Natal planet/Asc/Desc/MC/IC at 29 LEO? 21 August 2017 Eclipse on REGULUS may impact

JUPITERASC

Those with a chart angle such as ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC

at 29 degrees Leo
or
a natal planet at 29 degrees Leo
could potentially be impacted
by the 21 August 2017 eclipse on REGULUS a powerful fixed star

HOWEVER
keep in mind that
as dr. farr often reminds us

it is the TOTALITY OF INFLUENCES
(including star influences)
upon a planet or other horoscopic point, that COUNTS
it is NEVER just one astrological indication in isolation that "causes" anything :smile:
so study the natal promise of the chart
and

important to keep in mind
that the eclipse degree may be activated
by any transiting PLANET
within 6 months to a year

AND
MAY ALSO BE RE-ACTIVATED
BY ECLIPSES
even years later

ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree
recur at intervals

changes indicated may occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

note that
eclipse events commence a theme when a transiting planet
conjuncts the degree of a forthcoming eclipse
and
since eclipses recur at regular intervals on a particular degree
one may check back over the years
and track recurrent themes of particular eclipses

TRADITIONAL RULES FOR JUDGING ECLIPSES http://www.skyscript.co.uk/eclipserules.html

Amongst those who study Eclipses from an astrological perspective
it is common knowledge from ancient sources
that an eclipse life span is based upon the length of time that the light from the Sun
is temporarily blocked during a Solar Eclipse
OR when a shadow is cast upon the Moon during a Lunar eclipse.

Nasa's Fred Espanek's astronomical data is gathered from numerous eclipses http://www.mreclipse.com/

On these detailed data pages we find important information regarding
Eclipse “shadow periods”
and learn that these can last for up to four hours and longer

and
according to ancient sources, the number of hours a Solar Eclipse total “shadow period” lasts
is equal to the length of time in years that its effects can last.
So Eclipse effects may "be triggered" at any time within those years
by any planet transiting/aspecting that particular eclipse degree.

Although Lunar Eclipses are said to have an influence of up to six months
their effects have been observed to last much longer.
Astrologers agree that the prenatal eclipse degree is a “sensitive point” of the natal chart
which rewards careful observation
because the prenatal eclipse degree is potentially “active” for a lifetime

Osamenor

Staff member
Thanks for starting this thread! I was thinking of starting one myself, because am I ever getting eclipsed!

I have my north node and south nodes at 28 or 27 degrees (depending on whether you use mean node or true node) Scorpio and Taurus, respectively. And Mars at 0 Gemini. The eclipse will square all of that. And my sun is at 22 Leo, which will put it conjunct transiting Mars during the eclipse. Not only that, from what I hear, everyone with Leo sun or Leo rising is particularly affected by an eclipse in Leo, so being a Leo, I'd be affected anyway.

I already got eclipsed several times this past year. Last September's solar eclipse was right on my natal Venus. The lunar eclipse last February happened at my solar opposition, with the moon right on my sun. And the solar eclipse two weeks later was opposite my Venus. But none of those eclipses were visible where I live (the lunar eclipse happened before sunset and moonrise in my part of the world, and the solar eclipses weren't visible here at all), while the next solar eclipse will be.

Looks like I have a lot of Mars coming at me. Seatbelt fastened, it looks like a wild ride!

dr. farr

Mars will be affected during the eclipse by its conjunction with the star Algenubi; and Mars has dominion over this forthcoming eclipse; it will be a North Node eclipse (the last US total solar eclipse in February 1979 was a South Node eclipse), and Mars will be the apex of a platik grand fire trine (with Uranus in Aries and Saturn/Dark Moon Lilith in Sagittarius at the base) in the upcoming eclipse. Lots of martial influences here!

Osamenor

Staff member
ECLIPSES on the same or similar degree
recur at intervals

changes indicated may occur to others
- such as friends, co-workers and not solely to family
and

when eclipses affect countries
then the entire population is in some way affected

note that
eclipse events commence a theme when a transiting planet
conjuncts the degree of a forthcoming eclipse
and
since eclipses recur at regular intervals on a particular degree
one may check back over the years
and track recurrent themes of particular eclipses

Eclipses happen on approximately the same degree every 19 years. The last one on this degree of Leo was in August 1998.

That year, I got into a romantic relationship close to the time of the eclipse and out of it about six months later, which was when the next eclipse was. Over those six months, I also moved out of the place where I'd been living, got involved in a rather dramatic four way friendship involving me, my new roommate, and two guys our age who moved into the apartment above us right after we became roommates, and decided to go back to school the next year.

This year, I just closed the door on a longterm relationship that actually ended nearly six years ago, but I didn't feel I had closure until I saw my ex one more time, which happened out of the blue on the 4th of July. Maybe there's a new relationship cycle coming. Maybe I'll move again. I don't have any immediate plans to, but who knows. I do have plans to make a career shift within the next two years, and keep my interesting and unusual day job in the meantime, and I'm open to finding a new relationship.

dr. farr

Also, this forthcoming eclipse will have a great deal of connection with Gemini, via the (Manilius) decan of Gemini: while the sign Gemini is in the 8th whole sign house of the eclipse chart (for the US population center, Plato MO), its whole sign cusp (14 Gemini) being in opposition to the Saturn/Dark Moon Lilith conjunction in 2nd house Sagittarius, the Gemini DECANS, around the signs of the chart, posit:
-the eclipse itself (Sun/Moon/North Node)
-Mars
-the Saturn/Dark Moon Lilith conjunction
-Uranus
....a total of 7 astrological elements! Plus, of course, the eclipse will be over the US, which (according to most in mundane astrology) is under the "rulership" of Gemini. So, from my perspective, Gemini will be almost equally influenced by the upcoming eclipse as Leo.

dr. farr

Yes, interresting indeed! My Asc at 28°41'Gemini and Pluto at
28°44'Leo in 3rd

I would look toward activation-but remember, its not NECESSARILY going to be disruptive-it depends upon all of the interrelations of your chart AND the solar eclipse chart, analyzed together.

JUPITERASC

Thanks for starting this thread!
I was thinking of starting one myself, because am I ever getting eclipsed!

I have my north node and south nodes at 28 or 27 degrees
(depending on whether you use mean node or true node) Scorpio and Taurus, respectively.
And Mars at 0 Gemini.
The eclipse will square all of that.
Conjunctions to natal planets/chart points are most important :smile:
however squares require consideration
And my sun is at 22 Leo
which will put it conjunct transiting Mars during the eclipse.
Given a three degree orb for Sun aspects
then the house in which your natal sun is located IS potentially impacted

by the way
at the time of the eclipse
HILLARY CLINTONs SATURN is conjuncted by transiting MARS as well

BUT
due to unreliable birth data for HRC
the house location of HRCS natal Saturn is uncertain
MULTIPLE ALTERNATIVE TIMES OF BIRTH FOR HILLARY CLINTON https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Clinton,_Hillary
ASTROLOGY PODCAST – HILLARY CLINTONS BIRTHTIME REVISITED
http://theastrologypodcast.com/2016/10/22/hillary-clintons-birth-time-revisited/

detectahead

I would look toward activation-but remember, its not NECESSARILY going to be disruptive-it depends upon all of the interrelations of your chart AND the solar eclipse chart, analyzed together.

Saw all of this over a year ago and in correlation to the transit of pluto opposition to sun which is still in play at the time of the eclipse. Disruption no, relief yes! Solar return and secondary progressed are right in tune also

dd78

Those with a chart angle such as ASCENDANT/DESCENDANT/MC/IC
at 29 degrees Leo
or
a natal planet at 29 degrees Leo
could potentially be impacted
by the 21 August 2017 eclipse on REGULUS a powerful fixed star

Regulus, again!
The eclipse squared my natal MC/IC axis
I mean I woludn`t like to face another disaster like last year, when my Solar Return AC was conjunct Regulus!

And, as I`ve learned, my natal Sun is in paran to REGULUS,
does it count?

this star in paran to the Sun means:

"To receive honours and awards, provided one avoids matters of
vengeance"

But I receive no honors or whatsoever, quite the opposite, actually!
So what`s wrong here or with me?:unsure:

JUPITERASC

Regulus, again!
The eclipse squared my natal MC/IC axis
I mean I woludn`t like to face another disaster like last year, when my Solar Return AC was conjunct Regulus!

And, as I`ve learned, my natal Sun is in paran to REGULUS,
does it count?

this star in paran to the Sun means:

"To receive honours and awards, provided one avoids matters of
vengeance"

But I receive no honors or whatsoever, quite the opposite, actually!
So what`s wrong here or with me?:unsure:
PARAN is an ancient astrological technique favored by our member Monk
who has some interesting theories on the use of parans
:smile:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4573

InfoOverload2

Hi, I have Regulus conjunctions I believe
Asc: Leo 29° 6'24" Declination: 11°47'11" N
Regulus: Leo 29° 41' 1" Declination: 12° 1'12" N
South Node: Leo 28°55'28" Declination: 11°50'59" N
Part of Fortune: Leo 26°48' 4" Declination: 12°34'54" N
12 House: Leo 0°43' 3" Declination: 9°59'59" N

Literally just before the eclipse things were looking up, now things have gone exactly how I wanted. but I am so mentally hazed I keep searching for more instead of just being. I've checked out a bit mentally. Is anyone else reporting this?

Last edited:

InfoOverload2

Hi, I have Regulus conjunctions I believe
Asc: Leo 29° 6'24" Declination: 11°47'11" N
Regulus: Leo 29° 41' 1" Declination: 12° 1'12" N
South Node: Leo 28°55'28" Declination: 11°50'59" N
Part of Fortune: Leo 26°48' 4" Declination: 12°34'54" N
12 House: Leo 0°43' 3" Declination: 9°59'59" N

Literally just before the eclipse things were looking up, now things have gone exactly how I wanted. but I am so mentally hazed I keep searching for more instead of just being. I've checked out a bit mentally. Is anyone else reporting this?

I think theres a flaw in my code..
:whistling:

Osamenor

Staff member
This eclipse belongs to SAROS Series 1 North.

According to B.Brady ( "Predictive Astrology") it`s theme is about "unexpected events involving groups/friends" and "distorted information"

Yep, I just saw one of those in my life. I'm not sure to what degree distorted information is involved, but there definitely is some. And considering what's going on for me right now, I'd be surprised if there aren't more of those types of unexpected events coming up shortly.

Feels like the purported Chinese curse: "May you live in interesting times!"