Do you feel hard aspects more than easy aspects?

Yoi

I noticed that when I read descriptions of my hard aspects I'm like, "Man, that is so me." However when I read descriptions of my easy aspects I think "Man that is so not me." Then when I think about it a bit I realize, "****, that really *is* me. I never even thought about it before!" I think I am more conscious of my hard aspects, even the loose ones more than my tight trines. Anyone else have the same experience?

Arian Maverick

Yes, definitely! I believe this is because many of us are naturally more focussed upon the difficult aspects of our characters than those talents and abilities which come easily...

Arian Maverick

Lapis

Arian Maverick,

Hi you! Hey....empty out your old PM's so we can send you new ones. :D

Hugs,
Lapis

unukalhai

Most definitely!

Some branches of astrology don't even pay attention to "soft" aspects because of this.

One should realize the "soft" aspects tend to show latent potential - These softer aspects require us to consciously active them, they don't come with the pent-up force of the hard aspects which prod and push us to realize the potential they bring. The soft aspects are just sort of "there", just waiting for us to tap into them, refusing to really do much unless our will so desires. In a way, they could be called lazy.

Often times the soft aspects indicate flowing, subconscious patterns rather than tense, outwardly-projected behaviors more common with "hard" aspects. For this reason, it is often the "soft" aspects can show deeper patterns within oneself, and can point to our unconscious motivations, whereas the "hard" aspects make up our projected consciousness.

It's often interesting to add in the 45 and 135 degree "hard" aspects as well, they can reveal other neat linkages that are more often than not expressed consciously much like a square of opposition... Although one should use tight orbs for these aspects, 1-2 degrees or so.

In general oppositions and squares tend to rub us the wrong way. Some difficult conjunctions do this too. Some astrologers will take the trines out of a chart reading completely, and only spend time analysing the hard aspects. A hard aspect can be dis-owned for years, and usually projected or pushed down from consciousness. I did that with one of my hard aspects, and refused to own the aspect as part of my own personality. Without astrology pointing it out; I doubt I would have become aware of that aspect existing within me. Alternatively, the :trine: is such a harmonious aspect in the chart that it will not irritate us or create the problems that a hard aspect will, nor will it push us into further development. With my Sun opposite Saturn; if I didn't feel unworthy or "not good enough" I doubt (excuse the pun) that I would strive to develop my own authority. I do always pay attention to my responses when reading astrological interpretations. Obviously, it is very comfortable to read about the easy aspects and your natural talents. The reading does generate good feelings about my own personality. However, it doesn't push me to develop further in that area. If you consider the two interpretations for Sun- Saturn the soft and the hard aspect there is a clear change in energy.

:sun: :trine: :saturn:

By James Braha (both readings) shortened to what is allowed under copyright rules.

The person is disciplined, mature, and practical. His willpower is strong, he is patient, and he fulfills his goals steadily. He is focused and concentrated, and does not waste energy. He is reliable. The person gains from the father, the goverment, and men in general. A woman with a harmonious Sun-Saturn aspect recieves benefits from her lovers and attracts solid, secure men.
:sun: :opposition: :saturn:

The person experiences restrictiveness in spirit and an inferiority complex. He is restrained, inhibited, and lacking confidence. There may have been suffering on account of a cold, distant or rigid father. The father may have been strict, severe, cruel, or (especially with the opposition aspect) absent. Thus, the person did not recieve positive masculine energy necessary for self-assuredness.
Obviously, there is a great difference between a soft aspect and hard aspect. The traits are the same, but one individual expresses them with ease. Sun trine Saturn is naturally disciplined without being restrictive or rigid. I am the opposite and have to try ten times harder to develop will-power and acheive my goals, without being beaten down in self-confidence. The trine receives help by those in authority and I have to work extra hard to gain recognition and praise from those in authority. The fear of failure depletes my energy, yet these feelings have driven me to prove myself in the eyes of society. In later years, I may feel proud of my achievements, but I don't think that feeling of doubt will ever go away. I was daydreaming the other day, and thinking about the future, and wondering when I would feel in sync with my chart, and be able to handle all that energy well. It would be nice to feel that I have achieved something in life. Anyway, that's enough of my insecurities for today :whistling:. I don't want to depress you all :biggrin:. I imagine :sun: :trine: :saturn: wearing a beautiful business suit, and she possesses controlled confidence and will. For me, I am wearing an ill-fitting suit, and others can tell that it doesn't fit right or "suit" me at all and I feel like an imposter. In short, the hard aspects make me painfully aware of my faults and so are keenly felt. The trines are talents I take for granted.

Business%20Woman.jpg

Last edited:

Lin

Trines and sextiles are aspects of ease, talent and opportunity...or just "lack of stress".
Let's face it, lack of stress and no challenges don't take us very far.

They say, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

And it's true. Squares show us our shortcomings, our limits and lack of knowledge and wisdom. Squares test us and force us to see what we need to work on. We definitely feel them...
in fact, one thing I tell my clients and students is,
"we are always "doing" our squares....and that is why having too many squares by transit can often prevent us from enjoy the good things in our life and environment. We are so busy DOING that we forget to BE.
LIN