Capricorns in the fast changing world.

slavaentp

Capricorns are very effective materially, but they are very slow. They are the best, when they finished their work, but they do it longer, than anybody else.

MY question is - how to Capricorns compete and behave in the fast changing world, where person have to react quickly, and it seems, that signs of Zodiac, who are less effective, but more fast, should beat Capricorns because of their speed. But this seems not to be the case.

[Mod edit - thread moved here, as it discusses a zodiac sign in general, and not the current planetary movements in the sky]

Last edited by a moderator:

freedomlover

Capricorns are very effective materially, but they are very slow. They are the best, when they finished their work, but they do it longer, than anybody else.

MY question is - how to Capricorns compete and behave in the fast changing world, where person have to react quickly, and it seems, that signs of Zodiac, who are less effective, but more fast, should beat Capricorns because of their speed. But this seems not to be the case.
Speaking as someone with natal Ascendant, Mars and Venus in Capricorn, as well as Progressed Sun and Mercury..... my answer is: "Slow and steady wins the race". I've found competition to be very self-destructive. I focus more on "sticking to my own set of plans", and not worrying about how well every one else is doing whatever they are doing.

Be careful "slow and steady" doesn't miss opportunities (Sagittarius) don't you hate their luck, but it's their view on life that brings them opportunities. Capricorn never gives up and is persistent, the cardinal signs are all good for business, initiating a project (aries) determination to succeed (capricorn) people skills (libra) and understanding cycles, the best time to "invest" and protect those investments (cancer). Capricorn in a t,square works well.

Capricorn is hesitant, and more faith and self- belief is needed, they need to take a chance now & again, this doesn't mean risk taking but small chances can help good fortune. Capricorn feels weighed down sometimes, and a little optimism would be helpful. I feel a lot of the issues of Capricorn because of Saturn rising in my chart it colours my view of the world with a saturine lens.

Last edited:

slavaentp

I know about good qualities of Capricorns.

But this world demands speed and reaction! Yes, Cappies are careful, they are determined, they are persistent and they finish their projects.

But nobody needs this! Everyone needs speed! While Capricorn "prepares" - the thing they are preparing becomes obsolete!

Projects need DEADLINES. And Capricorns, who are best in quality do not fulfill those deadlines, because of the thing freedomlover said - they don't care. And they can't care, because they do things one by one and know they should not skip any.

They should just miss all the deadlines and be left behind. And they don't - and I ask how do they manage to do that.

Because I have Jupiter in Capricorn, and feel, that I don't have the time do get the things done.

NicholasH

yea the world is speading up, but technologiy is making it so that everything is more efficiant. including for capricorns. maybe the model of success will change and slowly working to the top of the ladder wont be the norm.

MamaMinnee

With Pluto currently transiting their Sun signs, Capricorns will be compelled to transform, voluntarily or involuntarily. Cap-ruled big businesses are noticably becoming a little more secretive, ruthless, and Plutonian--quietly and slowly squeezing out their smaller competitors. Power-driven Pluto compounds Capricorns already inherent craving for status and accomplishment by making them much more willing to go to any and all extremes to succeed...

Frank

There are some interesting generalizations going on here.

Cardinal signs are actually the fastest of the Quadriplicties. Fixed signs are the slowest, and Mutable signs are in between.

This is related to the seasons. Cardinal signs are when the weather is experiencing its greatest change. Fixed is when the season is pretty well set. Mutable when the weather starts to waver a bit.

Cardinal signs start things.

But Earth may appear to be the slowest of the elements.

Capricorn nature is not hesitant - its constant. It's change one can sink one's teeth into rather than a passing fad.

And as someone with Capricorn rising, with Saturn on the Ascendant and Venus and Mars in Capricorn in the 1st House, I can assure you that Capricorn is not slow.

Ever watch a goat climb a mountain? Very sure-footed, but they get to where they are going pretty quickly, don't they?

If you want to talk slow, talk about Taurus - Fixed Earth.;-)

katydid

Yes, Mars is exalted in Capricorn for good reason. I have Mars conjunct Moon in Cap, and I can get a whole lot done once I commit to something. One reason we may appear slow is that we do not try and assure others or appease others who try to look over our shoulders. We just go steadily about our business.:whistling: Wait, maybe that is my Taurus rising I am talking about now...:unsure:

MamaMinnee

... it's better to plan 5 steps ahead so as to cover all bases, and where your competitors fail you shall succeed....
That is true about Capricorns: they will slowly persevere long after everyone else has given up, which for them, often results in success.

RockFish

Projects need DEADLINES. And Capricorns, who are best in quality do not fulfill those deadlines, because of the thing freedomlover said - they don't care.

Speed and deadlines are not the only thing that matters in a project. I suck at deadlines (cap sun, cap rising, cap mercury and mars here), but I am extremely careful with the quality of what I do, and that has some bearing.