Uranus Conjunct Neptune

Shokk

Well, forgive me in advance in case I'm misinterpreting anything, as I'm just recently learning about yods and T-squares and suchlike.

Basically, here's the situation. I was born with Uranus conjunct Neptune with a VERY small orb, and after a glance at my Natal chart, i noticed a couple interesting things.

Firstly, I have a yod(yods?) formed with Chiron sextile to my Moon, both of them being quincunx to uranus and neptune.
Second, Uranus and neptune are both opposite my mars, which is inbetween chiron and the moon, forming what i believe to be called a kite yod, but I could be wrong here.
Third, this Uranus/Neptune-Mars opposition is part of a T-Square formed with Jupiter, which squares Mars and Uranus/Neptune.

So what is confusing me mainly is whether I should interpret the yod as two yods or one yod, as Uranus and Neptune are so close, and I'm very fuzzy on the actual meaning of yods in the birth chart, as well as T-squares.

Just for the record, I've read interpretations for the Uranus-Neptune conjunction by itself, I'm just curious as to how this is figuring into my chart here, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• Reducnat1.gif
    Reducnat1.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 43

gaer

Basically a yod is an aspect pattern. The conjunction is only a minute from being dead-on (pretty amazing timing there!), with the Moon and Chiron both inconjunct (quincunx is the same thing).

So one "yod" is what I'd call it. :)

R4VEN

I'd call it 2 Yods, but given that Uranus conj Neptune forms one energy - the energy of fighting for a social cause considered to be overwhelmingly more important than ego - then it may act as one Yod.

This is an interesting astrological chart you have there. The trigger point for the Yod will be when any planet aspects in transit the midpoint between your Moon and Chiron - this point is around 19-20 deg Cancer, so watch what happens, particularly when this point is aspected in transit - conj, square & oppositions will be interesting.

I could yada, yada some more, but I'll make some suggestions first:

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheYod15.5.htm
This link is worth a read, and there are others - but -

I'd suggest you get hold of the following book:
The Yod Book, link to it here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yod-Book-Karen-Hamaker-Zondag/dp/1578631637?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215731556&sr=8-1

Yods are complex, and need to be understood at a deeper level than just the intellect. You belong to a generation, Shokk, who have been born to bring many changes to the way we live life on this planet. Timing will be everything, and Yods tend to create their own timing through activation.

piercethevale

Shokk said:
Well, forgive me in advance in case I'm misinterpreting anything, as I'm just recently learning about yods and T-squares and suchlike.

Basically, here's the situation. I was born with Uranus conjunct Neptune with a VERY small orb, and after a glance at my Natal chart, i noticed a couple interesting things.

Firstly, I have a yod(yods?) formed with Chiron sextile to my Moon, both of them being quincunx to uranus and neptune.
Second, Uranus and neptune are both opposite my mars, which is inbetween chiron and the moon, forming what i believe to be called a kite yod, but I could be wrong here.
Third, this Uranus/Neptune-Mars opposition is part of a T-Square formed with Jupiter, which squares Mars and Uranus/Neptune.

So what is confusing me mainly is whether I should interpret the yod as two yods or one yod, as Uranus and Neptune are so close, and I'm very fuzzy on the actual meaning of yods in the birth chart, as well as T-squares.
Shokk said:
...I'd call it three Yods. You have to consider each planet singularly in a matrix and as another singular entity in the conjunction. Thus there is a Moon,/Chiron/Uranus Yod, a Moon/Chiron/Neptune Yod and a Moon/Chiron/Uranus-Neptune Yod.
Watch for these same Planets that are involved in the natal matrix when they conj. any of the points in the pattern by transit. If Uranus makes a contact then the weight and emphasis is given to that planet...likewise for Neptune...the Moon or Chiron in transit.

...note that the Yod is a sub-matrix of the much larger 12 point matrix. The 12 point matrix [two 'Stars of David' interlaced...thus a Planet or other celestial body will be found at or nearly exactly at the same degree in every sign.
As you have many Planets and such in or near the 20th degree of most signs I would watch for any transits that occur simultaneously that may complete this matrix i.e. Planets, Luminaries et al that conj. [or nearly] the 20th degrees of Pisces, Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer and Virgo at the same time[and maybe Libra...or not]..and I wouldn't worry too much about that Mars opposition as it is just past maximum allowable orb.
The 12 point matrix is known as the "Path of True Discipleship" by some arcane and occult sources. [See my thread in 'Astrology Now' about Neptunes final return this month for more on this 12 point matrix]

Last edited:

Shokk

So then, for example, let's say theoretically I had some kind of ridiculous stelliums at each point of the Yod? Would I consider each possible combination of the points as yods? Also, of what importance are the sextile planets in a Yod? Is the main focus merely on the apex of the yod or can the sextile planets figure heavily into the interpretation of a yod?

Also, Death, what exactly do you mean by breakthroughs? As far as I can tell I haven't had any recent epiphanies or anything, But I have just recently discovered this website, and with it a side of astrology of which I was previously unaware, so that's pretty cool.

The_Sundance_Kid

My two cents would be that

a) Not a believer yet in Chiron, so wouldn't give it equal status to other planets. So there is much less of a yod.

b) So this quasi-yod I think must be interpreted in light of Saturn, which rules over (eventually) mostly everything in traditional rulership, and is in mutual recognition with Uranus. Saturn is in exaltation in 7th and aspects most things- Chiron and the moon.

Also, if looking at the conjunction, Uranus and Neptune rule over the 7th and 8th houses, so these issues, whatever they are, are fused together in the 6th. But I think Saturn would have something to say on all of these things, as Saturn rules the 6th, and is placed in, exalted in, and in part rules the 7th.

Also, in general, you have alot of very potent aspects and configurations, so I would concentrate on those first, by reducing orbs and not using all the minor bodies. But that's my style :)

R4VEN

The_Sundance_Kid said:
My two cents would be that

a) Not a believer yet in Chiron, so wouldn't give it equal status to other planets. So there is much less of a yod.

b) So this quasi-yod :)
A quasi-yod indeed!!!!!

I've been studying Chiron and its effects for around 14 years, and believe me, it's important!!!! But if you're an intellectual astrologer - i.e. where astrology forms in your intellect - then I can accept and understand your position.

Chiron in Yods - particularly at the apex - gives a powerful force for healing during one's lifetime.

Arian Maverick

So then, for example, let's say theoretically I had some kind of ridiculous stelliums at each point of the Yod? Would I consider each possible combination of the points as yods? Also, of what importance are the sextile planets in a Yod? Is the main focus merely on the apex of the yod or can the sextile planets figure heavily into the interpretation of a yod?

I am interested in the answer to this question as well, for I've always assumed that the energies of conjunct planets fuse together. Well, I haven't always assumed this; one of my very first posts on the forum asks if each planet in a conjunction at the point of a yod would be considered separately, and I was told that it was not. I have since developed my own opinion about the matter, but I agree with the member who imparted this advice.

I'm open to new ideas, though ;)

Basically a yod is an aspect pattern. The conjunction is only a minute from being dead-on (pretty amazing timing there!), with the Moon and Chiron both inconjunct (quincunx is the same thing).

I tend to make similar distinctions between configurations and aspects, but I am more inclined to accept Chiron as a point of a configuration than a non-physical body or point such as the North Node, Part of Fortune, or one of the angles, unless this angle is also conjunct a planet. Chiron has its own archetypal energy, and I'd certainly rank it above asteroids in importance.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Shokk

Hmm, It seems that when I posted this earlier it didn't work for whatever reason, so I'll just re-type my message.

The_Sundance_Kid said:
Also, if looking at the conjunction, Uranus and Neptune rule over the 7th and 8th houses, so these issues, whatever they are, are fused together in the 6th. But I think Saturn would have something to say on all of these things, as Saturn rules the 6th, and is placed in, exalted in, and in part rules the 7th.

Also, in general, you have alot of very potent aspects and configurations, so I would concentrate on those first, by reducing orbs and not using all the minor bodies. But that's my style :)
Potent aspects and configurations such as...?
What exactly do you mean by potent?

So, anyway, what I'm still wondering is how the sextile planets in a yod affect it's meaning. I understand that the midpoint of the planets in sextile is the "activation point" of the yod, but what I'm still unsure of is how the interpretation of my yod might change if, say, Mars was in the place of Chiron (significance of chiron as a centaur instead of an actual planet aside) How would that affect the way the yod is to be interpreted? Is the main focus purely on the apex or can the two other planets in the yod drastically change the yod's meaning. (kind of repeating myself from earlier, but It's yet to be addressed so..)

R4VEN

Shokk said:
So, anyway, what I'm still wondering is how the sextile planets in a yod affect it's meaning. I understand that the midpoint of the planets in sextile is the "activation point" of the yod, but what I'm still unsure of is how the interpretation of my yod might change if, say, Mars was in the place of Chiron (significance of chiron as a centaur instead of an actual planet aside) How would that affect the way the yod is to be interpreted? Is the main focus purely on the apex or can the two other planets in the yod drastically change the yod's meaning. (kind of repeating myself from earlier, but It's yet to be addressed so..)
The `sextile planets' create the Yod by being both in quincunx to the apex planet. These combined inconjuncts create a kind of jarring effect, which tends to mask the benefits of the sextile. The sextile energy can be reactivated whenever any planet in transit activates the midpoint of the 2 planets in sextile.

Since the apex planet is where the Yod is most `felt' - by being a place where you know you have to go, or a gift you have a deep need to bring to the world - but it is in some way blocked, then whatever planet is at the apex will be of significance. If Mars were there, the influence would be of a drive which you find difficult to get going, but with Chiron there, the effect may be more subtle, since Chiron's effects are lifetime, and take a number of years on the earth to even be identified. Chiron at the apex would signify a focus upon a healing opportunity which you know intuitively you have come here to complete.

Shokk

What I meant was that if mars were where chiron currently is, such that mars would be making an inconjunct with Uranus/Neptune and in sextile with the Moon. How would that make the yod different? The apex would be the same, the midpoint of the sextile planets would be the same, it's just that the sextile planets themselves would be different.

gaer

You may be focusing on the aspect pattern rather than the planets *in* that pattern.

Consider a grand trine, which you have if you include separating aspects below 5 degrees.

Then you would have Moon, Saturn, Jupiter. Just because you have a grand trine, you would not expect the meaning to be the same if one of those planets was replace with another, right? For instance, imagine Mars there instead of the Moon. Or Venus.

Your chart is complicated to read because there are so many conjunctions.

Try thinking about just one aspect between Neptune/Uranus and the Moon? How would that be different if either Neptuen or Uranus were not there? Or if a different planet were there in place of the Moon?