Help determining Sun sign

ceres76

Hi guys.

Usually people struggle to determine the rising sign when the birth hour isn't know. In this particular case I nailed the ascendant, but here is the kicker: Within this rising sign the Sun changes from the last minutes of the 29th degree to 0 of the next sign.

I know that 0 confers characteristics of both signs, but how about the last degree of a sign? Is is possible to have physical/psychological characteristics of the next sign when the Sun is still on the last degree?

Have any of you ever speculated about such a situation, and how did your guestimate work out once you were able to verify the time of birth?

Thanks for any input you may have.

Cheers.
Ceres

P.S. I hope I am posting this in the correct place...

gaer

ceres76 said:
Hi guys.

Usually people struggle to determine the rising sign when the birth hour isn't know. In this particular case I nailed the ascendant, but here is the kicker: Within this rising sign the Sun changes from the last minutes of the 29th degree to 0 of the next sign.

I know that 0 confers characteristics of both signs, but how about the last degree of a sign? Is is possible to have physical/psychological characteristics of the next sign when the Sun is still on the last degree?

Have any of you ever speculated about such a situation, and how did your guestimate work out once you were able to verify the time of birth?

Thanks for any input you may have.

Cheers.
Ceres

P.S. I hope I am posting this in the correct place...
What are you getting for the Sun sign? 29 degrees 59 minutes? Is it that close?

EJ53

Banned
Hi Ceres,

Since the sun starts progressing through the next sign almost immediately after birth, that would presumably colour the behaviour/characteristics but the birthsign will dominate the appearance/personality. (A bit like 2 houses being identical on the outside but decorated differently inside.)

My ascendant is in the last minutes of Virgo. Others see me as being concerned only with detail/a "nit-picker" - whilst I see myself as being concerned with detail only to attain a balanced view. My guess is that the last minutes of Sun signs would result in something similar.

Lin

Luckily, we now have computers which tell us to the "second" where the Sun is.
Also, We don't have to depend entirely on the Sun sign, as the other planets give clues about other character traits. So if Merc is in Leo, the person will appear more Leo. If Merc or Venus are in Virgo, the person will have the Virgo traits along with the Leo. The more bodies in one sign, the more the person will appear to be representative of that sign.

But then there are the decanates. The last decanate of Leo is ruled by Mars. So a person whose Sun is at the last degree of Leo will have Sun/Mars traits. Also, this makes the planet Mars more important in relation to the Sun. No one planet, sign or aspect defines the person. The chart is a great interwoven web.
LIN