The moon tarot-most misunderstood card

retinoid

Upright the moon is the light in the darkness. You may be in a dark situation only to follow the light of the moon. May have to use intuition. Psychic tendencies. The moon is a reflection-so reflect what you want to receive. When you are in a certain situation/around certain people, this is what is causing mental strain.

REVERSED-may have strayed from the light of the moon's path. May be only looking at shadows. May be using purely logic and not feeling-which is not what denotes success in the Moon's world (only the sun). Not 'reflecting' what you want/need well to others.

retinoid

If a Person is signified by the Moon in the tarot. They are psychic, intuitive, feminine in nature, emotional, may feel like they are in a dark place in their lives but are coming through with it well, are reflective, introspective, empathetic (empath).

If they are the reversed they are over emotional, may be prone to delusions, are confused, unstable, others emotions are affecting them negatively, feel mentally strained.

dr. farr

The Moon symbol card is also a general significator in Taort for the unknown, the mysterious, the nebulous: it can therefore be used as a significator card in Tarot questions regarding matters which are mysterious, hidden, secretive, the realm of the unknown, to the querent.

Chrysalis

The Moon card relates to Pisces.

The moon card relates to Cancer :unsure: ive always related Hanged man to Pisces/neptune.

But then again actually ive had a discussion in my own head about this, as i do :biggrin:.....as the High Priestess also relates to Moon which would also be Cancer, so having 2 major arcana cards relating to the moon doesn't make sense to me.

So maybe your right here, but i still can't see moon being pisces, so where are you getting it from ...apart from the water ?

Chrysalis

Cancer's the Chariot.

Yes i know, but the moons also "the moon" so shouldn't it be cancer ?

It does kinda make sense it being pisces with the illusions etc...but hanged man's supposed to be pisces. :unsure:

Major arcana (all water) there's...
High priestess - cancer
Chariot - cancer
Hangedman - pisces
Moon - cancer
Death - scorpio

Hmm so 3 cancer/moon cards.

You know what it does make a way lot more sense moon being pisces...and ive always related it to cancer/moon :crying:

david starling

"Relates to", rather than "is". The Moon is the "Motivational-ruler" of Pisces, and Cancer's "Native-ruler". Neptune (Hanged Man) is Pisces "Native-ruler". Tarot isn't entirely synced with Astrology, just relates to it.