Which house is the astrologer?

Themis

hi, can anybody tell me which house signifies astrologer in horary questions? astrology is of 9th house, but what about astrologers in general, 3th, 9th, 11th, 12th? Lilly has mentioned often astrologers as "artists", he considered a lot on the 7th and ruler of the 7th. but i wonder whether it means that astrologers are represented by the 7th? or rather, he is talking about himself when giving consultations to clients. then what about astrologer in a question like "is my astrologer competent for my consultation?" in this case, i should use 7th, or 2nd? sorry for this twisted question, thanks if anybody can shed some light on it. :p

Francesca

It depends on the nature of the question and how it is asked. Astrologers are often warned not to interpret a chart where Saturn is in the 7th traditionally.

stargazer

Why is this a problem, with Saturn in the 7th for an astrologer to interpret a chart? I realize it's saturn and the 7th is partnership, yet to avoid it all together! I have read astrological readings with this placement might not be as accurate. I have saturn in the 7th, as I'm sure a lot of people do, is astrology a tool that is not for us?

Carole

The 7th house represents the astrologer in Horary. With Saturn in the 7th house, unless the question is about relationships, the astrologer may have difficulty to interpret the chart. According to William Lilly, "Saturn in the 7th either corrupts the judgement of the astrologer, or is a sign the matter propounded will come from one misfortune to another".

Carole

akpastro

Hi,
as far as I know the astrologer is represented by the first house only if he or she is asking a question about her/himself. Otherwise it's the seventh.

Summery Joy

Themis,

It depends on what you need from the astrologer to assign him/her to a house. If you are refering to the astrologer as the particular artist interpreting the horary at hand, the astrologer is then ruled by the 7th house in that horary. But if you are refering to the astrologer as some sort of person with knowledge who doesn't particulary have a specific business to do with the querent, the astrologer then belongs to the 9th house.

In fact, all "learned people" should treated like that. If you have a horary about a lawyer handling a lawsuit ofyours, that lawyer is 7th-house. But if you are asking about lawyers in general or a lawyer who has no business with you, he then belongs to the 9th. You may assign any sort of professional to houses in the same manner.

Themis

sorehearted said:
If you have a horary about a lawyer handling a lawsuit ofyours, that lawyer is 7th-house. But if you are asking about lawyers in general or a lawyer who has no business with you, he then belongs to the 9th. You may assign any sort of professional to houses in the same manner.

thanks sorehearted, your response is very clear. i've read somewhere though that when a lawyer represents you, then lawyer should be the 2nd since it's considered to be an asset of you in a lawsuit, that's why i asked if in a question like"Is my astrologer competent for me?" whether my astrologer should be under the 2nd as well. or 7th?

Summery Joy

Themis,

Your lawyer is 2nd house when your 7th house is busy ruling your opponent. Only then is the lawyer 2nd-house as "your support". Similarly, your opponent's lawyer will be the turned 2nd from the 7th (the radical 8th).

The lawyer is 7th -house when the horary is about that lawyer with no opponants involved in the horary. It's like "how competnat is my lawyer?", "Is my lawyer scamming me on the fees?" or "Should I hire this particular lawyer?" - those are 7th-house lawyers. But in a horary when and opponent is involved, like "which one of us will win the lawsuit?" you may use your 2nd house to see how your lawyer appears in the chart.

I suppose astrologers can be treated the same way although I don't think you'll find many situations where you can use the 2nd house to rule your astrologer unless they are on your side in an astrology contest involving another astrology rival :D

By the way, here's a tip. I know it's off topic, but I thought I'd mention it. In a lawsuit chart, you are the 1st, your lawyer and everyone on your side are 2nd house, opponent 7th, their lawyer and other supporters are 8th-house, the judge and jury are 10th and the verdict is 4th. Some people would assign the 1st to whoever side started the lawsuit whether ther are the querent or not though which would make the querent 7th in such case (I don't know if that's correct though; I only do this when it's an event chart, not a horary).

Last edited:

Themis

hi sorehearted, thank you so much for this clear answer! now i understand it better. yes the question that i posed concerning astrologer is really a queer one but given my level of horary, i think maybe i would need to consult some of them one day if i won't study horary well enough. so i will try to figure out which house ruler them...:D thanks!