The desire to be the first

Sivitri

not neccesarily... I have a desire to be number1 in everything... But i do not have Leo signs, Firey signs brings energy to these thoughts... usually signs with strong energies that affect the soul greatly..

Mars in the chart is the go getter, achiever, the competitive planet. Mars rules Aries and Scorpio. I would look mostly to Mars and the signs it rules. Aries competitiveness is pretty straightforward and Scorpios need to win is more hidden but he still wants to win. Through my own chart I have Saturn in the 1st and this placement can desperately want to be first and be number one, but with Saturn there is a struggle to express the energies, the same is for Saturn in Aries. There are different types of competitiveness some are ruthlessly competitive and do hide it, others can enjoy competition and be very sporting but the desire to win is still strong.

Nexus7

One of the most competitive people I ever met did have an Aries Sun, tightly squared Mars. He could sometimes be cocky whenever he won, too, whether or not it was at tennis, running, scrabble, chess, or selling his artwork.

Arian Maverick

ARIES

we love to be first... no other position matters!

I second that, although I think other signs could be included in this list depending upon the area in which an individual seeks to be first. Capricorn may seek to be "first" in business, for example, but Arians often seek to be first simply for the sake of being first.

Arian Maverick

LionKing

Yea I have to admit that Aries types do want to be first. And they are pretty competitive. My mother is an Aries, I have two daughters who are Aries, I have an ex wife who is an Aries. Thank God I am a double Leo. I think anything else would be overwhelmed by them. Ha! V/r LionKing

Arian Maverick

I agree about aries but cardinal signs in general might also have this quality.
First house planets too.

Good points, flowerchild; I was originally going to suggest cardinal signs in my post as well, but I had difficulty seeing the signs Libra and Cancer harboring fervent desires to bowl over the competition. Libra is the sign of the general, though, and the crab has an awfully hard shell...

Arian Maverick

Moulin

LOL sounds like my family.
Father is a double Aries.
Both fathers of my kids are Aries (one is an ex husband) and l have a 4 planet stellium in Aries. I think my Taurean sun has saved me due to patience!

LionKing said:
Yea I have to admit that Aries types do want to be first. And they are pretty competitive. My mother is an Aries, I have two daughters who are Aries, I have an ex wife who is an Aries. Thank God I am a double Leo. I think anything else would be overwhelmed by them. Ha! V/r LionKing

LionKing

Hey it's pretty tough when you have all of those "Mars" types running around. There were times I would think give it time and it'll work it-self out. Ha! That is when the Lion comes out and there had to be a roar in the jungle. But I love my daughters anyway. V/r LionKing

Moulin

yup! Thank god my b/f is a Leo :)

Actually, it got worse.. my mother is a TRIPLE Aquarius! :D

LionKing said:
Hey it's pretty tough when you have all of those "Mars" types running around. There were times I would think give it time and it'll work it-self out. Ha! That is when the Lion comes out and there had to be a roar in the jungle. But I love my daughters anyway. V/r LionKing

LionKing

Your boyfriend is Leo! Hmm what can I say about us and what we feel about love? We are jelouse of the stage. It has to be ours our things will go sour. Ha! So don't make eyes at any other guy or things will go nasty. Just like the Scottish dude who lives forever. (I think his name is Conner) From the movie "HIghlander." There can only be one.
V/r LionKIng

Moulin

I will bear that in mind! although, Leo and Taurus are the two most loyal and faithful of all the signs, and his Leo sun, Sag moon are as honest as my Aries moon/venus/saturn!
It's a good match :D

LionKing said:
Your boyfriend is Leo! Hmm what can I say about us and what we feel about love? We are jelouse of the stage. It has to be ours our things will go sour. Ha! So don't make eyes at any other guy or things will go nasty. Just like the Scottish dude who lives forever. (I think his name is Conner) From the movie "HIghlander." There can only be one.
V/r LionKIng

Neptune Rising

I agree about aries but cardinal signs in general might also have this quality. First house planets too
Lol, I agree. Mars in a fire sign in the first, loves to race others and win just for the sake of winning. I wish I had a faster car sometimes. Sun in Capricorn likes to be first, or is it best, or both? :D Fire sign ascendant also likes to be on the move just to feel the fire energy..

NR

Sivitri

Leo signs means pride... Pride in the things they do... therefore people might take it as being number 1 in anything... So it might be a misinterpretation....

Yoi

I am extremely competitive. If I can't be No. 1 I would rather not even try. I have a Sag Sun, Gemini Moon and Gemini Asc, none of which are especially known for competitiveness. I have nothing in Leo and Aries. However, I do have Mars conj Jupiter and Mars square Sun (and a very loose Mars square Moon) and I think that's the source of the problem...I also have Mars semisquare Pluto. The thing is not many people know how competitive I am (just the people closest to me). I am very good at hiding it, and most people think of me as sweet I guess. I guess that's the effect of Venus trine Mars and Jupiter and Moon opposition Neptune and Sun in 7th...Anyway, Leo and Aries may be more upfront about it, but those with the right aspects can be just as competitive, though not in an obvious way.

Last edited: