Instant intense connection - is it real? The real deal?

Aeryn

Intense connection - intellectual conflicts? lack of aspects...

I would greatly appreciate a reading. The composite aspect interpretations seem accurate and mostly positive with lots of conjunctions which I thought might explain the connection. But the synastry chart seems to paint a bleak picture (mostly squares and oppositions). There seem to be a lot of problems on the intellectual side of things and yet we seem to overcome that through communication on an emotional level.

My theory on our connection:
From observation I'd say that our connection is based on us both being very intense people who are connected to their dark side, acknowledge it and work with it. We both have the desire to say and hear it as it is (though he has made it part of his entire life whereas I'm only just learning to let of go of my fear of repercussions). We have similar, emotionally loaded communication styles (mercury-moon conjuncton in our natals) that not everyone can handle, but we feel utterly comfortable with it (my best friend has the same conjunction). We can also be honest about things and aspects of ourselves that the average person might not necessarily be accepting of. We share similar values and ideals (loyalty is a big one) and fight for what we believe in. We both fight for the underdog. We are both empathetic, though in different ways. The way we think and where our focus lies in any given situation is very different, but seems utterly complimentary. So I would look for clues surrounding emotional life, communication, passion and whatever might be amplifying our ideals/goals and the energy to pursue them, because I feel like we can handle anything if we team up. The connection does feel explosive, too, but I sense that we are capable of channelling that energy into achieving great things together.

(Edit: Updated) Charts are attached. I created them for the day we started dating.

Here is some optional info for you:

History
I first met this man on Sept 13, 2008. I felt an instant connection, but he was in another relationship. He was also my acting instructor for the first year. Last year he broke up with his girlfriend. I had practically sensed that it was going to happen, even though my mind told me that was nonsense (and selfish to even think). I patiently waited for him to heal until he was ready and finally on June 17, 2011 we started dating, getting to know each other. My gut told me that it was meant to happen from very early on. But it doesn't tell me how it's going to go...

I need this.
Life's been putting me down quite a bit this year and I[m scared to be over the moon out of fear of being knocked down again. If the astrology supports my ridiculous positivity then I can allow myself to hope. Dramatic, I know. ;)

My own observations:
He is still a teacher to me and a voice in me wonders whether I have anything to teach him, since we both believe we are here to learn and it is important to both of us. That is my only insecurity. Any visions of a possible future together put every previous one I've had with anybody else to shame, and yet they feel realistic. It's made me realize that my hopes in romantic regards have been too modest... I also feel a strong connection to his origins (way of life as well as location).

Thank you for any info!

Attachments

• Composite.jpg
    Composite.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 34
  • Progressed.jpg
    Progressed.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Synastry.jpg
    Synastry.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Inconjunct

A proper synastry reading requires your natal, his natal, his chart in a double wheel compared with yours, yours with his in another double wheel and plus/minus a composite (not everyone uses them). It's a big ask, especially unpaid. Best to offer a focused question rather than "tell me everything about how our relationship will work"

bittermoon

My first response to the synastry chart was 'where is the connection?' Ideally, one would like to see trines from each other's Moons to Suns. That kind of stuff. Only 1 easy aspect here, which is a sextile and does not involve personal planets.

Mars square Saturn is a tough one, I think. Issues surrounding anger and frustration. Though personally, I wouldn't be too thrilled about that Saturn-Mercury opposition, either.

Sun square Pluto sounds intense.

Aeryn

Inconjunct - I'll add the following paragraph to narrow it down. Thank you for letting me know!

bittermoon - thank you for the pointers! From observation I'd say that our connection is based on us both being very intense people who are connected to their dark side, acknowledge it and work with it. We both have the desire to say and hear it as it is (though he has made it part of his entire life whereas I'm more careful and reserved). We have similar, emotionally loaded communication styles (mercury-moon conjuncton in our natals) that not everyone can handle, but we feel utterly comfortable with it (my best friend has the same conjunction). We can also be honest about things and aspects of ourselves that the average person might not necessarily be accepting of. We share similar values and ideals (loyalty is a big one) and fight for what we believe in. We both fight for the underdog. We are both empathetic, though in different ways. The way we think and where our focus lies in any given situation is very different, but seems utterly complimentary. So I would look for clues surrounding emotional life, communication and whatever might be amplifying our ideals/goals and the energy to pursue them, because I feel like we can handle anything if we team up. The connection does feel explosive, too, but I sense that we are capable of channelling that energy into achieving great things together.

Last edited:

Aeryn

When I posted this I had read all the aspects of the composite chart, and there was a lot of positive! Lots of conjunctions, too, which I thought might explain the connection. But then I read the interpretations of the synastry aspects and they paint a very bleak picture...

I am perfectly aware that there are not many people who I have more misunderstandings with on an intellectual level (probably explained by those Mercury squares). But as soon as we take the conversation to a less intellectual and more emotional level it all makes sense! And that makes our conversations even more meaningful (to me at least).

first thing that screams to me is North Node conjunct Venus, massive karmic connections

your venus is conjunct his POF

both Asc are fixed, both suns are square by sign. your mercury/moon squares his venus stellium, which isn't to bad as venus will 'bend over backwards' to please and accomodate

I don't read prog composites, although transits over valid composites are worth looking at, but you must have accurate validated birth times.

with 3 saturns aspects looks ok, as it acts as cement for good OR bad..

what we usually look for are planets conj each others Asc, Desc, MC/IC

relationship sticky
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28945
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=254409&postcount=9

Aeryn

Thank you so much astrologer50. Your post opened up a new area of research for me, which I did research, and it's enlightening. :)

Horus

This does not look good (at first glance) as a long-term union for reasons bittermoon and others have pointed out -elemental incompatibility of the primary positions (including a Sun sq. Moon?) but I'd like to see his individual natal chart (sans asteroids) to see where his internal stresses may be, the synastry biwheel sans asteroids and arabic parts and orbs set to 65% (keep 'em low or tight for synastry) and the PDF data table that goes with the biwheel, so I can see all aspects to nodes and vertices.

If you want, Aeryn, just email this stuff to me and I'll give you the breakdown.