Sabian Symbols and Numerology

Arian Maverick

This thread was created with the intention of exploring Radu's exciting new find on the Chain Symbols Board without diverting from the main conversation. I shall copy his post here to avoid confusion:

Edit: my post refers to AquMav's symbol...

[Holly and mistletoe bring christmas spirit to a home.
4º Gemini ]

This one is for me actually.

I read a few days ago on Lynda Hill's website about this idea of using the Sabian Symbols in correlation with numerology. (yes, Beth, this a new idea for you, well worth delving into...).
Take one's name, sum up all letters and read the Sabian Symbol associated with that resulted number.

I recently come across this Sabian Symbol using this technique.

Next one please: An electrical storm - Taurus 2

Radu: If I am not mistaken, I believe that the sum of all the letters in one's birth name is also referred to as their Destiny Number. According to Numerology-Astrology.com, the Destiny number is computed in the following manner:

To arrive at your Destiny number, take each name separately and add up the letter values using the conversion chart below. Reduce each name to a single digit . Then add the results of all of the names to arrive at a total which you then once again reduce to a single digit.

I have used this method several times and have repeatedly arrived at the master number 22, yet if I do not reduce each name seperately as I believe you implied in your post, I come up with 67 (6+7=13, 1+3=4). Altough I understand that astrology and numerology are two seperate studies, I tend to enjoy haphazardly combining them if only to thoroughly confuse myself. So unless I am otherwise corrected, I will assume for now that this apparent discrepancy is fine.

Now that I have determined my full name to equal 67, do I subtract 30 away from this number twice (thus completing a full round of Aries and Taurus) and come to the Sabian degree of 7 Gemini?

Aquarian Maverick

amzolt

Aquarian Maverick said:
This thread was created with the intention of exploring Radu's exciting new find on the Chain Symbols Board without diverting from the main conversation.
O.K. . . .
You're a "maverick"...
o.k. . . .
I followed you here from the other board and saw all these Sabian symbols being laid down and commented on and the quite mild assertion (who was that?) that the intention was the creation a a new cycle of symbols, then a continuation of discussion of Sabian symbols...
uh...
What are we discussing?

Arian Maverick

O.K. . . .
You're a "maverick"...
o.k. . . .

Yes I am, but I assure you that this new board was created with the intention of reducing misunderstanding due to frequent subject changes, NOT enhancing it :roll:

I followed you here from the other board and saw all these Sabian symbols being laid down and commented on and the quite mild assertion (who was that?) that the intention was the creation a a new cycle of symbols, then a continuation of discussion of Sabian symbols...

I believe that Draco originally intended the Sabian Chain Board to utilize the established Sabian symbols as generated by the Sabian Symbols' Oracle on the main site, yet somehow the conversation deviated and others started including their own original symbols...unless I too have misunderstood. I know that Draco created another board a while back that focused exclusively on the idea of creative zodiac degrees, and I didn't receive the impression that he wished to do so again.

However, this thread was created solely from the idea contained in Radu's latest post, which I have included in the description...I simply wish to discuss how the study of numerology may be combined with Sabian symbols. I hope this clears things up a bit :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

pwadm

Staff member
Aquarian Maverick said:
Now that I have determined my full name to equal 67, do I subtract 30 away from this number twice (thus completing a full round of Aries and Taurus) and come to the Sabian degree of 7 Gemini?

Yes, this is it.

"An old-fashioned well with the purest and coolest of waters" shows that wisdom and nourishment has not diminished over time. There is always a plentiful supply for those who draw on the "Well" with the right attitude and with sincerity. (Lynda Hill, 360 degrees of wisdom, don't forget to put it on your "have to buy" list)

amzolt

Aquarian Maverick said:
However, this thread was created solely from the idea contained in Radu's latest post, which I have included in the description...I simply wish to discuss how the study of numerology may be combined with Sabian symbols. I hope this clears things up a bit :wink:
Aquarian Maverick
Hmmm...
My Mercury is in Pisces . . . :oops:
I must have missed a few turns in the boards . . .
Still . . .
It's all Very interesting . . .

~ Alex

Arian Maverick

Hmmm...
My Mercury is in Pisces . . .
I must have missed a few turns in the boards . . .

No problem, amzolt! I believe the situation was partially my fault as well; my Aries Mercury (and Sun...and Moon...and Venus :D ) impels me to race on ahead without stopping to check if others are keeping up with my (sometimes erratic) train of thought. I am an Aquarian Rising, after all! :wink:

Here's what Sabain References has to say about 7 degrees Gemini...

67__(7°)
AN OLD WELL, FILLED WITH PURE WATER, SHADED BY TREES Deep and mature relationship between man and the basic life-giving reality of his environment. Inner assurance; poise.

___*When positive, the degree is absolute self- reliance and uncompromising faithfulness, and when negative, insensibility and ineptness in all human contact.

I wonder if this method would provide insight into other numerological concepts, such as the total sum of one's birthday as used to determine the Lifepath number...mine comes out to 36, which would translate in 6 degrees Taurus:

36__(6°)
A CANTILEVER BRIDGE IN CONSTRUCTION ACROSS A DEEP CANYON Conquest of difficulties and limitations by intelligence. Directed effort toward solving a problem. Channel-ship.

___*When positive, the degree is the directness and the practical instinct by which personality achieves ultimate benefit of its powers, and when negative, a love of short cuts and every possible escape from the obligations of daily living.

That's something for me to contemplate tonight...

Aquarian Maverick

amzolt

Aquarian Maverick said:
amzolt said:
Hmmm...
My Mercury is in Pisces . . .
...my Aries Mercury...impels me to race on ahead
Aquarian Maverick
Well...
My Mercury in Pisces is at 29.5 degrees . . .
'Nuf said?
Something like a stream of conceptual flow that suddenly (at 6 months old {progressed age}) rushes into uncharted "waters"...

~ Alex

Last edited:

pwadm

Staff member
Aquarian Maverick said:
I wonder if this method would provide insight into other numerological concepts, such as the total sum of one's birthday as used to determine the Lifepath number...mine comes out to 36, which would translate in 6 degrees Taurus
My belief is that wherever one seeks meaning, one will find meaning. (Lynda Hill)

cool :)

Draco

Hi all of you,

What is the Sabian for number 23, this is the sum of my forum name 'Draco', which means dragon, serpent or devil in Latin. I was just curious.

Would it be 22 Aries? It might seems obvious but you wouldn't believe what a dunce I am when it comes to numbers. :?

If it is 22 Aries, then there's my special number 22! I remember being a little suprised that my forum name adds to 23, one above my magick 22, but if this is the correct Sabian, then my 22 is in my name after all at 22 degrees Aries:

22 Aries: A handsome grilled gateway opens to the garden of all desired things. :wink:

Hmm, no wonder my name means 'devil', this would seem to describe great temptation. :twisted:

Amzolt,

I followed you here from the other board and saw all these Sabian symbols being laid down and commented on and the quite mild assertion (who was that?) that the intention was the creation a a new cycle of symbols, then a continuation of discussion of Sabian symbols

LOL. I have caused so much confusion! :? :p

The intention of the 'Chain Symbols' board is to discover the Sabian symbol that someone has left, describe how it relates to you and then leave another randomly generated symbol behind for the next commentator using the AW symbol generator.

The creation of our own AW set of symbols is a separate idea.

I think the confusion arose in that I happened to mention to Lapis, when she drew Pisces 26, that this was the symbol that I had drawn at random, to come up with my own Sabian style symbol for in the 'Creative Degree Symbols' experiment on the AW site. (check it out) I just mentioned the symbolism I had come up with personally for this degree to see how she might relate to it, thats all.

I'm probably being even more confusing now! :?

Did Mercury already go retrograde
Or maybe the New Moon in Pisces - Sabian Symbol: An aviator in the clouds...

An aviator in the clouds.....

This is the symbol for my Ascendant, no wonder I am the source of all this confusion. Lol.

Draco :wink:

Draco

Hey Radu!

Great tool. That was quick!

Making the symbol for 'Draco' actually:

23:'A WOMAN DRESSED IN PASTEL COLOURS CARRYING A VALUABLE BUT HEAVY LOAD'. :?

I much prefered the garden of temptation one.

'Astrology Weekly' - 69: 'A QUIVER FILLED WITH ARROWS'.

Couldn't resist typing in various names and common phrases to see what it came up with. I found these symbols quite interesting:

'War on Terror' - 66: 'WORKMEN DRILLING FOR OIL'. Hmm. :|

'Twin Towers' - 49: 'A NEW CONTINENT RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN'. - a symbol of America.

'Genetic Engineering' - 107: 'THE SEED GROWS INTO KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE'

pwadm

Staff member
Astonishing matches!

War on Terror = War for Oil
Astrology Weekly = Sagittarius rising (me in action)
Genetic Engineering = Knowledge of Seeds of Life

Keep researching !

Like: Princess Diana = A PEACOCK PARADING ON THE TERRACE OF AN OLD CASTLE.

amzolt said:
What are the numerical values for letters that you use in the tool?
And, do you just add the values and reduce the number to "within" 360; i.e., 460 = 100
These are the numerical values of letters:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A B C D E F G H I
J K L M N O P Q R
S T U V W X Y Z

Usually a name will not be bigger than 120.

Draco

Hi Radu,

William Shakespeare - 'A LARGE ARCHAIC VOLUME REVEALS A TRADITIONAL WISDOM'

Terrorism - 'AN (INDIAN) WARRIOR RIDING FIERCELY, HUMAN SCALPS HANGING AT HIS SIDE'

July 18th 1776 (Declaration of Independance) - 'A NEW CONTINENT RISING OUT OF THE OCEAN'

18th April 1912 (sinking of Titanic) - 'A GLASS BOTTOMED BOAT REVEALS UNDER SEA WONDERS'

The Stars - 'THE MUSIC OF THE SPHERES'

Eve - 'A SERPENT COILING NEAR A MAN AND A WOMAN'

amzolt

Radu said:
These are the numerical values of letters:
Are you aware of the attribution of numerical value to letters from the "Tree of Life" via the Tarot? (I'm not gainsaying your formula; just giving more info...)
Radu said:
Usually a name will not be bigger than 120.
If it were bigger than 360, would you use a simple reduction or some other method?

~ Alex

Draco

I suppose so,

If a sentence added to more than 360, then I'd take it back to the beginning, for example - 361, then I would use sabian no. 1 to interpret.