how do you predict death?

SniperBomber328

All the evidence is that EVERYONE who has ever been born shall inevitably at some stage experience the process of death and dying. Obviously, therefore our death is predicted at the moment of birth - because without exception, all those who are born are on their way to their own personal experience of death.

It may be predicted at birth, but to inform someone of "when" that'll happen should remain unspoken. A I have stated, I don't think death can be predicted accurately by astrology (and if some people do manage it, more power to them). Of course this is an opinion again. Nothing set in stone.

JUPITERASC

SniperBomber MaeMae commented
i like to keep it simple.
the moment we are born, our physical death is predicted
so I responded with a few comments and one of the reactions was
The assertion that our death is predicted at the moment of birth flies in the face of evidence
so I then said
All the evidence is that EVERYONE who has ever been born shall inevitably at some stage experience the process of death and dying. Obviously, therefore our death is predicted at the moment of birth - because without exception, all those who are born are on their way to their own personal experience of death.

.....a consistent and vociferous tendency to denigrate the astrological techniques that are the subject of this discussion - furthermore by many who have not even studied these techniques in any depth - is clearly influenced by some form of fear of death that makes such discussions taboo. That taboo is responsible for the general discouragement/mockery of the discussion of these techniques. Thus, anyone requiring any meaningful or useful discussion concerning these techniques is advised to join an esoteric group :smile:
It may be predicted at birth, but to inform someone of "when" that'll happen should remain unspoken.
That's a personal opinion of course... i.e. due to fear, the subject is kept taboo

SniperBomber328

SniperBomber MaeMae commented

so I responded with a few comments and one of the reactions was

so I then said

That's a personal opinion of course... i.e. due to fear, the subject is kept taboo

Well it's not personal fear. I myself do not fear death (but rather the pain associated with it, before one actually dies). But in all respect towards anyones life, death should not be a matter that be treated with carelessness or lack of support to uphold a claim. Which I think (again personaly) astrology cannot do.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Well it's not personal fear. I myself due not fear death (but rather the pain associated with it, before one actually dies). But in all respect towards anyones life, death should not be a matter that be treated with carelessness or lack of support to uphold a claim. Which I think (again personaly) astrology cannot do.
There is a reason for any taboo SniperBomber and obviously an excessive fear of death leads to the taboo of fearing any discussion on the subject of death - HOWEVER as dr. farr has said on more than one occasion :smile:
the only real value for determining critical years is:

1) to the ASTROLOGER...

2) so that the astrologer, without alarming the client, can direct that client to care and caution during WHAT THE ASTROLOGER KNOWS OR SUSPECTS to be, a critical year

waybread

JA, your western taboo theory seems like an article of faith. I have to wonder if you ever attend funerals, have lost dear friends or relatives, considered estate planning (or your parents did so for you), have written your will, discussed news of celebrity deaths (such as Whitney Houston,) lived amongst very elderly people, have ever had tumours removed (or know someone who has), and so on. Death is not a taboo subject.

Moreover, any "death taboo" is irrelevant to the foundational problems of the frequent inaccuracy of death prediction and most astrologers' lack of training in medicine or counseling. Given the world's demographic history and current trends, the planets would simply have to be doing radically different things now than they were prior to the mid-18th century in order for horoscopes to somehow predict that half the people in the US will live well into their 70s.

Well, come to think of it, the discovery of Uranus roughly coincides with the onset of the demographic transition in England ( www.marathon.uwc.edu/geography/demotrans/demtran.htm or wikipedia), but then you don't believe in the influence of outer planets, apparently.

My comments in the quote box in black type.)

But you frequently and categorically assert that you believe that "death prediction" using astrological methods is impossible

I said "if". That's a conditional.

On the contrary, IMO the statement is probably correct

Death clock astrology does not predict that everyone will die! We already know that. Duh-uh. A few astrologers claim to be able to predict the date and manner of death, which is very different.

On the contrary, a consistent and vociferous tendency to denigrate the astrological techniques that are the subject of this discussion - furthermore by many who have not even studied these techniques in any depth - is clearly influenced by some form of fear of death that makes such discussions taboo. That taboo is responsible for the general discouragement/mockery of the discussion of these techniques. Thus, anyone requiring any meaningful or useful discussion concerning these techniques is advised to join an esoteric group :smile:

You have no idea what motivates sensible people to criticize death-clock astrology. To attribute criticism to "fear of death" is a non sequitur, because people who fear death will do so independently of what they think about the 8th house, Vettius Valens, the alcocodon, or astro-determinism-- if anything.

Obviously I have no taboo in talking about death astrology, or I would not have contributed so extensively to this thread.

Personally? My commitment is to reason and common sense. If the Friends of Death Astrology want to start an esoteric group, they should do so.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

so when you wrote:
....I think "death-clock" predictions don't work
You meant something else? :smile:

Obviously, "critical times" are those times when death is a possibility - hence dr. farr's advises as follows:
the only real value for determining critical years is:

1) to the ASTROLOGER...

2) so that the astrologer, without alarming the client, can direct that client to care and caution during WHAT THE ASTROLOGER KNOWS OR SUSPECTS to be, a critical year

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
When you guys mentioned about medical staffs frequent predicting death.

You are right, we often predict death at work, due to our experiences, often very accurate. Not extremely accurate like by hours or minutes, but we usually know such as around this morning, afternoon, evening or overnight.

If you consider ascendant as the first breath of the physical body, how medical staffs predict death is by assess their organs function, such as respiratory funciton. For nurses, we only need to assess oxygen requirement, inspecting the work of breathing and hear the way they "breath" (you don't even need to use stethoscope). That LOUD breathing sound of approaching the end of life, once you heard it you will never forget....when that kind of breathing sound started, you just know death is coming in a matter of few hours; that is the time, nurses started calling patient's family to come in.

A bit side tracking here:

And very true, we see the Pluto at work on chronically ill patients ALL the time...And the TRANSFORMATION to the physical body when a patient approaching death is EXTREME....We often seeing the transformation takes as long as months and weeks or as fast as hour or minutes, the body starting to change in color, shape, texture of the skin, smell of the body etc...the transformation comes with extreme measurements. THAT is Pluto at work in an visible form on a human's body. Don't forget the after death, body also start to decay, eventually we all become dust and dirt.

My teacher, teaches me astrology by reminding me to observe the world around me, he said that is HOW you learn about rulership and planets/sign etc and obviously including my workplace. When things started to build up on a patient (physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually even socially) I can imaging how or what kind of transits approaching or interactions of planets in different signs to this patient and the effects.

Last edited:

waybread

OH, JA-- I just love it when you think you've made a "Gotcha!!" moment by catching me in a contradiction.

As Ronald Reagan put it: "Make my day." No, there is no contradiction in what I wrote. But thanks for re-surfacing some of my earlier points.

Poyi, what sort of work do you do? I can see an ER or IC nurse having a pretty good feel for when a patient is not likely to pull through; and to have some backlog of knowledge as to roughly how long it takes human organs to shut down; and what are the symptoms of the different stages. As well, hospital staff work with a lot of monitors and medical test results.

If you are a RN, no doubt you had to undergo significant training and testing in order to get credentialed.

Even lay people can get a feeling for when the pallor of death and its chill are on a living person; or hear the so-called death-rattle in their voice.

This is very different from an astrologer with little education or counseling skills offering to tell young and healthy people how long they have to live, based on calculations of planetary positions that are often innacurate.

Probably everyone here is familiar with cases in the history of astrology in which famous astrologers made death predictions: and were dead wrong.

JUPITERASC

A bit side tracking here:

And very true, we see the Pluto at work on chronically ill patients ALL the time...And the TRANSFORMATION to the physical body when a patient approaching death is EXTREME....We often seeing the transformation takes as long as months and weeks or as fast as hour or minutes, the body starting to change in color, shape, texture of the skin, smell of the body etc...the transformation comes with extreme measurements. THAT is Pluto at work in an visible form on a human's body. Don't forget the after death, body also start to decay, eventually we all become dust and dirt.

My teacher, teaches me astrology by reminding me to observe the world around me, he said that is HOW you learn about rulership and planets/sign etc and obviously including my workplace. When things started to build up on a patient (physically, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually even socially) I can imaging how or what kind of transits approaching or interactions of planets in different signs to this patient and the effects.
Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions poyi and IMO Medical practitioners and astrologers were predicting death long before the very recent discovery of the tiny dwarf planetoid Pluto. You have placed particular emphasis on the word TRANSFORMATION... remember that our physical, mental and emotional selves along with the entire universe are in a CONTINUAL state of TRANSFORMATION. Obviously tiny dwarf planetoid Pluto cannot be responsible for the TRANSFORMATION of ALL MATERIALS! :smile:

Medical Doctors have observed, and published, how long it takes a healthy body to "Regenerate" or "Grow" - NEW Cells, Organs, Skin, Hair,
"1. Eliminate Old Cell Matter - Old matter is transported, via the bloodstream, to the intestines for elimination with food waste. 2. Create/Grow/Regenerate New Cell Matter

Men and Women have the Same Regeneration Schedule - Published by Medical Doctors and Researchers

120 Days - NEW Red Blood Cells

90 Days - NEW Skeleton
60 Days - NEW Brain Cells, Tissue
49 Days - NEW Bladder
45 Days - NEW Liver - NEW DNA Cell Material
30 Days - NEW Hair - NEW Skin
5 Days - NEW Stomach Lining"

So whether dying or not, we all have a NEW stomach lining EVERY 5 DAYS :smile:
OH, JA-- I just love it when you think you've made a "Gotcha!!" moment by catching me in a contradiction. As Ronald Reagan put it: "Make my day." No, there is no contradiction in what I wrote. But thanks for re-surfacing some of my earlier points.
That's OK. Ronald Reagan was a failed 'B' Movie actor hence the "Make my day" style comments - although one clear talent he displayed was the ability to read a Teleprompter... but the problem was the content of the messages fed to him by that Teleprompter
To say there is no contradiction is one thing... nevertheless the evidence remains...

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
OH, JA-- I just love it when you think you've made a "Gotcha!!" moment by catching me in a contradiction.

As Ronald Reagan put it: "Make my day." No, there is no contradiction in what I wrote. But thanks for re-surfacing some of my earlier points.

Poyi, what sort of work do you do? I can see an ER or IC nurse having a pretty good feel for when a patient is not likely to pull through; and to have some backlog of knowledge as to roughly how long it takes human organs to shut down; and what are the symptoms of the different stages. As well, hospital staff work with a lot of monitors and medical test results.

If you are a RN, no doubt you had to undergo significant training and testing in order to get credentialed.

Even lay people can get a feeling for when the pallor of death and its chill are on a living person; or hear the so-called death-rattle in their voice.

This is very different from an astrologer with little education or counseling skills offering to tell young and healthy people how long they have to live, based on calculations of planetary positions that are often innacurate.

Probably everyone here is familiar with cases in the history of astrology in which famous astrologers made death predictions: and were dead wrong.

Haha, Waybread many people said to me I should be good for ED, ICU or CCU. Managers from those wards had came to me at varies time to ask me to come to work for their units.

Oh well, I am an acute medical nurse. In acute medical ward, patients are those managed to pass the ED line, admit into our ward and there are those critically ill but not fit for advanced treatment. We deal with patients with multiple chronic illnesses (some patients have 3-4 pages of medications to give approximate 30+ at various time), and patients that are not fitting the ICU or CCU "Entry" requirements.... basically waiting to die with chronic issues that CAN'T be fixed.

Many of our patients are 60 years old plus, patients are coming IN and OUT due to exacerbation of chronic illnesses, end stage cancer patients coming in and out of our ward due to neutropenia post chemo cycle or any kind of infection from simple but nasty urinary tract infection to all kinds of sepsis.

We have a good mixed of different patients and some cancer patients are dying so fast that couldn't get to palliative care house....I am sorry to hear you knowing someone going through stage 4 cancer....It is never an easy process. But we can always find something positive about each matter in life. :happy:

To Jupiter:

Of course we are all entitled to our own opinions poyi and IMO Medical practitioners and astrologers were predicting death long before the very recent discovery of the tiny dwarf planetoid Pluto. You have placed particular emphasis on the word TRANSFORMATION... remember that our physical, mental and emotional selves along with the entire universe are in a CONTINUAL state of TRANSFORMATION. Obviously tiny dwarf planetoid Pluto cannot be responsible for the TRANSFORMATION of ALL MATERIALS!
Yes Pluto is only discovered recently but he was there long before us knowing about him! hahaha Who knows how long this little planet existing for?

Anyway, I also do think Pluto can't be the only planet. Which other planet would do this job in your opinion?

I emphasized the word TRANSFORMATION because those changes are so Profound that you just can't miss or ignore. The other thing about Pluto which is to Recycle by rebuilding from broken down raw materials. Yep, I believe that he also functions in our body that way. :biggrin:

Yes this is very very true that in order to Survive/Create we must also die first. One example is when we are still embryos during the formation of our digits. There is a term as "Programmed Cell Death".

These links take about how important and the role of cell death during digits formation in human embryos. :happy:

http://skeletalsystemdev.weebly.com/appendicular-skeleton.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis

In many ways, I see astrology as the union of Science and Art~

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

To Jupiter:
Yes Pluto is only discovered recently but he was there long before us knowing about him! hahaha Who knows how long this little planet existing for?

Anyway, I also do think Pluto can't be the only planet. Which other planet would do this job in your opinion?
IMO poyi the process of TRANSFORMATION is shared by Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn who require no assistance from a distant dwarf planetoid:smile:

Two thousand years ago or thereabouts, ancient astrologers stated the following:

The Sun’s nature is to select

The Moon’s nature is to gather and include

Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize

Venus’ nature is to reconcile and to unify

Mars’ nature is to sever and to separate

Jupiter’s nature is to confirm and stabilize

Saturn’s nature is to reject and exclude

The process of TRANSFORMATION involves destabilization/contest (Mercury), severance/separation (Mars), rejection/exclusion (Saturn), gathering and inclusion (Moon) and at all stages selection (Sun) is required.... thus it is clear IMO that input is required from each of the seven visible planets... not to mention the fixed stars... I'm grateful to ancient astrologer Vettius Valens et al for writing this all and that the writing survived the centuries :smile:
I emphasized the word TRANSFORMATION because those changes are so Profound that you just can't miss or ignore.
Photosynthesis is just one example of the TRANSFORMATIONAL EFFECT OF THE SUN
The other thing about Pluto which is to Recycle by rebuilding from broken down raw materials. Yep, I believe that he also functions in our body that way. :biggrin:
Mars severs and separates (aka breaks down raw materials) while Venus then reconciles and unifies - tiny insignificant dwarf planetoid Pluto is unnecessary IMO :smile:

Yes this is very very true that in order to Survive/Create we must also die first. One example is when we are still embryos during the formation of our digits. There is a term as "Programmed Cell Death".

These links take about how important and the role of cell death during digits formation in human embryos. :happy:

http://skeletalsystemdev.weebly.com/appendicular-skeleton.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apoptosis

In many ways, I see astrology as the union of Science and Art~
astrology is the ancient language of the stars
- aster = star
logos = word :smile:

poyi

Premium Member
IMO poyi the process of TRANSFORMATION is shared by Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn who require no assistance from a distant dwarf planetoid:smile:

Two thousand years ago or thereabouts, ancient astrologers stated the following:

The Sun’s nature is to select

The Moon’s nature is to gather and include

Mercury’s nature is to contest and to destabilize

Venus’ nature is to reconcile and to unify

Mars’ nature is to sever and to separate

Jupiter’s nature is to confirm and stabilize

Saturn’s nature is to reject and exclude

The process of TRANSFORMATION involves destabilization/contest (Mercury), severance/separation (Mars), rejection/exclusion (Saturn), gathering and inclusion (Moon) and at all stages selection (Sun) is required.... thus it is clear IMO that input is required from each of the seven visible planets... not to mention the fixed stars... I'm grateful to ancient astrologer Vettius Valens et al for writing this all and that the writing survived the centuries :smile:

Photosynthesis is just one example of the TRANSFORMATIONAL EFFECT OF THE SUN

Mars severs and separates (aka breaks down raw materials) while Venus then reconciles and unifies - tiny insignificant dwarf planetoid Pluto is unnecessary IMO :smile:

astrology is the ancient language of the stars
- aster = star
logos = word :smile:

NICE~ thank you for the information. My teacher also said, with or without modern outer planets. A good astrologer will still be able to accurately read a native's chart with 7 planets alone!

He gets very cranky when I ask him about Vertex and Chiron etc and he either gives me a big lecture of how bad those non sense confusing people or he will just start cursing at them!!!:biggrin:

He hates New Age particularly. But he also uses outer planets; basically he uses whatever that works with Evidences in his actual practice. And myself, pretty much the same, as long as you gives me the information to proof yourself, I will accept your opinion with opened heart plus a Dance and WOW!

Just remember you gave me information in other threads....oh well....I have many things to read but I will get to those readings!! (I am also studying while working full time....staring at my assignments...)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

NICE~ thank you for the information.
that's ok - there's plenty more food for thought at this link on that particular subject http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43920

plus a Dance and WOW!
Dancing is fun :smile:

Just remember you gave me information in other threads....oh well....I have many things to read but I will get to those readings!! (I am also studying while working full time....staring at my assignments...)
BUT its perhaps better to complete your assignments poyi or Saturn might take you to task on the matter! :smile:

waybread

poyi, it sounds like you know a lot about death first-hand.

My experience has been that Pluto is really important, but more in terms of metaphorical death, rather than actual death. Pluto is the energy of destruction of old, outmoded habits, so that something that no longer supports us can "die" in order to make room for new growth.

JA, you are sooooo literal. I sometimes write in terms of irony or satire. Quoting RR doesn't imply I liked him as president, for Pete's sake!

From the Department of Lighten Up, W.

poyi

Premium Member
poyi, it sounds like you know a lot about death first-hand.

My experience has been that Pluto is really important, but more in terms of metaphorical death, rather than actual death. Pluto is the energy of destruction of old, outmoded habits, so that something that no longer supports us can "die" in order to make room for new growth.

JA, you are sooooo literal. I sometimes write in terms of irony or satire. Quoting RR doesn't imply I liked him as president, for Pete's sake!

From the Department of Lighten Up, W.

Yep, I really do see Pluto as "Recycler"!
I am glad to have first handed experiences. There is no other lessons as real, as in depth about human beings other than actually looking after them and share their feelings.

Rather predicting death is a taboo or not still, that is part of human's life...as I said before learning how to comfort and counsel people is more important.

The other thing if outer planet is not important or being considered by traditional astrologer...I also use Mars as the lord of my natal chart. But how do we describe this extreme, truth seeking, transformation, regeneration naturals of Scorpio sign? I am one of this Scorpions, I accept both Mars and Pluto as ruler of Scorpio sign.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
BUT its perhaps better to complete your assignments poyi or Saturn might take you to task on the matter! :smile:[/QUOTE]

Sigh....Good old Saturn, teacher of discipline....:(

wintersprite1

Premium Member
going through this thread, I thought of a perfect Simpson's Family moment. Excuse the poor quality... I was thrilled it existed out there in Cyberspace. (I tried Star Trek.... but no episode came to mind :tongue:)

I was thinking of Poyi last night and her family. To think of death immediately isn't surprising with the amount you work with daily. At 5 years old, many events are world shattering or at least bumpy. I wonder if it will just be serious issues with starting school and feelings of abandonment? My daughter had Saturn cross her Asc the day her younger brother was born.... Lots of nice Venus stuff, and she still adores him... but OH! the change in her demeanor has stayed with her. You can see she still feels a betrayal that attention was now divided... and that transit Saturn was the beginning of "you are the older one"... In her mind, her perfect world ended.

On president day, Kai wrote this blog on figuring death.... following the example, it isn't accurate and obviously does not take modern technology into account.

TK

MaeMae

Banned
BUT its perhaps better to complete your assignments poyi or Saturn might take you to task on the matter! :smile:

Sigh....Good old Saturn, teacher of discipline....:([/QUOTE]

finally, an astrological reading by jupiter!
i agree.
only fools undertake things they don't finish.
no matter how successful one can become, they will always be a giver-upper in some part of their life.
but red dragon saturn (my interp) is "know what your getting into should merc or uranus take over."
~ pardon diversion

DreamingTheSeas

I have already said that but i will say that again, if we follow the method with Alcoccoden we shall keep in mind that Alco doesn't mean that we will die the certain year but that PROTECTION of Alco ends that year. Maybe is this the reason that we find Alco not working many times.
Also, Ptolemy does not talk for Alcoccoden.

poyi

Premium Member
going through this thread, I thought of a perfect Simpson's Family moment. Excuse the poor quality... I was thrilled it existed out there in Cyberspace. (I tried Star Trek.... but no episode came to mind :tongue:)

I was thinking of Poyi last night and her family. To think of death immediately isn't surprising with the amount you work with daily. At 5 years old, many events are world shattering or at least bumpy. I wonder if it will just be serious issues with starting school and feelings of abandonment? My daughter had Saturn cross her Asc the day her younger brother was born.... Lots of nice Venus stuff, and she still adores him... but OH! the change in her demeanor has stayed with her. You can see she still feels a betrayal that attention was now divided... and that transit Saturn was the beginning of "you are the older one"... In her mind, her perfect world ended.

On president day, Kai wrote this blog on figuring death.... following the example, it isn't accurate and obviously does not take modern technology into account.

TK

You might be right about the change of family event could simply mean a birth of a sibling. In various readings, my nephew should have siblings and my sister will have more than one child....the other problem which is indicators of multiple parents/multiple marriages in their charts.

Anyway, I learned not to worry and get on with life already! Because good and bad things will happen rather you knew or not knew about it. I have no intention to alter fate and no intention of really surrender to fate....It is like....I am happy for whoever/whatever I have in life and I want to learn not to suffer when I loss them. I can't control fate but I can control my mind. Freedom in mind and emotion are far more important. :happy: