Old Astrology Books

hazelrah

I was on Kobo's website a few months ago, and thought I'd hit the motherload. They have a bunch of really old Astrology books on there available to download for free. Authors like William Lilly, Raphael,Max Heindel,Alan Leo and others. The problem is that they were digitized by Google, who did a terrible job. For instance, when they translated the astrological glyphs, it just looks like a lot of nonsense( ]J for the moon, S for Leo, @ for the sun, etc). So it gets pretty confusing.It's possible to sort it out, but takes more patience than I have. Some of the text is garbled in the same way. My question is, does anyone know how I could get hold of these from another source? They're not even on Gutenburg or Manybooks. Alot of them seem like real treasures,I think a lot of people on here would be interested in downloading them if they were a bit easier to read.

JUPITERASC

I was on Kobo's website a few months ago, and thought I'd hit the motherload. They have a bunch of really old Astrology books on there available to download for free. Authors like William Lilly, Raphael,Max Heindel,Alan Leo and others. The problem is that they were digitized by Google, who did a terrible job. For instance, when they translated the astrological glyphs, it just looks like a lot of nonsense( ]J for the moon, S for Leo, @ for the sun, etc). So it gets pretty confusing.It's possible to sort it out, but takes more patience than I have. Some of the text is garbled in the same way. My question is, does anyone know how I could get hold of these from another source? They're not even on Gutenburg or Manybooks. Alot of them seem like real treasures,I think a lot of people on here would be interested in downloading them if they were a bit easier to read.

link to "An Annotated Lilly - Christian Astrology re-typed, reset and annotated by Deborah Houlding Volume 1" http://www.skyscript.co.uk/CA.html
and
Vettius Valens entire pdf http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf :smile:

hazelrah

Hi Tikana. No, I haven't had time to do that as yet. Don't even know where to look. I wonder would it translate to my e reader correctly that way?