What is it with Virgos and their gentle touch?

Whitney

Before I start, I'm not saying that this is a bad thing. But when it comes to my boyfriend, sometimes, it drives me crazy that he won't hold onto me like he actually means it. I appreciate his effort to be touchy-feely with me, when naturally he's not, but when he does, it's always a soft, light touch. Or he softly rubs my leg. Blah! That's the type of thing you'd do with your grandmother.

Is this because he's "just a Virgo" with his sensitive side coming from his Moon in Pisces? I mean, with his Mars in Scorpio, you would think he'd be a bit more passionate?

Natal:

Also, for extra, if you want to see my natal chart as to why it drives me crazy:

Last edited:

Night Sky

Try Neptune on Ascendant = Sensitive person

+ Mars square Venus = possibly makes Mars more softer, like Venus and Venus more agressive like Mars, in this case that Venus would be you???

I always thought of Mars square Venus = infidelity, or lot sexually lot of Sex. Or arguments between boy and girlfriend. Maybe you could read up on it?

Maybe your right is Virgo Sun. But you have Virgo rising, how does this work for you?:D

Marelise

I'm a Virgo with Moon in Pisces (Gemini rising, Mercury on Virgo/Libra cusp, Venus in Cancer, Mars in Sagittarius, stellium in fifth house) and I'm a total wildcat in bed! Don't blame the Virgo/Pisces split. It works for me, and my partner(s). Virgo is the kinkiest sign. Can also be emotionally repressed. But we are earth after all, so feel at home in the body and can express emotions physically that we never could verbally.

I think Virgo is the ultimate "angel in the kitchen, lady in the parlor, whore in the bedroom." And I know that's not just the women, because my partner is a Virgo too, and he's amazing in bed! He had to get used to my fieryness, but now steps it up like a man and is wonderful.

aquarius7000

To Mars square Venus: this can manifest itself in different ways depending on sign/house placements & aspects the two planets form. Speaking generally though, Mars is stronger of the two, and means drive and action, also impulsiveness and coarseness, whilst Venus is love with gentleness and calmness (Libra), even value and trust (Taurus), and with both in a square (difficulty in combining the energies), there will be an imbalance and a challenge esp when it comes to relationships (both being r'ship planets, so to speak). It can make the native rash, insensitive, given to jealousies and bad tempers, but usually more open in expressing their feelings and desires, even or esp sexual ones. Should Venus however be better placed and aspected, the person can be hypersensitive, easily hurt by others, easily feel/actually be used and abused by the opposite sex, self-indulgent and going more after the good & easy/ materialistic life.

But, having briefly looked at the chart posted up here, even though Mars is placed 'in dignity', but is not half as much aspected as Venus (which is neutrally placed in Leo), or even Moon in sensitive Pisces (so he will have the gentlest way of expressing his deepest emotions). The more a planet is aspected, the more 'connected-in' it is in a chart, thereby usually more profoundly influencing the native. Notice also that his Venus is beautifully trined by compassionate & tender Neptune, with the latter co-ruling his Asc through its conjunction with it (tremendous Piscean energies at work here). Additionally, see how well occupied Libra (harmony and balance in relationships) is in his case, even if two of the three planets are non-personal planets, but they add weight to the overall picture. Other 'coarse' planets, if you so will, like Sat & Plu don't mal-aspect Venus either, on the contrary they trine it, so their energies combine and support Venus in its 'role'. giving the native's relationship depth and stability, I'd say. Further, going by planetary placements in signs, the chart's native has, except for the planets in Libra, no planets in any of the other three cardinal signs, showing that he is not the one really to take the lead and be very active. Last, but not least, Virgo Suns are certainly not the most forthcoming of signs, they can be rather shy, or at least 'consciously' held-back. Oh, actually there is another thing I have noticed, which is that he has most of his planets concentrated in, let me say, transpersonal/outer houses ten and eleven, so he might be employing most of his energies in his career (well-blessed tenth house, btw) and the eleventh house placements, esp Mars, might make him a bit detached when it comes to expressing his emotions on a one-on-one basis, like a more friendly way of showing how much he likes you than a passionate one (though they might be deep & intense thanks to Sco there).

Hope this helps,
:)aquarius7000

Last edited:

Whitney

Night Sky: I honestly don't see much of "Virgo Rising" in me. I don't want to side-track from the thread's point, but I often have difficulty relating to my sun sign or rising sign. Not sure if this is because those planets are not "aspected" as well, but it's just one of those things I've come to accept and no one has given me really good answers.

Aquarius: Yes, thank you very much for your interpretation. It was exactly what I was looking for. He is, more often than not, very gentle but not romantic. I respect him for what he is, I was just curious as to what was causing it, both of us being astrology and whatnot.

tsquare

Maybe its just the age difference, but I'm sure you thought of that yourself already and it's not a big deal...so...

There are some interesting synasty aspects on this link.
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/synastry/venus.html

I eyeball that you have a sun square sun aspect.
Sun opposite or square Sun: These two people usually have objectives that are at odds with eachother. The result is that there may be clashes of ego, frustration, conflicts and lack of compromise. While the relationship may not be very harmonious, if they do learn to overcome their stubbornness with eachother, they can achieve a great deal because this combination has a higher degree of energy than the trine or sextile.

I am surprised things are as mellow as you say..you have mars conj his mars....your mars is square his venus as well...
Ahhh...that may be it...
I dated a girl that had venus square my mars and my mars square her Venus....I was slightly more aggressive and the timing was off....
We has a mars conj, Jupiter conj, Saturn conj, pluto conj....my venus trined her mars..and her venus squared my mars...and we had mars conj...this was all in synastry...
Your mars is square, but it is somewhat wide...didnt look real close...9, 10, maybe 11 degrees..the minutes of his venus are late...so you could say his venus is 24 degrees.....anyway...

an example of your mars square his venus from here.http://www.astrology-x-files.com/synastry/ (over on the right is the links to aspects)
Venus opposite or square Mars: There is a strong sexual and romantic attraction here as well, but often there is some sort of problem with timing. The Venus person tends to think of the Mars person as too crude and aggressive. The Mars person usually thinks the Venus person is too stuffy or uptight. Compromise is necessary in order for this to work out well.

I also noticed you may have a sun square...
and a saturn square...9 degree orb for the saturn square in the synastry...keep in mind I am eyeballing this stuff....

His sun is trine you venus...almost 9 degrees...

His mars is sextile your venus...thats good...
smvenus.gif
conjunct.gif
smmars.gif
Venus conjunct Mars: This combination is indicative of a strong romantic and sexual attraction. The Mars person is usually the one to initiate first contact. It is doubtful that your sex life will ever get dull with this combination. In platonic friendships, it brings about a fun and exciting atmosphere.
smvenus.gif
trine.gif
sextile.gif
smmars.gif
Venus trine or sextile Mars: This is essentially the same as the conjunction so you should read the description above.

I also thought it was intersting that you both had jupiter in the early degrees of a water sign, while both having it in the 10thH...carrer...yours cancer his scorpio.....so in synastry jupiter trine jupiter...
conjunct.gif
smjupiter.gif
Jupiter conjunct Jupiter: These two people were either born in the same year or they were born a multiple of 12 years apart. It increases the probability that they come from similar religious, educational or philosophical backgrounds. If they weren't born near the same year, then the older individual may act as a surrogate parent or guide to the younger individual.
smjupiter.gif
trine.gif
sextile.gif
smjupiter.gif
Jupiter trine or sextile Jupiter: This aspect is similar to the conjunction. It increases the probability that they come from similar religious, educational or philosophical backgrounds. Usually the older person will guide the younger.

you may have venus quincunx venus in synastry as well...somewhere around 150 degrees...a synastry chart would tell you...I ran across this the other day...
It is supposed to be a "hard" aspect..but I don't know enough about it...you have a Capricorn Venus...him a leo venus....at the most I would guess you see him as too impulsive or forward....you don't seem to be worried about that...more the other way arround....so I don't know...

From here:http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/vemamereln.html
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quincunxes are probably the most confusing aspect in synastry. They tend to get a bad rap, which is partially quite well deserved. However, an actual close quincunx between compatible planets such as Venus-Venus, Moon-Moon, Sun-Sun, or ASC-ASC is actually a very positive connection on the one hand, in addition to the problems of the quincunx on the other hand. Quincunx planets have a "6-8" relationship with each other in astrology, which basically indicates an energy that is more heavy, "karmic," and dysfunctional. The really unusual thing about a quincunx is that a close quincunx (of three degrees and fifteen minutes or less) between basically 'soft' planets actually give some very strong compatibility to counter-balance the problems of the quincunx signs. I have to thank the Magi Society's research for helping me to eventually put this puzzle together. Venus quincunx Venus within three degrees? Thank them lucky stars. [/FONT]

You may find out more from the first link, there are quite a few aspects there and your going to know if they fit better then anyone.

Are you sure you have the right birth time for the Virgo asc.
change it just a little and the whole asc. changes a great deal.