New to the Forum

Hello - I am new to the Astrologer's community and have really enjoyed reading the posts here. I am an owner of a metaphysical bookstore and really enjoy astrology. I am hoping to gain depth in understanding by participating in this forum.

I am a Gem Sun H11/Leo Rising with a Virgo moon conj. Pluto in H2. I have been experiencing an excruciating opposition of my 28 Gem sun to Pluto across the 11/5 axis - ugh! My business partner and I had a falling out (Mars was conjunct Neptune the day it was dissolved in my 7th house)due to some meddling "spiritual" leaders, and I now have the business alone. Our family's all lived together under one roof and I found myself suddenly homeless - all of this happening while I was away housesitting for another friend. I've been accused of everything from lying, cheating, embezzling, and racketeering - none of which was true, but I apparantly triggered a major power struggle with some of the people I knew. Thankfully, this is now a thing of the past and with some help from wonderful friends and allies have regained my spirit and have been able to move forward with the business.

Does anybody on this forum discuss Mayan astrology? That is my new found love at the moment.
Janorama

Lunar Pisces

Hiya! You have my deepest sympathies with your Pluto struggles. I have Sun at 24 Gem in the 10th, with Pluto at 27 Virgo in the 1st and Moon at 20 Pisces in the 7th. Transits, especially with transiting Pluto, have not been kind to me lately, and I've gone through my own fair share of Plutonian nightmares the past few years too.

The upside, or so we're told, is Pluto is transformative and through its trails, it can greatly empower us and elevate our potential into beings ready to accept the next phase of our existence. With that transformation comes great wisdom, strength and serenity.

I can only hope. LOL.

Draco

Hi Janorama, welcome.

I am an owner of a metaphysical bookstore and really enjoy astrology.

That's interesting, I'd love to do that.

I'm not sure about Pluto as the light-bearing planets are my main field of interest, but that's not to say I ignore them completely, just put them on the back-burner, as I feel that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto come into there own in the astrology of nations, dynasties and collectives.

I don't know about Mayan astrology, and I'm not sure I've seen it being discussed. What information could you share with us about it.

See you around on the boards. :)

freedomlover

Welcome Janorama,

I've had to live through a similiar horror story - it's a toughie!
Glad to hear you have come out the other side. I can see the light at the end of my tunnel now, but still haven't been able to step out of the tunnel and into the light. Soon, though, coming soon.

Hope to see more of you on the forum!

tsquare

I am an owner of a metaphysical bookstore and really enjoy astrology.
Wow, sounds like heaven to me, I have wished for a long time just to make it to a Barns and Noble just to check out some new books, and see what there.
A metaphsical bookstore....that sounds even more interesting.
Glad you pulled it all back together again.
Well done!

Does anybody on this forum discuss Mayan astrology? That is my new found love at the moment.
Janorama

Sadly, not me, I have looked into it little but find it facinating with what little I have seen.

Welcome to the Forum!:)
Tsquare

Hi All and thank you for the warm welcome. To answer your question, Draco, Mayan astrology is surprisingly accurate considering the only planet they use is Venus. Their astrology is intricately tied to their calendar, which instead of being based on physical movements is based on the evolution of consciousness.

In Mayan astrology each day has a sign as well as a number. There are 13 intentions on the part of creation and 20 day signs. Thus, 260 discrete combinations of signs/numbers (13 x 20= 260). This is called the Tzolkin count. It was so important in the Maya culture to know what their creative impulse was for their day of birth that each child's name began with their day sign. For example, I was born a 2-Manik (Deer), so my name would have begun with Manik. In this way, no one person was without a "purpose" or creative intent for their life. So if you were born Ix - which is shaman - you were trained right from the beginning to take on that role.

Aside from the day sign and number, it was important to the Maya to know what Day or Night Lord was the ruler of the time period. The God/Goddess of the time period imbued the person with a deeper subconscious reason for being and acting in particular ways.

It was also important for them to know what the day at the beginning of the 13 day week was because that colored the entire time period with its energy. For example, if I was born 2-Manik (Deer) I would count back to the 1 day in that week. It happened to be 1-Cimi (Transformer), so people born in that 13-day week are imbued with the energy of transformation. So true in my case!! The need to destroy and rebirth is very strong for me. And, now I can understand why!

Venus was important as her position in the 584 day cycle showed how a person would behave in relationships. Venus' cycle includes a superior conjunction, morning star phase, inferior conjunction and evening star phase.

The really surprising thing to me was how accurate it was in describing my inner motivations and personality with little input from me, other than my date of birth. If there is interest in this topic, I would love to start a new thread to discuss it more. I'm also interested in seeing how Mayan and Western Astrology work together.

To find out what your Mayan day sign and number are go to www.mayanmajix.com/TZOLKIN/index.php - a more complete report is available as well.

Draco

Hi Jan.

Thankyou for this information. You have actually given me a spiritual gift, because when I entered my birth date on that page, all the hairs on my arms stood up on end when I realised what I was - and this information has given me a huge realisation that has slotted a big piece of the jigsaw into my spiritual puzzle. Thankyou so much. I'll explain.

Since the year 2000, I have been very much aware of a serpent guide that walks with me, she is called 'Shelle-lekye', crazy I know, but that's what comes, and this name is part of a tribal chant, of what tribe I have no idea. When I first had this serpent coming around me I had no idea why she was here or how I was meant to work with her.

Later, just about a year ago, I went to a psychic fair, and saw a woman depicting people's spirit guides in pastels, and when I got home, I felt inspired to draw. I picked up a pencil and drew what appered to be an old Native American wiseman. I was loathe to accept that I have an Indian guide, because I'm not so much an open minded skeptic and a closed minded believer. It's just I can't understand why these 'guides' always seem to be Native Americans, Egyptians or Chinamen, I mean, why would I not have a Celtic, Saxon or Viking guide, that I would have a genetic and geographical connection to? So I'm actually quite skeptical of this kind of thing.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I was very skeptical of this guide, and found it difficult to entertain the possibility that I have a guide of this nature. I did realise that this guide is intimately associated with my serpent, because I know that this was his totem creature, and he carries a double pronged staff that is capped with the incisors of a serpent, and this is his 'medicine stick'.

Just last week, I went to my mediumship group, and the resident artist drew an image for me - of what appeared racially to be a Native American, and he had the same feathers in his hair as the guide I had drawn, and appeared to be the same age. Now this gave me goosebumps as well, because it made it harder for me not to accept that this indeed a guide of mine.

So recently, I have been thinking a lot of this guide of mine, and the serpent guide that walks with him and me. I find that I have been drawing serpents, rainbow serpents, serpents with wings, ourobouroses and basically going serpent guide mad. I really feel that the time is drawing close that I am to realise how I am to work with these guides. Things seem to be pricipitating fast for some reason. I can feel myself on the precipice of something big. I am coming to realise more and more about these guides faster and faster, and I know they are helping me with mediumship, and I am being pulled toward 'psychic' art by these guides.

Now, to get to the point, as it turns out, my Maya sign is the Serpent!

This is a big realisation for me, because I have realised, thanks to you, that my wiseman guide is not a Native American as such, but a Mayan, specifically - and I have always been most insistent that this serpentine guide of mine is not a snake, it is a serpent.

So I now realise that my guide is a Mayan, and now I know why the serpent walks with me - because it is indeed, according to the Maya - part of who and what I am, it is indeed my 'totem'.

The realisation that you have given me by providing that link has really blown me away and has brought me a realisation that is massive to me. So thankyou. By helping me to come to this discovery, you have acted as a spirtual guide of mine yourself Jan. :) I probably sound crazy, but I know the truth, and this is a big realisation for me. All at once I now know why my serpent walks with me, and that my 'Indian' guide is in fact a Mayan. I imagine that Serpent must have been his sign as well, that is why he comes with the serpent.

Obviously I am now going to have to find out as much as I possibly can about the Maya and their calendar.

Thankyou again Jan for the realisation that you have helped me to come to, that has made my day, and Shelle-lekye is doing somersaults all over the place - haha!

As a Serpent my name would begin with 'Chicchan'. I think I'll take that up as a sacred name for myself, for use only in spiritual work.

I would love to start a new thread to discuss it more.

Oh, please do, I'm sure many of us would love to discuss it.

Any other Serpents with a Galatic Tone of 12 out there?

sskohli

hi jan,
Really really interesting.
Where can we get any literature for this, you run a boookshop, any website or any recommendations?
I am a crocodile and a galactic tone of 13.i definitely more info regarding this.

sandeep

Draco

Well, now I don't understand.

According to this other site, it says nothing about 12 or Serpent for my birth date, it comes up with this:http://www.tortuga.com/eng/decode/findkin.php- or is this something different? I don't understand. I reckon learining about this is going to be complicated.

EDIT:

There appear to be contradictions. This site gives me a Yellow Lunar Sun:
http://www.tortuga.com/eng/decode/decodekin1.php and not a Serpent, but I am more inclined to believe the Serpent because of the way I relate to it so well spirirtually - so one of these sites is wrong, which is it?

Last edited:

tsquare

Hmmm....this stuff is interesting, on the second link I got some interesting stuff......
I think a thread on this would be a good idea.
I think the first link is just an indicator of the birth sign.
then there are cycles. Each year cycle having a different tone??

Those make me interested.

Initially I recieved this as first on the other link as destiny.

Destiny Stone
Red Chrystal Serpent
Life Force

And alot of other stuff as well there.

Cant say I understand the cycles, or the calander as well.

Not quite sure what date to use either, july 21, or july 22, depending upon when the sun rose.

This looks intersting.
There may be more depth to it I cant reach yet.
Fun.
=================
Tsquare

Draco

I think the first link is just an indicator of the birth sign.
then there are cycles.

I'm not sure it is, because in the second link you can be a Serpent as well, and yet it makes me a Sun.

Is anyone else experiencing contradictions in these two links, or can you explain what is going on?

www.mayanmajix.com/TZOLKIN/index.php

http://www.tortuga.com/eng/decode/findkin.php

I certainly have more faith in the link the first link that Jan provided originally, because as I said, it answered a huge spiritual question for me.

'Draco' even means 'serpent'!

Hi Everyone,

The correct sign is found at www.mayanmajix.com site. The tortuga.com site is based on the 13 Moon calendar that has nothing to do with the Maya calendar. It only gained in popularity because one of its proponents was Jose Arguelles who is a noted Maya researcher. He has taken a lot of heat from his peers for the 13 Moon calendar as it is very clear that the Maya did not use any physical body (other than Venus) in their calendar or astrology.

Here are some other sites and books for your reading pleasure:

www.calleman.com
www.mayanmajix.com
www.mayan-calendar-code.com
www.mayaportal.lucita.net

Books:

The Mayan Calendar by Carl Johan Calleman
The Mayan Calendar and the Transformation of Consciousness by Calleman
Mayan Astrology by Bruce Scofield
The Mayan Factor by Jose Arguelles

These sources can give you some valuable insight and background information into how the calendar and astrology work together. There is also a great DVD for sale on the MayanMajix site that I highly recommend - it answers a lot of the calendar questions people have.

Draco - I'm so happy that I was inadvertantly helpful to you! The fact that you are Chicchan seems appropriate! The number 12 attached to that day sign tells me that you are seeking understanding of what all this means and how it fits in with your life and purpose. On the Mayan Majix site you can order a $10 full Maya reading that is well worth it! It can put more of the pieces together for you.

Happy reading...
Janorama

Really interesting combination for you sskholi! 13 is the end number - or Ascension and Crocodile (Imix) is the first day sign or Beginnings. You are the beginning and the end. Sounds like you are entering in to a new cycle or a higher vibratory level with this lifetime. It's not clear if they Maya had a belief in reincarnation or not - but I bet they would have been very interested in someone with this configuration.

tsquare

Hmmmm....
Ive been looking these two links over and I think I may have the birthday part figured out.

On the first link I get.
Dog, galactic tone 9

On the second ling I get
Red Crystal serpent
with a seal code number of 5
It looks like the galactic tone and the seal code number may be two different things alltogether.

Any how I go to the extended date decoder, enter the date, and hit find, and this is what comes up on the second link.
--------------------------------------
moz-screenshot-4.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greetings! You are a Red Crystal Serpent!

The next few pages will help you to understand what that means.
In the 13 Moon Calendar there are 20 seals and 13 tones. Since you are a Serpent your seal code number is 5. Everyone is coded by one of these 20 seals. They are as follows:

[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
solarseals_small.jpg
[/FONT]​

moz-screenshot-5.jpg

-------------------------------
Ok, 20 seals, 13 tones, I supose galactic tones,
mooving on clicking next.
-------------------------------------

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now that you know what seal you are you need to learn a little about Galactic Notation. Remember you are a Serpent, which is seal number 5.

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph5.gif

In Galactic Notation,
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] is written with [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] bars and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]dots. Find your seal below, the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], to see what its Galactic Notation looks like.
[/FONT]
galacticnotation.gif

---------------------------------------
Then notation is interesting, looks a little like Morse code for the symbols making them into groups. Clicking next.
---------------------------------------
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Each person is in one of five different Earth Families according to the Seal code number. The Seal code numbers break down into five mathematical sets. Each set is determined by the number of dots it contains. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana,]Remember you are a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana,] which is Seal code number [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5.[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph5.gif

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
In Galactic Notation [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5[/FONT] is written with [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1[/FONT][/FONT] bars and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] dots.

This means you are in the
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]no dot, or bar family.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
family0.gif
[/FONT]​
----------------------------------------------------------
ok, they have comparted the 20 Seals it 5 families of 4 seals each.
Next.

------------------------
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] For each of the 20 Seals there are 13 Tones. [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are a [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Crystal Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].
The
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] is Seal code number [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crystal[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] refers to the Tone, which is number [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]Here are the 13 Tones.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,]
wavespell.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]-------------------------------------------------------
Ok so the seals some how lay over this paterm on the galactic tone wheel of sorts.
-------------------------------------
Next

----------------------------
destiny0.jpg
Each of us progress through a 52-year Destiny Path which is divided into 4 distinct color cycles, or Wavespells, of 13 years. Knowing where you are in your destiny path can help you see distinct cycles in your life.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Remember, you are [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Crystal Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. The [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crystal[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]tone is the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12th[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] tone.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Find the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Red Serpent[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Seal [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph5.gif
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] above in the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]12th[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] position. This is your Destiny Kin, your face before you had a face. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From your Destiny Kin, a 52-year destiny path spirals forth. Starting at 0 years old, when you were born, you can follow the numbers from that position to where you are now. Your first birthday would have been [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]13 Dog[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. When you were two you would have been [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Eagle[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], then [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Sun[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], etc. When you reach a 13 tone that is the end of that 13 year cycle. Your next year is a jump to the adjacent Wavespell in a counterclockwise direction.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To truly see how all this works you may need to print this page and study it a while! Notice you will have the same tone as your Destiny Kin during your 13th, 26th, 39th, and 52nd birthdays. You will have the same Seal during the 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, etc. Through the rotation of the Seals and Tone you may look at and experience your life in four-year and thirteen-year cycles.[/FONT]
family0.gif
[/FONT]
As each of us change through the years of our lives we take on different personas. Notice as you progress through the 52 year cycle that the four seals that you pass through:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sun, Serpent, Dog, Eagle, [/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]are the four seals of your Earth Family.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-----------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ok, this is where it begins to get interesting, The destiny kin is the face before you had a face, and the birth sign is something different, it starts at the time you were born and then year two, you moove onto another sign, as a cycle. It says that my birth sign was 13 dog, therefor matching up with the sun sign on the first link. yet the first link had a galatic tone number of 9.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Damnit.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]--------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Next[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-----------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now that you know your tone and seal, you can look at your Oracle.[/FONT]

guidekin.gif
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph17.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

analogkin.gif
[/FONT]​

antipodekin.gif
[/FONT]​
destinykin.gif
[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph5.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

glyph14.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

glyph15.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

occultkin.gif
[/FONT]​

glyph16.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
transparent.gif
[/FONT]​
Destiny Kin. Basis of life destiny:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph5.gif
[/FONT]

Analog Kin. Like-minded power:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
glyph14.gif
[/FONT]

Antipode Kin. Challenge power:
glyph15.gif
[/FONT]

Occult Kin. Hidden power of 7, the unexpected:
glyph16.gif
[/FONT]

Guide Kin. Fifth force outcome power:
glyph17.gif
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hmmm.....looks like an oracle of sorts, but I dont understand how it ties in yet.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]next[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You are a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Crystal Serpent[/FONT]. Below is a poem made from combining your Tone [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Crystal[/FONT][/FONT] and your Seal [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serpent[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT].[/FONT]
tone12.gif

glyph5.gif

Red Crystal Serpent
I Dedicate in order to Survive
Universalizing Instinct
I seal the Store of Life Force
With the Crystal tone of Cooperation
I am guided by the power of Navigation

[/FONT]​
There are many things you can learn by looking at this information. Think about it. You can also go back and find the Kin for your friends and family. Follow the calendar day-by-day and things will slowly become more clear. You will get out of it only what you put into it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]
---------------------------------------------
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]And thats all of it, I was hoping there was more on the oracle, but anyhow it did show there were cycles and another layer to this other then just birth sun signs, still dont get it all, but this destiny jin thing still looks intersting.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]And For me personally, I still do not know if I am using the right birthdate for myself, Have to adjust for sunrise to fit into the mayan callander. the above is just for example showing that the birth dates as far as Dog, did match up, yet the galactiv tones didnt, the extra was just a destiny kin of sorts, a face before a face, before you were born.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]Still dont know how that would work.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]so there is more to this, and it seem there is cycles to the mayan calander, but this is ny first step into the Mayan Calander,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]I hope someone can clear this up as well.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]Draco, I wouldn't invalidate what you have found,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]but I have a question,
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]Did the galactic tone match up for you as well on the first link, or did it seem a little off.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,]By the second link I believe it still says that you are a Serpent, just that it is your Birth Seal instead of Destiny Kin....whatever destiny kin is. The destiny kin thing is confusing for me still, and I really dont know if I have the right date of birth for myself, so.....its hard for me to test it out really.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]But in any fassion dont invalidate the discovery you have made, it sounds interesting, I have had run ins with serpents as well, Mainly durring dream state deep meditations, or else the shadow aspect of one being there off and on durring waking, I have doodles of them all over in old notebooks of mine. Yet I tend to invalidate its existence, sort of on automatic, before I get a chance to play around. Iv'e been curious as to what and who they are for a while now.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]---------------------------------------[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tsquare
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,]

[/FONT]​

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg

johnmike59

Hello janorama! This is a fantastic site -- lots of interesting and intelligent posts and VERY nice people. Like you, I am here to learn as well!

I think there might be a quiz in short order -- so a warm welcome and, perhaps, a heads up!

Draco

The correct sign is found at www.mayanmajix.com site. The tortuga.com site is based on the 13 Moon calendar that has nothing to do with the Maya calendar. It only gained in popularity because one of its proponents was Jose Arguelles who is a noted Maya researcher. He has taken a lot of heat from his peers for the 13 Moon calendar as it is very clear that the Maya did not use any physical body (other than Venus) in their calendar or astrology.

Thankyou again Jan. I suspected that there was something dubious about the other link. I knew that the Serpent had to be right for me.

Thanks also for the links and book titles.

Draco - I'm so happy that I was inadvertantly helpful to you! The fact that you are Chicchan seems appropriate! The number 12 attached to that day sign tells me that you are seeking understanding of what all this means and how it fits in with your life and purpose. On the Mayan Majix site you can order a $10 full Maya reading that is well worth it! It can put more of the pieces together for you.

You certainly was helpful. I think it would be well worth it to buy a report, as I was really pretty stunned at how significant I found my being a Serpent is, and the spiritual puzzle that it has solved for me.

Did the galactic tone match up for you as well on the first link, or did it seem a little off.
[FONT=Verdana,]By the second link I believe it still says that you are a Serpent, just that it is your Birth Seal instead of Destiny Kin....whatever destiny kin is. The destiny kin thing is confusing for me still, and I really dont know if I have the right date of birth for myself, so.....its hard for me to test it out really.[/FONT]

I'm not as sure about the Galatic Tone number of 12, but I am certain of the significance of the Serpent, and it's so weird as to the questions it has answered for me at this time. Answers I've been seeking for a while.

The other link based on the thirteen Moon calendar, makes me a Yellow Lunar Sun. Now the Sun/Moon thing is most intriguing because I have been drawing a figure eight ourobouros, with a Sun in the upper loop and a Moon in the bottom - and now I know why. Out of my serpent sketches this is the one I want to develop into a nice picture, and now I want to do so even more.

I am a bit concerned though that the thirteen Moon calendar isn't based on a proper Maya way, and it goes on about stuff like 'electric' which doesn't sound very Mayan to me. I do wonder what other possible translations there were for all these words.

Thankyou for going to the trouble to try to explain the 13 Moon link for us. :)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I have a question concerning mine. The site says:

For the Maya, the Day begins at Sun Rise. If you were born BEFORE sunrise
use the previous day to determine your Mayan Sun Sign and Tone.

I was born at 10:13pm on August 1st. Does this mean I still input August 1st or do I put in July 31st? Since I wasn't born after midnight, I think it's supposed to be the August 1st date, but I would like clarification on this before I attach myself to either 1/Wisdom or 2/Earth.