How do I calculate my progressed moon?

noideaaboutastro

Cause I wanna know it all and I will find out:rightful:.

[poster gave no astrological interpretation so moved to Greenhorns Lounge - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

starlink

NoideaaboutA., if you have a computer, then let Astrodienst calculate it for you.
If you do everything by hand, than it is another matter of course. the easiest is to see in which sign and (approximate) degree it is in, when looking at your Ephemeries and count the number of days. So for your 30st birthday, you count 30 days foreward in your Ephemeries. You will also find all the other progressed positions there. It is jut difficult to know exactly at which degree the Moon would be on that day, because that depends on your birthtime and the calculations for that are more complicated.

noideaaboutastro

Thanks Starlink! I didn't know astrodientist can do it for me. Let me go see......
Is that a lunar return chart? Can I do it at any time or does it have to be during a new moon or something?

Please don't kill me but I think my thread once again belongs in the greenhorns. Oh no:bandit: sorry!

starlink

Is that a lunar return chart?

No no, it is far more easy. Just , after setting up your natal chart, so it is in the "memory" of Astrodienst, go to their Extended chart selections. There you find a drop-down window where you can choose between all sorts of charts, ranging from harmonic charts, Solar Returns etc. to progressed charts. Just choose this one and the Astrodienst programm will draw a progressed chart for you. Where you see the Moon in that chart, is, where your Progr. Moon is right now. You can of course also put in another date, your birthdate, or where it will be at Christmas:). Simple as that.

A Lunar Return is something entirely different. You can use it for every month. Do exactly the same as I told you, but then go to Lunar Return instead of Progressed chart. If you make 12 LR's, one for every month of the year, you then can compare it with your SR and see which month shows the most activity. Whatever is indicated in the Solar Return you could then expect to happen in that month.

Hope you can follow me.

Starlink

Selene

If you're already on astro.com it's simple.

Click on 'extended chart selections' then once there you will see a drop down bar, its default is on "natal chart", if you click on this drop down bar you will see that you can select from many different types of chart, select "natal chart and progressions", then click om "click to show chart" and everything in green are your progressed planets, you will see your moon there.

On the main page of astro.com on the right bottom corner you will see this: Click on "extended chart selection" (I apologize if I am violating copyright laws).

Horoscope Chart Drawings
ahor_mw.jpg
Chart drawing, Ascendant
Quick access to your chart and calculations Extended Chart Selection
A wide selection of horoscope types, house systems, asteroids, etc.

Hope this helps!

Claire19

Go to Astrodienst and have a progressed chart done. A degree for a year of your age. It will show where the Progressed Moon is and if it has any aspects with your natal chart that are the same contacts with your natal Moon. Progressions by themselves need a natal echo. This is the nature of prediction and that so much is fated at birth.

I should have said go to Astrodienst and get a natal chart done for current time that includes progressions. You will then see where the Progressed Moon is but it has to hit natal planets for any effect to be felt.

Last edited:
Your natal chart is like a photograph as unique as your fingerprint, BUT the 10planets in the sky have not stayed where they were in your natal chart, they have all moved. Predictive astrology is mostly maths where those 10planets are now and the mathematical aspects they make to your natal charts ie: 180'=opposition, 90'=square, 60'=sextile and 120'=trine.

So your personality, grows, develops, changes, matures as we get older, this is reflected by your sun sign changing from it's natal position to the next sign along, so does your Asc and MC sign change. In fact from sun to mars espec are important, as the outer planets really don't move much, using a 'day for a year' secondary progressions.

If you want to research more into Secondary progressions try here
http://cafeastrology.com/secondaryprogressions.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_progression
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/progressions.html
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67

In astro.com in Extended chart selection in the type of chart you want to create offers loads of alternatives, the best to post would be natal, progressed and solar arc-- cos transits also come on these in red---