Borderline Personality Disorder

drambling

This was discussed in some other threads, but I thought I'd start a new one...

If you are BPD or know anyone with BPD, can you post their charts?

I have BPD and I'm also wondering if there's anything in my chart that would represent that...

This is my chart:
astro_w2gw_01_danielle_hp.68074.28798.gif

Thanks.

Nexus7

Drambling

You have a lot of water/fire in your chart, which may be somewhat dramatic in its emotional expression and style. There things are always going to need some lind of a creative outlet, along with the opportunity to really bond with other people on an emoionally meaningful level.

I would not have automatically assumed you might have BPD from looking at your chart, or 'have' anything for that matter. I do see challenges presented by your birthchart that may need to be worked through so that you can express some of the more potentially volatile energies in your chart, at more integrated levels. Perhaps currently, there is a lot of anxiety around you because of unsettling experiences to date, that may make it difficult for you to contain strong feelings.

I see, for example, you have a Saturn/Uranus on the Midheaven square a 1st-House Mars. This might mean that there has been some kind of an early loss, along with early exposure to angry and highly unpredictable behaviour, from a significant care-giver - you may likewise, now find it difficult to handle anger and frustration yourself - visibly, possibly, because of your 1st-House Mars. Then, you have Moon square Pluto, which may again denote early experiences of loss of significant caregivers, which may be something that has left its mark with you now.

Moon square Pluto may denote someone who struggles a great deal with extremes of emotion, once these are triggered. Somehow, there may be the need to get more of a sense that you can survive, even through perceived loss of significant others.

Finally I see that Neptune your chart ruler, opposes Mercury, so there could be an element of escapism in how you interpret the world.

Have you read Donna Cunningham's book, Healing Pluto Problems? I believe it discusses issues such as these, as well as suggesting flower remedies that may help you with developing more of an emotional equilibrium.

Just suggestions.

Last edited:

Derestanne

I might add that you have Mars Square Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Chiron and your Midheaven. That is a lot of squares for one planet - and a very important one at that! And on top of this, your Mars is in your first house at 0 degrees Aries where it is directly influencing your personality type.

In case you didn't know, Mars governs your impulses or motivations to take action. Mars is the "doing" planet in any Chart. And your Mars is also in a Cardinal Modality, which means that you are often motivated by crisis situations and you have a tendency to attract crisis situations and to willfully seek them out. If we are talking about a "obsessive - compulsive" behavior scenario, this Mars of yours says "bring it on"! I conclude that you need to get a handle on your personal Mars because it is probably your greatest challenge - a real handful!

Because you have no planets at all in your 6th House of Health I am disinclined to think that you have a medical condition. Please remember that Astrologers are not the last word in any health related matter.

Matthew The Astrologer

Given that BPD can usually be traced to one or more childhood incidents, and that the Sun-Saturn quincunx would have been exact (by secondary progression) around the age of 5-6... can you trace the origins of your BPD to that time... with the situation exacerbated around the age of 16 (2P Sun opp. Neptune)?

Veronica

Blaschke on his book " Astrology A Language of Life, Volume IV Relationship Analysis makes
a worthy reference to the shadow content found in the psychic houses 4th,8th,12 as far as affecting a person emotionally when they are challeging aspects from pluto to the luminaries. He goes on about brutal aspects such as opposition from pluto to the sun moon and other hard aspects such as the square and quinqunx can leave emotional scars... I personally wouldn't go as far as to diagnose a mental condition but the author clearly gives examples of deep emotional wounds, possibly resulting in PTSD or Borderline Personality Disorder.

smilingsteph

Veronica-
Can you give a little more insight about post-traumatic stress disorder? Is the author saying that these two disorders go together along with BPD?

Veronica

Veronica-
Can you give a little more insight about post-traumatic stress disorder? Is the author saying that these two disorders go together along with BPD?

Blashcke, states in his book, that the luminaries in challeging aspects to pluto can can produce childhood trauma of the most severe kind, such as repeated beatings,ritualistic abuse, evil & perverted religious ceremonies, or sexual molestation containing domination and submission themes.

These souls reach adulthood, with surprinsingly behavioral funtionality having had to develop survival instincts @ a very young age. Yet a deep scarring can be found with these aspects, such as post traumatic stress disorder or Boderline Personality disorder, With the solar aspects, it is as if the ego is demolished during childhood and must regenerate itself into adulthood .

I don't think he meant, that both disorders go together, I guess he meant one or the other situation, that would also depend on the houses where these aspects are coming from, and how ruthless the situation was back @ home.

Vista

That looks quite exagerating, to say the least. :smile:

Well, he said "it can" produce these childhood traumas, not necessarily always produce these outcomes, though I do think Pluto in hard aspect to the luminaries does point to some sort of childhood trauma related to those subjects stated by Blashcke. At any rate, all of the charts I have studied both in clients and friend/family, the people who have this/these aspects natally have suffered some kind of trauma in their childhood. Some were worse than others…

Veronica

That looks quite exagerating, to say the least. :smile:

I have sun opposite pluto natally from a personal experience, I dont recall being abused or molested, as a child although Iam certain mostly everyone here must have had a painful experience as a child, it part of live, perhaps others have so more intense. I believe that even from the harshest aspects, something positive can come out & if a situation doesn't kill you it just makes you stronger.

Veronica

I also have one of those aspects and my childhood was normal. Also, I think lots of people have one of these aspects and there are not so many people who have suffered those extreme treatments related there.

Depending on the generation, Pluto will be squaring or making an opposition with lots of the people born under the Signs. For instance, many of the Virgo and Pisces children now will have a square to Pluto, and many Gemini an opposition.

I am not saying that Pluto aspects are not important, but that description in that book looks just incredible to me. :smile:

And a problem I see with those books is when we start wondering if we were molested just because we read it in a book.... I've had that impression sometimes reading people with some of those aspects.

I've read other books, that sort of make references to some sort of abuse
or powertrip going on with sun/pluto aspects but as far as sort diagnosing a disorder perhaps that was a bit, too bold from part of the author.