The Sabian Symbols' Oracle - Questions and Answers

Arian Maverick

I was just browsing through the astrology folder on my computer and discovered an interesting file I had long since neglected, in which I recorded different questions I asked of the Sabian Symbols' Oracle and the answers I received. I am amazed at the insight this deceivingly simple tool often provides...here are some of my own questions and answers:

1. What is my purpose in this lifetime?

51__(21°)
MOVING FINGER POINTS TO SIGNIFICANT PASSAGES IN A BOOK Symbol of spiritual discrimination, of capacity for getting to the heart of any matter. Good memory. Perspicacity.
___*When positive, the degree is a sensitiveness to the enduring significance of each special complex in human affairs, and when negative, a loss of integrity through blind obedience to others and a tendency to do things by rote.

2. Who am I?

149__(29°)
MERMAID AWAITS PRINCE WHO WILL MAKE HER IMMORTAL Pure longing for a new order of selfhood. Critical point in "emergent evolution." Perspective; or a sense of incompetence.
___*When positive, the degree is a completeness of quickening to inner instincts of the being and a real willingness to trust them, and when negative, a lack of discrimination and an awkward insensitivity.

3. Who will I become?

347__(17°)
EASTER:RICH AND POOR ALIKE DISPLAY THE BEST THEY OWN A symbol of "high moments" in life, when man challenges himself and renews his faith in circumstances. Self-improvement.
___*When positive, the degree is tireless self- refinement in an effective inspiration of others, and when negative, a craving for attention.

4. Why do I have such a difficult time writing essays? (3/30/2006)

7__(7°)
A MAN EXPRESSES HIMSELF AT ONCE IN TWO REALMS Conscious duality by which man first really differentiates himself from the animals. Versatility in work. Self-expansion.
___*When positive, the degree is unlimited versatility and a special gift for divorcing the things of issue from whatever lacks immediate pertinence, and when negative, a tendency to defeat all self-competence in an unintelligent scattering of interest.

5. Why am I so frustrated lately?

110__(20°)
A GROUP OF SERENADERS MAKE MERRY IN A VENETIAN GONDOLA Exaltation of social intercourse in the traditional manner. Sentimental clinging to old life-ideals. The will to romance.
___*When positive, the degree is a perfecting of those personal traits and inclinations which bring an enduring satisfaction to every immediate situation, and when negative, a retreat of self from all worth-while reality.

6. Who was I in a past life?

223__(13°)
IN AN IMPROVISED LABORATORY AN INVENTOR IN NEAR SUCCESS Driving power toward achievement, as featured in all benefactors of mankind. Self-sufficient activity. Clever outwitting.
___*When positive, the degree is a capacity for accomplishment beyond all normal expectation, and when negative, a superficial dawdling over things to be done and futile dreams of great genius.

7. What is the true nature of Aries?

293__(23°)
A SOLDIER RECEIVES DECOROUSLY TWO AWARDS FOR BRAVERY Reward offered by society for the fulfilling of individual responsibility. Recognition of worth; unearned good fortune.
___*When positive, the degree is the social stewardship which demands a continual self-dedication, and when negative, strutting self-exploitation.

8. How do members of this forum view me?

107__(17°)
THE ARCHETYPAL SOUL BECOMES FILLED WITH LIFE-CONTENTS Gathering of all life values and experiences in the perfectly formed consciousness. Spiritually integrated knowledge.
___*When positive, the degree is a completeness of personal realization and self-consummation in every context of immediate concern, and when negative, an assumption of self-integrity neither appreciated nor possessed.

9. How does this oracle work so well?

208__(28°)
A MAN IN DEEP GLOOM. UNNOTICED, ANGELS COME TO HIS HELP Spiritual sustainment given to him who opens himself to his full destiny. Slow realizations of betterment. Unsolicited help.
___*When positive, the degree is a complete spiritual fellowship with human kind, and when negative, self-stultification through wishful thinking.

10. What is the true intent of astrology?

118__(28°)
INDIAN GIRL INTRODUCES COLLEGE BOY-FRIEND TO HER TRIBE The human soul as intercessor between primordial natural forces and the intellectual order. Self-integration. Linkage.
___*When positive, the degree is high skill in bringing older or neglected reality to the service of fresher and more vital self-fulfillments, and when negative, an inability to make personal adjustments and a stupid exaltation of conservatism.

11. What is my role on the forums?

179__(29°)
ARCHAIC MS. DISCLOSES TO SCHOLAR THE OLD MYSTERIES The understanding which is built on patient steady work and persisting aspiration. Fecundative power of ancient wisdom.
___*When positive, the degree is imagination brought to the full of its power through conscious effort, and when negative, loss of common sense in pure supposition.

Please feel free to add to this list! :D

Arian Maverick

Laura Elizabeth

Who am I?

268__(28°)
ANCIENT BRIDGE WITNESSES TO THE SKILL OF FORGOTTEN MEN Enduring elements in understanding as symbols of the community invisible of man, dead and living. Steady coordination.
___*When positive, the degree is an individual genius for fitting all needs and ideals into the universal patterns, and when negative, total lack of initiative.

Why am I here?

57__(27°)
A WITHERED OLD SQUAW, SMILING BRIGHTLY, SELLS TRINKETS Dignified offering of fruits of wisdom to exuberant youth. Patient understanding of destiny; or else meddlesomeness.
___*When positive, the degree is creative aplomb or the ability of humankind to dramatize itself effectively in even the least of situations, and when negative, a retreat within and an acceptance of the sterilities of life as the manifestation of selfhood.

What is the meaning of it all?

5__(5°)
A WHITE TRIANGLE,WITH GOLDEN WINGS ON ITS UPPER SIDES Evolution of values in the sphere of inward self, but at a stage not yet substantiated. Eagerness for a spiritual goal.
___*When positive, the degree is the creative transformation of everything into an expression of enduring idea and a reflection of the real vision ahead, and when negative, blissful obliviousness to all normal or everyday considerations.

answers from http://360sequations.tripod.com/sequations/id13.html

The questions stem from a song by Meatloaf, Everything Louder Than Everything Else:

" Who am I? Why am I here?
Forget the questions, someone gimme another beer
What's the meaning of life, what's the meaning of it all?
You gotta learn to dance before you learn to crawl
You gotta learn to dance before you learn to crawl"

lyrics: http://www.sing365.com/music/Lyric....cs-Meat-Loaf/2CF351854178032248256BDD002FA86C

" And I ain't in it for the power,
And I ain't in it for my health
I ain't in it for the glory of anything at all
And I sure ain't in it for the wealth
But I'm in it till it's over and I just can't stop
If you wanna get it done,
You gotta fight for yourself"

Arian Maverick

I have some more questions and answers I'd like to share...

1. Why did Radu choose me to be forum moderator?

125__(5°)
SUGGESTING FIGURES,GRANITE MASSES OVERHANG A CANYON Permanence of basic elements in nature underneath temporary changes and emphases.Endurance. Steadiness of self-knowledge.

___*When positive, the degree is man's genius for initial aplomb and ultimate competency in the face of all danger, and when negative, pure bullheadedness.

2. Why did I choose for this day to be my birthday?

73__(13°)
WORLD-FAMOUS PIANIST BEGINS TO PLAY TO A HUGE AUDIENCE Extreme exaltation of social standing. Reaching of climax in selfhood. Ghastly sense of emptiness at the end of the quest.

___*When positive, the degree is the creative assurance which contributes enduring overtones to human understanding, and when negative, self- defeat through a delight in momentary attention or superficial adulation.

3. Why do I have a nine life path?

66__(6°)
NIGHT WORKMEN DRILL FOR OIL AMIDST NOISE AND CONFUSION Exaggerated activity in pursuit of material wealth. Capacity to drive oneself in view of future and speculative gains.

___*When positive, the degree is achievement through an exceptional concentration or specialization of effort, and when negative, long-range or foolish gambling and ill-considered self exploitation.

4. What message would you like to reveal to me on my birthday?

115__(25°)
LEADER OF MEN WRAPPED IN AN INVISIBLE MANTLE OF POWER Support of unconscious elements in every fearless and positive stand of the ego. Restoration of strength; or self-discovery.

___*When positive, the degree is some dramatic manifestation of genius vital to the general welfare of man, and when negative, a tendency to unwarranted presumption if not outright megalomania.

Arian Maverick

EvilPixyScorp

Hmm.....Heres some of mine....
YaY Congrats on the new gig Mavrick!!! :)

What was I in my last past life?

THE POPE BLESSING THE FAITHFUL (29 Sag- My Neptune degree)
Someone will dispense rewards upon those people who are eager to receive from them. This Symbol often shows a spokesperson who will be heard by everyone. Recognizing the source of enormous inner riches. Show respect and reverence to others, as this will lead to rewards of their own. This can show someone having a powerful memory; they can remember the faces and names of huge numbers of people.
The Caution: Sublimating political ritual. Lust for power.

Whoa!! I do feel like I've already met everyone, like "Geez I've done this all before, can't I just finish being in human form already?"

Leads to this question....

What does the Universe want to accomplish?

A BUTTERFLY PRESERVED AND MADE PERFECT WITH A DART THROUGH IT
Beauty in shape or form has been frozen in one moment, denying the natural process of decay. An archetypal death is symbolized, perfection through sacrifice. As inspiring as this process can be, this can bring difficulties in moving on or changing the situation.
Perfection and beauty made immortal. Moments frozen in time. External beauty that's lacking animation. The "handiwork" of creation on display.

Why do I dislike my family so much?

PHEASANTS DISPLAY THEIR BRILLIANT COLORS ON A PRIVATE ESTATE

This pictures a situation of the enjoyment of life's luxuries. Going after one's life goals. Riches, refinement and abundance are everywhere - but just take care, pheasants can be game birds too so there just may be an element of underlying danger. Who does the work and who appreciates the luxury? Whether you're a visitor or an occupant, going out and looking at the beauty of the place, the plants and the wildlife can heighten your day.
Luxury. Displays of wealth
The Caution: Foolish disregard of pending danger and a feeling that one has to be 'on parade' or else they will be overlooked.

Draco

Hi all,

Fascinating idea!

Okay, so personally I don't like to use the Sabain's when interpreting a chart, but I do think that they make a very interesting oracle.

I imagine you must all have the Linda Goodman book, which is where you are getting the 'when positive...', 'when negative...' interpretations from. Either that or you are using a different site to me. In any case here are the symbols I generated with the site I'm using, (I was looking for the site that gives interpretations on the symbol, to no success).

Q: How am I most likely to die?

A: AN AUTOMOBILE WRECKED BY A TRAIN. (Cancer 05) :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Violently I suppose.

Q: How am I viewed by others on the forum?

A: A CHILD GIVING BIRDS A DRINK AT A FOUNTAIN. (Libra 22)

Q: What is my role on the forum?

AN INDIAN CHIEF DEMANDING RECOGNITION. (Capricorn 1) :?

Q: What is the nature of the karmic connection which binds this community together?

A: AN UNSEALED LETTER. (Leo 30)

Q: Why did the powers that be wish for me to become an astrologer?

A: A CROSS LYING ON ROCKS. (Pisces 07)

Q: How is this community set to evolve?

A: HOLLY AND MISTLETOE (Gemini 4) :? err.......I don't get this one.

Q: I really don't fancy going to the cinema tonight to watch Basic Instinct 2, what could I suggest as an alternative?

A: A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY (Libra 24)

Now I really don't get this one!

Draco :wink:

EvilPixyScorp

Haha Draco...BI 2 is such a hack job movie!!

Maybe you should stay in & rent something spiritual themed, like Narnia DVD.
Right wing is about the intuitive side of the brain, lots of symbolic characters in that one....And it says "3", like the holy trinity.
No dragons in it though..hehe

I think the Holly/Mistletoe...Hmm...Maybe posters are all going to plan a happy get together, a party to meet in person...Would be hard with alot of posters in other countries...still interesting idea....

Oracle at www.najaramah.com/oracle.htm

What career would make me happy?
CAREFREE CHILDREN SKATING ON ICE

Laura Elizabeth

Draco said:
Hi all,

Fascinating idea!

Okay, so personally I don't like to use the Sabain's when interpreting a chart, but I do think that they make a very interesting oracle.

I imagine you must all have the Linda Goodman book, which is where you are getting the 'when positive...', 'when negative...' interpretations from. Either that or you are using a different site to me. In any case here are the symbols I generated with the site I'm using, (I was looking for the site that gives interpretations on the symbol, to no success).

Q: How am I most likely to die?

A: AN AUTOMOBILE WRECKED BY A TRAIN. (Cancer 05) :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

Violently I suppose.

Q: How am I viewed by others on the forum?

A: A CHILD GIVING BIRDS A DRINK AT A FOUNTAIN. (Libra 22)

Q: What is my role on the forum?

AN INDIAN CHIEF DEMANDING RECOGNITION. (Capricorn 1) :?

Q: What is the nature of the karmic connection which binds this community together?

A: AN UNSEALED LETTER. (Leo 30)

Q: Why did the powers that be wish for me to become an astrologer?

A: A CROSS LYING ON ROCKS. (Pisces 07)

Q: How is this community set to evolve?

A: HOLLY AND MISTLETOE (Gemini 4) :? err.......I don't get this one.

Q: I really don't fancy going to the cinema tonight to watch Basic Instinct 2, what could I suggest as an alternative?

A: A THIRD WING ON THE LEFT SIDE OF A BUTTERFLY (Libra 24)

Now I really don't get this one!

Holly & Mistletoe ~ see http://www.sabian.org/holly.htm

THEME: The Magic of Anticipation. This symbol speaks to the role that preparation plays in stimulating a change of mood or attitude and in calling forth a heightened anticipation of the joy to be found in the special celebrations of every culture. The image of holly and mistletoe stresses the traditions of Christmas and the inspirational effect of decorating or stage setting. The holly, with its green leaves and red berries, reflects a passion for new life and fresh beginnings. The sprigs of mistletoe symbolize romance and the immortal values that society preserves in its rituals. The emphasis here is on the special opportunities for spiritual self-renewal and time to share with friends and family. Positive: At its highest, this symbol represents a special talent for adding plussage to the lives of others by transforming even the most ordinary events into delightful occasions. Negative: Loss of touch with meaning and significance through an overconcern with details.

TODAY: The accent is on celebration. You may feel especially inspired as you look forward to some traditional gathering of friends or family.

:D

Happy Birthday Arian Maverick

EvilPixyScorp

Why am I seeing faces & shadow people at this time?

PISCES 12
AN EXAMINATION OF INITIATES IN THE SANCTUARY OF AN OCCULT BROTHERHOOD

You may find that you are being judged by those above you. It is difficult to see what their qualifications to judge you are, but this is the nature of progression through the ranks.
People being critical of one another can lead to better behavior, better performances or the like, or it can lead to one feeling judged, violated and intruded upon.
It can seem like our lives are like lessons, and we are periodically 'examined' to see how we are doing on our path.
The ordeal that comes to any initiate for entrance into higher realms of being. Tests and trials.
The Caution: Refusing advice. Arrogance. People saying 'I told you so'. People invading other's space. People assuming they know the truth about someone.

Whoa that *is* interesting! I'm being observed now?
lol I better behave :)

sam

What am I meant to do?

A RADICAL MAGAZINE, ASKING FOR ACTION, DISPLAYS A SENSATIONAL FRONT PAGE.
= Sabian Symbol for 5º Gemini

Am I going in the right direction?

A VIOLENT STORM IN A CANYON FILLED WITH EXPENSIVE HOMES.
= Sabian Symbol for 27º Cancer

What am I becoming?

THE MAGIC CARPET OF ORIENTAL IMAGERY.
= Sabian Symbol for 19º Aries

What was I in my last previous life?

A GROUP OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE OVEREATEN AND ENJOYED IT.
= Sabian Symbol for 15º Cancer (Oh, great :lol:)

Draco

Hi all,

Given that there was another terrorist attack in Egypt last night, It caused me to wonder where the next terrorist attack will take place.

So I asked the oracle.

'Where will the next terrorist attack take place?'

AQUARIUS 2: AN UNEXPECTED THUNDERSTORM.

You may find that you are suddenly tested or taken by surprise. Inner strength and stability will be put to the test but you will learn a lot from the experience. The effect can be quite liberating, after the initial shock. Thunderstorms clear the air after an extreme buildup of energy, and they can often leave us with a sense of awe and wonder at the sometimes extreme power of natural events.

When positive: Sudden visitations of natural wonder. Storms in a tea cup.

When negative: Losing control without warning. Emotional instability. Bottling up and then blowing up.

This symbol is eerily descriptive of a terrorist attack, and just seems to confirm that there is indeed more attacks to come, but that is obvious, and my question was where will this be. The symbol tells us that it will be 'unexpected', so will it occur in a place which has not yet succumbed to an attack, somewhere no-one would expect?

This symbol doesn't give enough to go on, so I asked again:

WHERE will the next terrorist attack take place?:

SAGITTARIUS 5: AN OWL PERCHED HIGH UP IN A TREE:

There may be a need to consult with aged wisdom, either within yourself or from without. The 'wise owl' sees all, seeing what others miss, and keeps very quiet whilst digesting all that's going on. Emulating this behavior will bring a certain solitude, but this may be just what's needed. Can sometimes indicate a degree of insomnia caused by thinking too much at bedtime.

Positive: Wisdom and strength. Evening contemplation. Night owls. Having peripheral vision.

Negative: Smug denial of available wisdom. Not saying anything even when it's needed. Acting like one knows it all.

I wasn't sure what to make of this. Firstly, the fact that the owl is described as perched high up in a tree, then does this show that there will be another attack from the sky, as in September 11th? Or, does the owl in the tree symbolise the nation itself, and so show a nation which is at a high geographic altitude, and known for it's wisdom?

I was caused to wonder if the owl is a symbol of any particular nation? My search was unsuccessful. Can anyone associate owl symbolism with a particular nation?

While searching I found this poem, could it describe the future attack?:

Owl

In the darkest hours of night
The owl hoots bringing fright
Winging down upon its prey
Pounces in predatory display.

Winter days are short and grey
Snow white owl come to stay
Blending in against the white
Or hidden by the coming night.

This is the Owl Moon so near
A time of darkness, and of fear
Shadows lengthen in each life
Terror of the night beats rife.

Ideas anyone?

johan

I don't have an idea Draco,mostly lions,eagles and unicorns are shown by most countries,I think.

But another poem:

There sat an old owl on an oak,
the more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise bird!

Cool or not?

See ya!

EvilPixyScorp

You know the first thing I see in my minds eye, is the Vatican.
Or another castle-type, regal, building...Something of religion/mystical significance, rather than a political place. Tibet?
Looking into this further...

Arian Maverick

Since I have been encountering much difficulty and frustration with my latest project, Our "Astrology Weekly" Natal Charts - Categories, I decided to consult the Sabian Symbols' Oracle for some insight.

311__(11°)
ARTIST, AWAY FROM THE WORLD, RECEIVES A NEW INSPIRATION Creative power in man: its relationship to social behaviour. Self-crystallization in a form of power; or self-exploitation.

___*When positive, the degree is an enthusiastic idealism and a tireless desire to serve others, and when negative, complete self-obsession.

This sabian symbol beautifully reflects what I believe my main inner dilemma to be at this time--frustration of my inability to recreate physical counterparts of the images I so clearly see in my mind's eye. Akin to an artist striving to find the most perfect form of expression of an elusive idea, I too have been attempting to realize my abundant supply of inspiration into some tangible form, and have grown frustrated of my inability to do so.

What a "coincidence" that I should receive this particular sabian symbol... 8)

Arian Maverick

Draco

Hi all,

I am having technical probles with the forum.

Each time I try to end or edit a post, it comes up and says 'DEBUG MODE'.

I realise that none the less it will send my post anyway, but I am unable to edit if I need to.

Also, I can no longer see who has sent the last post on a forum because it won't show me, displaying only the last person since everything messed up.

My question is:

'What is the problem, and is it going to be solved?'

TAURUS 1: A CLEAR MOUNTAIN STREAM FLOWS STEADILY.

You can be fresh and vibrant and revitalized from your spiritual source. Concentrate on the direction you're heading in and don't deviate from it. Perform your tasks with an untainted vitality and you will enrich those around you. Realize that many came before you, and you are a part of their product. There is tradition and strength behind you.
Flowing energy. Refreshment. Sure sense of direction. Remaining fluid.

The Caution: Aimlessness. Feelings of physical, spiritual or intellectual purity that can lead to smugness, bigotry or a false sense of superiority. Being so one-eyed about a goal that other people's needs go unnoticed. Cold and heartless.

Hmm, I suppose, or at least hope, that the problem will right itself.

Arian Maverick

How interesting...inspired by your question, I asked the Sabian Symbols' Oracle what the Universe intends for us to learn through these technical difficulties and also received a degree for Taurus.

44__(14°)
CHILDREN SPLASH IN RECEDING TIDE AMID GROPING SHELLFISH Need for a realization of life's unity in the multiplicity of its forms. Unconscious contact with higher stages of being.

___*When positive, the degree is the integrity of selfhood through its absoluteness of attention to its own business of continuing to be, and when negative, hopeless self-diffusion through unnecessary concern over divergent potentials of experience.

I suppose that this situation will require patience and persistance :wink:

Arian Maverick

Light

Draco

The Owls..

I was just reading that the owls were sacred to athena. Greece perhaps? Athens? The parthenon is on a hill. Is there anything coming up in Greece soon?

hel

Draco

Hi Hel,

The Owls..

I was just reading that the owls were sacred to athena. Greece perhaps? Athens?

Yes. I had thought this too.

Also, were the freemasons not meant to have built the image of an owl's head into Washington DC?

Light

Draco

One symbolism of owls is that they can see straight through into the truth behind - maybe something is clouding perceptions or is deliberately being covered up?

Hey, I found the owls and washington and the illuminati! :wink: Globalconspiracies.com (or something like that - I've lost the link now. :oops: )

I asked what do the owls mean - I got

21 Capricorn A relay race.

"something wicked this way comes", methinks

take care

hel

Arian Maverick

This is a bit odd, but I just asked the Sabian Symbols' Oracle to reveal my true Ascendant and received 27º Pisces - a very realistic estimate within the possible time frame of my birth.

Shocked, I asked a similar quesiton and received a degree for Sagittarius; I then refocused my energies and received 5º Pisces.

What does this mean? :confused:

Arian Maverick