Trans Mars square Nat Mars and Tr Nat Sun at Same Time?!

I'm baffled by this transit combo. How does a transiting Mars square my natal Mars and trine my natal sun at the same time manifest? How does the energy show up?

Natal Mars = 28 degrees Scorpio on the Ascendent
Natal Sun = 28 degrees Sagittarius 2nd house cusp

Thanks!!

NativeMoon

Osamenor

Staff member
I would expect a Mars/sun theme to show up in some way. Mars is drive, passion, aggression, rage, desire, will... all of those things... and sun is core sense of self. If transiting Mars is in Leo, home of the sun, we've got some extra emphasis on sun here.

I haven't noticed this so much with Mars square Mars, but when I have a Mars return, I get more impatient and short tempered, less likely to take any sh!t (real or perceived!). A few months ago, I had a Mars return at the very moment of the very day when the moon was opposing my natal Mars, and I really felt it.

For you, Mars isn't just squaring your natal Mars, it's also squaring your ascendant. That makes it extra powerful right there. And since natal Mars is on your ascendant, and domiciled, too, it's extra, extra powerful. Moon is currently in that part of the zodiac, too--Sagittarius at this moment, went through Scorpio a couple days ago--so your feelings may be extra on edge.

Mars square the ascendant, or itself, or any crucial point, could be an extra impetus to get going and make some change, or get something done. If there's something you've been meaning to do, this may be the moment you get around to doing it. If there's something you want to change about your life, this might be when you're more apt to take initiative and make it happen. However, it might be a small thing, and you might not know what effect it has until much later on.

Every Mars transit happens once every two years, give or take a couple months. The best way for you to know what happens to you during this transit is to pay attention to your experiences, and to also note what happened for you during previous times when Mars transited this spot. Get an ephemeris, note when Mars was here before, and anything you can remember about that time.

Last edited:

Lin

Mars moves pretty quickly....so whatever it is will be fast....unless Mars is retrograde at the time or will go retrograde soon after.

I don't think there is such a "life" where there are no conflicts in transits.

for instance: I have Venus at 18 Cancer and my Sun at 14 degrees Leo.

So: I have 16 Scorpio rising. EVERY TIME something conjuncts my ASC it first squares my Sun and then trines my Venus..

I have several issues like that in my chart. It's not a BIG problem unless it's a heavy (outer) planet which is crossing my ASC. Then there is a LOT of conflict and confusion.

So....don't worry.
LIN

Thank you very much! Just yesterday, I took on a research intensive project that will require me to jump in immediately. I will need to pull together some information that will keep me very busy for about a week. That's during the time of the transit I am speaking of. I always get fearful when I see transiting Mars square or oppose my natal Mars (in my first house). But then I noticed that it also trines my natal Sun, so I wondered if they "cancel out" each other... in a way.

Lin

Mars rules "adrenaline" ....so if you didn't "jump to" during a square or opposition it would be odd!!
LIN

Yes! I spent the day working hard on a report that I have been procrastinating on because of the level of difficulty. It took me a while to finally sit down and start. Ugh! It's been hanging over my head for a couple weeks now, and because I have other pressing work in waiting, I had to get it done. Not easy during a Mercury retrograde. :andy:

Thank you!