Four difficult Saturn transits simultaneously!

Mist Knacker

This doesn't apply to me, but it does to my sister as she is currently going through four hard Saturn transits at the same time, and all of them are about exact right now.

They are:
Saturn Opposition Mars
Saturn Square Venus
Saturn Square Mercury
Saturn Conjunct South Node

In her chart, Mercury/Venus are in 17-18 degrees Gemini. Her Mars is in 18 degrees Pisces. Her South Node is in 17 degrees Virgo. So, these Saturn transits all hit her at the same time!

Along with these Saturn transits, Pluto was also applying back to an opposition with her Sun and conjunction with her Saturn and Uranus as Pluto had gone retrograde a while back.

Her chart has a double T-Square involving a Moon Opposition Mars with a Mercury/Venus conjunction squaring that.
My mother also has a Moon Opposition Mars although it's not part of a T-Square. She does have a T-Square involving a Moon Opposition Venus with Neptune squaring it. Mars conjuncts Venus, though it doesn't square Neptune since the conjunction is rather wide.

I've noticed that my sister has significant nodal contacts between my mother and I:
Her Sun is conjunct my mother's North Node.
Her Uranus/Saturn conjunction is conjunct my mother's South Node.
Her nodal axis is at my Ascendant/Descendant axis; South Node at my Ascendant and North Node at my Descendant.

Like me, she has 6 retrograde planets and a heavy 8th house. Her Mercury/Venus in the 8th House conjuncts my Midheaven. Additionally, she has 4 planets in Anaretic degrees. Her Venus and nodal axis are at critical degrees in mutable signs. Her Pluto is at a critical degree at 9 degrees Scorpio (critical degrees in Fixed Signs are 8-9, 21-22 degrees).

Now, here's the incident that occurred:

Last night, there was a bad incident at my house. My sister was brought home by my mother from a bar because she had been presumably drinking. Once they got home, they got into a huge fight, both physical and verbal. She wanted to go home, but mother wouldn't take her. She was cursing, using the "f" word, saying "f" you to the parents. Once I began noticing the verbal outrage, I pulled up my sister's chart w/ transits, and I noticed these 4 Saturn transits, about exact. So, I went outside and saw how bad it actually was. I told my sister to calm down and that I really needed to talk to her. She wouldn't come. She appeared to be way out of reality and was impossible to reason with. Anyway, the situation got so bad that mother had to do 911. So, a cop came and helped calmed the situation down. However, once everyone got inside, it still took some time for things to get reasonably calm.

Once she was calm, I started telling her about these transits. She has always been pretty open about Astrology although she pretty much doesn't know anything about it at all aside from the newspaper horoscopes. Therefore, she didn't really understand the transits I told her about. I've never had a chance to show her her natal chart but will when I get a chance.

I also did an event chart for the incident. The chart concerned my sister, so I went to the 7th house. Scorpio was on it, and she is a Scorpio rising, and the degree was close to her particular degree. Then I counted 4 houses from there as the 4th house relates to home, family, and domestic.
In there, I saw the triple conjunction of Jupiter-Neptune-Chiron. In my sister's chart, Jupiter rules her 2nd house, and Neptune rules her 5th house. This triple conjunction in this event chart was square Mars (co-ruler of my sister's chart), which was in the 1st house of this chart. It was also Quincunx Mercury (rational mind) and the Sun (identity), and the Moon (emotions) was Quincunx Mars also.

My sister has some midpoints in the first decanate of Taurus, and this is where the Moon was going through when this happened.

Jupiter relates to excess, Neptune rules drugs and alcohol, and aggression & anger tend to be the negative side of Mars. So, I believe alcohol played a part in this domestic incident as Neptune rules over her 5th house of affection, joy, and it's placed in her 2nd House. Neptune also makes a wide opposition to her Sun.

I have her natal chart, my mother's natal chart, both with transits, along with the incident chart, attached here.

Has anyone else ever gone through multiple Saturn transits simultaneously before? If so, what was it like?

Also, in my sister's chart, what would all those Rx planets, heavy 8th house, and planets and angles in anaretic and critical degrees signify?

Attachments

• sister natal.gif
    sister natal.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 45
  • mother natal.gif
    mother natal.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 39
  • incident.gif
    incident.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 36

Lin

Also Venus is in t-square with her moon-Mars. Transit Jupiter and Neptune are square her Jupiter and can you tell us what she went through when Saturn squared her Moon? I think she has some big issues with mom maybe ongoing ones.....
But she obviously has been going through some very emotional stuff....bad break up?? Guy she likes hooked up to another gal?? What has been happening? This incident did not occur in a vacuum all of a sudden. This is the end result of some very painful stuff for her.
LIN

Mist Knacker

Also Venus is in t-square with her moon-Mars. Transit Jupiter and Neptune are square her Jupiter
Yes. The triple Ju/Ne/Ch is applying back to a square with her natal Jupiter as those Ju had gone Rx back in June, and Ne & Ch Rx back in May.

and can you tell us what she went through when Saturn squared her Moon?
Back in early May 2007, she got married.

However, in about a year, they got divorced. Well before that, though, they got separated.

The person she married has his Sun in the first decanate of Virgo (my mother told me he was an early Virgo).

So, her husband would have had a Saturn Conjunction Sun transit sometime in the last quarter of 2007 and also sometime in the first half of 2008. He likely would've have had three passes with this transit.

My sister's Saturn Square Moon started in late August 2008 and went on until late September 2008, so it lasted for a month. It made only one pass. I don't really know what happened when she went through it. I would have to ask her about it.

Her husband's Saturn Conjunction Sun transit, on the other hand, likely made three passes, as I mentioned above. So, I think it may have been her husband's Saturn/Sun transit that was a factor in the divorce as it started not too long after the marriage.

I will attach the marriage chart at the end of the thread.

I notable things I found in it were:

A triple T-Square involving Venus opposing a conjunction of Pluto and the Moon with a triple conjunction of Mars, Uranus, and North Node squaring that opposition. Jupiter is also involved (oppositie Venus, square Mars/Uranus) although it isn't conjunct Pluto but is conjunct the Moon.
A double T-Square involving a Saturn Opposition Neptune with a Sun/Mercury conjunction squaring that opposition.

Mars is the ruler of H7 of marriage in this chart, and it's part of that triple T-Square.

Also, Mercury, the dispositor of my sister's and her husband's Sun, and Venus (planet of relationships) in this chart, is combust and involved in that aforementioned double T-Square.

From the looks of this chart, this was likely going to be a rough marriage and one that probably wasn't going to last long.

I think she has some big issues with mom maybe ongoing ones.....
She had problems when she was in high school and wasn't able to finish as a result. From middle school, she began hanging out with some wrong people, and this seems to be when the issues started. She had to get a GED. In 9th/10th grade, she was seemingly rebellious, and from what I was told, she was doing drugs. She saw doctors, and they thought that she was bipolar, so she took some medications. However, by 16, that turbulent phase apparently ended, and she no longer needed to see doctors nor psychologists. By 18, she was able to live on her own. She has never had any trouble holding a job.

I noticed that Uranus is the ruler of her 4th House, which opposes her Sun.

Additionally she has Mars in the 4th house, and this can signify tension in childhood and difficulties at home. It's part of that T-Square.

Uranus conjuncts her mother's South Node. From what I read about this relationship aspect, Uranus wants to rebel while South Node wants to hold.

In middle school, she went through Pluto Square Moon. Then, when she started high school, she went through several difficult Pluto transits at the same time. They were:
Pluto Square Mars
Pluto Opposition Venus
Pluto Opposition Mercury

It also squared her nodal axis.

These lasted until later 2004, which, from what I recall, is when that particular bad phase ended for her.

At the time she got married, she was going through:
Pluto Opposition Sun
Pluto Conjunction Uranus
Pluto Conjunction Saturn

Pluto is posited in her 12th House.

But she obviously has been going through some very emotional stuff....bad break up?? Guy she likes hooked up to another gal??
I'm not sure who she's been dating lately, but she had that marriage back in 2007, which didn't last at all.

What has been happening? This incident did not occur in a vacuum all of a sudden. This is the end result of some very painful stuff for her.
LIN
She lives on her own, so I don't much about what goes on. She turned 21 on June 20 of this year, which she felt was a milestone age, so maybe she started getting involved with certain things that she wasn't involved with before 21.

Attachments

• marriage.gif
    marriage.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

katydid

She turned 21 on June 20 of this year, which she felt was a milestone age, so maybe she started getting involved with certain things that she wasn't involved with before 21.

That explains some of it right there. LOTS of newly 21 yr olds mess up when they first start going to bars. It takes a little while to figure out how much is too much. And one or two times like she had, and hopefully she will be able to gauge things better.

noideaaboutastro

[deleted non-astrological comment and attacking comment - Moderator - Reminder: please PM the person directly with either non-astrological comments or non-astrological comments about disagreements with their astrological conclusions. This will make sure the thread stays on subject and remains astrological.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mist Knacker

That explains some of it right there. LOTS of newly 21 yr olds mess up when they first start going to bars. It takes a little while to figure out how much is too much. And one or two times like she had, and hopefully she will be able to gauge things better.
It's also not long before she goes through the Uranus Square Uranus transit, which everyone at age 21-22 goes through, and this transit represents a time when we break free to become truly aware of ourselves as individuals.

Currently, Uranus is only 3 degrees from an exact square to her Uranus. The transit officially starts on April 2010 when the fourth Saturn Opposition Uranus hits.

However, when I compared that incident chart to her chart, its Uranus was square to her Uranus.

Uranus Square Uranus, though, won't be the only Uranus square that she will have. She will also be going through Uranus Square Saturn and Uranus Square Sun at the same time.

Her Saturn Square Saturn begins in the second week of October of this year also, another transit that everyone at age 21-22 goes through, in which certain aspects and experiences in your life get tested. Along with this, Saturn will also be squaring her Sun and Uranus. At this same time, Neptune Square Jupiter will make its last exact hit.
The Saturn squares go out of orb in first week of November. Then Saturn goes retrograde in mid January 2010, and the squares reapply at the end of March.

In September of this year, Pluto will have retrograded back to 0.40 degrees Capricorn and stationed there applying to its last conjunction to her Saturn and Uranus and an opposition to her Sun, though all out-of-sign. In October, this last conjunction will overlap with her Saturn squares and Neptune Square Jupiter.

Then, from the time of the fourth Saturn Opposition Uranus hit in April 2010 to the fifth one in July 2010, she will be having six squares from these two planets:
Uranus Square Uranus
Uranus Square Saturn
Uranus Square Sun
Saturn Square Saturn
Saturn Square Uranus
Saturn Square Sun

However, there is going to be a period from the last week of May until the second week of June where she will be having nine squares at the same time as Jupiter will be in late Pisces and then going into Aries. So, along with those six squares, she will also be having:
Jupiter Square Saturn
Jupiter Square Uranus
Jupiter Square Sun

All of these squares are from just these three planets alone.

The Jupiter squares will make two more passes after this:
In September 2010 and in January 2011

Her Saturn squares will end at the end of July, and her Uranus squares will go out of orb in mid October and then make their last exact hit in late February 2011, though it will square those planets the last time on December 2011 but out-of-sign and a wider orb.

Based on the current transits occurring and the ones that are going to occur starting in the fall, I will say that the next 1 1/2 to 2 years are not going to be easy for her.

Last edited:

katydid

It's also not long before she goes through the Uranus Square Uranus transit, which everyone at age 21-22 goes through, and this transit represents a time when we break free to become truly aware of ourselves as individuals.

Currently, Uranus is only 3 degrees from an exact square to her Uranus. The transit officially starts on April 2010 when the fourth Saturn Opposition Uranus hits.

However, when I compared that incident chart to her chart, its Uranus was square to her Uranus.

BINGO. I was actually going to discuss this aspect but I got sidetracked. Sorry about that.

That whole episode had the chaotic feeling of her Uranus/Uranus square transit erupting visibly and dramatically. Your sister ,having Scorpio rising, must have been devastated to air her dirty laundry so publicly and awkwardly. It is going to be a difficult time for her to deal with all of these challenging squares at once. :surprised:
The one upside is that having them simultaneously gives a greater chance of having a HUGE transformation come about in one's life. It means more chaos and upheaval to begin with, much like what you witnessed, but with more possibility for improvement in the end. :sideways::wink:

You said earlier that there was some emotional turmoil in her younger years, but then she moved away from needing therapy or medication as she matured. It may be that she
buried some of the upset, and if so, this is the time it will be released and unveiled.

Tr Saturn was making a huge impact upon her natal chart. It was nearing conjunction with her Moon in Virgo, but it was exactly opposing her mars in Pisces, and exactly squaring her Venus in Gemini. That is a powerful tsquare in her chart and it implies some
inner turmoil in the way her emotional relationships play out. It seems like she holds back sometimes, for fear of upsetting her partner or her mother, who are at odds with each other. The apex of that opposition being Venus, puts her in the middle. maybe she somehow blames Mom for her relationship woes. Whatever was buried is now exploding forth.

Some of the anger towards her Mother was evident already, but it is probably not the main source of her upset. She may have just been venting at those whom care for her the most because she could. Uranus square Uranus lashes out blindly at all restriction and authority. She is really trying to grow up now, and to do that successfully she needs to cut some of the ties that bind. :sad:

It is really hard for the current 21 yr olds because of their saturn/uranus/neptune bundles. When uranus squares itself, which is the natural transit at 21 or so, it also challenges saturn and neptune as well. That is the stuff of massive confusion about what to do and how to react and make one's way in this crazy world. These young people are dealing with this failed economy, and this weird cyber world, and a collective lack of traditional morality, and social violence, that most of us would buckle under to. :andy:

So I applaud your sister for trying to break free even while flipping out a little bit. :innocent::alien:

I mean, I can empathize with her intense feelings, after seeing all of these squares, challenges, from the outer forces. I think she is feeling really ALONE in the world right now. Her marriage didn't stand a chance with the aspects/transits they were facing, and
now she is facing even more difficult transits, but doing so alone and feeling vulnerable and while still grieving her failed marriage.

Lots of the challenges are aimed at her Sun. Does she have a solid job or a strong sense of self form something that defines her successfully? She will need a lot of support from those who love her now. I am glad to see that you are so concerned. Maybe she will see that and take it in as well. :kissing::wink:

Last edited:

Mist Knacker

Tr Saturn was making a huge impact upon her natal chart. It was nearing conjunction with her Moon in Virgo, but it was exactly opposing her mars in Pisces, and exactly squaring her Venus in Gemini. That is a powerful tsquare in her chart and it implies some
inner turmoil in the way her emotional relationships play out. It seems like she holds back sometimes, for fear of upsetting her partner or her mother, who are at odds with each other. The apex of that opposition being Venus, puts her in the middle. maybe she somehow blames Mom for her relationship woes. Whatever was buried is now exploding forth.
With the Saturn/Moon transit I mentioned in the other post, I meant the conjunction rather than the square.

Her Saturn Square Moon occurred from mid July 2001 until early May 2002. This transit made three passes. She was in the 8th grade then, and I can't remember what was going on at the time.

Lots of the challenges are aimed at her Sun. Does she have a solid job or a strong sense of self form something that defines her successfully?
As of now, she has a stable job. She works at a nice restaurant, which she started late last year or early this year. This job overlapped with her previous one initially, working two jobs, and then she went with just this one.

katydid

With the Saturn/Moon transit I mentioned in the other post, I meant the conjunction rather than the square.

Her Saturn Square Moon occurred from mid July 2001 until early May 2002. This transit made three passes. She was in the 8th grade then, and I can't remember what was going on at the time.

As of now, she has a stable job. She works at a nice restaurant, which she started late last year or early this year. This job overlapped with her previous one initially, working two jobs, and then she went with just this one.

Well, whatever came up for her back then may be resurfacing now and coming out in the open more. This saturn/moon conjunction will be very powerful because of the venus/mars square which hooks into it. It may have to do with feeling loved or loveable enough to be happy or fulfilled. :unsure:

I am glad she has steady work for now. she may need it as a life line and as something productive to help her through the upcoming stresses.

Mist Knacker

I am glad she has steady work for now. she may need it as a life line and as something productive to help her through the upcoming stresses.
Overall, I don't think she should have any issues keeping a job in the long run (unlike me, who hasn't been able to work for about 3 years).

Jupiter, planet of expansion, rules her 2nd House of income.

Her Saturn-Uranus conjunction along with Neptune are placed in her 2nd House. Her Saturn-Uranus are disposited by Jupiter, and they also trine her MC (career). Neptune also trines her Moon, placed in the 10th House.

Jupiter (H2 ruler) is placed in her 7th House of relationships, which means her income will be related to activities relating to the public. It is conjunct her DC, so it's strong.

Uranus in her 2nd could indicate innovative ways of making a living, and with Saturn in there, would also indicate responsibility and cautiousness towards money along with steady income, though success may come gradually. Neptune there can indicate being idealistic towards material possessions. It may also indicate making a living through imaginative ways.

The challenges I see here, however, are:

Her Sun, ruler of her MC, is under stress by all three of her 2nd House planets. However, the ruler of her MC itself here is sextile to her MC.

Jupiter doesn't receive many aspects overall, but it is sextile her Mars, the ruler of her 6th House of work, though it is square to her MC.

Mars (ruler of H6) in H4 (home, family domestic life) is part of that challenging T-Square involving the Moon in H10 and Mercury/Venus in H8.

Venus, dispositer of H2 ruler Jupiter, is afflicted. Venus, in her chart, rules H7 (relationships, marriage) and H12 (self-undoing).

The dispositor of her afflicted Venus and Sun, Mercury (ruler of H8 and H11), is also poorly aspected. However, it is sextile to her MC.

On a plus side, though, her chart ruler, Pluto, is strong as it conjuncts her Ascendant, is in its own sign, and it is also well-aspected. It sextiles her H2 Neptune, her H10 Moon, and her H6 ruler Mars. A strong Pluto gives a striving for meaning and purpose, and they can have an easier time in manifesting what they want.

Based on these, I don't think she should have much trouble sustaining a steady job over the time ahead, possibly barring some of the hard transits to her H2 planets, H10 planets, transits to/from her H2 ruler, H6 ruler, and/or her H10 ruler.
She has worked since 15. Everytime she has left a job, she has always been able to get another one pretty much right after that. Whenever she has applied to a new job, she had still been working at her current one. The only time she had to quit a job and be out of work for any significant amount of time was when she hurt her back when she worked as a frozen foods stocker at a health food store.

Last edited:

Kane

Wow! and I thought my chart was taking a hit. I can, however, identify with multiply Saturn transits. I currently have Saturn squares with Venus, sun, Neptune, and Uranus. My health has been greatly effected and have lossed all friendships. I am not as experienced, so I do not know how to put together all of the aspects, but I do see the Jupiter transit as a good thing, even with the squares. Hard aspects usually mean Jupiter's energy comes up as laziness, arrogance and etc. However, after dealing with Saturn, this is exactly with she needs to counterbalance Saturn. Therefore, there is some hope and optimism for your sister. Other than that, my prays and wishes go out to you and your sister. Those are some really hard transits.

Mist Knacker

Wow! and I thought my chart was taking a hit. I can, however, identify with multiply Saturn transits. I currently have Saturn squares with Venus, sun, Neptune, and Uranus. My health has been greatly effected and have lossed all friendships. I am not as experienced, so I do not know how to put together all of the aspects, but I do see the Jupiter transit as a good thing, even with the squares. Hard aspects usually mean Jupiter's energy comes up as laziness, arrogance and etc. However, after dealing with Saturn, this is exactly with she needs to counterbalance Saturn. Therefore, there is some hope and optimism for your sister. Other than that, my prays and wishes go out to you and your sister. Those are some really hard transits.
These Saturn transits happened almost a year and a half ago.

She is doing better now.

She is currently still going through Uranus square Uranus/Saturn & Uranus square Sun transits, and these will end in March 2011 when Uranus enters Aries for good.

Her Saturn square Saturn/Uranus and Saturn square Sun ended this past July.

At the time of the fourth Saturn/Uranus opposition, which squared her Sun, Saturn, and Uranus, she was pulled over and cited for a DUI. She will be contesting this in court sometime in the first quarter of this coming year.

On the other hand, her Jupiter sextile natal Jupiter has been in orb since October. After this, Jupiter will square her Sun, Saturn, and Uranus before it enters Aries in January 2011.

Neptune will be trining her Sun and sextiling her Saturn/Uranus until February 2012.

Starting at end of this month, Saturn will go into a two month long trine to her Venus.

In her progressions, her Mars is currently at 29 degrees Pisces. It's conjunct the fixed star Scheat, often known to be negative in its influence, and squares her Sun, Saturn, and Uranus. It progresses into Aries at her next birthday. At that same time, she has a progressed New Moon in Cancer in her 9th House.

Her 2010 Solar Return has a Grand Cross and a Grand Air Trine involving Neptune, the Moon, and her Sun. From what I read, a Grand Cross in an SR usually indicates an eventful year.

According to Vedic Astrology, she is going through Saturn Sade Sati and is in the third 2.5 years of it. This period ends in November 2011. Saturn Sade Sati is difficult for most people.

Overall, there are likely to be some new beginnings in her life next year.

sethi

Hello Mist

I am not sure what is your actual problem. I have just opened this thread and I am quite confused.

So if you are currently interested, then please let me know the question which you want to ask about your sister, and I will try to look into it.

But I have already had a look at the chart of your sisters, and I found that she never felt that her mother was really "hip" or "meeting the times" . She felt that her mother was too old and quite stern , severe in her judgements.

BobZemco

She is doing better now.

She won't be in the future. Her Directed Ascendant will oppose, Venus, Mercury and Sun in that order. It won't be pleasant.

At the time of the fourth Saturn/Uranus opposition, which squared her Sun, Saturn, and Uranus, she was pulled over and cited for a DUI. She will be contesting this in court sometime in the first quarter of this coming year.

Too bad you didn't use Primary Directions, but even that wouldn't have been so bad if you had just considered the Houses instead of focusing solely on the aspects (which is not Astrology by the way).

DUI arrest was probably Directed Ascendant square Mars in the 4th House which represents the act the act of capturing and Mars rules the 6th House of Captivity. Mars is in the Term of Mercury who is in and rules the 8th House (which is the act of incarcerating). Mercury is not Combust, but still Under Beams and weak.

You might have seen that too if you hadn't ignored the Houses. Saturn is in the House of Authority in opposition to Ascendant Ruler Mars without Reception (a serious conflict) and Virgo is a Human Sign, plus Saturn rules the 3rd House of short trips and transportation, plus the House of capturing (4th House).

On the other hand, her Jupiter sextile natal Jupiter has been in orb since October. After this, Jupiter will square her Sun, Saturn, and Uranus before it enters Aries in January 2011.

I seriously doubt that. Transit orbs are 30' of arc.

You do realize that Natal Jupiter is Peregrine, right? The Directed Ascendant is currently in the Term of Jupiter and will be for maybe another 7 years or so. Most of her problems started when she had maybe 15 1/2 years when Directed Ascendant moved into the Term of Peregrine Jupiter.

Her Directed Ascendant will oppose Venus when she has 27 years. If she is married, she won't be, especially since the Directed Ascendant will also be conjunct the Lot of Saturn (which Natal Venus opposes and Natal Venus is Retrograde and Peregrine Jupiter is the Dispositor for the Lot of Saturn).

Claire19

Can u post her chart, even anonymously with current transits and progressions. All this data is tedious. A visual chart is better. Not all Saturn transits apply if no natal echo..

Last edited: