Long term distressed financial situation

Brea

I've noticed in her chart that right now there's alot of rough transits between her 10th house ruler mercury, notably to her mid heaven. but being a newbie I dont have the kinds of insight alot of you guys have so any imput on my mothers chart is welcome heres what my Mother's account of her experience is. Being her daughter I have watched her circumstance in awe over the years. It has especially damaged her because work (as you can see in her chart) is very very important to her. Thankfully to whatever transits have activated this in her life she has definitely found transformation and identity outside of work.

Mom- "Hi,

I have been experiencing a total loss for the last 5 solid years. I can't seem to get up out of this and I am a strong, optimistic person that loves challenges. I have lost everything from a house to three cars. I finally said the heck with it and sold everything I own, just so I didnt experience that slow pain anymore. I have relocated and it seems that is not helping my job less situation. I love where I have moved to, it has great energy but I am still struggling something fierce. I would love to know what my chart says, so I can put some understanding with these past 5 years (beginning October/November 2007) and the present one. It has been the toughest time in my life due to the duration, and I have weathered some large storms. I am single and like it that way at this time but need to identify the problem so I can fix or understand it.

Thank you for any assistance you are able to provide me, I really appreciate it greatly!"

Once again any help or insights are GREATLY appreciated, my Mom's been through alot and is almost unable to even digest that there is a light at the end of this long long tunnel.

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_gina_2012413.271.1905.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_gina_2012413.271.1905.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21

R4VEN

Brea, as I read your post I thought: "Mmmm, sounds like Pluto to me." I think that the placement of some of her planets in the cardinal signs - Cancer, Libra, Capricorn, and even her Chiron in Aries - is what it's all about. I believe that long-term transits of Pluto, Uranus and Saturn are certainly testing her mettle. Her decision to remain single is also a wise one, as a life test such as this is her test, and a partner would only complicate the mix for her. I'll try to set it out for you as best I can.

I'll begin with Saturn's transit, as Saturn restricts.
Saturn entered Gina's 12th house in September 2007, which would have resulted in her feeling isolated and alone. At the same time, Saturn then squared both natal Neptune and Saturn - this squaring-of-the-other-two planets was on & off for late 2007 and into mid 2008. During this time she was being presented with tests in relation to `what is real and what is imagined?' Reality is very flexible for most of us, so Saturn in this position - especially in the 12th house - brings a harsh reality into focus. The isolation continued, and when Saturn formed a conjunction with her Pluto-Ascendant conjunction (itself a `sign' that total overhaul and transformation is required by her in her life) around Sep 2009 - Sep 2010 - during which her finances would have been severely restricted - then the passage of Saturn through her 1st house would have activated her t-square with Sun & Moon when Saturn reached Uranus - Oct 2010, & again in mid 2011........she would have had to try to balance what she had to do to get by as opposed to what she may have wanted to do.

I am aware that this post can reach novel-proportions, so I'll try to be brief...
I think that the deepest and most fundamental changes took place when transiting Pluto began to conjunct her natal Moon, and so opposing her Sun and squaring her natal Uranus. This is an epic, one-in-a-lifetime transit, the purpose of which is for her to work out what she really needs in her life, and to let go of anything which appears to be leaving her life. She will feel lonely, isolated, unloved (by God/the Universe) and `targeted' by some unseen force which appears to be trying to wipe her out. Wrong!! In future years she (hopefully) will see this time as something which simply had to happen, and she will ultimately be better off in the long run. This long time of total upheaval lasts between early 2010 until early in 2016.

Having already been through (and survived) Pluto messing with me - back when I was around the same age your mother is now - I can honestly say that once I surrendered to what was obviously going to happen no-matter-what, my life slowly began to take on a different hue. Things which had once been important to me no longer were. Things I'd once been stressed about eventually seemed trivial in the grand scheme of life.

I notice that transiting Uranus is passing through her 7th house. In 2013 & 2014 she will be experiencing her Uranus opposition - everyone does around the age of 42. This is a time of inner rebellion for some. It also tends to be a time of increased clarity...........like, "I hadn't seen that before!" Often a person will act in an uncharacteristically radical way as a way of releasing the build-up of tension in their lives. I found it to be incredibly liberating when I experienced it.

This is a Total Life Overhaul for your mother. She will come out of it better - but in ways she could not have imagined or expected. I cannot pre-empt the outcomes for her. All I know is that judging by what you have said in your post, Brea, your mother is already stronger and wiser for what she has already endured.

Brea

Your are so right on! In Sept. of 2007, I quit my job as a project manager for a developer, due to the drop in the real estate market and lack of work. I loved my job and I loved my boss of 4 years. I had a second business at the same time and that was in the manufactured home repo market, very very successful until sept. of 2007. I was so lost and yes, isolated. I moved to Montana to escape the market and unemployment increase. You are dead on when you said to mid 2008. I was not able to get a job until Aug. of 2008. What a struggle. I moved back to oregon July of 2009. I lived in a tent for a little while, and still couldnt get a job to save my life. I got a temp job in Oct. 2010 and it lasted until Jan 2011. Then I got another job in May 2011 and was laid off in Sept. 2011. All I have been able to do since is odd little jobs and have been on unemployment most of the time. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your wonderfully accurate assessment of my most horrible situation. You were right when you said I had to have a harsh reality put into focus, I had to realize that I was not my occupation or career, and realize money was not what made me successful. Unfortunately I did not realize this until this year fully. I finally said " heck with it" sold everything I owned and relocated to Eugene, Oregon. Thank you, thank you, thank you for shedding so much light into this very trying time. Best Wishes always. P.S. Now that I know it will last until 2016 and that it will make me a much better person, I won't look at this like a curse. haha!

Sincerely grateful, Gina!

R4VEN

You were right when you said I had to have a harsh reality put into focus, I had to realize that I was not my occupation or career, and realize money was not what made me successful. Unfortunately I did not realize this until this year fully. I finally said " heck with it" sold everything I owned and relocated to Eugene, Oregon.

Gina, thank you for that positive feedback on your current life circumstances.

I have emboldened the sentence above because that is often the outcome of harsh Saturn and Pluto transits which occur at the same time. I need to tell you that this realisation is a very significant one, and having made that I think you are now on the upside of that huge curve which took your life into a downward spiral.

What I find endlessly fascinating about astrology is that from the moment you were born you were in a way `destined' to have this experience. I think you are managing it very well so far. Many would simply roll over and play dead! I wish you the very best in the future. You are obviously a survivor.

Brea

I definitely share your facination with astrology and for the exact same reason. When you think about it, everything just gains it's proper perspective. Thank you again for your wonderful and supportive advise. Gina! :biggrin: