Placidis VS Whole Signs

thatguy8365

Banned
Okay, I made my decision... Whole Signs is definitely more accurate--BY FAR.

Let me get this straight, so I started out with the Placidis house system when I first begun studying Astrology. It was the commonly used system that most people use today, so that's why I did the same. But when studying my own chart for years and years, I couldn't help but noticed how some things felt a little "off" or didn't resonate with me whatsoever. All this time I thought that I was missing something, perhaps didn't look hard enough (although I doubt it with my Virgo Ascendant, so OF COURSE I notice every single detail!)

But then I discovered the Whole Sign system, which is the original house system used in ancient Astrology, the first house system ever created at the very beginning of Astrology's existence. I was reading a lot about it and how it's known to be the truest, most purest form of all house systems.

I got interested, so I looked at my chart using Whole Signs to see if I could find something... and I had an "Aha moment" where everything suddenly makes ABSOLUTE sense!

For example -

Placidis:

- Sun in the 11th house, this placement is supposed to make me a social butterfly and have a bunch of friends, right? But nope, surprisingly I was a loner for most of my life. I rarely had any friends throughout high school. And yes, I so happened to have social anxiety, so it was always difficult for me to interact with others without having panic attacks. I disliked being in social situations unless I'm forced to. Heck, I even DREAD the fact of going outside just to get the mail, because the feeling of being "exposed" was just too much for me... even though -surprise surprise- my Sun is in Leo, but I was never your typical Leo, at least not in public.

- Jupiter in the 1st house, supposedly indicates that I'm prone to gaining weight easily and be super happy-go-lucky! But no, I never had problems with my weight. In fact, I suffered from the exact OPPOSITE problem... I was severely underweight and had problems gaining pounds no matter how much I ate. My bones sticks out especially my shoulders and ribs, almost like I'm a skeleton. Seriously, I can eat 3-5 big bowls of food at one sitting, but still be unable to gain any weight at all. Because of my fast metabolism, my body burns calories at an accelerated speed. Oh, and another thing... people RARELY perceive me as "happy, jovial, and optimistic" upon first impressions. Quite the opposite, really.

- Uranus/Neptune conjunction in the 4th. My family home life was never unpredictable or illusive, at least not to my knowledge. I had a relatively easy childhood growing up, although of course my parents could be quite strict when they wanted to. Other than that, home life wasn't too erratic... it was okay, I guess.

Whole Signs:

- Puts my Sun in the 12th house, which explains my need for solitude. It explains why I have severe social anxiety growing up. It explains why I was a shy Leo who didn't like being the center of attention. Man oh man does everything makes sense now!

- Puts my Jupiter in the 2nd house. Yeah, I kinda knew that already since I wasn't feeling the Jupiter's effect on my physical appearance or personality at all, not even a bit. And yes, I'm more of a spender rather than a saver. I mean, I guess I can save up money to a certain amount... but eventually I'll go on huge shopping sprees and waste all my money. Trust me, it happens a lot! I have no self-control in terms of money whatsoever!

- Puts my Uranus/Neptune conjunction in the 5th, which explains my love for music and anything "unusual" and "hard to grasp". I also enjoy expressing myself in a very dreamy/unusual way. A lot of people who finally get to know me always tells me that I'm the weirdest guy they've ever met. I'm also very musical. I can understand the dynamics of music without ever having music lessons before. It's like I'm a natural at it.

As you can see, the Whole Sign system fits me to a T, compared to the Placidis system that just didn't ring true to me. I'm so glad I discovered Whole Signs...

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Okay, I made my decision... Whole Signs is definitely more accurate--BY FAR.

Let me get this straight, so I started out with the Placidis house system when I first begun studying Astrology. It was the commonly used system that most people use today, so that's why I did the same. But when studying my own chart for years and years, I couldn't help but noticed how some things felt a little "off" or didn't resonate with me whatsoever. All this time I thought that I was missing something, perhaps didn't look hard enough (although I doubt it with my Virgo Ascendant, so OF COURSE I notice every single detail!)

But then I discovered the Whole Sign system, which is the original house system used in ancient Astrology, the first house system ever created at the very beginning of Astrology's existence. I was reading a lot about it and how it's known to be the truest, most purest form of all house systems.

I got interested, so I looked at my chart using Whole Signs to see if I could find something... and I had an "Aha moment" where everything suddenly makes ABSOLUTE sense!

For example -

Placidis:

- Sun in the 11th house, this placement is supposed to make me a social butterfly and have a bunch of friends, right? But nope, surprisingly I was a loner for most of my life. I rarely had any friends throughout high school. And yes, I so happened to have social anxiety, so it was always difficult for me to interact with others without having panic attacks. I disliked being in social situations unless I'm forced to. Heck, I even DREAD the fact of going outside just to get the mail, because the feeling of being "exposed" was just too much for me... even though -surprise surprise- my Sun is in Leo, but I was never your typical Leo, at least not in public.

- Jupiter in the 1st house, supposedly indicates that I'm prone to gaining weight easily and be super happy-go-lucky! But no, I never had problems with my weight. In fact, I suffered from the exact OPPOSITE problem... I was severely underweight and had problems gaining pounds no matter how much I ate. My bones sticks out especially my shoulders and ribs, almost like I'm a skeleton. Seriously, I can eat 3-5 big bowls of food at one sitting, but still be unable to gain any weight at all. Because of my fast metabolism, my body burns calories at an accelerated speed. Oh, and another thing... people RARELY perceive me as "happy, jovial, and optimistic" upon first impressions. Quite the opposite, really.

- Uranus/Neptune conjunction in the 4th. My family home life was never unpredictable or illusive, at least not to my knowledge. I had a relatively easy childhood growing up, although of course my parents could be quite strict when they wanted to. Other than that, home life wasn't too erratic... it was okay, I guess.

Whole Signs:

- Puts my Sun in the 12th house, which explains my need for solitude. It explains why I have severe social anxiety growing up. It explains why I was a shy Leo who didn't like being the center of attention. Man oh man does everything makes sense now!

- Puts my Jupiter in the 2nd house. Yeah, I kinda knew that already since I wasn't feeling the Jupiter's effect on my physical appearance or personality at all, not even a bit. And yes, I'm more of a spender rather than a saver. I mean, I guess I can save up money to a certain amount... but eventually I'll go on huge shopping sprees and waste all my money. Trust me, it happens a lot! I have no self-control in terms of money whatsoever!

- Puts my Uranus/Neptune conjunction in the 5th, which explains my love for music and anything "unusual" and "hard to grasp". I also enjoy expressing myself in a very dreamy/unusual way. A lot of people who finally get to know me always tells me that I'm the weirdest guy they've ever met. I'm also very musical. I can understand the dynamics of music without ever having music lessons before. It's like I'm a natural at it.

As you can see, the Whole Sign system fits me to a T, compared to the Placidis system that just didn't ring true to me. I'm so glad I discovered Whole Signs...
Much discussion on this topic :smile:
ultimately there are various opinions
however if it works for you then that is the most important factor

WHOLE SIGNS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42163

WHOLE SIGN OR PLACIDUS http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39669