Summer Solstice 2006 Discussion

maverick

Alright, folks; I'm breaking my usual silence as I have this great urge to discuss feelings and observations regarding the upcoming Summer Solstice and Cancer Ingress, & how these energies will carry through the rest of the summer (or winter, depending on your orientation!) I am very interested and eager to hear your interpretations and input regarding these energies!

June 21st, 2006; 12:26UT (or 5:26am where I am, Seattle WA)

Ahh, that lovely fixed grand cross that we remember from earlier this year and late '05 is back, strong and very focused; but there are many more unusual factors here...

Mars & Saturn at 9/10 Leo, Chiron at 9 Aquarius, Jupiter at 9 Scorpio, and at the moment of the ingress, the Moon at 8 Taurus arriving just in time to complete the grand cross. But there's something more, here, something deeper; can you feel it?

Pluto, the Lord of the Underworld (who, since his last station, has been laced with Cosmic Seeds from the Galactic Center), is pulling subtle strings, aside from the all-enough powerful opposition to the Sun. He's fused into this Grand Cross, with semi-squares to Jupiter and Chiron, and sesquiquadrates to Mars, Saturn, and the Moon; creating a very strange, dynamic point of interchange in this already intense configuration. (check out an 8th harmonic chart!)

On top of that, Venus and Mercury form a Finger of God, pointing at Pluto.

What's going on behind the scenes?

We have another friend in operation; our Rebel and Innovator, Uranus.

He has just stationed a few days prior to this event (the 18th), as well, and these vibrations are still prominent. The day before the station, with the exact triple-conjunction of Mars/Vesta/Saturn (the 17th), they all make a synchronicitous biquintile to Uranus. Venus joins in with a quintile to Uranus on the 20th;, and soon following quintiles to the triple-conjunction.

There are very creative forces coming together this summer.

Squaring the Sun's ingress are the Lunar Nodes, with the North Node at the Aries Point. The nodes move into PISCES/VIRGO on this very same day, ushering our path in a very different direction.

The entire solar system (with the exception of Neptune, no doubt taking us away later on this summer) is held up in this very curious dance pattern, all lined up so deliciously delicate and divinely coordinated. What do you see?

Looking forward to feedback,
-r

C1

-r

Summer SOlstice 2006

Here's a link to 10/28/05 "Astrology Q & A" by Eric Francis re: FIXED
GRAND CROSS, for starters...

The last time we had a grand fixed cross on this scale was in the summer of 1999, for the grand cross-total solar eclipse of August 11. This was a monumental turning point in that it ushered in an era in history that to most was unforeseen; the very next year we experienced the stolen election -- and so on and so on and so on.

For many, this was a time of profound personal change, development, and acceleration of growth....I'd like to offer a few quotations from Alice A. Bailey's book Esoteric Astrology on the subject of the Fixed Cross. Whenever you get into a discussion of one of the three crosses -- cardinal, fixed or mutable -- Esoteric Astrology is the place to go; this is one of the specialties covered by this book.

Basically, the idea I get from looking over her comments is that the fixed cross is the process where the density of personality is lightened into the awareness of the soul.

Much of one's experience of the cross depends on one's stage of growth. But many of us are having the kind of experience where, paraphrasing the Course in Miracles a bit, what matters, matters and what does not does not. But this whole process is intuitive rather than literal; it's a way of transposing experience such as events or experiences that may have produced a dense, difficult reaction in the past now are approached from a more loving, more aware and less polarized frame of mind.

"Substance, the ocean of life, water, the symbol of desire and the impulse to incarnate are transmuted into soul light substance and the urge to tread consciously the path of return, plus the longing to serve," she says of this cross. Referring to the Taurus-Scorpio polarity, where much of this activity occurs, she says, "The personality is humbled and brought to grips with the soul."

Or, as my old teacher Alan Cohen has said, "The ego makes a great [servant] and a terrible master."

So, that's a little bit of esoteric wisdom on the Fixed Cross."

I hear you, Maverick, and thank you for launching this thread...

Just another Pluto-in-Leo,

maverick

Interesting you mention Eric Francis; I ended up at his site right after I wrote that post, reading his thoughts on the upcoming Solstice :D

C1

Maverick,
No, it doesn't surprise me that Eric F's
writings are read by interested astrologers!
IMHO he has a wealth of insight.
C1

Theo

Banned
Excellent post Maverick.

My own take on the coming Summer Solstice event is more along the lines of presages for the coming 18-19 months (and beyond in some global areas) as we enter into the new lunar nodal "era" of the Dragon's Head in Pisces, and the Dragon's Tail in Virgo from 22 June 2006 to 18 December 2007.

The strong Sun at 0-Cancer and Earth at 0-Capricorn on 21 June squares the Lunar Nodes presages an intense, and short summer season - while also announcing the end of the last era (Dec. 2004) and the coming new 18-19 month nodal era.

Within this stage we find the fixed cross positions of Mars-Jupiter-Saturn-Chiron with Uranus and Neptune playing maverick roles. (Excuse the pun.)

The Yod from Mercury-Venus to Pluto signals many events that transcend on all levels throughout the world - personal, societal, cultural, and global.

On the personal level - those affected will see old situations coming to an end, and have to prepare toward transitions into new ones. Relationships that have served out their functions are now seeing people moving on. This is happening on the professional level as well, i.e., people changing vocations, careers, or positions, and moving into new ones, new jobs, new homes, etc. Students moving on to new schools, the roles within families maturing, people are ready to move on towards new things. It has been building for about two months leading to the nodal slide towards Pisces/Virgo, and will peak from June to September 2006 before the new situations are fully accepted, and people begin settling in to the new nodal era - the change to mutable quality function - North Node in Pisces and South Node in Virgo.

The problem this summer is the Mars-Saturn conjunction, and the Mars transit over the transiting Southern Lunar Node in Virgo (end of August, early September 2006.) These are violent summer transits, and the June 21 solstice marks this with the Mars/Vesta/Saturn conjunction.

It is important for those involved or witnessing personal relationships that could become violent to be keenly observant of the emotions of others, and negative situations in order to help prevent violent reactions by mid-to-late August, and especially the first ten days of September 2006. Mars touching the Dragon's Tail (South Lunar Node in Virgo) presages sad events that could involve deaths that could've been prevented with slight and simple assistance to others, such as helping a friend out, or having them not be where they should not. Helping people to avoid situations like these means pre-acting prior to transits such as the coming Mars transit to the transiting South Lunar Node.

Try to accentuate the "positive" early and repeatedly, so those who are fixed in thought/action (Mars/Saturn in Leo, Chiron/Aquarius, Jupiter/Scorpio) are able to ease themselves out of fixed, and mostly negative positions/views towards the the Lunar North Node in Pisces, where Jupiter (judgement/common sense, knowledge, justice and peace) allows the person (s) in trouble to see and experience this alternative route. Doing so greatly helps to sidestep the malefic Mars conjunction over the transiting South Lunar Node in late August and early September.

Mars, now "fixed" in tropical Leo, marks this presage with its conjunction to Vesta/Saturn on Solstice Day. This indicates the Mars energy throughout summer in the northern hemisphere. The strong violent energies here become displaced by the time Mars enters Virgo (23 July) and during its transit there through August, begins to conjoin the South Lunar Node at 25-Virgo at the end of August, and beginning of September. These are dangerous transits and should be noted ahead of time, and prepared for generally.

Fights, jealousies, and frustrations (refusal to accept closings of relationships through stubborness, possessiveness, headstrong, closed views, over-emotionalism, hot-headed impulsive actions) are common this summer. It is wise to note the emotional stabilities of others, and to calm situations down early. Many situations can get out of hand and some will erupt into violence this summer, especially at the end of August, into September.

Mars, especially in Virgo, is hard on the South Lunar Node in Virgo (ruled by Mercury) and can be highly stressful, nervous, and detail-oriented. This would be over over-emotional males who can become violent due to the harshness of what they would preceive as hostile, and picky communication (Virgo/Mercury). Mars in Virgo is noted for using weapons, guns especially, poor judgement around firearms, explosives, powerful firecrackers, etc. It would be wise to avoid and discourage use of these types of things during the entire Mars transit through Virgo (22-23 July to 10-11 September 2006).

What is also playing a strong role is Saturn and Neptune. In August 2006, they begin a year-long opposition from Leo to Aquarius. This is a malefic transit and does not bode well for the above-mentioned Mars contact with the South Lunar Node. Saturn-Neptune oppositions heightens problems in personal relationships, confusions, emotional depressive energies, painful memories, irrational fears, lack of trust, and poor attitudes, and sometimes neurosis. A nasty, and deceptive transit, it lasts for about one year - August 2006 to August 2007, off and on, overall, before Saturn pushes on, out of orb, and enters tropical Virgo in September 2007.

The best way to handle this Saturn-Neptune opposition is with Clarity. Try to avoid people who constantly blame others, and guard against depression, feeling down, and sticking too much to past situations, and relationships that have completed themselves. Using the coming change of lunar mode through Pisces can easily solve, and thus, resolve problems. Because Uranus has been transiting in tropical Pisces, look for the solutions to be "creative" and "alternative." However, for many, this will work well.

Those who fail to apply the North Node's transit here with fall strongly into the Saturn-Neptune square, which is touched off an on by Jupiter's square from tropical Scorpio. Time will be wasted on excessive brooding, drug use, oversleeping, and generally wasting transits worrying about matters that should have been transcended. Avoid people who seek to undermine one's movement forward.

There are also several ways to deal effectively with the events of late August and September 2006: One, is to note the activities of people who show the transit stress associated with things such as drugs, gambling, excessive and negative social behaviors, and stubborness through the summer months of June, July, to the days of August 11,12,13, and August 13 to 20, when Mars opposes a retrograde Uranus in Pisces. By that time, any forthcoming situation involving Mars within relationships, can be presaged as having a positive or negative outcome. The mutable "release" of negative energies will arrive at the end of August, and from September 1 to September 10.

Critical days are September 7-10 as Venus enters Virgo (Sept. 7) and Mars moves to southern declination September 10 in tropical Libra. Mercury follows to southern declination on Septembe 13. This is the end of summer in the northern hemisphere. Autumn arrives early this year, and so does winter.

Treating mid-August as the "end of summer" could help to disfuse many situations. Ending a vacation in mid-August, rather than late August, and taking the time to work quietly during the first 10 days of September, rather than participate in public events (where tempers are hot) and avoiding unstable, over-emotional people - is helpful.

Moreover, for that solstice date of June 21 - the Part of Fortune at 11-12 Leo (in sunrise charts) is most helpful and presages the ability to change negative, and violent events signalled by the Mars' transit, particularly, as stated, at the end of the month of August, and the first 10 days of September.

Personal relationships are highlighted overall as the nodes change quality from Aries (Mars) and Libra (Venus) to that of Pisces (Jupiter, Neptune) and Virgo (Mercury).

The positive change of the North Lunar Node to Pisces will be colored by the influence of Uranus, already transiting there. A unique time exists from June 2006 to December 2007 that, if used, and applied well, can help a person (s) throughout the hard years of the decade of the 2010s. The four years that remains until the start of the 2010s should be applied towards savings, economically, improving family situations, relationships, careers, and applying positive actions with new creative ideas.

The first seven-and-one-half years of the 2010s are difficult, and indicate economic recession, and depression in some global areas. Preparation between 2006 to 2010 overall can literally save lives, careers, families, etc., by being far-sighted and using the positive transits between now and then to prepare in advance.

Therefore, the Solstice of June 2006 is asking us to use this positive nodal transit through Pisces/Virgo, to look ahead, and to prepare accordingly, not allowing relationships, situations, jobs, etc., that have outlived their purposes to interfere. By making changes earlier, now, rather than in late summer, many situations can be resolved peacefully, with a smooth transition in the new nodal "era" of Pisces/Virgo.

More on this later...

Last edited:

Lorielle

Very interesting post, Theo... This is going to be interesting for me, I'm sure of it. It is already being felt... My natal nodes are North Node = 6 Virgo, S Node = 6 Pisces.

Lapis

Metonic Cycle-Node Cycle-Mayan Calendar @ Summer Solstice 2006

This is from Appendix C of B.H. Clow's The Pleiadian Agenda where she lists short interpretations of these 18 month nodal cycles. She used the end of the Mayan Calendar date, 12-21-2012, started with where the nodes are then (25 Scorpio 37') and went back one full Metonic Cycle (18.4 years) to the same point and created this Chart with her intuitive readings of each period. At any rate, here's the next cycle starting right after the upcoming Summer Solstice 2006.

"NINTH HOUSE (June 23, 2006 to December 19, 2007) PISCES: How do I feel about being a great being and a partner in the rebirthing of Gaia? How can I express these melting feelings of love about my new world?"

"Now you see that you have made it, more and more you are amazed by what you have become. You are a being of spiritual magnificence and planetary confidence that no one - including you - imagined was possible during the terrible days of darkness before 2001. You delight in yourself. Like a fresh flower in the dew, your spine is pushing through the soil, and you are really alive! As if you've awakened from amnesia after a terrible battle, you know you are alive and will grow. What is amazing about this realization is that you also know that you won't die again. Gone is the sense of "do it now," and it is replaced by absolute wonder. You just sit in the forest and watch tree seedlings coming up and flowers blossoming. You see that the tree seedling would not grow, the flower would not blossom, unless you were there watching them; growth requires your love. As I look at this process, seeing Earth in hyperspace, growth is not solar during this phase, and the planet regenerates according only to consciousness."

Interesting indication about the next 18 month nodal cycle (Pisces/Virgo) and how we are becoming "conscious co-creators of reality".

maverick

Yes! thank you for bringing that to light, Theo, I hadn't thought about that before; that this is also (and maybe more 'importantly') the ingress chart for the nodal visitation of Pisces/Virgo. May we all discover how truly unified we really are!

Aura

The Summer Solstice degree is one that is very close to my heart, since it is the home of my Moon (0 Cancer and at the most extreme Declination - thus exactly at the Summer Solstice degree).

These early degrees of Cancer (also opposing Pluto) get a very thorough workout for the rest of the year and into next year. First by this years Cancer New Moon, then 3 times by the next Retrograde of Mercury (who enters the shadow at 2' Cancer). Then in the fall/winter Mars Retrogrades across these same degrees 3 times. This impacts the USA, President Bush and Tom Cruise, among other things. I will be posting a thorough forcast on this at my Astrology Blog.

But this is an extremely passionate and intense degree, so don't expect anyone to keep a cool head during the transits. The Solstice Degrees - Summer and Winter are at the greatest extremes of emotion and experience. The Winter Solstice is masculine and extremely cold. The Summer Solstice is feminine and very hot. There is no such thing as moderation in either one of them.

Namaste-
Aura
Astrolger
Weekly Horoscope

Last edited: