Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-22-2017, 01:23 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Virtue of being self-absorbed?

What's wrong with being self-absorbed?

Seriously.

It's better than being selflessly-absorbed.

[moved from an astrological thread - Moderator]

Advertisements:

Last edited by wilsontc; 02-27-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-22-2017)
  #2  
Unread 02-22-2017, 07:34 AM
AtomsInPlace's Avatar
AtomsInPlace AtomsInPlace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What's wrong with being self-absorbed?

Seriously.

It's better than being selflessly-absorbed.
Hi AppLeo

Hehe, selflessly absorbed...That's an interesting concept. Would you like to expand on that?

I guess there is a reason and season for everything and all ways of being...

Thank you for your input

Well wishes to you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-22-2017, 08:35 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomsInPlace View Post
Hi AppLeo

Hehe, selflessly absorbed...That's an interesting concept. Would you like to expand on that?
If you're selfishly involved, you'll always have your back.

If you're selflessly involved, someone else will always else has your back.

In other words, if you don't trust the world, it's better to be selfish because you can count on yourself. You don't know if other people will have your back.

If you do trust the world, it's better to be selfless because you can count on other people. You don't know if you will have your back.

In the end though, we are all responsible for ourselves and what we might do. We have no idea what other people might do. It's better to be selfish because at least yourself is the most predictable person on Earth.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-22-2017)
  #4  
Unread 02-22-2017, 09:39 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

If you're selfishly involved, you'll always have your back.

If you're selflessly involved, someone else will always else has your back.

In other words, if you don't trust the world, it's better to be selfish because you can count on yourself. You don't know if other people will have your back.

If you do trust the world, it's better to be selfless because you can count on other people. You don't know if you will have your back.

In the end though, we are all responsible for ourselves and what we might do. We have no idea what other people might do. It's better to be selfish because at least yourself is the most predictable person on Earth.


__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
CancerEvolve (04-18-2017), Sunny (02-24-2017)
  #5  
Unread 02-22-2017, 06:50 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post


Thinking of yourself first is probably the most important thing you can do.

As a 7th house sun, I know what it's like to be selfless, and it never ends well. You always come first before anyone else. That's like a law of life.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-23-2017)
  #6  
Unread 02-24-2017, 01:38 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,448
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What's wrong with being self-absorbed?

Seriously.

It's better than being selflessly-absorbed.
Thank you for mentioning. As most definitely it is relevant and important. My first inclination is to disagree... However, I'm now fully aware that I must certainly agree with this point. I see that most people are definitely self-absorbed and that is the norm! I also see how that is an advantage in this world and is an attitude to embrace for most. People, mostly, only care about themselves and furthering their direction. If one embraces this pathway, one has a better chance of surviving since you are focusing primarily on yourself. Why wouldn't it be the most evolutionary successful individual?

In knowing this, you have to always question the motive of the "other" person and embrace your thoughts, instincts, and knowledge as your reaction or counterpoint to their self-centeredness. So, are they aligned with you? Or, are they solely out for themselves? It's an interesting position to be in since you have to weigh how to, then, trust the other. I personally find this bothersome, but have seen it happen time and again...

Last edited by StillOne; 03-12-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (02-24-2017)
  #7  
Unread 02-24-2017, 05:27 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Thank you for mentioning. As most definitely it is relevant and important. My first inclination is to disagree... However, I'm now fully aware that I must certainly agree with this point. I see that most people are definitely self-absorbed and that is the norm! I also see how that is an advantage in this world and is an attitude to embrace for most. People, mostly, only care about themselves and furthering their direction. If one embraces this pathway, one has a better chance of surviving since you are focusing primarily on yourself. Why wouldn't it be the most evolutionary successful individual?

In knowing this, you have to always question the motive of the "other" person and embrace your thoughts, instincts, and knowledge as your reaction or counterpoint to their self-centeredness. So, are they aligned with you? Or, are they solely out for themselves? It's an interesting position to be in since you have to weigh how to, then, trust the other. I personally find this bothersome, but have seen it happen time and again...
You're welcome. :3

BTW, it's not in anyone selfish interest to have immoral motives. It's literally selfless to lie, steal, cheat, murder and everything along those lines. It doesn't help you at all to do those things; it just corrupts your soul and sooner or later people will not want to associate with you.

Everyone is self-absorbed differently, meaning, everyone wants, desires, and needs different things. If one person has something you want, and you have something they want, you can help each other selfishly. And if you want something that someone else doesn't have, you don't have to waste your time on them and vice versa. I think that's way better than just being selfless and hoping that what you're doing will help the other person at your own expense.

And people can have bad motives selflessly as well. In fact, I think people would be more inclined to have evil motives if they are selfless because every action they take is either to get the person to like them or appreciate them, to "appear" moral, and to ultimately base their entire existence on the behalf of someone else and not themselves; that can only end badly.

People should not be responsible for your well-being. YOU are responsible for your well-being.

I think this is why the Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra.

And not to get political, but being selflessly absorbed is similar to communism, socialism, or collectivism... and we all know those things never work. Humans need other people, but only if it benefits the individual; otherwise, what's the point of being in a group?

Forgot to mention, I question the motives of the people who are NOT out for themselves. Something must be wrong with them, and the people that willingly take advantage of people who are NOT out for themselves are psychopaths, narcissists, or energy vampires. The most evil people in the world would not be able to thrive if selfless people did not exist.

Last edited by AppLeo; 02-24-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #8  
Unread 02-24-2017, 06:20 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 7,268
Smile Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Thinking of yourself first is probably the most important thing you can do.

As a 7th house sun, I know what it's like to be selfless, and it never ends well. You always come first before anyone else. That's like a law of life.
"If you're not for yourself, who are you? If you're only for yourself, what are you?"--{paraphrasing Rabbi Hillel}
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017), Luney (06-23-2017)
  #9  
Unread 02-24-2017, 09:25 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

You're welcome. :3

BTW, it's not in anyone selfish interest to have immoral motives.
From a perspective that Immorality in one culture
is often perceived as Morality in other cultures
then “immoral motive” is a cultural notion
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

It's literally selfless to lie, steal, cheat, murder

and everything along those lines
Siriusly intriguing notion
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

It doesn't help you at all to do those things;

it just corrupts your soul
and sooner or later people will not want to associate with you.
Not unexpectedly
few associate willingly with liars, cheaters, thieves, murderers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Everyone is self-absorbed differently

meaning, everyone wants, desires, and needs different things.
Obviously Individuality leads to individual preferences
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

If one person has something you want,

and you have something they want
you can help each other selfishly.
IF they are willing to trade
– depends on the value of what is wanted by each individual
obviously there may be others with a better trade on offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

And if you want something that someone else doesn't have

you don't have to waste your time on them and vice versa.
To associate solely with those from whom one can get something
is known as using people
and is a waste of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

I think that's way better than just being selfless

and hoping
that what you're doing will help the other person
at your own expense.
Using people to get what one wants
is not unexpectedly more appealing to users than “just being selfless”
and is common in westernised culture
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #10  
Unread 02-24-2017, 09:27 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

And people can have bad motives selflessly as well.
Certainly motivation is key
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

In fact,

I think
people would be more inclined to have evil motives if they are selfless
Interesting perspective
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

because every action they take

is either to get the person to like them or appreciate them
to "appear" moral
because most value appreciation
then most seek social acceptance

hence most seek to “appear” moral
and
that's basic level social interaction
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

and to ultimately base their entire existence on the behalf of someone else

and not themselves
that can only end badly
Those kinds of people have got themselves crucified in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

People should not be responsible for your well-being.

YOU are responsible for your well-being.
I think this is why the Sun is exalted in Aries
and debilitated in Libra.
And not to get political, but being selflessly absorbed
is similar to communism, socialism, or collectivism
... and we all know those things never work.
To say “we all to know those things never work”
is a sweeping assumption
not based on factual reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Humans need other people,

but only if it benefits the individual;
otherwise, what's the point of being in a group?
Humans are social animals indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Forgot to mention,

I question the motives of the people who are NOT out for themselves.
Something must be wrong with them
Very suspicious indeed in our “me society”
which cultivates selfish attitudes
when we encounter someone being unselfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

and the people that willingly take advantage

of people who are NOT out for themselves
are psychopaths, narcissists, or energy vampires.
It seems then
all motives are suspect for one reason or another
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

The most evil people in the world

would not be able to thrive
if selfless people did not exist.
That "the most evil people in the world" are perceived as thriving
is misperception
evil people do not ultimately thrive
also
If selfless people are content while being selfless
then that is their prerogative
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 02-24-2017, 09:29 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post


"If you're not for yourself, who are you?


If you're only for yourself, what are you?"-
-{paraphrasing Rabbi Hillel}

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (02-24-2017), AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #12  
Unread 02-24-2017, 09:35 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

And people can have bad motives selflessly as well.
motivation is key
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

In fact,

I think
people would be more inclined to have evil motives if they are selfless
Interesting perspective
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

because every action they take

is either to get the person to like them or appreciate them
to "appear" moral
because most value appreciation
then most seek social acceptance

hence most seek to “appear” moral
and
that's basic level social interaction
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

and to ultimately base their entire existence on the behalf of someone else

and not themselves
that can only end badly
Those kinds of people have got themselves crucified in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

People should not be responsible for your well-being.

YOU are responsible for your well-being.
I think this is why the Sun is exalted in Aries
and debilitated in Libra.
And not to get political, but being selflessly absorbed
is similar to communism, socialism, or collectivism
... and we all know those things never work.
To say “we all to know those things never work”
is a sweeping assumption
not based on factual reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Humans need other people,

but only if it benefits the individual;
otherwise, what's the point of being in a group?
Humans are social animals indeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Forgot to mention,

I question the motives of the people who are NOT out for themselves.
Something must be wrong with them
Very suspicious indeed in our “me society”
which cultivates selfish attitudes
when we encounter someone being unselfish
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

and the people that willingly take advantage

of people who are NOT out for themselves
are psychopaths, narcissists, or energy vampires.
It seems then
all motives are suspect for one reason or another
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

The most evil people in the world

would not be able to thrive
if selfless people did not exist.
That "the most evil people in the world" are perceived as thriving
is misperception
evil people do not ultimately thrive
also
If selfless people are content while being selfless
then that is their prerogative
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #13  
Unread 02-24-2017, 01:01 PM
AtomsInPlace's Avatar
AtomsInPlace AtomsInPlace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

This has turned into an interesting discussion...

Selfish vs Selfless...

The concept reminds me of the protocol in an emergency situation during flight, we are instructed to place the oxygen mask on ourselves first and then to assist any others who will need our help, such as children etc.

So one could say that it behooves us to take care of ourselves and our needs first, so that we are in a better position to be of service to others...

Also, when one thinks deeply enough about it, there really is no such thing as being totally and absolutely selfless. It oftens benefits us to act "selflessly" as it most often benefits the whole of which we are a part, so it benefits us by default and also because, for the majority of people, it simply "feels good to do good", so we're still getting something out of it.

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtomsInPlace For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (02-24-2017), JUPITERASC (02-24-2017), Luney (06-23-2017)
  #14  
Unread 02-24-2017, 01:05 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomsInPlace View Post




Indeed
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Unread 02-24-2017, 01:23 PM
AtomsInPlace's Avatar
AtomsInPlace AtomsInPlace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

That "the most evil people in the world" are perceived as thriving
is misperception
evil people do not ultimately thrive
also
If selfless people are content while being selfless
then that is their prerogative
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtomsInPlace For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-25-2017)
  #16  
Unread 02-24-2017, 03:17 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,448
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
You're welcome. :3

BTW, it's not in anyone selfish interest to have immoral motives. It's literally selfless to lie, steal, cheat, murder and everything along those lines. It doesn't help you at all to do those things; it just corrupts your soul and sooner or later people will not want to associate with you.

Everyone is self-absorbed differently, meaning, everyone wants, desires, and needs different things. If one person has something you want, and you have something they want, you can help each other selfishly. And if you want something that someone else doesn't have, you don't have to waste your time on them and vice versa. I think that's way better than just being selfless and hoping that what you're doing will help the other person at your own expense.

And people can have bad motives selflessly as well. In fact, I think people would be more inclined to have evil motives if they are selfless because every action they take is either to get the person to like them or appreciate them, to "appear" moral, and to ultimately base their entire existence on the behalf of someone else and not themselves; that can only end badly.

People should not be responsible for your well-being. YOU are responsible for your well-being.

I think this is why the Sun is exalted in Aries and debilitated in Libra.

And not to get political, but being selflessly absorbed is similar to communism, socialism, or collectivism... and we all know those things never work. Humans need other people, but only if it benefits the individual; otherwise, what's the point of being in a group?

Forgot to mention, I question the motives of the people who are NOT out for themselves. Something must be wrong with them, and the people that willingly take advantage of people who are NOT out for themselves are psychopaths, narcissists, or energy vampires. The most evil people in the world would not be able to thrive if selfless people did not exist.
Well I'm certainly going to disagree with most of this rationale. In my mind this is largely the problem we face today and why the world is in the turmoil it is in. However, I don't have the time to go into more of it now... not sure I want to anyway since it appears we are completely opposite in our viewpoints.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017), JUPITERASC (02-25-2017), kahtiel (04-20-2017)
  #17  
Unread 02-24-2017, 06:38 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

unnamed-3.jpg

..................
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #18  
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:24 PM
jkxx74's Avatar
jkxx74 jkxx74 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver area, CO
Posts: 311
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Thank you jkxx74
You're welcome - glad that made sense too. Not the case usually with me. Anyway, whenever I see a cluster of many outer planet transits hitting someone it's usually a sign things are feeling really chaotic in a person's life. If the chart indicates introversion it's even more so because we are not as capable of unloading it on others to get a perspective on what's happening. So anything that can help is good.

The way this topic has progressed has piqued my interest in general though as it's so philosophical. What constitutes being selfish? Ensuring we have a job while bumping someone else off so we can provide for our own well-being? Taking advantage of someone because they seem "weak"? Seeing someone suffering on the street and ignoring it? It seems that this is not a set-in-stone distinction and is different for everyone. About the most fascinating (and if you like things balanced, disturbing) bit about this is that someone who is seemingly selfish in one way can be quite unselfish in others when something stimulates them in the opposite direction. So there isn't even an absolute frame of reference for it.

But, good food for thought
__________________
My chart: http://jkansoft.mine.nu/mychart1.JPG

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jkxx74 For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #19  
Unread 02-24-2017, 11:36 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

It is good food for thought. Philosophy is a great thing. To just sit around and ponder things is great.

Anyway, AtomsInPlace, you should be proud of your chart and it's "selfishness" The majority of the planets are on the left side of the chart, which is something I envy considering that all of my personal planets are on the right side of my chart. Planets on the left usually indicates someone who is a leader and is not bogged down by the people around them. People with planets on the right are usually followers who let people control them. Even the planet on the right side of your chart (moon) is in the strong and "selfish" sign of Aries!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AppLeo For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-24-2017)
  #20  
Unread 02-25-2017, 12:04 AM
AtomsInPlace's Avatar
AtomsInPlace AtomsInPlace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
It is good food for thought. Philosophy is a great thing. To just sit around and ponder things is great.

Anyway, AtomsInPlace, you should be proud of your chart and it's "selfishness" The majority of the planets are on the left side of the chart, which is something I envy considering that all of my personal planets are on the right side of my chart. Planets on the left usually indicates someone who is a leader and is not bogged down by the people around them. People with planets on the right are usually followers who let people control them. Even the planet on the right side of your chart (moon) is in the strong and "selfish" sign of Aries!
Aw thanks AppLeo,

I like your energy...

Funny you should mention that about leadership qualities, quite a few people have mentioned the "leader" thing to me...Perhaps I just need to get over my own reluctancy...and I must admit that if the crowd is going that way, you'll most often find me galloping off in the opposite direction hehe...

This is one of my songs where I definately use my arian moon energy more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ7thr4F8jo


How do you use your "others" oriented energy in your own chart?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Unread 02-25-2017, 12:07 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 26,569
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomsInPlace View Post

Thought food is my favourite kind

Exactly, also someone can seem selfish, yet have a heart of gold and another can seem selfless yet have very shady intentions...

I was thinking would it be ok if I PM'ed you with some private questions?

Sorry I don't mean to leave anyone out of the loop,

there's just a few really sensitive areas of my life that I'm not quite ready to fully expose...



Very wise, to maintain your privacy
our forum rules remind us as follows

QUOTE
Please know that you should take your own risks
if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services,
as this forum does not undertake any responsibility
for any astrological services, especially those offered against a fee,
via this forum in any form: through public forums or chat,
private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum,
indexed by search engines (Google, for instance),
so basically everything you post here is not only viewable by any other person,
but it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search
.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let your food be your medicine: let your medicine be your food. Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY red cabbage sliced Equatorially illustrates the Golden Mean Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AtomsInPlace (02-25-2017)
  #22  
Unread 02-25-2017, 12:13 AM
AtomsInPlace's Avatar
AtomsInPlace AtomsInPlace is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 91
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

Very wise, to maintain your privacy
our forum rules remind us as follows

QUOTE
Please know that you should take your own risks
if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services,
as this forum does not undertake any responsibility
for any astrological services, especially those offered against a fee,
via this forum in any form: through public forums or chat,
private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum,
indexed by search engines (Google, for instance),
so basically everything you post here is not only viewable by any other person,
but it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search
.
Thank you for the headsup JUPITERASC

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Unread 02-25-2017, 09:54 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,448
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
If you're selfishly involved, you'll always have your back.

If you're selflessly involved, someone else will always else has your back.
Yes, but if you care about others and others care about you, then there's no need to be worried about each others backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
In other words, if you don't trust the world, it's better to be selfish because you can count on yourself. You don't know if other people will have your back.
Exactly, so there's nobody to trust... no one. Not your mom, your dad, wife, husband, kids, friends, siblings, teachers, police, policy makers, doctors etc. Nobody cares about you or your wellbeing. Someone can take advantage of you at any moment. Maybe those who trust each other will bond together against you. There you are alone since you can't trust anyone and no one can trust you. You have no support.

That sounds just terrible to me. Of course, you have to be armed to the teeth and surely there will never be any type of intimate relationship without trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
If you do trust the world, it's better to be selfless because you can count on other people.
Precisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
You don't know if you will have your back.
Ok if you say so. I know I have my own back.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
In the end though, we are all responsible for ourselves and what we might do. We have no idea what other people might do. It's better to be selfish because at least yourself is the most predictable person on Earth.
Let's define selfish.

self·ish
ˈselfiSH/Submit
adjective
(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
"I joined them for selfish reasons"
synonyms: egocentric, egotistic, egotistical, egomaniacal, self-centered, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving, wrapped up in oneself; inconsiderate, thoughtless, unthinking, uncaring, uncharitable; mean, miserly, grasping, greedy, mercenary, acquisitive, opportunistic; informal looking after number one
"he is just selfish by nature"

Let's drop selfless in there as well,

self·less
ˈselfləs/Submit
adjective
concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish.
"an act of selfless devotion"
synonyms: unselfish, altruistic, self-sacrificing, self-denying; considerate, compassionate, kind, noble, generous, magnanimous, ungrudging, charitable, benevolent, openhanded
"it was very selfless of you to help out your ex-husband like that"

Last edited by StillOne; 02-25-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-25-2017)
  #24  
Unread 02-25-2017, 10:40 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,448
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

Everyone is self-absorbed differently, meaning, everyone wants, desires, and needs different things. If one person has something you want, and you have something they want, you can help each other selfishly. And if you want something that someone else doesn't have, you don't have to waste your time on them and vice versa. I think that's way better than just being selfless and hoping that what you're doing will help the other person at your own expense.
There lies dapper dressed AppLeo in the middle of the Grand Ball choking on the dessert of the evening... that sumptuous chocolate banana split with extra whipped cream. There's only gasps from AppLeo's suffocating throat as that banana has become stuck. Guests all stand around watching the young man as he lay slowly dying on the floor.

AppLeo, is astonished as no one comes to his assistance! After all, his selfish nature has gotten him to the top of the company. He is important! However, his inconsiderate, thoughtless, unthinking, uncaring, uncharitable; mean, miserly, grasping, greedy, mercenary, acquisitive, and opportunistic ways don't sit well with the people around him. So they return to focusing on themselves, and let AppLeo die in the middle of the dance floor.

Assuredly, at least his lover should come to his rescue, no?! He knew his lover wasn't shy about a little mouth-to-mouth once in awhile and probably wouldn't mind a lil extra chocolate banana split either! Come help me!! Unfortunately AppLeo's recent lover is in the corner hooking up with the receptionist. So predictable, since AppLeo always said to focus on oneself before anyone else.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (02-25-2017)
  #25  
Unread 02-25-2017, 11:06 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 6,670
Re: Feeling guilty about my natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Yes, but if you care about others and others care about you, then there's no need to be worried about each others backs.
Yes, but if you care about others there is a possibility that they will be using you; and when you really do need there help they will abandon you. At least if you're selfish, you don't have to worry about you abandoning yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Exactly, so there's nobody to trust... no one. Not your mom, your dad, wife, husband, kids, friends, siblings, teachers, police, policy makers, doctors etc. Nobody cares about you or your wellbeing. Someone can take advantage of you at any moment. Maybe those who trust each other will bond together against you. There you are alone since you can't trust anyone and no one can trust you. You have no support.
If you're selfishly involved, you'll require the resources (people, objects, whatever) to help you get through life. The best support is the support of yourself. Other people are wishy-washy and unpredictable. Trust is something is broken quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
That sounds just terrible to me. Of course, you have to be armed to the teeth and surely there will never be any type of intimate relationship without trust.
Intimate relationships are not necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Precisely


Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Ok if you say so. I know I have my own back.
Selfless people give themselves away to others because they fear their own responsibility and independence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Let's define selfish.

self·ish
ˈselfiSH/Submit
adjective
(of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.
"I joined them for selfish reasons"
synonyms: egocentric, egotistic, egotistical, egomaniacal, self-centered, self-absorbed, self-obsessed, self-seeking, self-serving, wrapped up in oneself; inconsiderate, thoughtless, unthinking, uncaring, uncharitable; mean, miserly, grasping, greedy, mercenary, acquisitive, opportunistic; informal looking after number one
"he is just selfish by nature"
Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Selfish people can serve each other selfishly. Better than serving selfless people who serve you selflessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Let's drop selfless in there as well,

self·less
ˈselfləs/Submit
adjective
concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with one's own; unselfish.
"an act of selfless devotion"
synonyms: unselfish, altruistic, self-sacrificing, self-denying; considerate, compassionate, kind, noble, generous, magnanimous, ungrudging, charitable, benevolent, openhanded
"it was very selfless of you to help out your ex-husband like that"
See, that's stupid. Why even live if other people are above your own life? Selfless people are enablers for selfish people to be extremely selfish.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2014, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.