Sun or Rising when reading a horoscope

anne3

Banned
I know it is advised to read both but which one will be more accurate or should I say more potent? I read my 2015 horoscope for both my sun and rising and I have to say the rising transits are less difficult than the sun transits. So, which one weighs out more?

Bunraku

I think for horoscope news papers, the Sun is turned to the ASC. So every Sag Sun being read will be treated as a Sag ascendant. That's how predictions are made.

Depends what you're reading to be honest...

greybeard

If you want to predict the coming year...

Start with the directions
and the profections

Then cast solar returns for the year in question and the previous and following years.

Compare all the information you get from these procedures with the natal chart

You cannot take your "Sun sign" and/or your "Rising sign" and make any sort of reliable prediction about anything. Such a procedure lumps one of every 12 people into a single group. Surely you don't believe that one in every 12 people on earth will share the same destiny.

If you do believe that, I have some ocean front property in Idaho for sale.

waybread

Anne, it sounds like your astrological knowledge is at a very elementary level. Most serious astrologers cringe at daily sun-sign columns.-- if this is what you are reading.

The sun is your core identity. Your rising sign is your outward personality. But each sign contains 30 degrees, which is too much real estate in the horoscope for a daily astrological report to cover; unless you use something like the Astrodienst daily horoscope www.astro.com which requires your time, place, and date of birth to get the degrees of your different horoscope placements. You not only have a sun and rising sign, but the rest of the planets in the solar system as well as sensitive points. These make a big difference.

Kabalic Astrologer

Generally the rising sign is more accurate because the chances are better that it fits your personal Chart. But it totally depends on where exactly on the rising sign your personal AC falls. the more close to the beginning of the sign your personal AC falls, the more accurate the general prediction of your rising sign will be. Also there is the matter of size of the houses - general predictions use equal houses system while personal charts are usually not equal in the size of the houses.

To sum it up, even rising sign can tell you totally irrelevant things, though the chances are it would be more accurate then sun prediction.

The Ram

The Mc and the ascendant are the most important. The ascendant is who you are and the mc is who youre going to become.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
The Ram;584783 mc is who youre going to become.[/QUOTE said:
The MC? What reference do you cite? and why do you say this?

Some say a powerful indicator of destiny, and also how one is perceived, but to become ultimately this energy of the zenith in essence as you indicate is interesting. What is your theory on this? Thank you in advance~

The Ram

The Mc is the culmination of the chart. Look at the sun for instance, it rises at the ascendant, ie its born. But at the mc it becomes its brightest and most powerful. Thats why people say to stay out of the sun during the afternoon.

The mc imo only relates to career if its the persons actual calling, if its just a job to accumulate money or to get by then it will have very little to do with the mc. I also think that how others see you would be shown by both the ascendant and the mc, with neither being of any more importance than the other in that regard.

I agree with the destiny part. I see the mc as who the person is destined to become.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
The Mc is the culmination of the chart. Look at the sun for instance, it rises at the ascendant, ie its born. But at the mc it becomes its brightest and most powerful. Thats why people say to stay out of the sun during the afternoon.

The mc imo only relates to career if its the persons actual calling, if its just a job to accumulate money or to get by then it will have very little to do with the mc. I also think that how others see you would be shown by both the ascendant and the mc, with neither being of any more importance than the other in that regard.

I agree with the destiny part. I see the mc as who the person is destined to become.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. Now, the question is; can this ultimately be shown through examples of lives previously manifested in this realm with out taking other significant factors into account with in the natal chart? If I were to use my natal chart as an example based upon what you theorize, then ultimately there would be several outcomes as far as destiny is concerned be it I become a saint or a sinner.

Claire19

I know it is advised to read both but which one will be more accurate or should I say more potent? I read my 2015 horoscope for both my sun and rising and I have to say the rising transits are less difficult than the sun transits. So, which one weighs out more?

Your sun sign and rising sign are both important. We cant say about your particular transits without seeing your chart. The difficulties or ease are indicated by the state of your natal Sun or ascendant and the aspects to them. How evolved you are and how you can handle problems.

Claire19

I think for horoscope news papers, the Sun is turned to the ASC. So every Sag Sun being read will be treated as a Sag ascendant. That's how predictions are made.

Depends what you're reading to be honest...

The newspaper sun signs are only entertainment value and they take the daily Moon sign and blend it with the Sun. They don't go into ascendants, how can they?? If once in a while the prediction hits home, it is merely that one in ten thousand or so, can relate and in a general way.. Real astrological prediction take much study and practise. .

Claire19

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. Now, the question is; can this ultimately be shown through examples of lives previously manifested in this realm with out taking other significant factors into account with in the natal chart? If I were to use my natal chart as an example based upon what you theorize, then ultimately there would be several outcomes as far as destiny is concerned be it I become a saint or a sinner.

I agree that the ruling planet of the MC, the planets in the 10th house will point to vocation, career and public image and status. Where that ruling planet sits and the aspects it makes will give further influences.

our everyday work that puts bread on the table, a roof over our heads, clothes on our back, belongs to the 6th house. Fortunate is the person whose daily work is also their chosen career or vocation.

Claire19

The MC? What reference do you cite? and why do you say this?

Some say a powerful indicator of destiny, and also how one is perceived, but to become ultimately this energy of the zenith in essence as you indicate is interesting. What is your theory on this? Thank you in advance~

MC ruling planet can indicate our public life and what we wish to achieve. If our vocation is our destiny, then yes. It also indicates our public image and status but planets in the 10th house are more powerful.