Opposite House Interelationships

HoldOrFold

I got thinking today about how opposite houses are connected and effect eachother and was hoping for some input.

I've got transiting Saturn opposite natal Mercury ruler of the 11th at the moment, and it's noticeably affecting my 5th house affairs. Simply because there's less social opportunity than normal (11th) and as a consequence I'm meeting less of the opposite sex, so my 5th has slowed down as a result as well... even though mercury rules my 11th!

So it got me thinking to the simple facts of life...

The 1st house is your self-image, and this will strongly affect your partnerships. Also your relationships affect your self-image strongly. If you look and feel great about yourself, you're going to attract a 7th house partner easily. A really hot 7th house partner also positively affects your self image (1st).

Your 10th house career could be dependent on your 4th house upbringing and opportunities. Your upward mobility is dependent on the foundations you set yourself, the state of your country and in many places herreditry social class. What's a big status symbol for a successful 10th person? A big house or mansion etc. Keeping up with the Jones and all that, the success filters down to the 4th house.

To have an abundance of 5th house love affairs it obviously helps to have a large 11th house social circle. Have lots of social contacts and spending time with people (11th) will mean that you have a lot more 5th house opportunity.

3rd house communication, thinking... 9th house philosphy, higher education, foreign travel (think languages, communication differences)... easy connection.

So bearing all that in mind, how are the 2nd and 8th connected on the same level. Or especially the 6th and 12th? How to they interrelate with eachother to the same degree? I can't really figure that out. How important do you think it is to look at the opposite house of the house that is being directly affected?

Last edited:

HoldOrFold

Yep, I've got Jupiter in the 5th and it's also ruler of the 5th.

Recently I had Mars and Venus contact my Jupiter and usually when I have transits like that I'm having a lot of fun with people. Usually going out with my friends, meeting new people / women etc.

This time however, nothing of note happened due to my social circle being distant and tied down (sounds a lot like Saturn squaring Mercury ruler of the 11th). Just stayed at home. I felt pretty good for no reason, but no fun, adventure or anything worth writing home about. If my social circle was mobile then I would of had a great time!

HoldOrFold

Also, for the record my Jupiter's at 11 degrees and Mercury's at 27 degrees so Saturn is just squaring Mercury and shouldn't be directly influencing my 5th house by any means.

RaptInReverie

The 8th and 12th houses are highly misunderstood. It will take some reflection to discover the interrelationship between them and their opposite houses.

I've got transiting Saturn opposite natal Mercury ruler of the 11th at the moment, and it's noticeably affecting my 5th house affairs. Simply because there's less social opportunity than normal (11th) and as a consequence I'm meeting less of the opposite sex, so my 5th has slowed down as a result as well... even though mercury rules my 11th!

Saturn is the Lord of Karma and master teacher, but really he's trying to teach us about ourselves. It wants us to be responsible, hard working, dutiful and learn our Lessons properly, so they won't have to keep being repeated. Therefore, is usually suggests things slowing down, delays, limitations and restrictions so we can learn these Lessons.

What Saturn does is 'test' what is of value to you and what is working in your life. It wants structure and hard work. If something isn't working--- it may well end--- so something better can be put in it's place.

So if T Saturn is going through 11th it will weedle out and end a few acquaintenances and friendships. If/when T Saturn goes through 5th it's looking for more serious types and commitment, someone with staying power, not just 'fun and play' types. Most if it depends on the aspects and house cusp rulers. Also if t saturn is opp mercury, would be a good time for study, reading, research as you will want to communicate less but more on an internal level....so all depends on how mercury is aspected natally as to how you will react to the transit..