta

Hi, I've been interested in Traditional astrology recently.

I've been told that I've got a Procyon in my chart.

I've learnt that Procyon with Pluto is "dangerous". What does it mean?

And I'd like to ask whether I had any other stars? If yes whaat are they?

Thanks so much!!! I'd love to hear from you guys!!!!

Here is my chart:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
astro2gw01herokangta260.gif

dr. farr

An easily available source of information about the fixed stars is constellationsofwords.com; remember that planets (and horoscopic points like the ascending degree and MC, for example) can connect with stars in several ways:
-conjunction in longitude
-Parallel in declination
-Parallel in latitude
These tables are all available at the internet site mentioned above; when 2 or more stars are connected with the same planet or point, then the indications of each star must be compared, contrasted and blended to form a reliable estimate of the net influences upon that planet, and through that planet (or other point) upon the chart as a whole.

Olivia

Procyon was around 25 Cancer when you were born, so why anyone is telling you it's conjunct Pluto in your chart is beyond me. Fixed stars work by conjunction only, and for Procyon I wouldn't give more than a degree or two. Even then, we usually want to see some other indicators in the chart as to what the star portends - say if you had a fixed star that gives wealth and 14 other indications that give poverty - you're probably going to be poor.

Fixed stars are assigned natures according to which planet or planetary mixture they're most like - if you want to see what there is for specific delineatory material, you'll probably need to scroll down to the bottom of the page for each star on the CoW web site.

herokangta

Well, I'm sorry I'm very new to this so please do not mind my ignorance. but what do you mean by conjunction only? I only have Mercury-Pluto conjunction. Now I don't understand what is a Procyon?

Well, Traditional astrology is really tough. And the ways you guys - the masters talk about it are also difficult to understand. :tongue:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Procyon is a fixed star in the constellation Canis Minor. Fixed stars, as the name implies are fixed, except not really. They move so very slowly that it appears that they don't move at all. Procyon is currently around 25° Cancer, so it's only going to effect planets at this degree. Stars don't cast rays, so they can't participate in aspects, they only influence planets that are in conjunction with them.

I would probably be a bit more interested in Canopus on your MC, it's one of my favorite stars.

JUPITERASC

Hi, I've been interested in Traditional astrology recently.

I've been told that I've got a Procyon in my chart.
Bernadette Brady explains how Fixed Stars relate to your natal chart

– Free illustrated talk:

Visual Astrology – Working With The Whole Sky
http://www.visualastrology.co.uk/Flash_lecture/lecture_mainpage.htm

I've learnt that Procyon with Pluto is "dangerous". What does it mean?
Traditional Astrology began thousands of years before the discovery of 'the outer planets' and therefore ancient astrologers predicted using Fixed Stars, Eclipses, and the seven visible classical planets Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn as well as the various 'Lots' eg Lot of Fortune aka Part of Fortune and so on. One of the recently discovered outer planets has been re-classified by astronomers as one of the 'Dwarf' Planets and there's a thread explaining why at :

Why Pluto Is No Longer A Planet
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55941

Reasons why Jupiter and Saturn are the Generational Planets
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50915

And I'd like to ask whether I had any other stars? If yes whaat are they?

Thanks so much!!! I'd love to hear from you guys!!!
!

If you would like to know the locations of other fixed stars on your natal chart then on astro.com 'Free Horoscopes'

(1) choose the option 'Extended Chart Selection Page'

(2) tick the box 'Add Some Fixed Stars'

(3) scroll to the bottom of the page and click on 'List of Fixed Stars [150kb]'

(4) select Procyon from the list of Fixed Stars – one may choose up to 10 additional stars

then natal chart with Fixed Stars is displayed :smile:

herokangta

Thanks so much. I have successfully added two fixed stars to my charts. I have some questions:

1) "Stars don't cast rays, so they can't participate in aspects, they only influence planets that are in conjunction with them" So in this case Procyon only influence Mars, in what ways?

Please correct me if i am wrong so from the constellation website under The astrological influences of the star Procyon, I will interpret the Procyon as regards to planet Mars, coz Procyon in my chart only influence Mars. Is it correct??

2) There are so many fixed stars, how can we choose the most significant ones?

3) According to the website I found, Canopus is not a very good star to have :( I'm sorry if that is wrong. Unless "culminating". I don't know about that.
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Canopus.html

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks so much everyone for your help!!!! Looking forward to your replies!!!!

Last edited:

herokangta

I saw a list of 10 Brightest stars so I started with the first 10. Is it alright?
http://space.about.com/od/stars/tp/brighteststars.htm

So u mean the stars must be "ON the ecliptic". Oh, I will listen to her talk. Wow. It is very interesting. I've been interested in Modern Astrology for a while, and then Chinese Astrology and now this one. Really interesting how you have some similar interpretations from three different styles!!!!

Thanks so much JUPITERASC!!!! :D

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I saw a list of 10 Brightest stars so I started with the first 10. Is it alright?
http://space.about.com/od/stars/tp/brighteststars.htm

So u mean the stars must be "ON the ecliptic". Oh, I will listen to her talk. Wow. It is very interesting. I've been interested in Modern Astrology for a while, and then Chinese Astrology and now this one. Really interesting how you have some similar interpretations from three different styles!!!!

Thanks so much JUPITERASC!!!! :D
That's ok herokangta! btw there's a description of the Sun's path around the sun at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-DYgGFjI&feature=related that clears up many important questions that beginners ask :smile:

herokangta

Thanks you so much!!! It's 2 am now in my country. I will listen to the talk and youtube file in the afternoon ;) before I have any further questions. Thank you. It's really interesting!!!!!! :smile:
You are a great teacher!!!!!!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Fixed Stars are what I call a tertiary consideration. This means that I would look at all the stuff that is in our solar system before I would look at the influence of a BEING far away. Of course distrance really isn't a consideration.

But stars are also affected by their placement, so even the nastiest star like Algol if placed in a powerful and low friction house and powerful and low friction sign is going to be less of an impact.

But anything that you see in a star needs to have a correlation in other parts of your chart. Other stars cannot take precedence over the rest of your chart.

JUPITERASC

Thanks you so much!!! It's 2 am now in my country. I will listen to the talk and youtube file in the afternoon ;) before I have any further questions. Thank you. It's really interesting!!!!!! :smile:
You are a great teacher!!!!!!
Thanks and very kind of you to say so herokangta! Remember that Astrology has many layers and multiple ways of providing answers therefore it is worth listening to all the different opinions on the subject because quite simply, no one is right and no one is wrong. There are multiple astrological techniques and millions of astrologers who can make each one of those techniques 'work' for them personally.

Keep asking questions no matter how much you find out because there is always new insight to discover. btw there is a brief article on the origins of house systems which is well worth reading at
http://www.librarising.com/astrology/misc/wholesignhouses.html :smile:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
herokangta said:
Please correct me if i am wrong so from the constellation website under The astrological influences of the star Procyon, I will interpret the Procyon as regards to planet Mars, coz Procyon in my chart only influence Mars. Is it correct??

Yes, this is correct. Procyon only has the power to influence Mars because he's the only planet near enough.

There are so many fixed stars, how can we choose the most significant ones?

By prominence (brightness of the star) and position (if it is connected to anything in the chart). Don't ever give a fixed star more than a 2 degree influence, except for maybe some of the more famous ones. I usually do something like 3 degrees for famous stars, 2 degrees for first magnitude stars, 1 degree for second magnitude stars, and exact for everyone else.

According to the website I found, Canopus is not a very good star to have :( I'm sorry if that is wrong. Unless "culminating". I don't know about that.

Canopus is a very fortunate star. I personally don't care much for Robson's interpretations of the stars. :) Diana Rosenburg does a much better job in her huge dictionary of stars. Culminating means on the MC.

So u mean the stars must be "ON the ecliptic".

No, all stars are projected onto the ecliptic when they are listed in zodiacal degrees. The positions given for stars that are actually on or near the ecliptic are going to be more accurate.

Zarathu said:
But stars are also affected by their placement, so even the nastiest star like Algol if placed in a powerful and low friction house and powerful and low friction sign is going to be less of an impact.

I disagree with you here. Stars aren't affected by accidental dignity. They are beings greater than the planets. If you have Algol connected to any planet in any house you're going to have trouble.

herokangta

Thanks so much!!!!!! I have some questions to ask.

I am not currently living in my country. So I should still use my natal chart or the new relocation chart with the new positioned fixed stars?

And what is the difference between fixed stars and asteroids? For example, Vertex, Chiron, Juno vs the fixed stars? What have more influence in the chart?

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
I disagree with you here. Stars aren't affected by accidental dignity. They are beings greater than the planets. If you have Algol connected to any planet in any house you're going to have trouble.

Accidental dignity has nothing to do with the technology of Astrodynes and Cosmodynes. This is what I'm talking about when I say Power and Friction, and enormous amount of information is involved in that.

While I don't deny that they are Beings greater that our planets, those Beings are not part of our Scheme. Since our Sun is more significant than those stars which have their own schemes, the energies granted by our own Solar Logos to the Planetary Logoi are in relation to us, more significant that other Solar Logoi far away.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Accidental dignity has nothing to do with the technology of Astrodynes and Cosmodynes. This is what I'm talking about when I say Power and Friction, and enormous amount of information is involved in that.

And astrodynes and cosmodynes have nothing to do with traditional astrology and that approach of interpreting stars in charts since they weren't a developed technique until 1946.

While I don't deny that they are Beings greater that our planets, those Beings are not part of our Scheme. Since our Sun is more significant than those stars which have their own schemes, the energies granted by our own Solar Logos to the Planetary Logoi are in relation to us, more significant that other Solar Logoi far away.
We'll just have to agree to disagree about the different world views being utilized here. As far as I'm concerned, those distant stars are more with us than, say, the outer planets or asteroids.

herokangta said:
I just figured out i've got Vindemiatrix conjunct Jupiter in my natal. Well, it's a bad sign!!

Yes, Vindemiatrix is kind of a weird star. Having it connected with Jupiter sounds pretty rough since it's a star with the nature of Saturn/Mercury. :(

Last edited:

herokangta

Well, Procyon conjunct Mars in my chart is also not a good sign :( I heard Vindemiatrix means widowhood :( upset already!!! Now I wish these stars don't have much influence, even though it does.

Last edited: