Solar Return Mars & Saturn

KristineG

Hello!

I will have Mars and Saturn partile conjunction (which make squares to Sun and Mercury in the 1st house) in the next solar return.

What is better - put (I plan to relocate) Mars & Saturn conjunction in the solar return 10th house or 11th house?

Thanks

Osamenor

Staff member
Are you going to relocate long term, or just travel for your birthday?

If it's a long term move, decide based on where you really want to be, not on what one year's solar return chart looks like. If it's just a trip, your solar return chart for where you live is what you'll be living under most of the year. A trip that changes your SR house placements might add some new flavors to it, but it won't change the outcome in the long run.

No matter where you are, you will have that conjunction in your SR chart. It will be in the same house in your natal chart. It will make the same aspects to your natal chart and to your other SR placements. All relocation would change is the lens you view it through, and even that won't be more than a brief change if you're not actually moving.

KristineG

Are you going to relocate long term, or just travel for your birthday?

If it's a long term move, decide based on where you really want to be, not on what one year's solar return chart looks like. If it's just a trip, your solar return chart for where you live is what you'll be living under most of the year. A trip that changes your SR house placements might add some new flavors to it, but it won't change the outcome in the long run.

No matter where you are, you will have that conjunction in your SR chart. It will be in the same house in your natal chart. It will make the same aspects to your natal chart and to your other SR placements. All relocation would change is the lens you view it through, and even that won't be more than a brief change if you're not actually moving.

Thank you for your answer.

No, I`m going to travel for my birthday.

Oh, that's mean it won't change anything --> Saturn & Mars conjunction in the 10th house ?! :/

Yes, I understand about conjunction that it will be in the same natal house, but I wanted to change solar return placement.

But what do you think - what mean this Mars & Saturn conjunction in the 10th house? (bad aspected, but not partile/exact aspects)

Thanks.

Osamenor

Staff member
Which of your natal houses will the Saturn/Mars conjunction be in? Consider the meanings of that house combined with the meanings of the tenth house.

Mars and Saturn conjoin every two years. The dates when they conjoin shift gradually, so that the conjunction happens close to the same time of year that it did the last time, but moves away from that date over time. If you have that conjunction in your upcoming solar return (it must be in August or September, considering the time of year they've been conjoining lately), either you had it in your solar return before last, too, or you will have it again two years later, or both. It might be more exact or less, depending on when your birthday falls.

I have a mid August birthday, and I had a Mars/Saturn conjunction in my SR chart every other year from 2010 to 2016, with the conjunction being exact--and right smack on my natal MC, too--in 2012. In 2016, it was right on my SR AC, square my natal Venus and Mercury, and also square the solar eclipse that happened right on my natal Venus two and a half weeks after my solar return. My musings on that are here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95692

What happened for me is probably not going to be what happens for you, of course. Every person is different, every chart is different, and even people with very similar charts are in different situations, so it will play out differently for everyone. If you have this conjunction in your SR tenth house, I would expect some sort of tenth house theme in how it plays out: career, public reputation, authority figures or experts of some kind, something along those lines. Move it to the eleventh, and there might be some added note of longterm plans, friends, and/or group activity. Either way, the theme of the natal house involved would also be included.